Epistanes days are numbered

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
I found this blog today.

Pro Bodybuilder Quincy Taylor Endorses Epistane

Posted on 14:10 March 21st, 2008 by Millard Baker

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Quincy Taylor stepped into a public relations nightmare when he publicly announced on Bodybuilding.com that he was paid by IBE (Innovative Body Enhancement) to endorse Epistane. Epistane is a synthetic designer steroid that is prohibited by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and that is problematic since the IFBB is a signatory to the WADA Code. According to William Llewellyn of Body of Science, Epistane is an unapproved new drug that is illegal to sell under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).

The fact remains, however, that synthetic designer steroids are considered unapproved new drugs, and are NOT covered by DSHEA as legal dietary supplements…

Andro, norandro etc were covered by DSHEA because you could find them in most animals, and hence in the food supply. No animals, plants, etc naturally produce DMT, Epistane, methyl, 1-4ADD, etc etc.

It should be noted that Quincy’s new sponsor IBE disagrees since other supplement companies selling it (everyone else is doing it). Quincy Taylor also states that Epistane is legal and notes that steroids are not sold in supplement stores and supplements are not sold in pharmacies.

A legal supplement sold over the counter at many fine supplement stores. Funny my pharmacy never sold epistane, haladrol, phera or any of those. I’ve never seen any of those in any pharmacy. Hmmm I only seen to find them sold legally at supplement stores. So if I go out on the street with Haladrol and get pulled over will I be arrested? This is a foolish conversation and this is where it ends. That’s my answer.

Hat tip to Anthony Roberts for the story.

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
I don't think this will have any effect on the supplement market.

Is the FDA going to say.. "No one can sell anything that we haven't evaluated!" ?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I don't think this will have any effect on the supplement market.

Is the FDA going to say.. "No one can sell anything that we haven't evaluated!" ?
Well isn't there the ongoing thing where lawmakers and the like trying to put a stop to the selling of dietary supplements in general?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
"According to William Llewellyn of Body of Science, Epistane is an unapproved new drug that is illegal to sell under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)."

...must not be too illegal since feds haven't cracked down on designer steroid producers since 2005...and they just keep em coming...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"According to William Llewellyn of Body of Science, Epistane is an unapproved new drug that is illegal to sell under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)."

...must not be too illegal since feds haven't cracked down on designer steroid producers since 2005...and they just keep em coming...

...Wait till baseball season!!!!.

:woohoo::woohoo:

tradersam

Awards
How will they be able to ban this and not every other single drug similar to it in nature?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
How will they be able to ban this and not every other single drug similar to it in nature?
Maybe under a new classification system? not really sure...though DHEA is trying to be made to where can only get it by presciption I heard from somewhere...anybody heard of this before?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Great!....Just what the sellers of these products love to hear!!....I remember when Superdrol was "Banned" and the price shot up to $75 a bottle....Hahahahahaha!.
That's what I'd do with all my bottles I would buy :rofl:

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Boy that comes as no surprise.
Yeah, no kidding. Although QT did seem to step in a world of crap over at BB dot com by saying some things that didnt make much sense. Hopefully this will just blow over quickly.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Only thing that surprises me less is that it wasn't PA who wrote the story lol :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe under a new classification system? not really sure...though DHEA is trying to be made to where can only get it by presciption I heard from somewhere...anybody heard of this before?
Epistane in theory is already illegal, and has been. In 1994 the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) was passed. The part of it that applies to all of the current designers makes them illegal. Basically it requires that anything sold as a dietary supplement had to be something that you could extract from a food source - an animal or plant. So creatine monohydrate is ok, carnitine is ok, vitamin c, b6, b12 etc. None of the designer hormonal "supplements" like halo, epi, etc are found in nature (or at least have not been yet) so far as I know. they are all lab created. So they can't be labeled as dietary supplements and then (being lab created) they are classified as drugs.

DHEA they are trying to outlaw since in theory young bodybuilders are turning to high dosed DHEA

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heres the specific wording from the DSHEA

"(ff) The term "dietary supplement" -
"(1) means a product (other than tobacco) intended to supplement the diet that bears or contains one or more of the following dietary ingredients:
"(A) a vitamin;
"(B) a mineral;
"(C) an herb or other botanical;
"(D) an amino acid;
"(E) a dietary substance for use by man to supplement the diet by increasing the total dietary intake; or
"(F) a concentrate, metabolite, constituent, extract, or combination of any ingredient described in clause (A), (B), (C), (D), or (E);

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Epistane in theory is already illegal, and has been. In 1994 the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) was passed. The part of it that applies to all of the current designers makes them illegal. Basically it requires that anything sold as a dietary supplement had to be something that you could extract from a food source - an animal or plant. So creatine monohydrate is ok, carnitine is ok, vitamin c, b6, b12 etc. None of the designer hormonal "supplements" like halo, epi, etc are found in nature (or at least have not been yet) so far as I know. they are all lab created. So they can't be labeled as dietary supplements and then (being lab created) they are classified as drugs.

DHEA they are trying to outlaw since in theory young bodybuilders are turning to high dosed DHEA
...does make sense I must say...just surprised gov't hasn't been cracking down if that is the case then...and I'm not talking baseball haha

tradersam

Awards
I know a lot of you had the same argument when your favorite PH's were banned but, as long as you can prove your over 21 somehow you should be able to decide what to put into your body. Hopefully at that age you've done research, and have made a wise decision based on what you have found out about particular drugs. Soon omega-3 and calcium will be the only things we will be able to take once the government has gotten their grimey hands on all of our supps. Those scrawny bastards....

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
None of the designer hormonal "supplements" like halo, epi, etc are found in nature (or at least have not been yet) so far as I know. they are all lab created. So they can't be labeled as dietary supplements and then (being lab created) they are classified as drugs.
I know pp/dmt is found in nature as is m14add. The rest, I don't know and highly doubt.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
DHEA is trying to be made to where can only get it by presciption
March 5th, 2007

GRASSLEY CONTINUES EFFORTS TO CRACK DOWN ON STEROID ABUSE

Bill Adds a Common Steroid to List of Banned Substances

WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today introduced legislation that would add dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA, to the list of anabolic steroids that are classified as controlled substances under the Anabolic Steroid Control Act. The legislation was introduced with Senators John McCain of Ariz. and **** Durbin of Ill.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Its a gray area that has allowed production in this industry to flourish and keep the door open for new products but its eventually gonna get slammed shut one way or the other, but its not gonna happen anytime soon................. but notice how its always some big mouth who isnt getting a piece of the action thats making all the rustling noises. Some holier than thou scientist, some disgruntled former employee or trainer, some rival company, someone whos jealous, someone who aint gettin paid or some jerkoff who just cant get people to pay attention to him unless hes got something controversial to say.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
March 5th, 2007

GRASSLEY CONTINUES EFFORTS TO CRACK DOWN ON STEROID ABUSE

Bill Adds a Common Steroid to List of Banned Substances

WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley today introduced legislation that would add dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA, to the list of anabolic steroids that are classified as controlled substances under the Anabolic Steroid Control Act. The legislation was introduced with Senators John McCain of Ariz. and **** Durbin of Ill.
Very good follow up to my question...I knew there was something out there that was along those lines...

I also think it's funny when I was wondering why the Ill. senator's first name was starred out!! Must be a dikk :rofl:

Thing is I love DHEA for kickstarting my natural test production after cycle...or off days of my pulses...it's cheap enough to stock up LOTS if it ever came down to DHEA becoming controlled substance...

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Its a gray area that has allowed production in this industry to flourish and keep the door open for new products but its eventually gonna get slammed shut one way or the other, but its not gonna happen anytime soon................. but notice how its always some big mouth who isnt getting a piece of the action thats making all the rustling noises. Some holier than thou scientist, some disgruntled former employee or trainer, some rival company, someone whos jealous, someone who aint gettin paid or some jerkoff who just cant get people to pay attention to him unless hes got something controversial to say.
:goodpost::goodpost:

Isn't that the damn truth!!! Rep'n you for that...