Steroids and police!

J

Johnboy1981

Awards
Well im soon to be taking steroids, im 27 and hopefully in around 7-8 months be applying to join the police as a career change for the better i hope.

Anyway as i know there is a 4-ish month training, would the likes of Epistane be detected if a medical was done. Im unaware of whether this would be a big factor in joining the police as it would probably give me an immediate no!

Maybe some know of a specific time period in which it would be "disolved" out of the body, so as not to detect it!

Id like to furthermore my training but also pursue a good career choice! Thanks for any information!

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
Well im soon to be taking steroids, im 27 and hopefully in around 7-8 months be applying to join the police as a career change for the better i hope.

Anyway as i know there is a 4-ish month training, would the likes of Epistane be detected if a medical was done. Im unaware of whether this would be a big factor in joining the police as it would probably give me an immediate no!

Maybe some know of a specific time period in which it would be "disolved" out of the body, so as not to detect it!

Id like to furthermore my training but also pursue a good career choice! Thanks for any information!

To my knowledge.. "Epistane" isn't illegal nor banned.. So why would it conflict with your career?

Also, standard drug tests don't test for steroids. Steroid tests are expensive and only given when they have probable cause to do so.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One bit of advice...tell yourself that you are taking a legal supplement.

Part of the process of joining the police department is a lie detector test, and one of the questions is about steroid use.

Unless you want to chance them understanding, then your belief that you took a "supplement" will determine whether or not you pass.

No way to make this information innocuous...but it is my belief that "well-rounded and experienced" people make for better law enforcement personnel, rather than automatons ready to bust some ass.

T

tsplittorff

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to chime in since im a criminal justice major. dasade is right you must go through an extensive background check as well as lie detection on apparently some crazy personal questions from what ive heard. You will most likely be taking piss and blood tests and it wouldnt surprise me if they test for "performance enhancers" (yea its expensive but its the government, fvck my high school tested for phs). They try there best to have minimal corruption in law enforcement and with all the bad hype pro hormones are getting I WOULDNT RISK IT.

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
I wanted to chime in since im a criminal justice major. dasade is right you must go through an extensive background check as well as lie detection on apparently some crazy personal questions from what ive heard. You will most likely be taking piss and blood tests and it wouldnt surprise me if they test for "performance enhancers" (yea its expensive but its the government, fvck my high school tested for phs). They try there best to have minimal corruption in law enforcement and with all the bad hype pro hormones are getting I WOULDNT RISK IT.

Bad hype does not make something against the law.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would not chance it either until you are in. Then the chances of being tested are minimal. Also the polygraph is a big concern.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't chance it. Realize with these 'tests' being months away - A LOT can change in a few months. If by chance the force decided to test for steroids and by chance they had an updated list that included extended steroids like Epitiostanol you’d be screwed. All that hard work to see your lifes goal pissed away isn’t worth it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't chance it. Realize with these 'tests' being months away - A LOT can change in a few months. If by chance the force decided to test for steroids and by chance they had an updated list that included extended steroids like Epitiostanol you’d be screwed. All that hard work to see your lifes goal pissed away isn’t worth it.
It's all in your head.

They will ASK you if you have taken steroids (not necessarily ILLEGAL steroids). You need to have the categories differentiated in your head, and truly believe it, to pass.

Easily, 4-AD and the like were PRO-hormones, which means you could easily answer yes. The new generation, being active when you take them, is not such a clearcut designation. Seriously, you need to be ok playing headgames with yourself...if not, you will fail the test.

Safest bet is not to take them before you try to get in.

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards

This I can agree with.

But it isn't like Police work is a sport, I don't understand why they would be so uptight about self advancement. Unless they think "Roid rage" Is liable to get them a few lawsuites.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
It's all in your head.

They will ASK you if you have taken steroids (not necessarily ILLEGAL steroids). You need to have the categories differentiated in your head, and truly believe it, to pass.

Easily, 4-AD and the like were PRO-hormones, which means you could easily answer yes. The new generation, being active when you take them, is not such a clearcut designation. Seriously, you need to be ok playing headgames with yourself...if not, you will fail the test.

Safest bet is not to take them before you try to get in.
I suppose this's why you can't take benzos before a lie detector! That'd sure help you 'trick' your mind.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Bad hype does not make something against the law.
Acts of moral turpitude. Just because it's not illegal to smoke pot over in Amsterdam doesn't mean if you come back to apply for a LEO job, that you'd get it (i'll give you a hint you probably won't).

They look at "moral character."

Also, BI's will want to dig into your past, so hope you haven't told anyone close to you that you are taking "steroids." They also research your past interactions, and ask all types of questions to find out what you are/were really up to.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if they 'search' for questions you post online in forums...

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
This I can agree with.

But it isn't like Police work is a sport, I don't understand why they would be so uptight about self advancement. Unless they think "Roid rage" Is liable to get them a few lawsuites.
That's exactly why :). You can thank the sue happy people/lawyers of today for that.

CYOA is what they are doing. (Cover your own a$$)

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Wonder if they 'search' for questions you post online in forums...
If they can find evidence it relates back to you, it is a strong possibility. Along with myspace and facebook, many more depts are telling you to list the URL in your background packet.

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
Oh no!

Detective: We have found internet posts stating that you legally used Prohormones in a safe and controlled setting. What is your excuse?

Me: Uhhh..

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Oh no!

Detective: We have found internet posts stating that you legally used Prohormones in a safe and controlled setting. What is your excuse?

Me: Uhhh..
The only safe and controlled setting is if recommended and supervised by a Dr. Other than that, no way jose.

Just letting you know how it is, life doesn't always make sense :cool:.

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
The only safe and controlled setting is if recommended and supervised by a Dr. Other than that, no way jose.

Just letting you know how it is, life doesn't always make sense :cool:.

I know that.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Acts of moral turpitude. Just because it's not illegal to smoke pot over in Amsterdam doesn't mean if you come back to apply for a LEO job, that you'd get it (i'll give you a hint you probably won't).
In my state they have always alowed cops with past marijuana use to join.I know this cause the news was saying that theirs a shortage of cops,so now they're letting cops with minimal past "hard" drug use be hired.They said they use to only allow a history of pot.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
In my state they have always alowed cops with past marijuana use to join.I know this cause the news was saying that theirs a shortage of cops,so now they're letting cops with minimal past "hard" drug use be hired.They said they use to only allow a history of pot.
I was referring to a more habitual use, even if it was legal use in another country.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was referring to a more habitual use, even if it was legal use in another country.
Got ya.They did say it had to be minimal past use.So i'm sure you get drilled on the lie detector about that.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Got ya.They did say it had to be minimal past use.So i'm sure you get drilled on the lie detector about that.
for a generality of MOST dept's (excluding federal, usually most local/state le agencies) will allow minimal marijuana use, and most, even 1 use of any "hard" drugs such as cocaine, mdma, and even Psilocybin mushrooms are most often a 5-10 year if not permanent disqualification.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just don't risk it. If they do have a lie detector test as part of their process then failing this will be bad juju for getting into any other dept. Never lie on those. In your packets you'll be able to explain your "yes" questions and then based off those discussed with your testing officer, questions will be narrowed down to be a lot more specific.

You can get arrested for buying tea leaves if you believed the sale was for pot. If you believe you're taking steroids even if you're not, you could still be a nogo at that station.

My short advice is this: research before just applying to a police agency. it's a lengthy process and in MANY cases one that has to be done two or three times before actually being accepted. they don't like it if people are out applying at every agency in the area. Each time you apply and faile out that stuff gets shared with other agencies.

Find out their Psych eval disqualifications, Physical, Drug etc. find out what you can before applying so you can avoid going to a dept you know you can't get hired at.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for a generality of MOST dept's (excluding federal, usually most local/state le agencies) will allow minimal marijuana use, and most, even 1 use of any "hard" drugs such as cocaine, mdma, and even Psilocybin mushrooms are most often a 5-10 year if not permanent disqualification.
What do you mean disqualification?They cant try to be a cop for 5-10 years again,or ever?

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean disqualification?They cant try to be a cop for 5-10 years again,or ever?
meaning it's an auto dq (they will throw your application in the trash) if you have used what they define "hard" drugs in the past 5-10 years, and yes some departments have permanent dq's.

For example, if I used cocaine in 2000, and it is 2008, I would have to wait at least 2 years to apply to an agency with a 10 year auto-dq for their list of hard drugs. That's just to apply, it doesn't mean you will get hired though, because a lot of applicants are coming in with spotless records.

There are always exceptions to the rule though.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Also, bear in mind that there has been a recent increase in media reports of "The Terror of Cops on 'Roids" and with that going around you can bet that departments are thinking CYA.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There was a guy on this board or another who was a cop.He said they get tested regularly for roids,and he had already seen guys being fired for it that year.This was right after the first of the year.Said it had become a big problem,and they were cracking down.