Storing PH/PS in freezer?

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
is this a realistic method of storing PS's etc, vacuum sealing and freezing them. I have never heard of this and was wondering if this works or negatively effects the products in any way? have you froze anything for a long time, and used it later with positive results?

id like to try it but would like to know considering that its a cool dark place thats recommended not freezing temps

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yeah, thats the best way to store long term, especially if your cumin up on an expiration date.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It would be great to hear a REP comment on this, I've been wondering how to store extra bottles.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
DR. D did make a post about it that i found and he recommended it more so for certain products. Although he was talking about refrigerating them, not freezing. Considering the vast difference in temperatures and moisture. I was still left with uncertainty in regard to improper storing procedures. So far it seems everyone is using a freezer.

I was just curious who has in fact STORED it for a long period. And used it with minimal degradation in potency, so far its all hearsay....

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Freezing them WILL prolong shelf life. By how long exactly, i'm not certain. At least 2 years. They don' really expire i.e. "go bad." They just lose 10% of their potency after the first year of expiration.
didn't u get this info from a pharmacist you work with or something, i think u mentioned it before? pretty sure it was you but could be wrong. just checking, because thats a handy little piece of information to have. also, would this go for all ph's?

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it was me. I'm a CPhT and asked the pharmacist. Not all of them. I'm not sure about the sulfur and epistane, but it says if you are allergic to sulfur drugs, do not take this product. Sulfurs should not be freezed. They should be stored in dry, room temperature, or cool areas. This also applies to macrominerals. i.e. (calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sulfur) and trace minerals (boron, cobalt, copper, chromium, iron, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, silicon, vanadium, zinc) I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but just a bit of info on SAMe. It is temperature sensitive and should be tightly sealed ad stored in the freezer. One more thing, lol. The exp dates on supps and pharmaceuticals alike, are actually more of a guideline. There have been studies on medications and they were shown to not truly "expire" until about 5 years after they've been manufactured.
Oh, so your saying epistane could be a bad item to freeze? what would this potentially do?? had couple bottles in there lol...SON OF A B****

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
Well, don't quote me on this, but I believe it will make it deteriorate(lose potency) faster. I honestly am not certain. I was just advised not to store any minerals in the freezer because certain things need to be stored in a certain manner for them to stay fresh, for the actual amount of time on the exp date. It depends on if epistane actually contains sulfur or not. There are many things that, if people are allergic to them, they may also be allergic to that chemical's "cousin" or "relative." Take Codeine and Hydrocodone(vicodin) for example. If someone is allergic to codeine, they MAY be allergic to hydrocodone, but not necessarily, lol. There is only a chance that they will be. It's confusng, i know. Maybe epi just has a "cousin" or "relative" of sulfur in it, and this is why the label states what it does. Maybe call up IBE or ask neoborn or poopypants if epi actually contains sulfur. I just keep mine in my drawer, which is room temp, dark, and dry. Like I stated earlier though, supps and medications alike, stay fresh for longer than the exp dates on the bottles. As long as they are actually sealed, that is.
well i guess ill find out when i run my cycle next week. I only had it in my freezer in a ziplock for like 4 days. it should be fine. i actually have a bottle of HAVOC, and it doesnt list any sulfur. Just "micro crystalline cellulose, gelatin" hope its ok though! lol:think:

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Well, don't quote me on this, but I believe it will make it deteriorate(lose potency) faster. I honestly am not certain. I was just advised not to store any minerals in the freezer because certain things need to be stored in a certain manner for them to stay fresh, for the actual amount of time on the exp date. It depends on if epistane actually contains sulfur or not. There are many things that, if people are allergic to them, they may also be allergic to that chemical's "cousin" or "relative." Take Codeine and Hydrocodone(vicodin) for example. If someone is allergic to codeine, they MAY be allergic to hydrocodone, but not necessarily, lol. There is only a chance that they will be. It's confusng, i know. Maybe epi just has a "cousin" or "relative" of sulfur in it, and this is why the label states what it does. Maybe call up IBE or ask neoborn or poopypants if epi actually contains sulfur. I just keep mine in my drawer, which is room temp, dark, and dry. Like I stated earlier though, supps and medications alike, stay fresh for longer than the exp dates on the bottles. As long as they are actually sealed, that is.

EDIT: Sulfas are sulfas, they have no cousins, lol. I'm just tired. My bulk 1-carboxy is kicking in and it's telling me it's time to go to sleep!
it will degrade in the freezer then? so remove the frozen epi stash?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, it was me. I'm a CPhT and asked the pharmacist. Not all of them. I'm not sure about the sulfur and epistane, but it says if you are allergic to sulfur drugs, do not take this product. Sulfurs should not be freezed. They should be stored in dry, room temperature, or cool areas. This also applies to macrominerals. i.e. (calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sulfur) and trace minerals (boron, cobalt, copper, chromium, iron, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, silicon, vanadium, zinc) I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but just a bit of info on SAMe. It is temperature sensitive and should be tightly sealed ad stored in the freezer. One more thing, lol. The exp dates on supps and pharmaceuticals alike, are actually more of a guideline. There have been studies on medications and they were shown to not truly "expire" until about 5 years after they've been manufactured.
The whole sulfur allergy is COMPLETELY misunderstood. Read this everyone:

[/QUOTE]

Here's some more info on the topic at hand here of sulfa allergy:

The Confusion with Sulfa, Sulfite and Sulfate Allergies

Many people report an allergy to a "sulfur" drug when they go to the doctor....believe me when i say it's the next most common allergy stated next to PCN. But what does this actually mean? Usually, a person means that they have experienced an adverse effect from a sulfa-containing antibiotic, such as Bactrim/Septra. However, it may mean something much different, and it usually does. Sulfa medications come in 2 types, antibiotics (such as Bactrim/Septra) and non-antibiotics (such as Celebrex). This is usually the medications that people are referring to when they say they have a "sulfa allergy".Sulfites are preservatives in foods and medications, and not related to sulfa drugs.
Sulfates are "salts" of various medications, such as albuterol sulfate nebulizer medication used to treat asthma. These medications usually do not contain sulfa or sulfites.
How do you tell the difference? What about sulfites and sulfates? It turns out that these three terms are quite different, and that a person who has experienced a reaction to one does not necessarily need to avoid the others.

Sulfa Medication Allergy:What is a sulfa allergy?

"Sulfa allergy" is a term used to describe adverse drug reactions to sulfonamides, a group of drugs that includes those with and without antibiotic characteristics. Antibiotic sulfonamides were the first antibiotics used to treat infections, although today are used much less frequently given their common side effects. Common sulfa antibiotics include Septra, Bactrim, and Pediazole. The antibiotic sulfonamides are different structurally from the non-antibiotic sulfonamides, and appear to be much more likely to result in allergic reactions. Many of the sulfa non-antibiotics, therefore, do not cause problems in people with sulfa antibiotic allergy.

Sulfa allergies are beyond exagerated in general. The antibiotic sulfonamides account for the large majority of associated allergies/allergic reactions. Thus, just because something contains sulfur doesn't mean that the same properties will apply in regard to allergic reaction

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Interesting , what are you a pharm tech Bass? My dad is the chief of pharmacy were he works, so I got a little pharm knowledge. There have been studies done on medications where they were shown to to have an extended shelve life from their actual expiration. But I think (and I'm actually pretty clueless) that it has alot to do with the type of environment they are kept in. Example: I had a bottle of 100ct percocet given to me a few years ago that was just six months past it's expiration date and they did nothing for me but make my stomach hurt when I took them. So I ask my friend were he got them from and he told me they had been sitting out in storage with a bunch of his sh!t for like a year. I live in Tucson AZ and it gets up past 120 in the summers here. Not good!!
Then someone else gave me a bottle of cyclobenzaprine a month or two ago that was expiered 1 year ago (she had always had them inside). After I gave almost half of them away I took a few (going off a friends suggestion) and d@mn I didn't wake up the next day til 2:30 in the afternoon. So I think it has a lot to do with how they are kept. What's your thought's on that theory?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
sorry, still a little confused. i get the allergy thing i think but not sure about the storage. freezer or cool dark place, assuming its going to be stored for sometime?

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
its Dependant on the compound as well. Apparently DR.D said its ok to store Superdrol and 1,4 andro inthe freezer. So it just depends i guess.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
its Dependant on the compound as well. Apparently DR.D said its ok to store Superdrol and 1,4 andro inthe freezer. So it just depends i guess.
suppose the dependent variable here is epi and epi clone? freezer or cool dark place? (assuming it will remain in storage for awhile)

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Define "awhile." It really should be fine for a few years in a dark, dry, cool location. If you don't plan on using something for like 3-5 years, then i'd freeze it. It's epi though, so I KNOW you'll use it before then :)[/QUOTE

thanks for the help bass, reps to you.:cheers:

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
Hey, this is off topic but I was just wondering if Thermolife's Liver Longer is OK to be placed in the freezer too...

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yo, I also live in AZ. So we really COULD start that cheap a$$ gyno reduction clinic! LOL! I'm up near Flagstaff and Sedona though. Yea, it depends GREATLY on how they're stored. I believe I mentioned above about different things need to be stored in a different manner, in order for the product to last as long as it's supposed to. Medications need to be stored in a cool, dry place. I can't say dark because the pharmacy has those bright a$$ white lights on all day and all night. That doesn't cause the meds to expire any quicker. It's on average about 67 deg in the pharmacy. We however, HAVE TO dispose of the medications and send them to our return warehouse to have them destroyed MONTHS prior to them expiring. Soooo, about this cheap a$$ gyno reduction clinic.....:rofl: *goes over to the teen forums at bb dot com to ask if they'd be interested*
Dude I'm in $&^# (@*, AZ right now working you know were that's at?? I'm probably an hour from flag. What city you in?
PM me if paranoid about telling the whole world were your at lol....never mind, after thinking about that I'm going to delete that and PM you myself.....

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
So would products such as superdrol, havoc, pheraplex and bold freeze fine for long periods of time? I'm not planning on doing another cycle for a good 3-5 years but wanted to stockpile some in case any get banned.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
So would products such as superdrol, havoc, pheraplex and bold freeze fine for long periods of time? I'm not planning on doing another cycle for a good 3-5 years but wanted to stockpile some in case any get banned.
i think thats hard to say 100%. some are better in those temps while others may be best in just normal cool/dark drawers
Bettter in Fridge or Freezer,

So far iv found out that these are ok in a FRIDGE and some frozen:

superdrol
1,4 andro
Most 3-one-4-ene structures are fine in the freezer. Esters need to be froozen for sure.