Im Back With Some Bad News :(

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I know this doesnt belong here, but this is where i spend most of my time on here and feel as though my friends would more likely read it here than anywhere else.

Well as some of u know (and of course some of u dont), i have Crohn's disease which ive had since i was 13. Just this past year i have fell into a huge hole and have had the worst "flares" of my life.

Just this past Wedensday, my parents and i decided to go through with surgery and have a small bowel resection. The surgeons cut out the bad/dead/diseased part of the intestine and connect healthy ends.

The surgery was a succes and i am now recovering. I feel as though this was the best move i could have made because medicine just wasnt working anymore and i couldnt live the way i was.

I have lost all gains that i worked my ass off for for the past 4 years and probably weigh around 150lbs now with no chance of hitting the gym for a couple months.

With such supportive friends and family, especially my loving girlfriend, i am hoping that i wont slip into any kind of depression.

I will still be on here as much as possible, not like i can DO anything else really lol, and still want to share the knowledge i have and learn everything i possibly can from everyone on here.

Sorry for the long read and the post in the wrong section guys!!....painkillers have me a little loopy :fool2:......

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on a speedy recovery man, same thing is happening to one of my best friends and I know it can be harsh. Hope all goes well for you.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
Sorry to hear about that man. Don't feel too bad about the gains you've lost, you'll be able to gain it back pretty easily when your muscle memory kicks in.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
How do you know if you have crohn's disease ? I have a very sensative GI tract it seems.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea bro get better man! I grew up with a kid that had that and it completely changed the way he looked. Atleast you did what you had to do man and best of luck with your recovery!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Muscle memory bro, you'll be back. Just go to a new gym when you do get back and people will be amazed by your rapid progress.

Take care.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I know this doesnt belong here, but this is where i spend most of my time on here and feel as though my friends would more likely read it here than anywhere else.

Well as some of u know (and of course some of u dont), i have Crohn's disease which ive had since i was 13. Just this past year i have fell into a huge hole and have had the worst "flares" of my life.

Just this past Wedensday, my parents and i decided to go through with surgery and have a small bowel resection. The surgeons cut out the bad/dead/diseased part of the intestine and connect healthy ends.

The surgery was a succes and i am now recovering. I feel as though this was the best move i could have made because medicine just wasnt working anymore and i couldnt live the way i was.

I have lost all gains that i worked my ass off for for the past 4 years and probably weigh around 150lbs now with no chance of hitting the gym for a couple months.

With such supportive friends and family, especially my loving girlfriend, i am hoping that i wont slip into any kind of depression.

I will still be on here as much as possible, not like i can DO anything else really lol, and still want to share the knowledge i have and learn everything i possibly can from everyone on here.

Sorry for the long read and the post in the wrong section guys!!....painkillers have me a little loopy :fool2:......
Hey Nos keep your head up it's for the best. I got really sick about 9 years ago and ended up in the hospital. After many tests and days of hell I was diagnosed with Crohns too. I changed my diet & took the recommended meds and I haven't had one flare up since. The last time I was tested the doc said there were no signs that it still even existed - even though they typically say it doesn't go away itself. It sounds to me like you had the best possible thing happen with the surgery. Hang in there bro & be patient because from here on out everything in life will only get better.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Well, its probly better you got it taken care of now, rather than farther down the line were the recovery would have been longer/more intense.

Be strong.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Hey good luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.Keep you head up an stay strong.
-Joe:good:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you know if you have crohn's disease ? I have a very sensative GI tract it seems.
Most symptoms are gastrointestinal; constipation, redness of the anus (inflammation or infection), diarrhea, bloody stool. All of these must be chronic before a Chron's diagnosis will be put forward.

There are other symptoms, but if you were unfortunate enough to have it, you'd most likely be noticing these thus far. '

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I have an idea how you feel. I lost 35 lbs of lbm after a severe injury at 47. I made it back, I think you will, too. I don't know about muscle memory, but the second time around you'll know a lot more about how to train and it shouldn't take as long.

Good luck.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Most symptoms are gastrointestinal; constipation, redness of the anus (inflammation or infection), diarrhea, bloody stool. All of these must be chronic before a Chron's diagnosis will be put forward.

There are other symptoms, but if you were unfortunate enough to have it, you'd most likely be noticing these thus far. '
Yeppers. I noticed mine because I was having excruciating pain in my lower right side - right above the right hip sorta in the right oblique only slightly towards to back too.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
this is the 3rd time in the hospital since september.

Long story short, my dad was adopted so we dont know about his genes, but my mom has a distant cousin with crohns and he had surgery and hasnt had a sign of anything in 30 years....also without any medication.

so im hoping for the best. i know recovery will be slow, but i have diet and training nailed down so im hoping for some "better quality" gains then when i initially began 4 years ago. only thing that sucks is that i havent had solid food in over 2 weeks...

thanks for all the kind words and support guys, i really appreciate it and need it right now

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad your surgery was a success.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
Muscle memory bro, you'll be back. Just go to a new gym when you do get back and people will be amazed by your rapid progress.

Take care.
bump to this, ive seen people stop working out for VERY long periods and just pack muscle back on crazy fast. Dont stress it...you have your whole life for it anyway! :cheers:

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
hey bro, hope you recover fast and stay positive. seems the worst is behind you now so once you make a full recovery you should be happy as ever not having to deal with those flares. AM should help keep you motivated as well.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
wise move on having the op

all the best with recovery

cheers

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have an idea how you feel. I lost 35 lbs of lbm after a severe injury at 47. I made it back, I think you will, too. I don't know about muscle memory, but the second time around you'll know a lot more about how to train and it shouldn't take as long.

Good luck.
Ditto on what he said. Been there, coming back and making it happen.

Bodybuilding can be 'productive' but I would quit it in a second for 'purpose'. Give this thing a purpose and it can change your life and someone else's greater than you can imagine.

Consider for a second that you may be very helpful to someone who is suffering and struggling with this same issue.

Good luck and be well.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
wishing you a speedy recovery bro and don't worry so much about the gains you've lost I'm sure you'll get it all back and some.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Ditto on what he said. Been there, coming back and making it happen.

Bodybuilding can be 'productive' but I would quit it in a second for 'purpose'. Give this thing a purpose and it can change your life and someone else's greater than you can imagine.

Consider for a second that you may be very helpful to someone who is suffering and struggling with this same issue.

Good luck and be well.

damn my crazy meds!!...i read that 10 times and still dont understand it 100% :rofl:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you look at life and the things that happens not as accidents or as being a victim but rather that they happen for a purpose you may find empowerment from them.

Suppose for a minute that there is a greater purpose for what is going on in your life. Suppose someone who is just experiencing this for the first time or is recently diagnose or for that matter is very ill from it. You have a powerful and potent testimony of hope and recovery that you may be able to share with someone who is less hopeful and more fearful and or frustrated, in pain and still suffering.

You are "the other side" of this thing that they may have yet to find for themselves or believe that there is a chance or hope of finding.

Simply put; you know personally what they are going through. You are evidence that things can be OK and you may be able to support and encourage them through it just as you were here and at home.

You are disappointed that you cannot bodybuild like you used to. It is a very productive activity that you may have to live without for some time.

If you see your illness and now recovery as something that has a purpose for your life it changes the perspective.

Sometimes we suffer and recover from things (and lose things that bring us pleasure) in our lives for the very specific purpose of helping, encouraging and being evidence to others that they do not suffer alone and that they too can recover.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Well before i was hospitalized this time, i planned on being a counselor for a camp for kids with Cron's and Colitis. a few years ago i was a camper and ever since ive wanted to become a counselor

i get what ur saying now B5150

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Awww man, we are here for you, get better soon, i dont really know what to say, but its great to have you here at anabolicminds, and to have your knowledge, i really appreciate it bro!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Stay strong bro, youll be better some day. And you have an inspiring story for the rest of us. Indeed injuries and sickness befalls all of us at some point and our gains suffer for it. but think of the big picture, you have life and are still here, and i'm sure willl live much better due to this procedure.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
get well, comebacks are always possible. trust me it can take years but you can do it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heres to a quick recovery! I'm sure you'll be able to bounce back pretty quick in the gym once you are allowed to by the Drs.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Man I lost A LOT of weight and muscle when I got into a bad car accident early last year. I was weighing in at 168 and was so depressed I just stayed in my room and was kind of anti-social. I was depressed that people were telling me how small and skinny I looked and just remembering how I used to look by past pictures made it even worse. I didn't even feel like putting in the time for lifting anymore, just didn't feel like doing anything. My bro got my a$$ back in the gym and I'm more hardcore and feeling better than ever! I am amazed by how much I grew, my self esteem is through the roof, and people suspected I was using gear even when I never had! I was flattered and didn't care. I did end up getting depressed over losing my muscle but pushed through it. So what I'm saying is even if it does set in for you, you can EASILY get it back...I went from sunken in face and being boney (naturally I'm not so I was reallllly in bad shape) to huge (I'm 2lbs from having a 40lb gain for almost a year). I've only done 1 full cycle of PS in my life and currently finishing up another and stopping for rest of this year as my intention was not to use PS/PH for a substitute for hard work and growth. Self esteem is up, joints (diagnosed with mild arthritis) feels great with less stress and that was my goal...so don't worry about it bud

jpk

jpk

Awards
I think the counseling job says it all. If there's some cosmic reason for you to get this condition, maybe it involves helping others. It's funny that most of us stay immune to all the suffering around us until it affects us personally. You'll be a tremendous help to those youngsters by overcoming your plight and sharing your experiences with them. I wish you all the best!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, sorry to hear about your health. The good thing is that you're young and resilient, and will be able to recover fast. The gains come back pretty quick, and you'll be starting with a low BF, so maybe that will cheer you up. A few years ago, i spent some time in the hospital, and lost about 20 lbs. It sucked, but I was back to full strength and size after about 4 months back at the gym. Take it easy, and just think of the gains you'll make on your next cycle. It will be like your first time all over again!

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. While not as serious as your situation is, last summer i had mono and couldn't lift for a long time. Went from about 195ish to prob about 175 and fat from the corticosteroids they had me on.. I'm almost back to where I was before now a year later.. Woot for muscle memory

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
the best thing for me i knowing that i'll be going home only taking 1 medicine (to keep me in remission) and wont have a handfull of other med to down throughout the day. i think the more meds the docs gave me, the worse i got

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hope you recover quickly and are symptom free. You will get the muscle back and feel better doing it without syptoms and all the other meds you used to be on hindering gains.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont worry about the iron bro, the beauty of it is, that the iron is always there right where you left it

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear man.
i know this is a hard thing to cope with because i have a very close friend who went through the exact same thing w/crons disease.
i wish you a speedy recovery.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
thanks everyone, its really reassuring and encouraging to hear all of this

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Dude your gains are going to come back and you will be better than ever. I was out for 10 years, and I have gained 20lbs since returning 5 months ago. This is a hiccup bro, you are going to be fine.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good luck Bro! just think about those close to you and concern yourself with the future of your health...

I agree, don't worry about your gains...they come back quickly after such times!

:cheers:to your speedy recovery!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Yup glad to hear it's a success. Just worry about recovery. When you're ready to hit the gym again it will only take a couple of months. maybe even 1 month for muscle memory to kick in.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
I'd like to offer my story to you perhaps to help you through a time where you can't really do anything at the gym.

Read my pictures thread - it tells the story.
I hurt my shoulder pretty badly in '99 - couldn't really lift till '02. I've come from 130 lbs or so up to 170 lbs and really transformed my bodyfat and muscle mass in the last 6 years.

You can do it bro. Just don't give up and get down on your self.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/26762-jmh80-s-progression.html

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
best of luck bigdog. just think of this as a bump in the road, a year from now you will gain all you have lost plus more and be better for it. things like this happen and you will be back in the gym beastin it again before you know it.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
I'd like to offer my story to you perhaps to help you through a time where you can't really do anything at the gym.

Read my pictures thread - it tells the story.
I hurt my shoulder pretty badly in '99 - couldn't really lift till '02. I've come from 130 lbs or so up to 170 lbs and really transformed my bodyfat and muscle mass in the last 6 years.

You can do it bro. Just don't give up and get down on your self.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/26762-jmh80-s-progression.html
Impressive, 100% hard work and keep it up. Good motivation for everyone else. I'm seeing a lot of dedicated hard work on these forums and that's awesome. A+