Im Back With Some Bad News :(

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Im Back With Some Bad News :(


    I know this doesnt belong here, but this is where i spend most of my time on here and feel as though my friends would more likely read it here than anywhere else.

    Well as some of u know (and of course some of u dont), i have Crohn's disease which ive had since i was 13. Just this past year i have fell into a huge hole and have had the worst "flares" of my life.

    Just this past Wedensday, my parents and i decided to go through with surgery and have a small bowel resection. The surgeons cut out the bad/dead/diseased part of the intestine and connect healthy ends.

    The surgery was a succes and i am now recovering. I feel as though this was the best move i could have made because medicine just wasnt working anymore and i couldnt live the way i was.



    I have lost all gains that i worked my ass off for for the past 4 years and probably weigh around 150lbs now with no chance of hitting the gym for a couple months.

    With such supportive friends and family, especially my loving girlfriend, i am hoping that i wont slip into any kind of depression.

    I will still be on here as much as possible, not like i can DO anything else really lol, and still want to share the knowledge i have and learn everything i possibly can from everyone on here.


    Sorry for the long read and the post in the wrong section guys!!....painkillers have me a little loopy ......


  2. Good luck on a speedy recovery man, same thing is happening to one of my best friends and I know it can be harsh. Hope all goes well for you.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   
       


  3. Sorry to hear about that man. Don't feel too bad about the gains you've lost, you'll be able to gain it back pretty easily when your muscle memory kicks in.

  4. How do you know if you have crohn's disease ? I have a very sensative GI tract it seems.

  5. Yea bro get better man! I grew up with a kid that had that and it completely changed the way he looked. Atleast you did what you had to do man and best of luck with your recovery!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       


  6. Muscle memory bro, you'll be back. Just go to a new gym when you do get back and people will be amazed by your rapid progress.

    Take care.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by nosnmiveins View Post
    I know this doesnt belong here, but this is where i spend most of my time on here and feel as though my friends would more likely read it here than anywhere else.

    Well as some of u know (and of course some of u dont), i have Crohn's disease which ive had since i was 13. Just this past year i have fell into a huge hole and have had the worst "flares" of my life.

    Just this past Wedensday, my parents and i decided to go through with surgery and have a small bowel resection. The surgeons cut out the bad/dead/diseased part of the intestine and connect healthy ends.

    The surgery was a succes and i am now recovering. I feel as though this was the best move i could have made because medicine just wasnt working anymore and i couldnt live the way i was.



    I have lost all gains that i worked my ass off for for the past 4 years and probably weigh around 150lbs now with no chance of hitting the gym for a couple months.

    With such supportive friends and family, especially my loving girlfriend, i am hoping that i wont slip into any kind of depression.

    I will still be on here as much as possible, not like i can DO anything else really lol, and still want to share the knowledge i have and learn everything i possibly can from everyone on here.


    Sorry for the long read and the post in the wrong section guys!!....painkillers have me a little loopy ......
    Hey Nos keep your head up it's for the best. I got really sick about 9 years ago and ended up in the hospital. After many tests and days of hell I was diagnosed with Crohns too. I changed my diet & took the recommended meds and I haven't had one flare up since. The last time I was tested the doc said there were no signs that it still even existed - even though they typically say it doesn't go away itself. It sounds to me like you had the best possible thing happen with the surgery. Hang in there bro & be patient because from here on out everything in life will only get better.

  8. Well, its probly better you got it taken care of now, rather than farther down the line were the recovery would have been longer/more intense.

    Be strong.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by nosnmiveins View Post
    I know this doesnt belong here, but this is where i spend most of my time on here and feel as though my friends would more likely read it here than anywhere else.

    Well as some of u know (and of course some of u dont), i have Crohn's disease which ive had since i was 13. Just this past year i have fell into a huge hole and have had the worst "flares" of my life.

    Just this past Wedensday, my parents and i decided to go through with surgery and have a small bowel resection. The surgeons cut out the bad/dead/diseased part of the intestine and connect healthy ends.

    The surgery was a succes and i am now recovering. I feel as though this was the best move i could have made because medicine just wasnt working anymore and i couldnt live the way i was.



    I have lost all gains that i worked my ass off for for the past 4 years and probably weigh around 150lbs now with no chance of hitting the gym for a couple months.

    With such supportive friends and family, especially my loving girlfriend, i am hoping that i wont slip into any kind of depression.

    I will still be on here as much as possible, not like i can DO anything else really lol, and still want to share the knowledge i have and learn everything i possibly can from everyone on here.


    Sorry for the long read and the post in the wrong section guys!!....painkillers have me a little loopy ......

    Hey good luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.Keep you head up an stay strong.
    -Joe:good:
    CEL Rep
    [email protected] m

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    How do you know if you have crohn's disease ? I have a very sensative GI tract it seems.
    Most symptoms are gastrointestinal; constipation, redness of the anus (inflammation or infection), diarrhea, bloody stool. All of these must be chronic before a Chron's diagnosis will be put forward.

    There are other symptoms, but if you were unfortunate enough to have it, you'd most likely be noticing these thus far. '

  11. I have an idea how you feel. I lost 35 lbs of lbm after a severe injury at 47. I made it back, I think you will, too. I don't know about muscle memory, but the second time around you'll know a lot more about how to train and it shouldn't take as long.

    Good luck.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Most symptoms are gastrointestinal; constipation, redness of the anus (inflammation or infection), diarrhea, bloody stool. All of these must be chronic before a Chron's diagnosis will be put forward.

    There are other symptoms, but if you were unfortunate enough to have it, you'd most likely be noticing these thus far. '
    Yeppers. I noticed mine because I was having excruciating pain in my lower right side - right above the right hip sorta in the right oblique only slightly towards to back too.

  13. this is the 3rd time in the hospital since september.

    Long story short, my dad was adopted so we dont know about his genes, but my mom has a distant cousin with crohns and he had surgery and hasnt had a sign of anything in 30 years....also without any medication.

    so im hoping for the best. i know recovery will be slow, but i have diet and training nailed down so im hoping for some "better quality" gains then when i initially began 4 years ago. only thing that sucks is that i havent had solid food in over 2 weeks...

    thanks for all the kind words and support guys, i really appreciate it and need it right now

  14. I'm glad your surgery was a success.

    I wish you a speedy recovery.

  15. thanks silver

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Muscle memory bro, you'll be back. Just go to a new gym when you do get back and people will be amazed by your rapid progress.

    Take care.
    bump to this, ive seen people stop working out for VERY long periods and just pack muscle back on crazy fast. Dont stress it...you have your whole life for it anyway!

  17. hey bro, hope you recover fast and stay positive. seems the worst is behind you now so once you make a full recovery you should be happy as ever not having to deal with those flares. AM should help keep you motivated as well.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead

  18. wise move on having the op

    all the best with recovery

    cheers

  19. thanks guys
  20. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    I have an idea how you feel. I lost 35 lbs of lbm after a severe injury at 47. I made it back, I think you will, too. I don't know about muscle memory, but the second time around you'll know a lot more about how to train and it shouldn't take as long.

    Good luck.
    Ditto on what he said. Been there, coming back and making it happen.

    Bodybuilding can be 'productive' but I would quit it in a second for 'purpose'. Give this thing a purpose and it can change your life and someone else's greater than you can imagine.

    Consider for a second that you may be very helpful to someone who is suffering and struggling with this same issue.

    Good luck and be well.

  21. wishing you a speedy recovery bro and don't worry so much about the gains you've lost I'm sure you'll get it all back and some.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Ditto on what he said. Been there, coming back and making it happen.

    Bodybuilding can be 'productive' but I would quit it in a second for 'purpose'. Give this thing a purpose and it can change your life and someone else's greater than you can imagine.

    Consider for a second that you may be very helpful to someone who is suffering and struggling with this same issue.

    Good luck and be well.

    damn my crazy meds!!...i read that 10 times and still dont understand it 100%
  23. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    If you look at life and the things that happens not as accidents or as being a victim but rather that they happen for a purpose you may find empowerment from them.

    Suppose for a minute that there is a greater purpose for what is going on in your life. Suppose someone who is just experiencing this for the first time or is recently diagnose or for that matter is very ill from it. You have a powerful and potent testimony of hope and recovery that you may be able to share with someone who is less hopeful and more fearful and or frustrated, in pain and still suffering.

    You are "the other side" of this thing that they may have yet to find for themselves or believe that there is a chance or hope of finding.

    Simply put; you know personally what they are going through. You are evidence that things can be OK and you may be able to support and encourage them through it just as you were here and at home.

    You are disappointed that you cannot bodybuild like you used to. It is a very productive activity that you may have to live without for some time.

    If you see your illness and now recovery as something that has a purpose for your life it changes the perspective.

    Sometimes we suffer and recover from things (and lose things that bring us pleasure) in our lives for the very specific purpose of helping, encouraging and being evidence to others that they do not suffer alone and that they too can recover.

  24. Well before i was hospitalized this time, i planned on being a counselor for a camp for kids with Cron's and Colitis. a few years ago i was a camper and ever since ive wanted to become a counselor

    i get what ur saying now B5150

  25. good luck man, keep your head up
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mind & Muscle is back with some logging opps.
    By Marms in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 03:56 PM
  2. Saw the doctor....got some bad news from Urology......
    By TryHard23 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
  3. Wife with a BAD back - advice...?
    By EMARTIN in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 02:06 PM
  5. Just got some bad news.
    By db682 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Log in
Log in