What is the youngest age to even consider steroid use

Dru

Dru

Awards
I am a young adult and ive been working out for about 2 years. I made great gains at the beginning, gained size and strength quickly but i feel like the past year has done nothing. I am 5'9, 170 pounds and i started at 158 about two years about but i got to 189 until i recently started doing cardio regularly since im training in college to pursue a career in policing. Its hard with work and school but i do get to the gym atleast 3 times a week. Its just depressing because i feel like ive been stuck at the same weights for the most muscle groups for about a year even though i go to failure and eat healthy with lots of protein daily. Anyways, at what age could steroids even be considered? I know steroids are a serious subject but i dont know any other way i would reach my goal of gaining strength and lean muslce mass. Any advice/ suggestions? Would be appreciated.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, consider some non-steroidal techniques like changing your workout, eating more, free test boosters, etc. Especially if you can't plan to hit the gym like it is religion.

Steroids require Dedication, Diet, and Determination. You have to be able to base your life around lifting and not the other way around IMHO.

And to answer your question, only some bloodwork can *really* tell, but the general consensus is 21.

MB

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
...I'm assuming you didn't post your age for a reason...maybe you know what the answer will be?

Dru

Dru

Awards
I am almost 20 to be honest, and i know i shouldnt be asking questions but i really dont know how else id be able to ask questions? Most websites ive researched all seem relatively different so i thought it would be better to ask other people into bodybuilding and gain some knowledge.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
thanks for asking, but honestly, stay away from the compounds... You can do so much without them, honestly, and if you can't dedicate your life to your lifting, they are a waste of money and more of a risk than you need.

MB

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
ManBeast has given you your answer and it is the same answer you will get from any respected member of this board, however some may phrase it less politely. Properly eating, training, and sleeping is what you need. And from looking at your career goal I see you have reasons other than your age to stay away from this grey market/illegal stuff!

Dru

Dru

Awards
I do workout atleast 3 times a week, usually 4 or 5. It just sucks working out wit a buddy of mine whos alot older but is thick like almost went pro but got injured. Anyways it sucks because i really want to pull that kind of weight, like 200 on the lat pulldown, i just feel stuck and like i wont grow, ive been eating lots of tuna, steak, potatoes, smoothie every morning with lots of egg whites in it. If im to young to consider anything in the "grey area" could you please suggest rep range/ # reps, sets, exersies per muscle group? Please it would be a great help.

Dru

Dru

Awards
For example, I cant get past 4 reps with 65 a hand DB Chest Press and i just seem to be unable to add weight to most exercises. When i first started my body grew so quick like stretch marks and all, i went from 158-189 and it wasnt all muscle but my strength increased greatly but now its like im stuck, and its been like this for awhile.

305Rob

Awards
Simple answer is when you are finished growing,usually by 21.But, if you are gonna cycle steroids then you should have trained seriously for a few years and put on at LEAST 30 lbs with creatine,no2,ect and a solid diet.

Bottom line:If you dont learn how to grow naturally,you won't use steroids to their full potential.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Try something way different than a standard pyramid. Search for a 5x5 type workout regimen.

MB

rcaz01

Awards
Try something way different than a standard pyramid. Search for a 5x5 type workout regimen.

MB

I agree the 5x5 almost always works. If you want to focus on just one or two lifts and stregth do some searching on this site and the web for a strength routine. Many of these have you hitting the same major lifts 3-4 times a week such as squats, deadlift, or bench press. You will do less reps and sets but train more frequency in order to improve strength and technique. There are a bunch of differnt schemes so choose one you like and stick with it for 4-6 weeks. you shoud get stronger and then can focus on another area or part of your workout.

For pure strength training you can try looking at or ordering a program from westside barbell or similar.

Dedication to something like this with a good diet and maybe adding creatine should help you gain strength.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I say 25 and always will. Your epiphyseal plates (growth plates) continue to grow and fuse until you're 25. Steroids stop this process dead in its tracks permanently. This process is complete typically in males at 25.

305Rob

Awards
I say 25 and always will. Your epiphyseal plates (growth plates) continue to grow and fuse until you're 25. Steroids stop this process dead in its tracks permanently. This process is complete typically in males at 25.
I wasnt sure the growth plates would remain unfused until that late of an age.I personally stopped growing by 21 or so.But everyone is different so yea im with Ziquor,by 25 you can safely assume you are done with the grow process.

The later you can wait the better off really,dedicate some years of solid training and proper diet,then if its still worth it to you turn to the juice.

Hatebreed930

Awards
look messing with roids uder 21 causes increased risk of ****ing up ur endocrine system , shutting your nutts down permanently, and being infertile. Granted the odds of all this happing are unlikely but using juice before ur 21 the risk is alot higher than an older male user. More importantly roids arent magic , one has to learn how to diet , and train, and quite frankly live a boring lifestyle like a monk. If you are 21+ and are a master DIET and training and and have hit a platue where any supps cant take u higher then yeah do some sauce.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Q: What is the earliest age to even consider steroid use?
A: 30, and I recommend thinking it through many times on your way to 35...which is the youngest age IMO at which you should decide.

At almost 20, you have no idea how little use exogenous hormones would be to you now: your test level should have you feeling like you're strapped to the front of a high-speed train, face into the wind. I understand the frustration of being stuck. If you're not growing and your strength isn't increasing, something's not dialed in right.

At your age, with good sleep, reasonable food and a regular workout, you *ought* to be coming right along, so maybe your diet could be better, you may be shorting yourself on sleep. Perhaps your training needs an overhaul.

What does your workout (& poundage) look like, this last year?
How much sleep do you get a night - and how many nights a week? Would you describe your diet in more detail?

There's a lot of real smart folks here who can offer great practical suggestions, with some more info on your situation.
:wave::wave:

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You are already on the best juice there is...the natural kind. If you rob Peter to pay Paul now you will get seriously screwed by the compound interest.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's guys at the gym I work at who are 19 and on their 5th cycle already. They've still got no size either :)

Hatebreed930

Awards
There's guys at the gym I work at who are 19 and on their 5th cycle already. They've still got no size either :)
This is sad but true. Do you know why? These dumbass's know nothing about diet. Ask any pro bodybuilder and they will tell you GROWTH IS 90% DIET learn it, live it, love it.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i would say the proper age is about 23. although a teenage body will recover quicker than an adult body and can handle much more abuse. and if i hear one more person say that using juice will shut your nuts down forever JUST because your under 21 i will punch my computer screen so hard it will hit them.