What's your reason for taking prohormones instead of steroids ?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
If AAS produces better gains and less sides than PH, what's your reason for using PH instead of AAS ?

edit: When I say less sides I'm talking about the more powerful PH

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i use PH to jumpstart A.A.S because a bottle of phera plex is a hell of a lot cheaper then 400 Dbols

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Phera Plex is a steroid, not a PH. I don't think there are any PH's out anymore, or very few anyway.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
Because PHs are legal and easy to buy, and you know what you buy.

Roids are illegal and in "black market" you can't know if they really sell you what they say.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established

Roids are illegal and in "black market" you can't know if they really sell you what they say.

^^x2

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
Phera Plex is a steroid, not a PH. I don't think there are any PH's out anymore, or very few anyway.

Okay instead of "PH" let's just say legal supplements, like Superdrol, Pheraplex, etc instead

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i use PH to jumpstart A.A.S because a bottle of phera plex is a hell of a lot cheaper then 400 Dbols
yes. some of these products, although they have their share of sides, definitely have merit, can be had for $25 or less, and are from sources that are pretty reliable. i've seen superdrol for sale on black market lists before

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards

Those are both terrible reasons actually, lmfao.

1. Have a chemist test your PH....see if it matches label claims. There is no quality assurance measures in the designer steroid industry. I've seen numerous batches not match label claims...even PA has shown this industry to be shady.

2. "Roids are illegal" - the only good point you made

3. You can purchase things on the black market, use them and get results and know they are legit (if you have experience). Also with powders you can test melting points. AND at one point there was even a lab you could have test your gear (closed but I believe there are still options)...

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
PS/Ph are classified as supplements when it comes to military..

AAS is a no no giving you a boot in the ass.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Instead???

NO

together:D

But seriously, the only reason I could try to offer you was perceived legality relating to getting popped.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
I know prices aren't supposed to be discussed but AAS is way more expensive than legal supps right ?

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
I know prices aren't supposed to be discussed but AAS is way more expensive than legal supps right ?
Depends but not really...i'd say they are comparable. You dont run 15 week PP cycles....so its cheaper only b/c of the time.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If AAS produces better gains and less sides than PH, what's your reason for using PH instead of AAS ?

edit: When I say less sides I'm talking about the more powerful PH

Who says you have to use either?. You make it sound like everyone here using anabolics all the time!.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
Who says you have to use either?. You make it sound like everyone here using anabolics all the time!.

Well this thread is in the steroids section. I guess I assumed most people who post in this sub forum are either using, have used, or about to use steroids or PH

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
AAS have been known to produce the following side effects:

- a felony conviction
- loss of job/career/income
- loss of family, spouse, girlfriend, friends
- loss of freedom
- societal stigma
- fear of the unknown in ways unrelated to the use of the steroid...especially pertaining to "Oh my gawd the place I bought from was busted what does that mean for my exposed butt?"..."is this international order going to be a controlled delivery?"..."what's a custom's seizure letter?"

Test may be best but Superdrol will save your @sshole.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established

- a felony conviction
- loss of freedom
- societal stigma
- fear of the unknown in ways unrelated to the use of the steroid...especially pertaining to "Oh my gawd the place I bought from was busted what does that mean for my exposed butt?"..."is this international order going to be a controlled delivery?"..."what's a custom's seizure letter?"

Very true.

RoidGracie

The legality issue only. If d-bol or anavar were legal, my cabinet would be stocked. Actually, I wouldn't even need to stock up cause it would always be available. Governors bangin skanky hookers and we can't take supps to make us strong, bastards.

fcpcjc

fcpcjc

Awards
Superdrol is illegal too bro. you get caught with it you might as well get caught with dianabol.

but i think you are referring to superdrol clones.

RoidGracie

Maybe he meant Superdrol NG.
I want what Georges St Pierre is taking, but that's probably on the illegal list too.

fcpcjc

fcpcjc

Awards
Maybe he meant Superdrol NG.
I want what Georges St Pierre is taking, but that's probably on the illegal list too.
yep.. im sure it is. probably tren.
And I really hope he's not talking about the new Superdrol. It's awful.

FLfinest81

Awards
Are you guys kidding me? Steroids aren't illegal. I just bought some off the internet.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys kidding me? Steroids aren't illegal. I just bought some off the internet.
haha nice.
when it boils down to it people use PH/PS instead of real gear either because they are pu$$ys or because they cant get real gear.
iv used PH/PS when i cant get real gear, but id take AAS over PH/PS B.S. an day

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I think what it really comes down to is what the user is able to justify to himself. They are all steroids. Some just happen to be legal.... in a very grey sort of way. So the "stigma" is still there. You all gonna go tell your family your taking Phera Plex and its a steroid?? I don't think so. Gonna tell your boss?? Probably not. Its all a matter of what you can justify in your head as being "Ok to do"

ALJD0812

ALJD0812

Awards
I got both stocked. I got 8 bottles of Havoc/Epistane and over 30 amps over Test at home. Comparing the 2 is like picking a 20 year old hot chick or a 40 year old cougar. I will gladly take both but prefer the 20 year old. But sometimes the 20 year old comes with to much baggage and the issues /side effects are sometimes to much to combat. Plus the 20 year old costs an arm and a leg to upkeep. The cougar is in and out. Ok enough with the analagy as I am annoying myself writing this.

I will run one "real" cycle in the summer and follow that with 2 cycles of Epistand/Havoc for the rest of the year. I must say I like Epi and havoc for the dry gains and the bloating is not an issue. The gains are noticeable and everyone will ask what are you on. When you do the real stuff you have so much more to worry about, the test is expensive enough, but then you get Armidex (SIC) and that's expensive. I hate having the moon face on TEST and the oily skin. Don't get me wrong you deal with this as needed. That being said I love them both and I am curious to see what gains I am going to make on my real cycle this summer, my gains from Epi were amazing so I know this is going to be nuts, but that's more ego talking.

If I were only allowed to do one or the other for the rest of my life, I would pick PH's. Less time and easier PCT. There's my 2 cents.

RoidGracie

Someone could say, do you take steroids...I would say, no, steroids are illegal, everything I take or have taken was legal at the time....that's one way to justify it. Can they say steroids aren't illegal if they are not prescribed (NO), can they say what I take is illegal (NO)...works for me. I don't do roids, now give me my damn H-Drol and Furazadrol please!! I needs my vitamins.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol is illegal too bro. you get caught with it you might as well get caught with dianabol.

but i think you are referring to superdrol clones.
Superdrol is not illegal. It was voluntarily discontinued by AX. If you were to get caught with a bottle of Superdrol, then it's likely that a police officer would only tell you that it's about to expire.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established

- a felony conviction
- loss of freedom
- societal stigma

Reps to you. It basically boils down to what type of position you are in or what you're willing to risk. Anyone who claims that people only use PH/PS's because they are pussies or because they don't have a source is probably free from any real sense of responsibility to themselves or anyone else.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Someone could say, do you take steroids...I would say, no, steroids are illegal, everything I take or have taken was legal at the time....that's one way to justify it. Can they say steroids aren't illegal if they are not prescribed (NO), can they say what I take is illegal (NO)...works for me. I don't do roids, now give me my damn H-Drol and Furazadrol please!! I needs my vitamins.
Next time someone seriously ask me if i take steroids,I will say no,i have never taken anything that you can't legally buy.I will be telling the truth,well the last part anyway.I sometimes refer to these sups as test boosting sups.Like telling about cycling them,or taking stuff for elavated blood pressure because of test boosting supplements.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established

If you take H-Drol and Furaz, etc, and someone asked if you took steroids, and you answered No, you would be LYING. Not all steroids are illegal. Again, its just how you justify it to yourself. But I'm probably just wasting bandwidth typing this. Sure is a lot of bad info in this thread.

RoidGracie

Redwolf, I'm a little amazed you could not see the sarcasm/hypocrisy of my post. That was my point, yes, H-Drol and Furaz are roids...I was saying, hey, they are legal, ergo, they can't be roids....so since they are legal, they must be vitamins, so give me my super vitamins. There are people that don't think they are roids just because they are legal. I sir, am not one of those people.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The other issue I have is with the people who buy steroids overseas.

Even if it gets through customs and into your hand, you gotta be nuts to take it. How do you know it's not poison? I've heard of people ordering injectibles from overseas, and having it be anywhere from flaxseed oil to MOTOR OIL.

These people could literally be putting drywall into pill form and selling it to us stupid americans. What are we going to do, fly over there and sue them? You gotta be kidding me.

You would think some bodybuilders would be a little cautious about what they put into their 'temples'.

Which brings me to my next point. Alot of the PH's we have are made in dirty Chinese labs and impurities are very common. But I'd have to say I trust a supplement company better than Jose D. Anabolic from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

This post doesn't include people who have legit, real life sources of anabolics. I'm talking about ordering from steroids.mexico and thinking your getting legit product. It's not worth your life! That goes with any kind of medicine or pill from overseas.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Redwolf, I'm a little amazed you could not see the sarcasm/hypocrisy of my post. That was my point, yes, H-Drol and Furaz are roids...I was saying, hey, they are legal, ergo, they can't be roids....so since they are legal, they must be vitamins, so give me my super vitamins. There are people that don't think they are roids just because they are legal. I sir, am not one of those people.

Sorry, didn't see that. Sometimes its hard to see those things in writing. Cant "hear" the sarcasm :)

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
The other issue I have is with the people who buy steroids overseas.

Even if it gets through customs and into your hand, you gotta be nuts to take it. How do you know it's not poison? I've heard of people ordering injectibles from overseas, and having it be anywhere from flaxseed oil to MOTOR OIL.

These people could literally be putting drywall into pill form and selling it to us stupid americans. What are we going to do, fly over there and sue them? You gotta be kidding me.

You would think some bodybuilders would be a little cautious about what they put into their 'temples'.

Which brings me to my next point. Alot of the PH's we have are made in dirty Chinese labs and impurities are very common. But I'd have to say I trust a supplement company better than Jose D. Anabolic from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

This post doesn't include people who have legit, real life sources of anabolics. I'm talking about ordering from steroids.mexico and thinking your getting legit product. It's not worth your life! That goes with any kind of medicine or pill from overseas.
No more dirtier, unsafe, risky, unauthentic...than ordering from domestic UGLs. In fact the only crazy UGL owner/scammer that I've ever seen threaten to poison his product the next time he pops back on the scene is an American...it wasn't as you put it an overseas dirty Mexican or a dirty Chinese...no bro it was an evil American.

belmont316

Awards
Yea id say there too much stigma regarding the illegal steroids and especially the injectables. The general population thinks if somethings legal and anyone can buy it from a reputable site then gee willy of course it must be ok and not a steroid cuz as some random gym idiot might say "steroidz r illegalz dude, u cant juz buy it off da net LOL@u!". I could leave a bottle of epistane laying out and nobody would think twice about it, if i leave a blister pack of naps out or a sust amp and a pin in plain veiw, all of a sudden im a roider who is now instantly deemed as a danger to society and everything i do will be attributed to 'roids' lol and everyone would probably start to ask me how my balls are doing. That and the popular ones that are illegal are illegal! of course you could put the orals in a different container but if you get caught with an amp youre pretty much royally screwed.

So i'd say people use the legal steroids and the prohormones left that are legal (4-Androstendiol 19-Nor-4-Androstenediol 1, 4-Androstendiene-3, 17-Diol 5-Andro-Stendiol 5-alpha-Androst-1-en-3, 17-Diol 5-alpha-Andro-Stanediol )

because they are easier to get, theres less stigma, and theres less of a chance of getting screwed by a source or caught up in some big federal bust (y'all remember SSB? JTP185 <-- doh). And people just feel like its 'okay' to take something thats legal compared to illegal even though they may be just as dangerous and less effective. my .02

utvol

Awards

- a felony conviction
- loss of freedom
- societal stigma

So has a ton of other things. I don't know of anybody that uses steroids that have had any of the above happen to them. I'm not saying it can't happen but there are more things other than steroids that cause the same problems or worse. As far as legality goes, steroids are prescription meds and taking them without a script is against the law but how many of you have taken a pain pill, muscle relaxer, cough syrup, etc and not have a scrip for it. You just broke the law.

belmont316

Awards
So has a ton of other things. I don't know of anybody that uses steroids that have had any of the above happen to them. I'm not saying it can't happen but there are more things other than steroids that cause the same problems or worse. As far as legality goes, steroids are prescription meds and taking them without a script is against the law but how many of you have taken a pain pill, muscle relaxer, cough syrup, etc and not have a scrip for it. You just broke the law.

It all goes to the stigma of being an illegal steroid user. Everyone takes a vicodin, but not everyone pumps 500mg of test into their leg :). although youre right, both are illegal. With that argument of a 'black and white' kinda thing, everyone is criminal because hey, no one stops completely at a stop sign and we all speed from time to time, thats against the law, but so is murder and not all crimes are the same, especially in the eyes of the law. with that mentality would you be willing to tell someone you didnt know you ate a vicodin or would you rather tell them you just ate some steroids? even the media calls steroid use 'blood doping' id assume cuz of the stigma, we cant have our beloved olympians being known steroid abusers in the olympics, wtf is that all about, they ought to call em out for what they are, STEROID USERS, just like they treat the MLB guys. again its all about the stigma mostly id say.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
The legality issue only. If d-bol or anavar were legal, my cabinet would be stocked. Actually, I wouldn't even need to stock up cause it would always be available. Governors bangin skanky hookers and we can't take supps to make us strong, bastards.
HAHAHA:toofunny:

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Next time someone seriously ask me if i take steroids,I will say no,i have never taken anything that you can't legally buy.I will be telling the truth,well the last part anyway.I sometimes refer to these sups as test boosting sups.Like telling about cycling them,or taking stuff for elavated blood pressure because of test boosting supplements.
Funny as I also refer to it as this...it's technically true and I don't care to tell people by personal business...

Cerberus777

Cerberus777

Awards
I now only do what is legal. If test was legal today I'd have a neddle in a$$ my tonight!

utvol

Awards
It all goes to the stigma of being an illegal steroid user. Everyone takes a vicodin, but not everyone pumps 500mg of test into their leg :). although youre right, both are illegal. With that argument of a 'black and white' kinda thing, everyone is criminal because hey, no one stops completely at a stop sign and we all speed from time to time, thats against the law, but so is murder and not all crimes are the same, especially in the eyes of the law. with that mentality would you be willing to tell someone you didnt know you ate a vicodin or would you rather tell them you just ate some steroids? even the media calls steroid use 'blood doping' id assume cuz of the stigma, we cant have our beloved olympians being known steroid abusers in the olympics, wtf is that all about, they ought to call em out for what they are, STEROID USERS, just like they treat the MLB guys. again its all about the stigma mostly id say.

You got a lil too deep. I wasn't trying to break down every law just the fact steroids can be obtained with a prescription just like many other drugs but a lot of folks don't go that route. Your right though there is a stigma associated with using steroids but its usually created by ignorant, uneducated people. Also "blood doping" has nothing to do with steroids.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's the same with people drinking poison(alcohol)and talking $h!t about people who smoke pot.Some drugs are accepted more than others.

Crotalus

Awards

Lost my source for the real thing .... that's the ONLY reason. After this summer I'll have to start doing my research on some of these PH. I'm not looking forward to leaving the dark side , that's for sure.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
WOW i cant believe what you guys are saying. You are realy all worried about getting caught by the cops? Just be honest. I will tell you why myself and im guessing a lot of other guys on this site use ph's over injectables. BECAUSE WE WANT THE EASY WAY OUT! its a hell of a lot easier to do 3 weeks of superdrol followed by 3 weeks of PCT. the whole cycle only took 6 weeks compared to what 12 weeks plus 4 week PCT or thereabouts. I can make up a few excuses to tell my friends about why im not going out drinking and partying with them. One week its "im gunna have a week or two off the booze", then it might be "im just gunna save some cash for the next week or two" or "im not feelnig to well, think ill stay off the booze this wkend". Then the cycle is over and you can get back into the swing of things socially. Diet wise again, i only have to be really strict with my diet for 5 or 6 weeks let alone 15-16. If your on an injectable cycle then it makes it much harder to keep skipping things and making excuses. Of course some of you guys probably don't drink at any time but im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks like this.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think you forgot somewhere in there that a lot of guys are scared of needles.

utvol

Awards
WOW i cant believe what you guys are saying. You are realy all worried about getting caught by the cops? Just be honest. I will tell you why myself and im guessing a lot of other guys on this site use ph's over injectables. BECAUSE WE WANT THE EASY WAY OUT! its a hell of a lot easier to do 3 weeks of superdrol followed by 3 weeks of PCT. the whole cycle only took 6 weeks compared to what 12 weeks plus 4 week PCT or thereabouts. I can make up a few excuses to tell my friends about why im not going out drinking and partying with them. One week its "im gunna have a week or two off the booze", then it might be "im just gunna save some cash for the next week or two" or "im not feelnig to well, think ill stay off the booze this wkend". Then the cycle is over and you can get back into the swing of things socially. Diet wise again, i only have to be really strict with my diet for 5 or 6 weeks let alone 15-16. If your on an injectable cycle then it makes it much harder to keep skipping things and making excuses. Of course some of you guys probably don't drink at any time but im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks like this.
Who said you can't drink or party during a cycle of ph's or AAS? Healthwise AAS or at least injectable steroids are better for you and you don't have as many sides and I'm not talking gyno. I'm talking like back pain and lethargy. Also the gains and results of AAS versus ph's speak for themselves. If the easy way out is taking 12 pills 4 times a day versue 3 or 4 injections per week then I'm missing something. Also if it had been up to the DEA, AMA, and Dept of Health and Human Services then getting caught by the cops wouldn't be an issue but I guess making possession of AAS illegal was the "politically correct" thing to do.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying PH's give you more mass, and faster at that, than AAS? PH's are weaker, water-down versions of AAS.