Abcess treatment...

  1. Abcess treatment...


    It is a commonly overlooked cycle requirement but as important as the gear or anti-e's.  How could you explain a mid-myo abcess to your doc?  Simple: you don't!  Most use Cipro in case of abcess but the latest addition to the antibiotic line (Z-pak) has been used successfully by some and is just as easy to acquire.

    Remember, not only dirty gear will abcess.  If you inject too fast or too large of a volume it has the possibility to abcess even with the cleanest gear.

    Don't wait until you have your first abcess to start looking...get your antibiotics BEFORE starting your cycle.

    Chemo


  2. Z paks are great.. usually knock an infection in a bout 3-5 depending on what type of bacteria they are dealing with. Also on this same vein, make sure you wipe the injection site, and the top of the vial.. and for the love of god do not use the same damn needle more than once..

  3. LOL, I am a good boy scout, I am prepared
    •   
       


  4. Originally posted by wardog
    LOL, I am a good boy scout, I am prepared
    You my friend are prepared for a war! LOL J/K

  5. Originally posted by windwords7


    You my friend are prepared for a war! LOL J/K
    Hey!! How did you find out about the grenade launcher in case the DEA visited? I thought everybody had one as part of cycle preparations!!

  6. when i think of wardog, I think of that guy , Burt, in that movie Tremors. The guy who has a small compound out in the middle of nowhere stocked with automatic assault rifles and rations... maybe its just me

  7. Isn't colloidal silver also a decent natural anti-biotic ? Never heard of anyone use this for abcess treatment, but couldn't it theoretically be used for prevention

  8. Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    Isn't colloidal silver also a decent natural anti-biotic ? Never heard of anyone use this for abscess treatment, but couldn't it theoretically be used for prevention
    I saw a lady on tv who had a weird skin disease because she used a product that contained colloidal silver. Her skin started to turn a greyish-blue and she looked like a freak. Anyways I would steer clear of anything with colloidal silver.
    http://together.net/~rjstan/rose2.html

  9. can we make this a sticky?

  10. does the use of anti-biotics in conjunction with AS's have any drawbacks?

  11. bump .....where o where .......

  12. Do you need a script to get z-paks??

  13. not if you have the right friends

  14. lol....got those right friends b12? hehehehe

  15. Is it possible for an entire muscle to become infected, but not abscess? Doesn't an abscess also need to be drained? Is there any chance that an abscess will just go away on it's own?

  16. Originally posted by T-Bar
    Is it possible for an entire muscle to become infected, but not abscess? Doesn't an abscess also need to be drained? Is there any chance that an abscess will just go away on it's own?

    The muscle can be infected without an abcess, Gunter had a staph infection in his quad before the Olympia..

    It would be wise to have the abcess drained, no need in leaving dark pus in your body..

     

  17. Great post Chemo...

    I've rarely heard any mention of antibiotics in this forum.

    Call me a newbie if you will .... but what the hell does nbsb stand for and where can these z-packs be acquired? (They're legal aren't they?)

  18. prescrition on the z packs.. they are great.
    If you were asking about NBSP it is Nonline Breaking SPace

  19. yes .......got um.....

  20. One other thing dont let your doc prescribe Cipro unless he really feels you need it. It is truelly the strongest antibiotic against other infections ie psydomomus(sp) and staff. So if you were to ever get a serious infection, God forbid then there would be a chance that you would have to spend time in the hospital instead of home treatment, if you were to become immune to Cipro. And z packs are quick and easy!!
    Last edited by whale; 12-21-2003 at 11:16 PM.

  21. Yes if you build up an immunity to Cipro you are truly screwed in combating serious infections easily..

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Blatalian
    Great post Chemo...

    I've rarely heard any mention of antibiotics in this forum.

    Call me a newbie if you will .... but what the hell does nbsb stand for and where can these z-packs be acquired? (They're legal aren't they?)
    I don't know about the z-packs, but Instynct has Cipro powder listed on his site: http://www.teamliferesearch.com/misc.html
    I almost bought some for my sinus infection, but wound up just going to the doc. Twice... Amoxicillin sucks!

    edit: just saw your post whale - good info, thanks!

  23. anyone who thinks they have an absess should contact a mod asap....they can help you with info and resources

  24. What are Z-packs and where can they be obtained...price...dosage...wh en to use? thanks

  25. I combatted an abscess this past cycle of Tren and Test-E. The Test-E was QV and I know vet level gear is dirty to begin with, but I used it and low and behold I got an abscess. I used Pencillin at 2000mg/day for 4 days and the Minocycline at 300mg/day for another 4-5 days and the abscess gradually decreased and disappeared... the pain and redness was gone within the first day or 2. This wasn't the best way to go about it, but I had the anti-b's on hand already. I wouldn't rely on those particular ones by themselves again, but it did work for me.

  26. vet gear is not necessarily dirty, but sometimes the quality controls are not a rigid as human grade...

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    What are Z-packs and where can they be obtained...price...dosage...wh en to use? thanks
    I would like to know dosages.

    Awaiting reply from someone who knows.

  28. Anybody save that picture from SSB, from that kid that got a gnarly infection in his thigh from an inject ??

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MATT2388 View Post
    I would like to know dosages.

    Awaiting reply from someone who knows.
    ask ur doctor. and why the fuk did u bump a 4 year old thread?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by nosnmiveins View Post
    ask ur doctor. and why the fuk did u bump a 4 year old thread?
    Why make a new thread?

    This is fairly obvious why im gettin antibiotics, because i dont want the docter to know, it goes on med record and insurance.

    Anyone actually know?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by MATT2388 View Post
    Why make a new thread?

    This is fairly obvious why im gettin antibiotics, because i dont want the docter to know, it goes on med record and insurance.

    Anyone actually know?
    So playing doctor youself justifies what exactly?

    An abscess is a very treatable medical condition that resolves with pharmacological intervention. Your insurance is concerned with medical conditions that are permanent and require consistent treatment and medical management for control.

    I'll tell you this much, Azithromycin(Zithromax) is not the drug of choice for skin infections(cellulitis, abscess) anyway.

    Bactrim is much cheaper and provides better spectrum coverage for mild/moderate skin infections. However, with the surging cases of MRSA(Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus)abscess development, more potent antibiotics are needed for treatment. Clindamycin(Cleocin) or Vancomycin are needed for complicated cases.

    If this is something that is rapidly getting worse, get in to see your doctor so they can incise the wound(if need-be), do a wound culture, and get you on the right antibiotics.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  32. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    So playing doctor youself justifies what exactly?

    An abscess is a very treatable medical condition that resolves with pharmacological intervention. Your insurance is concerned with medical conditions that are permanent and require consistent treatment and medical management for control.

    I'll tell you this much, Azithromycin(Zithromax) is not the drug of choice for skin infections(cellulitis, abscess) anyway.

    Bactrim is much cheaper and provides better spectrum coverage for mild/moderate skin infections. However, with the surging cases of MRSA(Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus)abscess development, more potent antibiotics are needed for treatment. Clindamycin(Cleocin) or Vancomycin are needed for complicated cases.

    If this is something that is rapidly getting worse, get in to see your doctor so they can incise the wound(if need-be), do a wound culture, and get you on the right antibiotics.
    I dont have an infection but i want to take precautions...

    My source only has these, im a bit waery going elsewere as i find this source fantastic.


    INFECTIONS:

    Trimethoprim (also sold as Proloprim or Trimpex)

    E-Mycin (Erythromycin)

    Doxine (Doxycycline)

    Forcan / Zocon (Generic Diflucan)
    Forcan (Generic Diflucan) (Fluconazole)

    Zoxan (Generic Cipro)

    Zathrin (Generic Zithromax)

    Acyclovir (Generic Zovirax)

  33. Hold on here....advising someone to use an antibiotic as part of your cycle is absolutely horrible advice....First off, zithromax probably wont be prescribed if you have an abcess...it would be Cipro or Levaquin. Secondly, it will interfere with the absortion of oral anabolics, and lastly it will not be good for your long term health when you become immune to them.

    As an aside, I have personally witnessed 3 abcesses...One was on a lawyer who used to be trained by a friend of mine....he got one on his calf. He got a script quickly and turned out OK. The second was a figure competitor who came to me the day before the show. She had a pretty bad one on her ass, and she got a shot, and was prescribed levaquin...the last one was a former State Champ here who got one on his quad...he let it go long enough that they cut it out, packed it with gauze, and let it heal from the inside out. He now has a scar big and nasty enough that it looks like he got attacked by a freaking Bull Shark....

    Im not trying to throw names around to look or sound like an internet big boy....but I have helped everyone from local competitors to an IFBB Pro, to two UFC fighters, to WWE guys....I would NEVER ever recommend they do this...My absolute first suggestion would be to seek a doctor immediately.

    holyintellect

  34. Quote Originally Posted by holyintellect View Post
    Hold on here....advising someone to use an antibiotic as part of your cycle is absolutely horrible advice....First off, zithromax probably wont be prescribed if you have an abcess...it would be Cipro or Levaquin. Secondly, it will interfere with the absortion of oral anabolics, and lastly it will not be good for your long term health when you become immune to them.

    As an aside, I have personally witnessed 3 abcesses...One was on a lawyer who used to be trained by a friend of mine....he got one on his calf. He got a script quickly and turned out OK. The second was a figure competitor who came to me the day before the show. She had a pretty bad one on her ass, and she got a shot, and was prescribed levaquin...the last one was a former State Champ here who got one on his quad...he let it go long enough that they cut it out, packed it with gauze, and let it heal from the inside out. He now has a scar big and nasty enough that it looks like he got attacked by a freaking Bull Shark....

    Im not trying to throw names around to look or sound like an internet big boy....but I have helped everyone from local competitors to an IFBB Pro, to two UFC fighters, to WWE guys....I would NEVER ever recommend they do this...My absolute first suggestion would be to seek a doctor immediately.

    holyintellect
    Who are you referring too?

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  35. Im not referring to anyone....I just read the first post, and skimmed the next few.....maybe I should go back and rearead them but it looked distinctly to me like this was a thread advising antibiotics as part of your ancillaries.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by holyintellect View Post
    Im not referring to anyone....I just read the first post, and skimmed the next few.....maybe I should go back and rearead them but it looked distinctly to me like this was a thread advising antibiotics as part of your ancillaries.
    Ah.....i thought you were pointing at me. I was like WHAT! I do this everyday for a living, but i'm not about to advise ANYTHING over the internet to anyone.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  37. OK....maybe I should clarify my post....I went back and reread the initial posts and it looks like I misread it....I thought the thread starter was advising antibiotics as part of your ancillaries...I now see he was simply advising to have it on hand....big difference....

  38. Quote Originally Posted by holyintellect View Post
    OK....maybe I should clarify my post....I went back and reread the initial posts and it looks like I misread it....I thought the thread starter was advising antibiotics as part of your ancillaries...I now see he was simply advising to have it on hand....big difference....
    Zoxan (Generic Cipro)

    So i will get hold of this and if all the symptoms arise, I will then run this.

    The reason i picked Zithromax (z-paks) was because i read the thread chemo made, he advised to use it.

    I never use and proberly never will use oral steroids either
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DOMS Treatments (long but good)
    By Matthew D in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 07:53 PM
  2. abcess?
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 07:35 PM
  3. Does an abcess
    By juststarting in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 12:11 PM
  4. Medical Study on Back Pain Treatments
    By Dr of Golf in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 08:29 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Log in
Log in