Diet/Ph question

dodgeee-O

Awards
Ok this is kinda a diet question aswell as a ph question.
I'm been doing a keto cutting cycle with my homebrew (7g 1-test/7g 4-ad) for a little over a week now and the past few days my hunger is just killing me. I eat, and an hour and a half later i'm hungry again. My xenadrine is not curbing my appetite and i'm eating about 12 calories per pound (i started at 175lbs). I want to lose fat but also maximize my gains, so what should i do?
Usually my meals look something like this:
Morn - 75g cheese/75g garlic sausage
Mid Morn - 200g extra lean groundbeef 20g cheese
Lunch 200g lemon chicken and salad
Afternoon Snack - 3 hotdogs
Dinner - Salad/Veggies/200g steak

I'm always within 2000-2200 calories and I burn an extra 500 on the crosstrainer four days a week. Let me know if you guys think i should up my cals or what! Thanks a lot for your help!

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you could have a protein shake in between meals. Soy protein isolate is good to take during dieting, maybe you could pick up a can of Vege Fuel. I'm not sure about the calories in it, but the protein content is pretty good.

I've heard a lot of people say Xenadrine doesn't really help supress the appetite. Maybe you could look into something like Hydroxycut which is supposed to help supress it.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i second the idea of shakes. I heard vege fuel tastes ass. Soy is a good idea (but i wouldnt recommend centering your powder protein source around that....even on a diet). There are plenty of "BETTER" tasting low calorie shakes out there. One would be myoplex lite. Another, met-rx lite. (i prob recomend these the most b/c these are much thicker than other lower calorie meal replacements (i.e. low carb lean body, etc). Which for me, gets me fuller than a thinner shake. (hey, anything that helps right?) I never really diet (cuz my metabolism is pretty high and even at 170 now, im wanting the gain gain gain. So try those two out for either "fillers" between your whole meals or as lower cal. replacements. (bonus is that the "lite" versions of myoplex/metrx are cheaper than the regular or deluxe) many site you can get them from too.

Kay

Awards
Ok this is kinda a diet question aswell as a ph question.
I'm been doing a keto cutting cycle with my homebrew (7g 1-test/7g 4-ad) for a little over a week now and the past few days my hunger is just killing me. I eat, and an hour and a half later i'm hungry again. My xenadrine is not curbing my appetite and i'm eating about 12 calories per pound (i started at 175lbs). I want to lose fat but also maximize my gains, so what should i do?
Usually my meals look something like this:
Morn - 75g cheese/75g garlic sausage
Mid Morn - 200g extra lean groundbeef 20g cheese
Lunch 200g lemon chicken and salad
Afternoon Snack - 3 hotdogs
Dinner - Salad/Veggies/200g steak

I'm always within 2000-2200 calories and I burn an extra 500 on the crosstrainer four days a week. Let me know if you guys think i should up my cals or what! Thanks a lot for your help!
there are two phases to bodybuilding --- :D

1) Bulking Phase
2) Cutting Phase

It is biologically impossible to gain muscle mass and lose fat at the same time ... because cutting is a catabolic response, whereas muscle building is an anabolic response. They simply can't co-exist in the body at the same time, you can either have an overall catabolic environment or a overall anabolic environment.

Unless you are on some serious GH, it is virtually impossible to do the above .....
You can minimize fat gains while bulking, where your BF% can actually go down (because of lean gains)..... but your overall BF (total BF) will not go down while you are gaining muscle :)

wardog

Awards
  • Established
On a keto diet, I would recommend beef jerkey. I use it when ketoing, and just eat a little piece when I am hungry. I keep it in the car to munch on. Hogh in protein, and small servings.

Blacksmith

Awards
You could add in some natural peanut butter and
Flax seed oil. Seems to help me when I'm
cutting.

Get rid of those friggin hot dogs !!

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
You could add in some natural peanut butter and
Flax seed oil. Seems to help me when I'm
cutting.

Get rid of those friggin hot dogs !!
Big Bump on the flax oil and PB. :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
That looks a lot like my bulking diet :D

But seriously, cut out the hot dogs and I doubt that sausage is real low in fat. Im not a fan of Keto, I think it sucks. If you really want to lose some fat, you have to keep track of your calories exactly, unless you've done it so much you know exactly what you're doing, which isnt real common.....try this thread:

http://www.bdcnutrition.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=797

Sean

Awards
Soy has a low biological value. If you're actually going to rely on that as a main source of protein, you should probably take in extra.