Formastane caps

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I would like some input on an idea I have on making formastane more boiavalible .Formastane could be a really good product but it gets destroyed by the stomach and is very hard to put into solution [inj] So was I reading about ENTERIC PILL COATING --its a coating put on a pill or capsule so it doesnt dissolve untill it reaches the small intestine--[not sure if that means it goes past the liver ?]Anyway you cant buy an empty capsule that has enteric coating on it its applied after the cap is full but ,you can apply yourself after loading the caps .Theres a list of these coatings, most are toxic but some are not [you could possibly get some of these coatings in a spray form]So basicaly you would load the caps spray them with the coating and your good to go.Not 100% sure if this will work so let me know or PM me

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Source: Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Volume 54, Number 5, 1 May 2002 , pp. 611-615(5)

Publisher: Pharmaceutical Press

Abstract:

In recent years, there have been improvements in the treatment of type 2 diabetes by oral administration of vanadyl sulfate (VOSO4, VS). The maintenance of vanadyl levels in the blood of subjects with type 2 diabetes was found to be important for the insulinomimetic activity of VS. However, owing to low bioavailability of VS and the development of mild gastrointestinal symptoms and side-effects in some subjects, it is necessary to design more effective and safer dosages of VS. After discovering that VS is absorbed more thoroughly at the ileum than at other gastrointestinal sites, we investigated the absorption processes following oral administration of VS by preparing enteric-coated capsules (ECC). Although Cmax values were unchanged by the dosage forms, Tmax and MRT values associated with the enteric-coating capsulation were prolonged when compared with those observed with use of gelatin capsules (GC). An important finding was that the bioavailability of VS from ECC (9.8%) was almost double that of VS from either GC (4.0%) or the solution (4.8%). Administration of VS-containing ECC to diabetic patients is proposed to improve vanadyl absorption over that achieved by the administration of either GC or the solution

Interlocutor

Awards
I would like some input on an idea I have on making formastane more boiavalible .Formastane could be a really good product but it gets destroyed by the stomach and is very hard to put into solution [inj] So was I reading about ENTERIC PILL COATING --its a coating put on a pill or capsule so it doesnt dissolve untill it reaches the small intestine--[not sure if that means it goes past the liver ?]Anyway you cant buy an empty capsule that has enteric coating on it its applied after the cap is full but ,you can apply yourself after loading the caps .Theres a list of these coatings, most are toxic but some are not [you could possibly get some of these coatings in a spray form]So basicaly you would load the caps spray them with the coating and your good to go.Not 100% sure if this will work so let me know or PM me
i do not know if your idea has any merit or not (low bioavailability may have other causes), but you may probably wish to rather look at some source which can supply you with intestine soluble empty capsules or similar empty enterosoluble gelcaps. that would probably be infinitesimally simpler than trying to enteric coat your caps yourself.

preparing and applying enteric coating spray is not THAT simple a process. better to simply get the correct capsules. finding a supplier for small quantities of such may be a problem, though. you may perhaps make a proposal to one of the bulk product suppliers which also offer capping equipment to procure those.

in fact, even if it has no merit for formestane, it may be a good idea to see some other products capped such.

for example, if legalgears / LG Sciences position on most typical PHs being deactivated by 17bHSD in the stomach would be valid, and not in the liver as is more commonly presumed, some of those non-methyls (1-androsterone, 1,4ADD, etc., whatever you may get in bulk) may possibly benefit from being capped in such enterosoluble gelcaps. just speculating.

T.I.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
i do not know if your idea has any merit or not (low bioavailability may have other causes), but you may probably wish to rather look at some source which can supply you with intestine soluble empty capsules or similar empty enterosoluble gelcaps. that would probably be infinitesimally simpler than trying to enteric coat your caps yourself.

preparing and applying enteric coating spray is not THAT simple a process. better to simply get the correct capsules. finding a supplier for small quantities of such may be a problem, though. you may perhaps make a proposal to one of the bulk product suppliers which also offer capping equipment to procure those.

in fact, even if it has no merit for formestane, it may be a good idea to see some other products capped such.

for example, if legalgears / LG Sciences position on most typical PHs being deactivated by 17bHSD in the stomach would be valid, and not in the liver as is more commonly presumed, some of those non-methyls (1-androsterone, 1,4ADD, etc., whatever you may get in bulk) may possibly benefit from being capped in such enterosoluble gelcaps. just speculating.

T.I.
Thanks for the info,as far as Ive research so far nobody will sell enteric coated emptycaps.Its really not a problem doing your own coating.It basicaly comes in a spray,so you get a capum quick and spray.If this worksout it has endless possibilities for many compounds

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
did you ever get anywhere with this skull?