sdrol v. epi: glycogen

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I read in an older thread about superdrol being "a glycogen vacuum" compared to epi products. Can someone explain this for me?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I always wondered this myself...noticed that I become more hypo on SD than with Havoc so loading up in carbs is more important but never really understood what is going on...

Guess I'm one of those...as long as it works...people haha

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
considering glycogen is stored in the muscles and liver, id think that it increases your bodies capacity to hold more, which more glycogen you can also store more water weight. I have also heard SD did this, but not havoc.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
considering glycogen is stored in the muscles and liver, id think that it increases your bodies capacity to hold more, which more glycogen you can also store more water weight. I have also heard SD did this, but not havoc.
yeah that's what I've heard now that I remember...also about not to load up on too much carbs at one time...

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
right, SD causes your muscles to store mass amounts of glycogen... which is why people swell up so fast on SD, especially when they are eating lots of carbs

It also explains the extreme muscle pumps and density you feel on cycle... and why most peoples strength explodes quickly

Havoc does this also, but not to nearly the degree that SD does

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
So a lot of the weight gained on Sdrol and some even from epi is glycogen and not muscle?

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
That's one of the major differences between the two that I noticed anecdotally. Epi really dried me out alot. I like the pumps of superdrol better. You just get so big so quick on superdrol. But epi comes with waaaay less sides.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Diet will play a role mainly carb intake... but when i ran SD i gained like 15lbs, but I lost 5-6lbs during the first week of PCT and could tell it was mainly glycogen and a lil water b/c i just deflated

Strength and endurance dropped like a rock as well

With havoc or epi i pretty much maintain the same weight throughout PCT, and strength doesn't fall off like it did with SD

When it's all said and done you'll stick make alot bigger gains on SD... but i personally hate watchin myself deflate after lookin all swole for a few weeks... with the milder compounds you don't get the explosive gains, but you get steady gains that are easy to maintain

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Diet will play a role mainly carb intake... but when i ran SD i gained like 15lbs, but I lost 5-6lbs during the first week of PCT and could tell it was mainly glycogen and a lil water b/c i just deflated

Strength and endurance dropped like a rock as well

With havoc or epi i pretty much maintain the same weight throughout PCT, and strength doesn't fall off like it did with SD

When it's all said and done you'll stick make alot bigger gains on SD... but i personally hate watchin myself deflate after lookin all swole for a few weeks... with the milder compounds you don't get the explosive gains, but you get steady gains that are easy to maintain
I will hate to see myself deflate a little too. but with pulsing it I like the fact that it won't be so drastic and be more maintainable in the end :)