Need advice

wikked1

Awards
Hi guys,this is going to be a long drawn out one but I want to give as much info as I can because there are so many variables to the general "WHAT should I do?" question. Background: I'm 39 years old,6'-2" and at the moment 185 ish @ 10% bf....I am hoping to get lower and find that all ellusive 6-pack. I have been going non-stop 5 days a week for well over a year now (to the gym) and made some good gains....at my highest when gaining size was my goal I hit 202....problem with that was I was around 18% bf when I got done......and almost all of it right where I don't want it....the WAIST! Now comes the summer cut.....I am down on the weight......preserved SOME size but now I feel like I'm damn near right back where I started.....only a little more cut.....I ate pretty clean through my whole gaining phase and still when it came time to cut there was more to come off than I was willing to admit.....and now that I am heading for 180 gggrr I can't stand it......my strength has stayed pretty well (the one GOOD part) and I am hitting cardio like I should.....my goal? I want to be single digit body fat 8% but around 200 lbs.....(for starters) my end goal is a reasonable 225 @ 8% body fat....and yes I want to have abs! Now if I were to consider going with the first time help of gear and it being a transdermal because I wouldn't have the worries of how to get the goods....in a manner of speaking......my question is this......Will a transdermal of Test from Synovex and the needed Anti E-s be adequate or should I look for something else as well? keep in mind two things when you respond.....finding anything I cannot do myself is going to be a real struggle (being a NEWBIE to this site) and I have never tried gear before with the exception of Transdermal 1-Test (which I found to be somewhat helpful in preserving mass during the early phases of this cut but how helpful I am not sure)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
wikked,
you sound like you are on the right track so far.. Now I guess the thing is to look at your training first, then look to the gear. I figure you are doing cardio, but how much and when. Also, you might want to revisit the 1-test. Also, if you post your diet, some of the other guys might be able to help you out there.

wikked1

Awards
Thanks Matthew.....my diet I track on fitday.com.....
here's the link http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Wikked1
As far as training goes I perform what I consider a standard 4 day split
Day1=Chest & Tris
Day2=Back & Bis
Day3=Cardio ONLY
Day4=Delts & Forearms
Day5=Legs
Abs are done EOD
Cardio is Minimum 4 days a week first thing in the AM on an empty stomach.
I have long since given up on the standard 3 sets 10 reps routine and even though I am not on gear I do considerable volume right now and I keep my rest periods as short as I can to keep my heart rate up during workout. I had worked out with a partner who was on gear (test and deca) problem was he shot off his mouth and it became obvious to everyone because he wouldn't shut up about it......at that time I did not want my natural gains to be attributed to the "His partner is geared up so he must be too" theory so I went on my own.......and even though he offered I would NEVER consider him as a source (loose lips)......and I am very low profile type......my real problem is I am busting my a$$ in the gym 6 days a week (plenty of recovery) but now I feel like you wouldn't even know I worked out unless you saw me doing it.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
My friend, you are fighting age bro. At your age your natty test levels have dropped probably, which will not make life any easier.

I have a few suggestions: First go to the doc and get T levels checked, getting a legal script foir T is NEVER a bad thing.

Second, if your not going that route, I would suggest a fina/4AD transdermal personally. Synovex conversion isnt hard, but it can be a pain in the ass. Fina and 4/AD are an easy combo to make and use.

Lastly, if I was in your shoes, I would just run a nice test/dbol type cycle, and have some fun, but thats just me :D

size

Awards
  • Established
I think part of your problem is that you are overtraining. At your age, your natural test levels are going to be lower and your body needs more time to recover. You say that you have been going to the gym nonstop 5 days a week for over a year. I think it would be wise to take 7-14 days off every two months if i were you. This would give your body full time to recover.
Also trying to reduce bf while gaining muscle is an EXTREMELY difficult task even when on anabolics. However since your bf is already relaitvely low, by simply adding lean body mass your bf levels will go down.

I think your goals are a little bit lofty, adding 20lbs. of lean mass is no easy task even when enhanced.
I agree about going to a doc and getting blood work done.

wikked1

Awards
Thanks guys advice appreciated .....and one final note, yeah fighting the hands of time SUX!
Dr. visit has been on my mind though I doubt he'll prescribe anything really good....but it never hurts to go legal first.....it's worth the co-pay to try.

Wardog:Fina ok for a first time? What I've read about it is that's it's good but not for the beginner. But the process is mounds easier!
Size :I have been wondering about the over-training thing quite a bit. I just don't suffer the symptoms they describe,but they are so vague about it :(

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Not Wardog but Fina for the beginner.. well you have to realize that you are going to have to jab yourself alot of time.. if you do everyday for 6 weeks with fina, then that is 42 times.. doesn't seem that much till you are doing it.

size

Awards
  • Established
Size :I have been wondering about the over-training thing quite a bit. I just don't suffer the symptoms they describe,but they are so vague about it :(
You might be overtraining or you might not be. Some people tend to suffer the symptoms of overtraining much quicker than others. I would just assume that since you are almost 40 that you would be much more likely to overtrain even w/o feeling/seeing the symptoms.
I am late 20's and i still take 10 days off after 10 weeks of lifting.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
He is talking fina transdermal bro. I wouldn't recommend fina inject to a newbie, however, a transdermal fina will transform your body. As I said, use 4-AD with it, to keep sex drive going OK, and yet you will still see some decrease as the cycle goes on.

Easiest way to go "grey area" is transdermal fina and 4-AD. This combo will give you solid quality results.

If your willing to go with a degree of risk, a fina transdermal, or getting a tren enth would be nice, and running it with test enth, every 4 days if you have tren enth, if you have transdermal, you apply 2x a day, and just shoot the test enth (or cyp) every 4 days or so.

db682

Awards
  • Established
1.I would recommend getting the true mindset that you want to do this and start to plan ahead. (youve pretty much got that covered, to an extent) Going from 180 to 225 while lowering your bodyfat % to 8 is not quick and easy task. Your looking at time and dedication bro. especially at 30. Working , schooling, family,etc.etc.etc. (lifestyle) play a major role in the success of a goal like this. Your talking bodybuilding bro, this aint just staying or getting physically fit.
2. See a doctor.
3. Learn as much as you can about PH's and AS's if your going to use them. A safe practice would be to write out as many questions about each that you can think of and use research to try and answer them. Most likely youll learn so much just through the research (no posting a thread of all your questions, thats cheating) that you should be able to answer most of your own novice questions. And no question is a dumb question. If you can think it its probably been asked.
4. Find a routine that you feel you can work with. Something challanging but not exhaustive to the point were you cant get to the gym every other day. You should probably be hitting the gym more like every other day to allow adaquete rest. Just cause you dont feel tired doesnt mean your body doesnt need rest.
5. Then put everything to use. Get your gear. warn your neighbors and put the kids to bed, cause its on.:D
And he grew happily ever after.
The End!
Good luck bro,
db

Then its time for poke,poke, rub,rub. Grow, GRow , GROW.

wikked1

Awards
You guys offered up some great responses and thoughts I appreciate them all Thanks! In summary I'd like to say that at this point the direction I will be heading looks like this. A visit with the Dr. I'm pretty sure I'm probably a prime candidate for HRT if only for age reasons alone and while this won't do a damn thing for increasing LBM it's better than running on 3/4 or so....right?
A Transdermal including Fina looks like the general concensus along with some 4-AD. (as it stands right now anyway) time has a way of changing thoughts and ideas) but it sounds good for now......OH
Suggested Anti-E's would liquid clomid do the trick of should I investigate something else (please remember sourcing is currently a problem) thanks

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
A visit with the Dr. I'm pretty sure I'm probably a prime candidate for HRT if only for age reasons alone and while this won't do a damn thing for increasing LBM it's better than running on 3/4 or so....right?
Hey Bro, I'm 43 and had the same thoughts.
About this time last year I did a cycle of ten wk test cyp 300mg wk/six wk tren 75mg EOD . (It was my first) Went from 215 to 225, but also cut b/f from 18% to 12%.
I was very pleased with the results. Followed this with three weeks Clomid Therapy. The Clomid made me feel like ****, and on top of that I got the flu. Couldn't train or eat right for about a month. Needleess to say I lost what were some nice lean gains and strength.
After about another month I was trying to train again, but felt lifeless and had zero energy. I went to my Dr. figuring I would be a prime candidate for HRT. I couldn't believe it when he told me my test levels were in the normal range. I guess if I try the family Dr. again I will make sure I am test supressed before I go see him.

my real problem is I am busting my a$$ in the gym 6 days a week (plenty of recovery) but now I feel like you wouldn't even know I worked out unless you saw me doing it.

IMHO if you are training natural 6 days a week you aren't getting plenty of recovery.
I was hitting it hard for the last 4-5 weeks at 5-6 days a week, cardio early AM and lifting late PM, trying to cut a little b/f before my vacation to the beach. I was using T-1 Final 1-test/4-AD transdermal during this time along with a low carb diet. My strength and intensity were good, but I was running out of energy pretty quick due to the low carbs. Also looked and felt a little flat. I went on vacation and was out of the gym for 9 days. During the time I was gone the only exercise I got was walking on the beach. I hated the thought of not being in the gym for over a week, but I knew I probably needed a few days off.
Believe it or not about the fourth or fifth day I was off I looked in the mirror and actually looked a little fuller and more defined. I didn't really realize at the time' but now I'm quite sure I was in an overtrained state prior to the time off. I will now take a week or so off from training every 4-5 months or so.

wikked1

Awards
Old Guy Thanks for the input. I should state my weight days in the gym are 5 days a week.......the 6th day is simply for cardio and abs.....but overtraining is a suspect here.......considering 4 day split with EOD being a Cardio/recovery day.....only thing is Friday & SAT will both be weight days.....(I'll see if I can stick with it!)
Interesting about the Dr. this is about what I expect out of my Dr. too.....I am not sure how to evaluate test levels (blood test is about the only way I'm sure) but knowing him he'll say I'm fine (he get's all dorked out when I tell him I want to put on weight using that dumb ass BMI chart...HOW LAME!!!!) I predict a "you're fine for your age speech and I don't want to be fine for my age I want to be awesome for me age.......so has anyone got any ideas on how I can tip the scales in my favor with the good old family physician??

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
Honestely most "family physicians" are going to fall into the same category as the uninformed public. Steroids are evil, weight loss aids are evil, hell some of them even think creatine is evil. My suggestion go to a mens health doctor who supports hrt there are specific clinics for it.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
so has anyone got any ideas on how I can tip the scales in my favor with the good old family physician??

You could artificially suppress your test level before getting your T-level tested. Schedule a test 5 weeks out and jump on a 4-week T1 Final cycle.

wikked1

Awards

You could artificially suppress your test level before getting your T-level tested. Schedule a test 5 weeks out and jump on a 4-week T1 Final cycle.
I considered this but I wonder since 1-Test supposedly shuts down natural test production why would it do so unless the body somehow saw the 1-test as test? (Does that makes sense?) I mean if 1-Test does put a halt on natural test production won't my body (and blood test) reveal PLENTY of test or will it clear out and leave me on empty during the week after? (slightly tilting the scales in my favor)? :D I like the way you guys think (like me)! :D

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
yes it will as you put it leave you near empty. post cycle recovery is meant to stimulate your testes to begin producing test faster but in your case you would want to schedule your appointment before you began post cycle but after all the 1-test+ 4ad was out of your system.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Both PH's in T1 Final (1-test and 4-AD) will cause natural test suppression.

size

Awards
  • Established
You can do things to suppress natural test levels if you are old enough and think you would be a good candidate for HRT.