Alternative to SERMs. Are there any?

n87

Awards
  • Established
All of the SERMS come with crapload of bad sides (decreasing of good cholesterol, possibly developing tumors in the future, etc) plus when you buying it online you don't know if you're getting real stuff or fake. I know one can use 6-bromo or 6-oxo AI 's. But is there anything out there that would work just as good as SERMS when it comes to Estrogen control as part of PCT. I am planning to run Epistane cycle 10/20/30/40. Thanks in advance for your input.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
All of the SERMS come with crapload of bad sides (decreasing of good cholesterol, possibly developing tumors in the future, etc) plus when you buying it online you don't know if you're getting real stuff or fake. I know one can use 6-bromo or 6-oxo AI 's. But is there anything out there that would work just as good as SERMS when it comes to Estrogen control as part of PCT. I am planning to run Epistane cycle 10/20/30/40. Thanks in advance for your input.
What??? Nolvadex & Torem both decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol actually improving your cholesterol. As far as the tumor statement goes where did that come from? These meds were made to get rid of tumors! They're cancer drugs. The only other option is to go with an AI but many (including me) think that's a really bad idea and INCREASES your chance of getting future gyno. So the answer is no, nothing can do what a serm can. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to profit in some way.But if your using Epi, if you consider pulsing you probably won't need a serm anyhow.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Also - actually many AI's can be suppressive to natural test just like steroids and also most AI's can have an awful impact on cholesterol. You may have got these backwards.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex is an AI. Tamox and clomid can cause cataracts possibly if you take high doses every day for years at a time. The chances of this are slim to none. Women who take them daily for cancer even have a very low risk of this. Also the info in that link I've never seen before. They may have it mixed up - in that Tamox can increase good cholesterol, which's good. There are hundreds of links to government studies that prove it lowers cholesterol.

Tamoxifen for Prevention of Breast Cancer

SpringerLink - Journal Article

Is cholesterol a risk for you? If so I'd stay away from Epi or any steroid as they raise cholesterol more than anything.

n87

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Ziquor! That makes me feel better.
I might try pulsing Epi.
Also I was wondering, if God forbid, I develop gyno after running Epi, how hard would it be to get a prescription from your doc for a SERM. I just don't trust those on-line stores and don't have any other source.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Well, it's pretty damn hard to get a doc to prescribe a serm to a male. However if you develop gyno then I'm not sure. I don't see why a doc wouldn't prescribe Nolva in a case like that though. But I've never been there.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
props to Ziquor - he is answering all this guy's questions spot-on.

n87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, thanks Ziquor! I would have rep'd you, just not sure how to.