Controlled Delivery?

1fast1

Awards
Ok, so every now and then, I buy some powders for homebrewing. They come packaged discreetly. They are always sent registered mail so someone must be present to sign for them. I have them sent to my place of business. The other 2 or 3 times, I haven't been present so someone at the shop signs for them and I just see it when I get back after lunch. Today, the mail person comes and, as usual, I'm at lunch. She tells the guy at the counter here that I personally have to sign for it and that he can't sign for the package. So, that struck me as odd and I instantly thought, controlled delivery! I've read about it plenty, but here is the weird part that makes me think I'm being paranoid:
She left the Delivery Attempt notice with tracking number so I can pick it up anytime at the Post Office.
The package arrived on the exact day it was supposed to which it wouldn't have if it were held up in customs - especially if they tested the powder and awaited lab results.
The package was unopened.

So, do you guys think I should take the notice to the post office and pick up my package or do you think they would keep several police officers waiting to pounce just in case I came in that day to pick it up. Because, generally for a controlled delivery, they are waiting, you sign and they come bust you and search the place. The fact that it showed up on time and I have a slip to pick it up at my convenience at the post office makes me think I'm being paranoid. Any feedback? Anyone here deny a controlled delivery package only to have them leave you a slip to pick it up at your convenience from the post office as normal?!?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so every now and then, I buy some powders for homebrewing. They come packaged discreetly. They are always sent registered mail so someone must be present to sign for them. I have them sent to my place of business. The other 2 or 3 times, I haven't been present so someone at the shop signs for them and I just see it when I get back after lunch. Today, the mail person comes and, as usual, I'm at lunch. She tells the guy at the counter here that I personally have to sign for it and that he can't sign for the package. So, that struck me as odd and I instantly thought, controlled delivery! I've read about it plenty, but here is the weird part that makes me think I'm being paranoid:
She left the Delivery Attempt notice with tracking number so I can pick it up anytime at the Post Office.
The package arrived on the exact day it was supposed to which it wouldn't have if it were held up in customs - especially if they tested the powder and awaited lab results.
The package was unopened.

So, do you guys think I should take the notice to the post office and pick up my package or do you think they would keep several police officers waiting to pounce just in case I came in that day to pick it up. Because, generally for a controlled delivery, they are waiting, you sign and they come bust you and search the place. The fact that it showed up on time and I have a slip to pick it up at my convenience at the post office makes me think I'm being paranoid. Any feedback? Anyone here deny a controlled delivery package only to have them leave you a slip to pick it up at your convenience from the post office as normal?!?
I know someone that that happened to and they went to the post office to pick it up and...........signed for it and brought it home.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
um, usps kinda wants to ensure that the mail gets to the right person. i was havin stuff mailed to my shop for a while. it sent to a fictional person and i just told the post man that was the old owner and i new who he was and id get it to em. this worked three or four times and then i got a new post man who followed the rules and he wouldnt let me sign for this other guys package. kinda sucked!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not like i'm a lawyer, but think about. Would the dea leave a team of agents sitting there at the post office for days potentially waiting for you to pick up your package?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not like i'm a lawyer, but think about. Would the dea leave a team of agents sitting there at the post office for days potentially waiting for you to pick up your package?
they have done stranger things, trust me. Id say its just a worker taking extra precaution to do things right and get the mail to the intended reciever.

mactac

Awards
Let us know before you go pick it up so if we don't hear from you again we know not to do what you did :icon_lol:

Sorry, I really dont know what to tell you to do. Is the amount of money spent on your shipment worth the risk?

smgibson

Awards
I think your being mad paranoid about the whole thing. Wait about a week and then go pick up your package. And then you will think to yourself, Damn, I could have had my stuff a week ago!!!

BigNordic

Awards
Like it was said before, sometimes you get some new postoffice employes that follow the rules to the book....

Hope it works out well....

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
um, usps kinda wants to ensure that the mail gets to the right person. i was havin stuff mailed to my shop for a while. it sent to a fictional person and i just told the post man that was the old owner and i new who he was and id get it to em. this worked three or four times and then i got a new post man who followed the rules and he wouldnt let me sign for this other guys package. kinda sucked!
LOL

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey lil psychotic i see you're a fellow member of the "Savage Nation" Thats cool.

z06

z06

Awards
personally i doubt you have much to worry about. the dea goes after who they think are dealers and believe me they aren't going to wait for you at a post office they would simply get a search warrant and raid you. how many g's did you have shipped? and since everything is on time it's just another reason not to be worried, but i remember I had placed an order with a domestic ugl right before ORD hit and i was shitting bricks when that package came. Have fun brewing, as I plan on making a powder order in the next couple of months ;)