DEATH FROM STEROIDS/PH's!!!

zachconley123

Awards
i kno this question is random but has any body had any near death experiences with these or even heard of any that has died recently???please share your guys thoughts

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Test E/Superdrol killed me, but thankfully Clomid brought me back from the dead. Now I'm just a Zombie that runs around flexxing at random people, yelling Bogaty-Boo Bogaty Boo! Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

zachconley123

Awards
i acted like someone died in the title purposly so u guys would open the thread haha

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
who else opened this thread waiting to see that someone actually died...
haha I did..

and no, I don't know anyone..

BUT, I think it would be really difficult to attribute a near death experience or an actual death solely due to steroid use.. usually there are other factors at play (diet, lifestyle, genetics, etc).. but I mean, if you ran an obscene amount of AAS for months straight year after year I'm sure you could link it to various threatening health issues..

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
Test E/Superdrol killed me, but thankfully Clomid brought me back from the dead. Now I'm just a Zombie that runs around flexxing at random people, yelling Bogaty-Boo Bogaty Boo! Nothing out of the ordinary, really.
haha F@#$ing love it!

iv never heard of anyone dying from steroids of having a near death experience.
i thought my leg was going to fall off the first time i injected sus 375. but no near death haha

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i used to have BP issues that could have been fatal later on in life if allowed to persist, but i got that taken care of and im still here. and as far as AAS i know of many people who str8 up ABUSE steroids and they are all alive, for how long? who knows. but as of now theyr still here.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
but theres always the friend who has a friend who knows a guy whose heart exploded from steroids...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha F@#$ing love it!

iv never heard of anyone dying from steroids of having a near death experience.
i thought my leg was going to fall off the first time i injected sus 375. but no near death haha
You may have missed this:

Attachments

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm suprised Zombie hasn't found this thread yet. Seriously.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought I read somewhere on here that T-Bone had some scary sh!t happen to him...

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
You may have missed this:
umm.... how many people on this forum have used superdrol? .....

ok now that almost everyone has answered yes, how many have died from it....... thats what i thought! NO ONE!

anyways .... yes some body building compounds cause harmful sides, but these sides are TEMPORARY! they will go away over time and even faster with proper PCT and support supplements.
thats how many of us on this forum have used superdrol numerous times and we are all still here to share our experience with it.

everything you take, eat or do has an effect on your body. dont let bullshyt propaganda and people who want to kill the supplement industry scare you off from using the same things everyone else is using

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established

ok now that almost everyone has answered yes, how many have died from it....... thats what i thought! NO ONE!

anyways .... yes some body building compounds cause harmful sides, but these sides are TEMPORARY! they will go away over time and even faster with proper PCT and support supplements.
thats how many of us on this forum have used superdrol numerous times and we are all still here to share our experience with it.

everything you take, eat or do has an effect on your body. dont let bullshyt propaganda and people who want to kill the supplement industry scare you off from using the same things everyone else is using

i still have that bottle of m-drol sitting on the shelf for that rainy day lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You are diplaying complete ignorance here. Yes, no one we know or you know or who is a member here has died yet.

Liver damage may not show up immediately or in weeks or months. Oral steroids significantly increase the chances of liver and kidney and other organ cancer. Cancer is silent and painless and progresses for many many years before it kills you. Additionally, the last time I checked, death from cancer is not temprorary. That my man is not propaganda that is fact.

Next time do just a bit more thinking before you post :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I see a lot of defensiveness when it comes to this topic. While I understand that everyone in this lifestyle is under intense scrutiny as well as having to battle the now very public stigma of "roid user", we should not let that cloud our collective judgment.

As B51 points out, yes there are health risks from using AAS and yes they can come back and get you many years down the line. Does this lifestyle result in a shortened lifespan? IMHO, yes, without a doubt. Whether you are looking at factors such as hypercalorism, the fact that athletes tend to not live long or the long term health consequences of AAS, any one of these factors shortens lifespan..now think about adding all three together.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had a few cases over the years come into the E.R. that were suspicious only later to find out a few were very heavy steroid users. I actually had one come into the E.R. a few years ago that was at the gym drinking from the water fountain and collapsed to the ground. He was found to be pulseless and apnic(not breathing) when fire rescue arrived on scene.

Later to find out from his girlfriend he was a heavy injectable steroid user. To make a long story short, it was eventually concluded that he died of what they believed was an oil based embolism that occluded his pulmonary artery(pulmonary embolism.) So essentially, it completely blocked off his systemic perfusion and he subsequently died as a result.

Was that what really happened, who knows, but the possibility is very much a reality.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
You are diplaying complete ignorance here. Yes, no one we know or you know or who is a member here has died yet.
I'm by no means saying responsible steroid use is unhealthy, but you did make me think of The Reporter: :sad:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/27481-r-i-p.html

You can't prove his AAS use led to his death, but it may have exasperated his preexisting heart condition or something like that.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't know the guy personally but I remember hearing the news and the take home message that came with it.

Thom

Awards
B5150, can you direct me toward published studies correlating responsible oral steroid usage with a significantly increased risk of various cancers or other major health concerns?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The steroid itself may not cause the cancer but the action in the liver and subsequent abnormalities can contribute to an environment conducive to cancer. The exception possibly being oxymetholone, which in this study, of course being done with rats and very high amounts, will or can cause cancer.

liver cancer

NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Oxyme...[Natl Toxicol Program Tech Rep Ser. 1999] - PubMed Result

So when I said "Oral steroids significantly increase the chances of liver and kidney and other organ cancer" I am not saying that the steroid itself is causing the cancer but it can contribute to conditions that can cause and or increase the risk sufficiently enough to at least consider it seriously.

Keep in mind also that the steroids we have access to OTC in the recent years are untested in regard to long term health risks such as cancer for example. Additionally it may not be the steroid itself but the metabolites that are produced after first pass and subsequent passes through the liver that may or may not be carcinogenic or contributors to the conditions that can lead to susceptibility...

...hence my response to an individual who makes a statement that says these sides are temporary. The sides are not even identifiable or quantifiable.

Of course I may be wrong but it is not a bad idea to error on the side of at least informed cautiousness rather than naivete.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established

Liver damage may not show up immediately or in weeks or months. Oral steroids significantly increase the chances of liver and kidney and other organ cancer. Cancer is silent and painless and progresses for many many years before it kills you. Additionally, the last time I checked, death from cancer is not temprorary. That my man is not propaganda that is fact.

Next time do just a bit more thinking before you post :)

i believe he is talking in terms of a death that comes with close proximity to use, such as damn near right away. take it easy, b! no need to go bonkos!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The steroid itself may not cause the cancer but the action in the liver and subsequent abnormalities can contribute to an environment conducive to cancer. The exception possibly being oxymetholone, which in this study, of course being done with rats and very high amounts, will or can cause cancer.

liver cancer

NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Oxyme...[Natl Toxicol Program Tech Rep Ser. 1999] - PubMed Result

So when I said "Oral steroids significantly increase the chances of liver and kidney and other organ cancer" I am not saying that the steroid itself is causing the cancer but it can contribute to conditions that can cause and or increase the risk sufficiently enough to at least consider it seriously.

Keep in mind also that the steroids we have access to OTC in the recent years are untested in regard to long term health risks such as cancer for example. Additionally it may not be the steroid itself but the metabolites that are produced after first pass and subsequent passes through the liver that may or may not be carcinogenic or contributors to the conditions that can lead to susceptibility...

...hence my response to an individual who makes a statement that says these sides are temporary. The sides are not even identifiable or quantifiable.

Of course I may be wrong but it is not a bad idea to error on the side of at least informed cautiousness rather than naivete.
Well said here B. While liver cancer is often not the primary site where the cancer started(often due to metastasis), it can form under circumstances as you've stated above. The constant/chronic damage to hepatocytes overtime can change the genetic structure of these cells causing different cancers to form. I know a common benign tumor called Hepatic Adenomas are common in steroid users.....however you can just as easily develop a malignant hepatocellular carcinoma.

LSU Gladiator

LSU Gladiator

Awards
It's not like that was in the national enquirer. It was the American Journal of Gastroenterology. I don't think it was propaganda on their part.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depends on who you get to talk to as you are walking towards the light :D
It was about 8:30 P.M. Friday night on April 10, 1992, when comedian Sam Kinison was killed in a head on collision with a pickup truck. Kinison had just been married a week before and was travelling from Los Angeles with his newlywed wife, Malika, to a sold out performance in Laughlin, Nevada.

Kinison was completely sober, and drug free at that point in his life, but the teenagers barreling down the wrong side of the highway that night were smashed out of their minds.

Sam had seen the truck coming, and slowed his Trans Am down to just 15 miles per hour, but he wasn't wearing his seat belt. At impact he was thrown into the windshield, and suffered multiple traumatic injuries.

In the first moments after impact Kinison seemed as if he were going to make it, but within minutes he appeared to know he was about to die.

Witnesses stated that Kinison appeared to be holding a conversation in which he stated, "I don't want to die. I don't want to die."

As the conversation continued Sam said, "But why?"

And finally, Kinison stated, "Okay, Okay, Okay".

The last "Okay" was stated in a very gentle and loving manner, as if he were talking with someone he knew, and loved.

Efforts to resuscitate him failed. He was just 38 years old.