GOV A$$ Holes

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
why after 60 years of widespread use of steroids in every thing from sports, hollywood actors, and everyone else who just wanted to be stronger bigger and better themselves, why crack down now and suddenly make it such a big deal?
if they just want to ban it from pro sports i can half way understand that, but the largest percentage of users are average healthy adult men who use these compounds responsibly for he most part.
its just frustrating when your good sources start to one by one get caught because of all the pressure from the media on the gov to do something about our nations "steroid abuse" problem.

sorry for the rant, just got more bad news today

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man it's crazy right now. Pretty soon it will be worse IMO. I'd say stock up now if you can. Then lay low. Real low.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
yep, i honestly wouldn't even feel safe logging a cycle using real gear

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
yep, i honestly wouldn't even feel safe logging a cycle using real gear
Just say your taking hardcore "creatine", or something like that, if your going to log it lol. Everyone will know what you talking about, but technically you couldnt get in trouble. I swear the gov't wont stop until theyve taken everything us bodybuilders have. If they had it their way creatine, dhea and anti estrogens would all be illegal. Its all about the gov't and prescription companies playing pocket pool all day long.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
and....

when politicians run for office they can put on their ad campaign how they helped rid the world of the evils of steroids.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
and....

when politicians run for office they can put on their ad campaign how they helped rid the world of the evils of steroids.
pretty much what it comes down to.

Its not as if global warming has been a secret all these years, now every polly is going on about being "greener" and reducing carbon emissions etc. Like they actually giv a sh1t. But it looks good on them in the public eye.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i agree but this is just the govt's turn for steroids. it goes from all drugs so this is not new. they did this with pot, coke, meth, dope, now its steroids turn. after the olympics it will go back to normal. besides as long as there is a demand for something people will find a way to supply it, the availability will not change just the prices :(

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
If I were God all substances would be legal. But at the same time steroids can be dangerous and cause numerous life threatening disorders especially if abused. They way younger guys abuse the otc 'roids with no regard to their health whatsoever it's necessary for steroids to be prescription classed controlled substances. I can't complain with all the legal otc orals that're still around which's a miracle considering the gov't started a ban on anything & everything hormonal 4 years ago. Only a matter of time before the rest are gone... :(

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All the more reason to actually be pro-active in your Government Elections. You have rights; It's up to you to know them.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
All the more reason to actually be pro-active in your Government Elections. You have rights; It's up to you to know them.
Yup. What if the Civil Rights movement was conducted on message boards...

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
The only chance we had was Ron Paul and thats out the window.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only chance we had was Ron Paul and thats out the window.
That's not our only chance. It starts from within your own city, then state... and so forth. Don't give yourself, or this country a roadblock because the one person you thought could help, can't.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
That's not our only chance. It starts from within your own city, then state... and so forth. Don't give yourself, or this country a roadblock because the one person you thought could help, can't.
Its only going to get worse bro. We are losing out personal freedoms little by little. Don't get me wrong, I still vote, but now its just boils down to who is the lesser of evils.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I disagree, Hyde. And IT WILL get worse if the attitude that is carried around is so. This country is strong, but can fall if everyone bows their heads down because we can't buy steroids when we want, or etc. I'm glad it's like that. I mean come on, everything that can freely be bought (alcohol/fire arms/etc) destroys a family every second because someone is not responsible. If steroids were readily available, the same thing will be said. Not everyone is responsible, nor safe.

This Country will not fall.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
The thing that bothers me most is how intensely the government is cracking down on steroids, but there is absolutely no effort to outlaw tobacco or alcohol. Both of which are substantially more dangerous. How many people die from steroids a year? How many people die from tobacco and alcohol a year? Get the picture? Anyone who says all this ruckus is because steroids are dangerous is absolutely 100% full of ****.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
The thing that bothers me most is how intensely the government is cracking down on steroids, but there is absolutely no effort to outlaw tobacco or alcohol. Both of which are substantially more dangerous. How many people die from steroids a year? How many people die from tobacco and alcohol a year? Get the picture? Anyone who says all this ruckus is because steroids are dangerous is absolutely 100% full of ****.
Yeah, I hear ya. I dont understand how alcohol is legal, but pot is not.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
im surprised all the designers/prohormones are still around also, deff can't complain about that.
and im not saying that steroids should be readily available, im saying that for many years now us more experienced guys have always known who and where to get good stuff and now its almost too big of a deal to try to find a RELIABLE source with QUALITY gear, because all the old trusted ones have been busted or are becoming very shady.

i guess some of yall are right, politicians just need something to say they did or were a part of, because God knows none of then can run for a position on good morals and honesty alone

ludacris007

ludacris007

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost::hammer:

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
taxes on alcohol, and tobacco make the gov too much money to outlaw them!

the main reason pot is illegal is because if it was legalized the gov couldn't make any money off it because everyone would just grow there own.

if the health side of it had anything to do with it alcohol and tobacco would be illegal too, but obviously thats not what our gov is really worried about

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
taxes on alcohol, and tobacco make the gov too much money to outlaw them!

the main reason pot is illegal is because if it was legalized the gov couldn't make any money off it because everyone would just grow there own.

if the health side of it had anything to do with it alcohol and tobacco would be illegal too, but obviously thats not what our gov is really worried about
My point exactly. It all comes back to money. It's not about the betterment of our country and its citizens, it's about putting more money into the pockets of the people in power. Don't even get me started about drugs in America.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I feel it's all about the money. I take a look at the FDA. They ban things that don't exactly have much reason to be banned besides THEY WORK. I mean just look at some of the things that have been banned. And makin a stink with the red yeast rice right after the problems with their own cholesterol drug. I was actually in a store the other day with a friend and some product bragged "The only FDA approved product for such and such". I told my friend "how much do you want to bet its manufactured by a major drug company". I looked at the back, and there it was. Glaxosmithkline. Point proven. I mean the drug companies basically have the FDA in their back pockets, so you see things like the FDA banning things not necessarily because it's so harmful, but because it is an effective remedy that might just rival prescription drugs and cause a little competition.

As for the hormonal products, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more banning. I mean I heard of the FDA trying to ban DHEA, and what surprises me is there are HD, SD, PP, tren, propadrol, methyl 1 alpha, all kinds of things out there, and I see them putting pressure on DHEA. Now, we better watch out. I would not at all be surprised if we see 6-oxo, formestane, designers and PH's, ATD, DHEA, all kinds of things go bye bye very soon here.

What does it come down to? I believe it all comes down to money. If they can't make money off of it, ban it. Cease the competition. That way they can charge us anything they want when we need some medicine, and it's illegal to self-medicate with a chinese herb. Oh yeah, here's another way to increase revenue- Make it so it's illegal to import cheap effective pharmaceuticals from other countries. Oh wait, that's being taken care of.:(

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I saw a commentary about the drug situation in America on HBO/Showtime about a month or so ago and it was very interesting. It said that there has been studies done that show that marijuana could be used in place of something like 80% of all prescription drugs.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
this is the reason im moving to europe in a year.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...Just like tobacco pothead!
hahahaha.

That and also alcohol has been consumed by the general public for hundreds of years. Pot is still "underground" even in today's society.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I am hoping that once a myostatin blocker hits the market everyone will be using that rather than androgens, and the media will focus on that instead, and the stigma of male HRT will be lifted and then doctors wont be so disdainful of my medication.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
We also have SARMs to look forward to, yay.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
We also have SARMs to look forward to, yay.
Yeah, unless they make some sort of ban where it can't be marketed unless its run through the FDA. Then there's nothing to look forward to except... all natty or the dark side no matter what ya do...

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
It pisses me off that the Government is even spending money on investigating MLB and having the DEA crack down on steroids. There are so many other issues that the ***clowns in the goverment should be focusing on.

1.) The pending economic collapse of our government, the American Dollar has been passed out by the canadian dollar and the euro.

2.) The housing problem

3.) Illegal imigration, Illegal aliens are draining our goverment of valuable money IT DOESNT HAVE !!!!!

4.) The war in iraq

The list of topics could go on forever but lets crack down on athletes looking to recover faster or people trying to get an edge in the gym... Morons !:rasp:

GREENFEATHER

GREENFEATHER

Awards
I disagree, Hyde. And IT WILL get worse if the attitude that is carried around is so. This country is strong, but can fall if everyone bows their heads down because we can't buy steroids when we want, or etc. I'm glad it's like that. I mean come on, everything that can freely be bought (alcohol/fire arms/etc) destroys a family every second because someone is not responsible. If steroids were readily available, the same thing will be said. Not everyone is responsible, nor safe.

This Country will not fall.

I got your back on this one bro. The problem is that you and I have seen the way it is in other countries. We HAVE the power to change our country, but we've become too damned lazy to do anything about it!:rant:

Sua sponte!

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
lol sorry to break it to you, but personally im a not a big fan of white supremacy.....

lol sorry to break it to you, but you're very uninformed about Ron Paul. Hahaha funny right. He's not a white supremacist.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
The remaining OTC hormones have been barely hanging on by a thread and all this obsurdity happening in baseball may just help banish these for good. The players need something to blame because they obviously can't be honest & take responsibilty for what they did - indignant bastards...

Thursday, January 24, 2008
Steroids in Baseball Blamed on Dietary Supplements

Say It Ain’t So, Donald
Steroids in Baseball Blamed on Dietary Supplements

In the latest twist in the baseball players’ steroid use scandal, congressional hearings following the release of the Mitchell Report have generated a new controversy: MLB players union chief Donald Fehr has apparently tried to shift part of the blame to poor regulation of dietary supplements, suggesting that players may have accidentally ingested banned drugs due to poor manufacturing practices in an industry deregulated by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA).

Let me be blunt: What a bunch of bull! First of all, it is ridiculous to try to point the blame at dietary supplements as the cause of professional athletes’ steroid use, implying that the players were doped against their will. I can’t believe for a minute that world-class athletes don’t have their expert trainers carefully scrutinize products before using them, and then only as part of a complete nutritional program. Either the players or their trainers know, or should know, what they’re taking. Does anyone really believe that players are impulsively buying crappy supplements in gas stations? Please!

In fact, DSHEA does not allow steroids to be used in dietary supplements. DSHEA actually makes it illegal to sell dietary supplements containing any undisclosed ingredients, making them by definition “adulterated” and subject to strict FDA action. DSHEA also requires that all health claims be submitted to the FDA, and prohibits any new dietary ingredients without first registering safety information with the agency. The Bioterrorism Act also requires domestic and foreign facilities that manufacture, process, pack, or hold food for human or animal consumption in the United States to register with the FDA. Please check the FDA website and see it all for yourself. (3)

It is plainly illegal to sell any restricted substances - drugs - without OTC status or a physician's prescription, and all drugs require specific labeling. It is also illegal to sell anabolic steroid precursors like androstene in this country because of another law that was strongly supported by the dietary supplement manufacturers. A New York Daily News article (2) uncritically echoed the unbelievable argument that supplements are now unregulated because of DSHEA and reprinted an outrageous quote by someone who should know better, alleging that “DSHEA was created in order to give the supplement manufacturers a huge shield so they could distribute steroids”, despite the obvious restrictions and regulations that the law imposes. Mr. Fehr’s questionable allegations were featured on AOL, CNN, ESPN, and news feeds that went around the world; sometimes with sympathetic journalists adding similar sentiments and supporting quotes. But we can see the facts for ourselves on the FDA’s own website, proving it ain’t so. (1)

Dietary supplement manufacturers also supported FDA’s dramatically increased regulation of supplement manufacturing (cGMPs, or current Good Manufacturing Practices); which was authorized by DSHEA, by the way. The industry even supported mandatory reporting of serious adverse events linked (possibly related) to their products, which is now in effect.

It is clear by the record that the dietary supplement industry has consistently supported increased regulation of its own operations and products as a good faith effort to protect its customers, an estimated 2/3 of American adults, even though DSHEA has obviously given the FDA additional regulatory authority over a number of areas. The industry has even lobbied Congress for additional FDA funding to improve the agency’s enforcement of dietary supplement regulations, an incredible effort by an industry to increase government regulation of that same industry. This support should come as no surprise, since the industry is focused on the scientific use of nutrition as a means to offer healthy alternatives for people trying to avoid the use of drugs in the first place. Drugs are dangerous controlled substances, by definition, and nutrients are regulated as a special food category.

In this case, Rep. Waxman seemed quite willing to believe the hype, but his history evidences his unwavering belief that the dietary supplement industry is under-regulated, even as more and more layers of regulation are added. Could it be that Mr. Fehr simply, and successfully, gambled that he could distract his inquisitor by providing another target that might be welcomed by such a prominent industry critic?

In my opinion, this whole baseball doping controversy really has nothing to do with sloppy supplement manufacturing or poor regulation of the dietary supplement industry, which I consider slanderously false accusations, and everything to do with deliberate illegal drug dealing and steroid use by those who are now desperately trying to find a scapegoat.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
sumb*tches... that's all I've got to say...

MB

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I feel it's all about the money. I take a look at the FDA. They ban things that don't exactly have much reason to be banned besides THEY WORK. I mean just look at some of the things that have been banned. And makin a stink with the red yeast rice right after the problems with their own cholesterol drug. I was actually in a store the other day with a friend and some product bragged "The only FDA approved product for such and such". I told my friend "how much do you want to bet its manufactured by a major drug company". I looked at the back, and there it was. Glaxosmithkline. Point proven. I mean the drug companies basically have the FDA in their back pockets, so you see things like the FDA banning things not necessarily because it's so harmful, but because it is an effective remedy that might just rival prescription drugs and cause a little competition.

As for the hormonal products, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more banning. I mean I heard of the FDA trying to ban DHEA, and what surprises me is there are HD, SD, PP, tren, propadrol, methyl 1 alpha, all kinds of things out there, and I see them putting pressure on DHEA. Now, we better watch out. I would not at all be surprised if we see 6-oxo, formestane, designers and PH's, ATD, DHEA, all kinds of things go bye bye very soon here.

What does it come down to? I believe it all comes down to money. If they can't make money off of it, ban it. Cease the competition. That way they can charge us anything they want when we need some medicine, and it's illegal to self-medicate with a chinese herb. Oh yeah, here's another way to increase revenue- Make it so it's illegal to import cheap effective pharmaceuticals from other countries. Oh wait, that's being taken care of.:(
Good posting bro.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I got your back on this one bro. The problem is that you and I have seen the way it is in other countries. We HAVE the power to change our country, but we've become too damned lazy to do anything about it!:rant:

Sua sponte!
I've seen the way it is in other countries too, and don't think for a second that being in the millitary is going to change the government because we both know that that branch of the government is good to go :thumbsup: but its just that after I took a couple of law classes, I realized that there are so many loop holes that the government has to get around things. I agree that we need to change things and we still have the power to do so, and I am not going to sit back and watch it happen, its just that there are laws and loopholes in place that set us up for failure. If you want to learn how bad the future of this country can be, then read 1984. Vote Libertarian!

"The voice of God is Government" - Bad Religion

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
i agree but this is just the govt's turn for steroids. it goes from all drugs so this is not new. they did this with pot, coke, meth, dope, now its steroids turn. after the olympics it will go back to normal. besides as long as there is a demand for something people will find a way to supply it, the availability will not change just the prices :(
EXACTLY! People are still getting their meth, coke, dope and shyt but prices I'm sure are higher because of the scarcity than it was years ago...

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
im surprised all the designers/prohormones are still around also, deff can't complain about that.
and im not saying that steroids should be readily available, im saying that for many years now us more experienced guys have always known who and where to get good stuff and now its almost too big of a deal to try to find a RELIABLE source with QUALITY gear, because all the old trusted ones have been busted or are becoming very shady.

i guess some of yall are right, politicians just need something to say they did or were a part of, because God knows none of then can run for a position on good morals and honesty alone
How come people are giving "former" Gov. Spitzer (NY) criticism for helping prostitutes earn a living??? I thought he could use that to help him with his politics in helping the needy...maybe even getting a few off the streets and on their knees...OOPS FEET I mean sorry...:blink::cool:

thedude325

Awards
lol sorry to break it to you, but personally im a not a big fan of white supremacy.....
Personally, I'm not a big fan of ANY of these pricks I've seen lately.

Like George Carlin says: "This country was bought and sold a LONG time ago. That **** they shuffle around ever four years doesnt mean ****."

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I'm not a big fan of ANY of these pricks I've seen lately.

Like George Carlin says: "This country was bought and sold a LONG time ago. That **** they shuffle around ever four years doesnt mean ****."
Very true!!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A lady on TV told me yesterday that steroids are addictive and possibly fatal after some kids got busted for making/selling roids.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
thats our media haha. scares the public into whatever they want. take a loot at REEFER MADNESS. its a funny ( now its funny ) movie on the " harmful " effects of nug that the govt put out to try to scare people into not smoking. theyr doing the same thing, althought using media and bullshit studies, to scare people off using steroids.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In high school they told us that the gov has three options with drugs.Go overbord and make penalties so severe that most wouldn't even consider doing it.Make them legal.or scare people from using them.

I smoked pot from 13-20.I hated that it was illegal and all the trouble it could get you into when theirs nothing wrong with it.All this crap with roids is exactly the same.You ever hear of people complaing about heroine,neth,coke,x,or acid being illegal besides when they get caught?I used meth,acid and shrooms and never once thought I can't believe this is illegal!Thats doesn't mean anything,just saying.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yo i hear ya i love blunts. alwyas gota wury that i cud get in trub for something so miniscule as nuglets.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I loved bongs.Some are harsh as hell,but others are so smooth.You have to know which ones to get.I loved that the water filters some stuff out,but can't filter thc cause it's not water soluble.Then you get a big ass smooth hit with the right ones.I had one that would almsot make you black out from clearing it sometimes cause it was so big.Just like after finishing some heavy intense deads or sq's.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL, love that comparison pantera :D

MB