Help, first timer

mongoose

Awards
I have been working out for a few years now and due to coming from a long distance running string bean family I haven't been able to gain the size I want. I am considering taking steroids. I have taken all sorts of test boosters and NO2 boosters tonnes of protein and god knows what else. It seems to me that steroids are the only way left to gain the size. So, I was wondering if someone could direct me in the right direction. I need something mildly easy, shot or not, and I am looking to gain 15-20 lbs. Any help direction would be great, thanks again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your diet, stats, training experience, etc? I used to be a XC runner and I thought I couldn't gain mass, but I just wasn't patient enough and didn't pay enough attention to my diet.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet, stats, training experience, etc? I used to be a XC runner and I thought I couldn't gain mass, but I just wasn't patient enough and didn't pay enough attention to my diet.
Absolutely! You'll need a good solid progressive training plan, and a surplus of healthy cals (more protein for sure) to start. Look around the logs, training threads, and keep asking questions. Do some research, though. You've come to the right place for information!!! :thumbsup:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am considering taking steroids.
Before you jump in to the dark side, let's evaluate your current diet and training regimen. Through proper nutrition, the right fitness plan for your goals and some non-hormonal supplements, you can reach your goals. Can you describe your diet/macro's? Age?

AM is a great place, welcome - and I'm sure we can help you out!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I am considering taking steroids.
That right there says you're not ready for anabolics. IMO, the decision to use steroids should be made AFTER you have several years of lifting under your belt, solid training program, solid diet, etc.. It's not something to take lightly, or dip into. If you're going to do it, you have to be sure you are with out doubt, 110% ready.

mongoose

Awards
Before you jump in to the dark side, let's evaluate your current diet and training regimen. Through proper nutrition, the right fitness plan for your goals and some non-hormonal supplements, you can reach your goals. Can you describe your diet/macro's? Age?

AM is a great place, welcome - and I'm sure we can help you out!
Well I have instant oatmeal for breakfast 4 pkgs. yogurt and a protein shake for break then 2 lbs of pasta and juice for lunch then another protein shake for second break along with some assorted dried fruits and nuts. Finally for dinner I have a stir fry, and finally some sort of a snack before bed. This is a normal day for me. Now I'm 180lbs 6' and 22. I have been lifting fairly steadily for 3 years now. I take Xpandz and BCAA along with multi vitamins daily. I want to get to 195-200 cut. I have tried the GNC mass cycle with no results. I also tried the Vitrix, the most useless thing I've ever tried. The Xpandz isn't even doing anything for me now, mind you it's been 2-3 years now on it. I tried superpump 250 and to put it midly it didn't agree with my system, and yes I followed the recommended break in period. I also used vyo-tech 17hd along with viraloid and saw no change. I work out 5 days per week and have no set program I go in each day and push every muscle as hard as possible until it simply cannot do anymore. Now that all this is said, I am in great shape, but not where I want to be. I hope this answers your question.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes - it tells me alot! All the supplements that you have taken are, well the nicest thing I can say is, JUNK.

Since you have an idea of what you should eat, I think with a certain stack that you can buy at a great price and a detailed "MASS-TEST" work out regimen, you'll see why you don't have to "go to the dark-side"

Oh, GNC is the WORST place you can go for supplements or information.

I'm going to shoot you a PM...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
up that protien and get a good workout plan. Going in 5 days a week and doing every muscle to failure will get you no where. Do some more research around here, there is no excuse! If you are serious about putting on mass then get to reading...find a program, get a set balanced high protien diet, and some good supplements and youll see that weight gain without anabolic steroids.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Do you still run XC? If so, stop. Your body will lean towards endurance, not mass.

X