Anti Depressants and steriods????

DALEX1

Awards
Hey guys im taking anti depressants and wanted to do a cycle but im concerned weather i should are not any info i would be very greatfull, my cycle would be for 12wks, Deca Durabolin200mg wk 1-12 Sustanon250mg wk 1-10 also clomid/novla PCT i just wanted to gain some lean mass but im in doubt if i should saying im on anti depressants.... Thanks.

PittStud78

PittStud78

Awards
Id steer clear if I were you, but wait for the pro's to chime in.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be more specific....

First, WHICH antidepressant?

Second, unless you are meticulous with your PCT, you are just asking for a massive freaking depressive disaster.

Be careful, please.

DALEX1

Awards
cool dude il see what they have to say.... Thanks man.

DALEX1

Awards
Diazepam at the moment only been on them for a wk until i see the doc this wk i think it could be prozac, u see i have bn planing cycle for a while now until i got depressed it comes and goes, so im just not sure if i should are not whenever i do start taking it, are maybe im bn stupid to even be thinking about a cycle now....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diazepam isn't an antidepressant.

Prozac, IMO, is a pretty solid anti-depressant - assuming that your problem lies with your serotonergic tone/system.

Ones I would ABSOLUTELY avoid while even considering a cycle would be effexor and Paxil.

I am a big fan of Wellbutrin.

DALEX1

Awards
cheers dude im still not sure what he will prescribe me he just mention prozac and im just pissed off if i couldnt go a head with my cycle.... If so prozac u reckon it should be ok? dont wana go making myself more depressed if u now what i mean...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cheers dude im still not sure what he will prescribe me he just mention prozac and im just pissed off if i couldnt go a head with my cycle.... If so prozac u reckon it should be ok? dont wana go making myself more depressed if u now what i mean...
Let me ask you...have you played with things like 5-HTP or Tryptophan? St. John's Wort?

Have you played with things like Tyrosine?

It took me MANY doctors that kept prescribing SSRI's and crap that made me go absolutely batshit before I finally discovered that it was NOT my serotonin that was off, but my dopaminergic/NE systems....and wellbutrin was a godsend.

I am not going to pretend to diagnose you, just kind of et you know that this area of medicine is still in its infancy, and many times spending a few hours of research on your own (not to mention access to your own head) will put you on a level at or above most GPs.

DALEX1

Awards
Havin tryed anything like 5-HTP, Tryptophan r St johns wort, i have done 2 cycles in the past Deca,D-bol,Sustanon and was fine but i wasnt as depressed then i just didnt think it would be a good idea to be doing a cycle if i was taking an anti depressant.... Are maybe i should try sth lighter maybe Primobolin 400mg a wk for 12 wks what u think????

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not the compound, it is the lack of test(due top endogenous shut down) and higher estrogen levels when you come OFF (along with the loss of that invincible feeling) that is where the danger lies.

DALEX1

Awards
Could u recommend me a good PCT coming off???? i was thinking Clomid 100mg wk 1 then 50mg for another 3wks along with Novla 40mg wk 1 then 20mg 3wks????

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could u recommend me a good PCT coming off???? i was thinking Clomid 100mg wk 1 then 50mg for another 3wks along with Novla 40mg wk 1 then 20mg 3wks????
IMO, Clomid is NOT a good idea if you are prone to emotional instability.

Use something like Nolva, Activate Extreme, PostCycle Support, Lean Extreme (to control cortisol), DieselTest Hardcore and (this is going to sound goofy, but you need to trust me) 45 seconds of testicular massage, including squeezing, twice a day.

The link between low test levels and depression is pretty much incontrovertible.

DALEX1

Awards
Cheers dude thanks for the Help very greatfull think il go for Nolva and Activate Extreme thanks again buddy.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
isn't St. John's Wort track record been few and far to be conclusive ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
isn't St. John's Wort track record been few and far to be conclusive ?
Yes, but given it's (even if somewhat spotty) effect on Serotonin, any improvement by using it would point towards a serotonin dysfunction, as opposed to NE or DA.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying it combined with Relora. I've been very moody and up/down lately.

I heard that 6 weeks needs to go by before really seeing if it works or not. I'm trying all natural approaches before possibly getting on something.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to take St. Jons wort. It really depends on the brand that you are using. You don't want to cut corners and get a cheap brand. The kind made in Germany is the best where it is actually prescibed by medical doctors in cases of depression.

amalgum

amalgum

Awards
IMO, Clomid is NOT a good idea if you are prone to emotional instability.

Use something like Nolva, Activate Extreme, PostCycle Support, Lean Extreme (to control cortisol), DieselTest Hardcore and (this is going to sound goofy, but you need to trust me) 45 seconds of testicular massage, including squeezing, twice a day.

The link between low test levels and depression is pretty much incontrovertible.
i second this, chlomid send many people off the emotional deep end. it is a pity, since it is actually my favorite serm for pct.

i would recommend something simple like nolva 40/30/20/10 and THEN finishing up with diesel test hardcore. im not a big fan of causing further hormonal imbalances with SHBG inhibitors or messing with cortisol.

depression and low test levels are absolutely linked, in fact testosterone was once looked at to treat depression. Here is my concern, when you are taking test and nadrolone you are going to feel like a god. nandrolone especially is going to make you feel almost stupid happy. coming off of these drugs is going to be a very large *****. you arent going to feel good at all. i would suggest stopping the anti depressants while on the steroids and picking them back up at the beginning of pct.

welbutrin would be my nomination for the best product to take.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well, from what I understand, any anti-depressants that are not SSRIs are toxic to your liver as well.

Apparently SSRIs are not toxic or as toxic.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Just to repeat, stay far away from effexor, unless you're going out tomorrow to buy some rope or a gun. Make sure that it really is depression, and not something like bipolar or a thyroid issue, you can or can't take different meds for different problems. I'll third the Welbutrin, it's safe to take for just about anything. Prozac is okay for straight depression, but has a lot of sides compared to the newer stuff. It's bad news for any level of bipolar. If you end up with an SSRI, and you start to feel AMAZING, call your doc immediately. I know a few people who've had good experiences with Lexapro if Welbutrin didn't work.

In the end, though, don't bother with your GP, go find a good psych.

And don't take advice from people on the internet.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diazepam isn't an antidepressant.

Prozac, IMO, is a pretty solid anti-depressant - assuming that your problem lies with your serotonergic tone/system.

Ones I would ABSOLUTELY avoid while even considering a cycle would be effexor and Paxil.

I am a big fan of Wellbutrin.
whats the risk of doing a cycle and being on effexor???

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats the risk of doing a cycle and being on effexor???
Inb my experience, Effexor either works for you, or makes you suicidal/freakout prone, not to mention screwing with your heart rate, bp, and GI tract - sort of like a panic attack.

Not the best combination with anabolics, especially POST cycle.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks dsade. the only reason i ask is because i am taking effexor for bipolar and also am on trt. never felt better or more stable in my life.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious on why you recommend that?
there are no studies or purported mechanism, other than possible increase in blood flow, but I notice a pronounced increase in libido and semen output when I incorporate testicular massage.

Post cycle, I normallly feel "disconnected" from my genital region - low sex drive, rebounding testicle size, etc. - and testicular massage seems to ameliorate that pretty quickly.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Inb my experience, Effexor either works for you, or makes you suicidal/freakout prone, not to mention screwing with your heart rate, bp, and GI tract - sort of like a panic attack.

Not the best combination with anabolics, especially POST cycle.
Exactly. I've never met anyone who had a good experience with Effexor, and I know quite a few. When I was on it, it helped with my daily anxiety attacks, but turned me into an emotional zombie. Coming off was one of the worst experiences of my life. It can be a life saver, but if your life isn't in danger, it seems to just **** with you. Can't be good combined with the hormonal and emotional ride that you'll be on during PCT.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks dsade. the only reason i ask is because i am taking effexor for bipolar and also am on trt. never felt better or more stable in my life.
TRT is meant to keep you at steady hormone levels...the danger is running true cycles, with massive levels, then a quick come down.

Sounds like you have a perfect regimen for yourself...congrats.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Ach, sorry I missed this post. I'm bipolar, too, and had a terrible time on Effexor. I'm on Lamictal(which I LOVE) and Abilify, and it's a great coctail for me.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there are no studies or purported mechanism, other than possible increase in blood flow, but I notice a pronounced increase in libido and semen output when I incorporate testicular massage.

Post cycle, I normallly feel "disconnected" from my genital region - low sex drive, rebounding testicle size, etc. - and testicular massage seems to ameliorate that pretty quickly.

Ahhh, you're just looking for an excuse to choke the chicken!

fudgebutt

Awards
I've been on effexor for years (as is the tendency when on antidepressants, impossible to get off!), and I've been through some test e and test e + dbol cycles without wanting to murder myself.

AAAAAaanyways, scrotum massage promotes recovery? Cool! I'm there.

Svgeman

Svgeman

Awards
Just to repeat, stay far away from effexor, unless you're going out tomorrow to buy some rope or a gun. Make sure that it really is depression, and not something like bipolar or a thyroid issue, you can or can't take different meds for different problems. I'll third the Welbutrin, it's safe to take for just about anything. Prozac is okay for straight depression, but has a lot of sides compared to the newer stuff. It's bad news for any level of bipolar. If you end up with an SSRI, and you start to feel AMAZING, call your doc immediately. I know a few people who've had good experiences with Lexapro if Welbutrin didn't work.

In the end, though, don't bother with your GP, go find a good psych.

And don't take advice from people on the internet.

I think this answered my question , but to be sure .
Would lexapro be good to go with a 12 week test e cycle ?

By the way , I take the lexapro @ 10mg ed for irritability and aggression .

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I think this answered my question , but to be sure .
Would lexapro be good to go with a 12 week test e cycle ?

By the way , I take the lexapro @ 10mg ed for irritability and aggression .

LIke I said, folks on the net are bad references for this sort of thing. test tends to make you feel good, so it might be fine, unless of course you feel too good. If I were in your position, on 10mgs and stable, I'd try it, but be ready to cut it short. But then I've got a couple of people in my life who know what to watch out for and when to warn me that I'm acting crazy or about to. So take that for what it's worth. If you've got a good support system in place, I might try it, but then again, that's just me. good luck, whatever you decide.

lontroc

Awards
I am bipolar and the best advice I can give is to just be continually mentally prepping yourself for the pct, keep reminding yourself it will suck but it is temporary and will be over soon and in a few months will be worth it, dont forget the hcg to make things smoother