Halodrol/H-Drol is Suppressive... My Scanned Blood Work Inside

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing people on the net say that H-Drol is not all that suppressive. Well, 2 weeks in on CEL's product (50 mg ED), I'm up about 5-6 pounds, noticeably harder, fuller, with noticeable strength gains. But I've been feeling like a$$ lately. Don't have the "destroy the world" mental focus that I had while on Rebound Reloaded / Activate (see blood work from last year below). Only thing that gets me motivated right now is my MMA class.

I figured.... low Testosterone without much compensatory androgenic activity from H-Drol (Oral Turinabol has like ZERO androgenic activity). And sure enough, I'm running low on the man fuel. Interestingly, no shrinkage and not much drop in libido [yet].

Liver enzymes up a little... I'm on AI cycle support but I'm backing down to 25 mg ED of H-Drol and stacking my remaining Rebound Reloaded + Activate to see if I can get some Test back (might as well use it all). The NHA stack is easy on the liver (see blood work from last year below). I'm feeling A LOT better already in one day. This makes me believe that the 6-bromo in Reloaded is, in part, a PRO-HORMONE, that produces an ANDROGENIC metabolite. I don't think HPTA stimulation via AI happens that quickly to [presumably] get my Testosterone back up. Maybe it does, I dunno. Another idea is to run Activate Extreme and pulse H-Drol or other oral to reduce liver stress and limit shutdown.

Bottom line is....

1. Don't let internet scientists tell you that Halodrol/H-drol is mild and not very suppressive. You need a good post cycle therapy (mine is Torem inverse to 6-oxo Extreme).

2. When doing cycles, you NEED Testosterone as a base. Otherwise, you feel like a$$. I go with OTC Testosterone-based stuff only because I make too much money to risk breaking the law. Since Rebound Reloaded is discontinued, possibly Activate Extreme may be a good choice to stack with orals (just speculating since no one has blood work on this yet) to keep Testosterone levels up and feeling good. Otherwise, maybe go with Pheraplex or another Testosterone-based derivative as a standalone. In retrospect, it now makes sense that the original Gaspari Halodrol-50 had DMT/Madol in it, to help keep you feeling good. They probably knew the pure compound will make you feel like crap, which I just found out first hand.

Stay tuned for more blood work in about a month. You guys are lucky to have a forum member who's got the paper [and smarts] to run blood work regularly to objectively evaluate OTC items! ;)

Attachment 1: Chem panel on NHA stack summer 2006.
Attachment 2: Testosterone levels on NHA stack summer 2006.
Attachment 3: Current liver Enzyme / Testosterone levels 2 weeks in on H-drol
Attachment 4: Current chem panel on H-Drol + NHA stack
Attachment 5: Testosterone and LH levels after 4 weeks PCT (Toremifene inverse to 6-OXO Extreme)

Attachments

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Interesting (we all knew that Halodrol was suppressive though right?). Interesting about the 6-bromo on cycle though...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Ofcourse a hormone mimicking compound is going to be supressive...anyone who didn't think that is an idiot.

But it's always good to see the bloodwork...

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I was interested to see that it doesn't seem to have that bad of an effect on your lipids. You don't have pre cycle bloodwork to compare, do you? Any time recently that you were clean?

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
I was interested to see that it doesn't seem to have that bad of an effect on your lipids. You don't have pre cycle bloodwork to compare, do you? Any time recently that you were clean?
You can go back to last summer's lipid levels, but that's a long time ago. Last I was on something was the NHA stack for 4 weeks. Back in March of 2007.

I can get some more detailed lipid work this weekend for HDL/LDL, triglycerides, etc. That's covered through insurance. As long as they're normal I'll assume there wasn't much change from pre-cycle levels even if I didn't take the time to get them measured.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I always just assumed it was harsher on the lipids...no need for more detail, i wouldn't truly understand it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I always just assumed it was harsher on the lipids...no need for more detail, i wouldn't truly understand it.

I wouldnt understand either, but I would like to see hdl, ldl, total chol for tdoay, I might have missed it in the pics, but the first page, I guess from long ago has those results, it would be of interest to see where those levels are today.

Edit:saw that old cholesterol total was 160, now 189, not terrible, but still would like hdl,ldl.

Last edited:
UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
interesting, i experienced no suppression at all on Hemadrol
i think in most cases it is not very suppressive

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd like to help you out before this prohormone interferes with your blood levels any further. Feel free to send me the rest of your H-drol.

RBKing

Awards
H-drol was not very suppressive for me, but I took it in the morning at 6 am, any thing taken late in the day will be more suppressive. Hdrol relatively speaking is LESS suppressive.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to help you out before this prohormone interferes with your blood levels any further. Feel free to send me the rest of your H-drol.
you did'nt, yes you did. you beat me to it.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
H-drol was not very suppressive for me, but I took it in the morning at 6 am, any thing taken late in the day will be more suppressive. Hdrol relatively speaking is LESS suppressive.
Unless you have Test levels measured you wouldn't know. Going by overall subjectively feeling isn't completely worthless... I'm just providing hard data that's all.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
All of you who stated it wasn't suppressive...care to back it up?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
of course its suppressive. why else would you run a pct? theres some people saying that the 6-bromo in rr is suppressive. anyone who thinks halodrol or its clones arent suppressive should not be doing pro-hormones.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you have Test levels measured you wouldn't know. Going by overall subjectively feeling isn't completely worthless... I'm just providing hard data that's all.
You are focusing on blood levels while on a pro hormone but then suggest PP instead. I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying that having a blood test 2 weeks into a SD, PP, or tren cycle would be more detrimental on blood values than H-drol.

If everyone paniced at altered blood levels, no one would make it past week 2 in a cycle.

Posting your blood levels is appreciated. It does prove that ph's can be detrimental to your health. Thanks.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, as already stated it is suppressive. But something that is very suppressive for one person may not hold true over every individual. But posting bloodwork is helpful....very helpful.

Wish more people would do it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
between cycles,pct and natty test boosters it seems like i am on some kind of test altering supplement 9 months out of the year. i think for blood test to be valid i would have to be clean for at least 3 months after pct. of course that would mean that i would have to be clean for 3 months pre cycle.

lifthardheavy

Awards
I wouldnt understand either, but I would like to see hdl, ldl, total chol for tdoay, I might have missed it in the pics, but the first page, I guess from long ago has those results, it would be of interest to see where those levels are today.

Edit:saw that old cholesterol total was 160, now 189, not terrible, but still would like hdl,ldl.
I'll bet anything his HDL tanked. I went on superdrol and my total cholesterol went from 153 to 188. Not bad you say? My HDL went from 38 to 15.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll bet anything his HDL tanked. I went on superdrol and my total cholesterol went from 153 to 188. Not bad you say? My HDL went from 38 to 15.
damn, what support supps were you taking? i heard that sd was harsh but thats crazy. have you had tests done again?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn, what support supps were you taking? i heard that superdrol was harsh but thats crazy. have you had tests done again?
Actually the trashing of HDL is the norm with Superdrol. That's what really makes Superdrol scary!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually the trashing of HDL is the norm with Superdrol. That's what really makes Superdrol scary!
i ran hema/prop last summer. when i had my annual checkup 2 months ago my doctor said everything showed up fine. if i remember it was under 190. dont remember hdl/ldl. but the doc said it was good to go. memo to self-never do superdrol.

lifthardheavy

Awards
Oral steroids will jack up your lipids, there's little you can do about it. TD & injectables will also have a negative impact but to a lesser degree. Some lucky people won't have any problems but most will. My results weren't even that bad. I heard of some people's HDL going to 10 and their TC/HDL ratio near 20.

The supplements like RYR are useless on cycle unless you have the worst diet and poor cholesterol levels to begin with (in which case you shouldn't take aas). They give peace of mind, that's about it. If you take steroids, you accept the cardio risk.

The good news is that your values return to normal pretty quickly (1 month).

lifthardheavy

Awards
i ran hema/prop last summer. when i had my annual checkup 2 months ago my doctor said everything showed up fine. if i remember it was under 190. dont remember hdl/ldl. but the doc said it was good to go. memo to self-never do superdrol.
you ran a cycle a year ago but only recently did bloodwork? that won't prove anything. you need to do it during the cycle. when I ran the tests 1 month after my SD cycle, everything was normal.

generally, test will reduce your HDL to some degree.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you ran a cycle a year ago but only recently did bloodwork? that won't prove anything. you need to do it during the cycle. when I ran the tests 1 month after my superdrol cycle, everything was normal.

generally, test will reduce your HDL to some degree.
i did'nt get blood test done to prove anything. im 49 and get a yearly physical plus blood test. i am agreeing with you, if the cycle did affect my levels, it would appear its only temporary.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes it should be temporary, if the chemical imbalances were permanent you'd be fukked after a few oral cycles.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
You are focusing on blood levels while on a pro hormone but then suggest PP instead. I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying that having a blood test 2 weeks into a superdrol, PP, or tren cycle would be more detrimental on blood values than H-drol.

If everyone paniced at altered blood levels, no one would make it past week 2 in a cycle.

Posting your blood levels is appreciated. It does prove that ph's can be detrimental to your health. Thanks.
I suggested that one should have something androgenic while on cycle to maintain the "feel good" mentality... nothing else. H-drol, while being a decent anabolic, doesn't provide that same feeling as injectable Testosterone or oral Testosterone preparations like DMT.

My main point wasn't about what's easier on blood values, but but rather about maintaining endgenous Testosterone levels via RR/Act or use another androgenic compound to prevent the crappy feeling I went through while on H-drol solo. Of course, everyone responds differently. Halo is a great compound for me thus far... just not as a solo. Just giving a heads up to others thinking of Halo clones. :thumbsup:

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Stay tuned for more blood work in about a month. You guys are lucky to have a forum member who's got the paper [and smarts] to run blood work regularly to objectively evaluate OTC items! ;)
I must say that I really appreciate the fact that you post your bloodwork for these compounds. Your willingness to share this information truely makes you an asset to this board. Reps.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
2. When doing cycles, you NEED Testosterone as a base. Otherwise, you feel like a$$. I go with OTC Testosterone-based stuff only because I make too much money to risk breaking the law. Since Rebound Reloaded is discontinued, possibly Activate Extreme may be a good choice to stack with orals (just speculating since no one has blood work on this yet) to keep Testosterone levels up and feeling good. Otherwise, maybe go with Pheraplex or another Testosterone-based derivative as a standalone. In retrospect, it now makes sense that the original Gaspari Halodrol-50 had DMT/Madol in it, to help keep you feeling good. They probably knew the pure compound will make you feel like crap, which I just found out first hand.
Unfortunately for myself, even madol decreased my libido. Had some ED problems as well towards the end of the cycle which sucked pretty bad. It was a lot better than 1AD or superdrol were however.
So many factors contribute to libido, its almost impossible to predict how many these compounds will effect it.

Your response to 6-bromo in terms of libido is interesting, as I agree that this provides some evidence that it may in fact have some androgenic activity (not necessarily a bad thing). I would be curious to see how this compound does when stacked with some of the other popular orals out there. I think that adding 6-bromo + DHEA , formestane + DHEA, or Jungle Warfare's ADED (6-DMT) + DHEA would provide a decent 4AD alternative to reduce some of the nasty libido sides attributed to these newer designer orals. These all have anti-aromatase activity which should in theory increase test conversion from the supplemented DHEA. I'd be curious to see others try this approach.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
You cannot determine level of supression based upon how you feel. Just because you don't feel shut down doesn't mean that HPTA is supressed. For example; injecting testosterone will not make you feel supressed, but exogenous test will surely decrease natural test production...in effect causing supression.

So yeah, I agree with pumping...I'd like to see how you determined that you weren't that shut down.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would be curious to see how this compound does when stacked with some of the other popular orals out there. I think that adding 6-bromo + DHEA , formestane + DHEA, or Jungle Warfare's ADED (6-DMT) + DHEA would provide a decent 4AD alternative to reduce some of the nasty libido sides attributed to these newer designer orals. These all have anti-aromatase activity which should in theory increase test conversion from the supplemented DHEA. I'd be curious to see others try this approach.
Interesting point about a potential alternative to 4AD while on...I've been thinking lately that if I ever run SD, I would stack it with some transdermal 4AD...the thing that would concern me most about this approach however is the potential for the 4AD to further impact lipid values, and in particular HDL...a close friend of mine has speculated that 4AD, being an aromatizeable compound as it converts to test, would actually aid in this regard (i.e. improve lipid values) but I am still skeptical...anyone have an opinion??

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You cannot determine level of supression based upon how you feel. Just because you don't feel shut down doesn't mean that HPTA is supressed. For example; injecting testosterone will not make you feel supressed, but exogenous test will surely decrease natural test production...in effect causing supression.

So yeah, I agree with pumping...I'd like to see how you determined that you weren't that shut down.
everyone by now has got to agree that exogenous test will suppress natural test, the question is, by how much. to determine this i feel you would have to establish baseline by being clean of test altering substances 3 months pre and prior to any exogenous test cycle. to those who dont believe pro-hormones shut you down, i have just one thing to say-pct.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd keep running the halodrol at 50mgs as the cycle appears its going well. No way around supression with steroids or prohormones. Supression and sh!tty lipid profiles is all part of it. You'll bounce back quickly after the cycle. I'm surprised liver values where off already at the 2 week mark.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established

Got some more bloodwork. See above. Lipids took a tiny hit, but still in the acceptable range. I do a lot of cardio, so that might help keep the lipids in check. I think I might be the first person on the net to post such detailed labs on halo!

A little concerned about increasing liver enzyme levels, but I'm aymptomatic (no abdominal pains, no jaundice, no lethargy, etc) and I only have one week of halo left while I transition to NHA stack only. I just started on NOW Liver Detox tabs to see if it helps. Just for reference, people with hepatitis have values in the hundreds and sometimes 1000+.

Feeling great otherwise. The NHA stack is really helping me keep my mood and energy up while I continue to gain from halo.

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see some bloodwork from Halo. :thumbsup:
I am about to go into week 5 on Halodrol + H-Drol and wonder how suppressive this cycle really is. So far mood is great, libido is really up, not really any noticeable shrinkage and feel like a monster in the gym lol. I just go from one exercise to the other without really any rest, feel like damn Conan the Destroyer :icon_lol:

Cycle details
Start weight 182.5 lbs.
Current weight 193 lbs.
Week 1 50mg Halodrol-50
Week 2 50mg Halodrol-50
Week 3 50mg Halodrol-50 + 25mg H-Drol
Week 4 50mg Halodrol-50 + 25mg H-Drol
Week 5 50mg Halodrol-50 + 25mg H-Drol

I have bloodwork from last year and at that time I had no experience with any PH's or any supplements besides protein and CEE. I did the NHA stack before this cycle and RR really lowered my Libido A LOT which surprised me since some people say the opposite? I asked my Doctor if I could get some blood work to see how my test levels were and she said if I am having normal erections then I dont need the blood work. How do you go about getting blood work for test levels? I want to get blood work this week.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you go about getting blood work for test levels? I want to get blood work this week.
Well at the age of 26, it may be tough...I'm 37 and tried telling my doc that my libido was noticeably down...he suggested that, if the condition persisted, I should have my test levels checked...I haven't done this yet but I will be doing so in the near future...problem is that, again according to my doc, the lab test is not covered by my provincial insurance coverage (i.e. I live in Canada) so I will need to ante up to cover the cost. For me, it'll be money well spent though.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
How do you go about getting blood work for test levels? I want to get blood work this week.
Directlabs.com if you want to pay straight up for it. Think I paid about $100 for liver panel and total Testosterone. Look at this way... people often spend $500+ per cycle to get illegal stuff. You're on OTC stuff that costs you about $100 per cycle including PCT. Spend the extra to keep yourself in check. If you can't spare the coin for your health then don't do steroids.

To get lipids on insurance, you can make up something about how you have a family history of high cholesterol and you want to start getting annual or semi-annual blood work. No respectable doctor will deny you based on that.

You don't wanna tell your doctor you're on steroids... once it goes into your medical records you never know if an insurance company is gonna get their hands on it.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Update after 4 weeks post cycle therapy:

Testosterone levels overshot using Toremifene + 6-OXO Extreme inverse. I was surprised that I've been able to hold on to all of the 13 pounds I've gained, while continuing to make strength gains during post cycle therapy. Probably because I've been cruising at endogenous Testosterone levels about twice my baseline. My sex drive has been out of control lately too.... I'm a danger to the female population right now. The bad thing is that I haven't been able to sleep straight through the night without waking up a couple times to stick my wanker in something. As a result, I've been taking a lot of late afternoon naps.

LH is normal, which is obviously good.

My next cycle is gonna be an 8 week low dose 6-OXO Extreme + pulsing H-Drol. I felt my gains really took off on the last week of the 5 week H-drol cycle and the first week of high-dose Toremifene (120 --> 90mg per day). So I'm gonna go with a longer, but lighter dosing scheme. Plus I'm trying to limit the almost debilitating muscle pumps (which probably can be avoided nonetheless by maintaining a good stretching regimen). My idea is to try to keep endogenous Testosterone levels high as well while on cycle.

Overall, I think the PCT regimen I used is very effective. The overshoot of Testosterone probably means I won't see any additional benefit using a cortisol blocker (which will save money). Personally, I think cortisol blockers are bunk. The tangible physiological effects are probably so marginal it's not worth the money. I'm not so convinced on AI cycle support either. My liver enzymes still went up when using it, although all my other blood chemistry was normal while on H-drol. I think just plain water and electrolytes are your best ancillaries while on H-drol.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's great to see some bloodwork done with H-DROL. I've used it myself and found it to be a quality mild compound. Reps for the hard work and effort. Good luck with the future cycle bro.

Edit: i'm whored out at the moment, but i'll hit ya with some reps for this when i can.