stupid questions

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've decided to start my own thread for questions that I have that might be considered stupid to others...I'm sure I'll be building on this over time!

Question of the day:

• when someone refers to wet gains, what does that mean?
    • is that water weight/bloating
    • is that something that will go away with training and nutrition?
    • are there supplements you can add to the stack that will minimize this (example might be stacking something with PP to keep it dry)?

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Three questions of the day hu? Well Yes, Yes and Yes. Though there's probably not a lot you would want to stack with phera imo. Just run it and then cut. The bloat will go away on it's own after post cycle therapy.
I like this thread, you gonna hit us with a new question every day?

Last edited:
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the response!

I like this thread, you gonna hit us with a new question every day?
Yeah, I'll probably post questions on here fairly frequently...I don't want to jam the forum with a new thread everytime I come across a question. I have enough banked already to post a new one every day for the next week :)

also, I want to thank everyone on the forum for being so helpful! I always try to educate myself as much as possible before I start putting chemicals in my body. The people in this group have been very helpful!!!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also, what are the properties of a supp that will make it dry or wet?

I would have guessed that products that don't convert to estrogen keep you dry...is that correct?

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More or less. Compounds that are more androgenic are the wet ones. Due to aromitization into estrogen. Phera-plex is probably the most noted for this..Are you looking at running this?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
also, what are the properties of a supp that will make it dry or wet?

I would have guessed that products that don't convert to estrogen keep you dry...is that correct?
you got the idea. wet compounds are generally used for bulking, dry are used for either cutting or bulking. superdrol is considered a dry compound.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Question of the day #2:

Besides sensitive nipples; what are signs of a Gyno flair-up?
  • I've heard of bumbs...what does that mean?

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Question of the day #2:

Besides sensitive nipples; what are signs of a Gyno flair-up?
  • I've heard of bumbs...what does that mean?
You goin to rep me for answering this???:blink:
1.Sinsitive nipples
2.Puffy nipples
3.Itchy nipples
4.And the number one sure sign, goes to painful lumps under or right around your nipples.
5. O'yea I forgot lactation (but I think that's more of a prolactin side efect)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you got it bud!

1.Sinsitive nipples
2.Puffy nipples
3.Itchy nipples
4.And the number one sure sign, goes to painful lumps under or right around your nipples.
I understand that you should keep a SERM on hand in case you experience gyno flair-up...what is the course of action? do you discontinue your cycle and start post cycle therapy?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
you got it bud!
I understand that you should keep a SERM on hand in case you experience gyno flair-up...what is the course of action? do you discontinue your cycle and start post cycle therapy?

Another question:

if you experience hair loss on cycle or during PCT...is that something you lose forever or is will your hairline return to normal?
probably depends on how bad the flair is, if you catch it while its just starting, hit it with some nolva and it should go away. some people use transdermal formastain on cycle to avoid gyno while on cycle, it also will help keep the gains nice and dry as well as add to your gains as it is a mild ph.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
probably depends on how bad the flair is, if you catch it while its just starting, hit it with some nolva and it should go away. some people use transdermal formastain on cycle to avoid gyno while on cycle, it also will help keep the gains nice and dry as well as add to your gains as it is a mild ph.
I am wary of using an AI while on cycle. But this theory does seem to have merit, though I have seen few try it. Maybe I'll go with that on my upcoming P-plex run because that is a very androgenic compound.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Question of the day #3:

• if you experience hair loss while on Cycle or during PCT, is it permanent or will it return over time?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I am wary of using an AI while on cycle. But this theory does seem to have merit, though I have seen few try it. Maybe I'll go with that on my upcoming P-plex run because that is a very androgenic compound.
you mean the formastain use while on cycle, is this what you are wary about? im sure many experienced ph/ps users will agree TD form is THE best on cycle AI out there(of the OTC AI's, some think its best hands down also). P-plex would be a great example of the use of TD form while on cycle. (TD=transdermal, form=formastain, just so you know what im saying). it will help keep you drier and prevent almost all conversion to estrogen. this is a rather common method, its also stacked with many cutting ph's as well.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you mean the formastain use while on cycle, is this what you are wary about? im sure many experienced ph/ps users will agree TD form is THE best on cycle AI out there(of the OTC AI's, some think its best hands down also). P-plex would be a great example of the use of TD form while on cycle. (TD=transdermal, form=formastain, just so you know what im saying). it will help keep you drier and prevent almost all conversion to estrogen. this is a rather common method, its also stacked with many cutting ph's as well.
Repped. I'm hearing more and more about formastane lately. I'll have to look into that a little more. I was thinking about running resveratrol along side the pp to counter the heart enlarging effects anyway.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Question of the day #3:

• if you experience hair loss while on Cycle or during post cycle therapy, is it permanent or will it return over time?
In most cases (if not all) it is permanent. While there are a lot of hair regeneration/growth products out there the best treatment imo is always prevention.
Your going to want to avoid the more androgenic steroids and ph's if this is an issue for you. And especially DHT based compounds as this is the main cause of MPB. Or at-least run some type of AI while on.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In most cases (if not all) it is permanent. While there are a lot of hair regeneration/growth products out there the best treatment imo is always prevention.
Your going to want to avoid the more androgenic steroids and ph's if this is an issue for you. And especially DHT based compounds as this is the main cause of MPB. Or at-least run some type of AI while on.
Damn!

so, if I want to keep my hair I should discountinue the thought of ever running Phera Plex?

how does an AI help insure that I will keep my scalp from getting sun burned? (keeping it hidden under a full head of hair)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.Sinsitive nipples
2.Puffy nipples
3.Itchy nipples

Really the problem with saying that for #1-3 is that they are also signs of a change in laundry detergent :) And just hormone fluctuations cause them too.

so really just #4 + 5 are real signs that its gyno

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn!

so, if I want to keep my hair I should discountinue the thought of ever running Phera Plex?

how does an AI help insure that I will keep my scalp from getting sun burned? (keeping it hidden under a full head of hair)
does your family have a history of male pattern balding? Really almost any of the compounds can cause shedding if you are prone.

An AI doesn't really help with that. Basically you'd need a DHT inhibitor like finasteride, which just causes different issues.

And i'm still wishy washy as to whether pheraplex "gyno" is really gyno or more prolactin based issues. in theory phera doesn't aromatize.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Really the problem with saying that for #1-3 is that they are also signs of a change in laundry detergent :) And just hormone fluctuations cause them too.

so really just #4 + 5 are real signs that its gyno
Yea, I noticed that my nipples were more sensitive when I started washing my cloths in estrogen..lol...
No pun intended as I'm sure you are probably more knowledgeable than me.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Repped. I'm hearing more and more about formastane lately. I'll have to look into that a little more. I was thinking about running resveratrol along side the pp to counter the heart enlarging effects anyway.
thanks bro. trans-resvertrol with the pp, interesting idea, didnt know the res would help prevent that. not sure if this applies to any thing but i think im going to make a TD form/trans-res solution, well still considering at least, 99% trans-res is not the cheapest. just another thing to think about.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those are the early signs of gyno yes, but there are so many things that cause sensitive or itchy nipples. I've gotten it from suntan lotion before, all sorts of things.

resveratrol is something else. i've been on a relatively long, what should be horribly suppressive cycle, and i've got decent libido and no shrinkage. I attribute it to my ridiculous resveratrol dose. 2g a day (4g of 50%). I have 12g of the 98% and a bottle of penetrate here to try out, just haven't gotten to that yet.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks bro. trans-resvertrol with the pp, interesting idea, didnt know the res would help prevent that. not sure if this applies to any thing but i think im going to make a TD form/trans-res solution, well still considering at least, 99% trans-res is not the cheapest. just another thing to think about.
No problem dawg.
I actually read about the resvertrol from a lot of guys on these (and other, but not as good) forums that were running pp. And also in the discussions of the reversal of the heart impacts of DMT.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
I like this thread. It allows some of us newer guys (newer as in have done **** loads of research already on their own and just have a few things we aren't completely sure about. Not new as in I don't know what the **** I'm doing at all) to ask some of the questions that we haven't been able to find answers for. I just might have to throw some of my own questions in as I think of them if you don't mind me semi-hijacking your thread.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like this thread. It allows some of us newer guys (newer as in have done **** loads of research already on their own and just have a few things we aren't completely sure about. Not new as in I don't know what the **** I'm doing at all) to ask some of the questions that we haven't been able to find answers for. I just might have to throw some of my own questions in as I think of them if you don't mind me semi-hijacking your thread.
Hey man, feel free to throw some questions in here...it's probably something I just haven't thought about yet.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to know more detail on why they recommend taking sesamin with a meal with at least 10g of fat. It sort of makes sense as the idea is that sesamin will help oxidize body fat and the eaten fat sort of acts like a "primer" for it. but i'd like to see that in written in a more formal way, or study results showing it, as its also sort of counter intuitive. I mean, you are talking about 12g of fats in 3x a day for a total of 324 calories minimally there. I'm just wondering how much extra fat it "burns" on top of that to make it worthwhile.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If you are losing hair, then it is most likely permanent due to increased DHT build up. You can use 5-alpha blockers to help the situation. Your best bet it to only use 5-alpha reduced ph/ps/whatever.

If hairloss reversed itself, there would not be so many 'hair regrowth' commericals/products.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
probably depends on how bad the flair is, if you catch it while its just starting, hit it with some nolva and it should go away.
for this scenario; what is the typical dosing for Nolva or clomid, and how long should it be taken? do you suspend your cycle at this point or keep truck'n along?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
those are the early signs of gyno yes, but there are so many things that cause sensitive or itchy nipples. I've gotten it from suntan lotion before, all sorts of things.

resveratrol is something else. i've been on a relatively long, what should be horribly suppressive cycle, and i've got decent libido and no shrinkage. I attribute it to my ridiculous resveratrol dose. 2g a day (4g of 50%). I have 12g of the 98% and a bottle of penetrate here to try out, just haven't gotten to that yet.
i have been wondering for a while if trans-res would help prevent some shutdown when used on cycle and when taken enough. were you referring using the trans-res on you 1T/SD cycle, and you really think it is preventing some shutdown?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
for this scenario; what is the typical dosing for Nolva or clomid, and how long should it be taken? do you suspend your cycle at this point or keep truck'n along?
based on what i have read, 20-30mg of nolva a day, for a few days will normally clear up beginnings sings of gyno.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have been wondering for a while if trans-res would help prevent some shutdown when used on cycle and when taken enough. were you referring using the trans-res on you 1T/superdrol cycle, and you really think it is preventing some shutdown?
Yeah, i've been taking it at those rates the whole cycle. I have 0 signs of suppression. Libido was not significantly lowered (any more than I would expect from my constant tiredness from working out so hard) and 0 shrinkage... Averaged once a day between either sex or whackin it thru the whole cycle.

Theres clinical grade proof that resveratrol raises sperm count, and changes the count of sperm ducts or whatever its called in the testicles. So I figured it was probably through a mechanism that raises LH, and that it was worth a shot for on cycle. For the roughly $120 in resveratrol I spent on a 9 week cycle, not too bad. The last 3 weeks i've been dosing 660mg 1-t and 25mg of superdrol with no change. I see guys talking about significant visible shrinkage from either of those in that sort of time at those doses.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious are wet compounds more prone to sides then dry compounds?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depends on what sort of sides. They are more prone to gyno, as well as hair loss.

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Wet compounds are more prone to estrogen related sides

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
It just seems that there are alot more "mild" compounds that are dry opposed to wet from what I've read. What would be the best wet compound for a first cycle? I don't see myself doing anything for awhile its just I know I'm gonna down the road at some point and reading about this stuff is surprisingly VERY interesting.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Max-LMG/X-mass/Revolt seems to be a little gentler. seems, not saying from personal experience, from reading logs

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of people that love P-Plex, which is a fairly wet compound. There's some people that hate it, but any product is going to have its doubters, but for the most part people seem to really like it and don't report too bad of sides.

btech

Awards
An AI doesn't really help with that. Basically you'd need a DHT inhibitor like finasteride, which just causes different issues.
What issues would you be talking about? There's a German study that finasteride may have irreversible sexual side effects, but aside from that.....anything noteworthy?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There's a German study that finasteride may have irreversible sexual side effects, but aside from that.....anything noteworthy?
:wtf:

LOL! If that's true, and it's not irreversible increase in libido, then this product should be buried and left for dead!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What issues would you be talking about? There's a German study that finasteride may have irreversible sexual side effects, but aside from that.....anything noteworthy?
if that isn't noteworthy, then i'm not sure of the meaning of the word :D I'd rather be bald.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just another stupid question:

as long as you're consistant, does it matter what time of day you take PH/PS's? does timing your dosage before a workout matter?

also, does it depend on the product (half life, etc)?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just another stupid question:

as long as you're consistant, does it matter what time of day you take PH/PS's? does timing your dosage before a workout matter?

also, does it depend on the product (half life, etc)?
its best if you are taking any of the normal orals to take them early in the day. Halodrol/Turinabol are somewhat exceptions as they have the longest half life (16+ hrs). dosing before a workout only really matters with compounds that are more androgenic. less androgenic ones don't give you that much of a boost.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
its best if you are taking any of the normal orals to take them early in the day. Halodrol/Turinabol are somewhat exceptions as they have the longest half life (16+ hrs). dosing before a workout only really matters with compounds that are more androgenic. less androgenic ones don't give you that much of a boost.
haha, I knew I could rely on Easy for an answer!

thanks Bro!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the early in the day part is because you create the most of your natural test about 3 hours after falling asleep. so the more of the compound that is gone by then, the more natural test you will create

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha, I knew I could rely on Easy for an answer!

thanks Bro!
D@mn bro, I was wondering were the fcuk you went with your stupid questions!!! I would have jumped in there, but Easy's one, if not the smartest and coolest guys your going to run into around here anyways. Plus you'll get a better, less cursing answer out of him anyways, so I'll leave you in good hands!!:cheers:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
D@mn bro, I was wondering were the fcuk you went with your stupid questions!!! I would have jumped in there, but Easy's one, if not the smartest and coolest guys your going to run into around here anyways. Plus you'll get a better, less cursing answer out of him anyways, so I'll leave you in good hands!!:cheers:
don't worry man; I got more stupid sh!t where that came from...I've just been too busy with work to get on here lately.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
then is it better to take SERM's at night? or does that matter (I think the half life for Nolva is days)?