17b-Methoxytrienosterone Analysis (FTIR)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I recently purchased and tested a popular brand of "17b-Methoxytrienosterone" because I have received many inquiries as to what it might actually be. I took the contents of 10 randomly selected caps from the bottle and did a rapid extraction with ~10ml of cold methanol. I then filtered the solvent through a 0.2mic PTFE Whatman syringe filter and evaporated the extract over extremely low heat in the absence of light. The yield was a distinctly yellow, apparently pure crystalline solid. By USP 197<K> analysis method, I prepared a KBr pellet with some of the material and performed an infrared scan (reference attachment.)

It would appear that this compound is indeed a ketone but also appears to possess at least 1 hydroxyl function (with some possible cellulose contamination from the many shoulders in that region.) The presence of a methoxy function is inconclusive. The alkene stretch is significant, maybe not enough so to be a triene, nevertheless it could be. It is certainly a typical steroidal hydrocarbon but without further analysis, I can not say for certain. I would need to test additional brands, do some UV quantitative analysis and test the cousin product called 'TRN' also to get a better understanding of what this truly is. A GC/MS analysis could also provide some additional insights, so sorry guys, this is all I can do for now. All I can say is that it's not what I would expect 17b-Methoxytrienosterone to look like, but I can't rule it out either. Therefore, I have no solid conclusion as to it's identity at this point.

View attachment 17588

Last edited:
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my test results showed the same thing Dr. D :)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My reps are a little too lumpy apparently Doc, and need some spreadin' :study:

thanks!!!!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DR.D again.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
you have pretty good penmanship for a chemist. Kudos. :D

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
Looking for a explanation Dr. D,

Is a triene an aromatic?
If it is true around 1900 it seems there is aromatic overtones.
And couldn't the stretch at 2856 be a OCH3?
Although the two stretches make it the CH3 and CH2?
If the CH2 is anti that just describe the fact that the methyl was added anti?

Sorry about all the questions my orgo is rusty. lol

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established

Is a triene an aromatic?

Tri-ene does not imply aromaticity.

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
Ok I see what you are saying, does this have a triene, similar to tren? then with a methoxy group for oral availablility?

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
im very interested in seeing what you finally come up with.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
you have pretty good penmanship for a chemist. Kudos. :D
Thanks! I was trying hard to write as legibly as possible so you guys could actually read it. I almost used the 'annotate' function just because my writing is usually so bad, lol. It usually looks like the chicken scratch a recent stoke victim might scribble out or something. :)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

Is a triene an aromatic?

"Is a triene an aromatic?"

- Only if it's in the same ring system.

"If it is true around 1900 it seems there is aromatic overtones."

- Could be, but I have never really seen anything like this before in the 2700-1900 cm-1 range before, it's just bizarre. The peak at 780 could be some ring puckering though if it is indeed aromatic.

"And couldn't the stretch at 2856 be a OCH3?"

- What's more intriguing is the multiple shoulders or tiny inflections in the OH region. I ran a 7 point smoothing filter on the scan to accentuate the major peaks for you guys, but in the raw data scan these tiny peaks (I speculated may be traces of residual cellulose) do somewhat resemble the patterns I've seen in steroidal 3-methyl ethers, so who knows.

"Although the two stretches make it the CH3 and CH2?"
- It appears so, yes. The whole alkane region there is extremely under-pronounced though, weird.

"If the CH2 is anti that just describe the fact that the methyl was added anti?"

- Symmetry will reduce intensity so I was mainly just going on gut instinct based on my experience with these things. I just need molecular weights and fragment patters from an MS before I could verify these things to establish a good guess. Without a standard, it's tough to properly characterize at first, at least in this case it seems.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Not yet, but VOODOO was kind enough to say he'd send me a whole box of Trenadol to test, what a swell guy!

OK, actually he said screw you, you have to buy your own bottle. J/K

I need to get a variety of other brands, just been swamped again lately with certain 'haters' trying to distract me. You guys should protect me better if you want faster testing. :)

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
Not yet, but VOODOO was kind enough to say he'd send me a whole box of Trenadol to test, what a swell guy!

OK, actually he said screw you, you have to buy your own bottle. J/K

I need to get a variety of other brands, just been swamped again lately with certain 'haters' trying to distract me. You guys should protect me better if you want faster testing. :)
LOL! Way to volunteer me there!

I suggest testing trenadrol and mtrn as well, it would be good to see the two in a side by side comparison.

propho

Awards
  • Established
damn i'm outta the loop.. coulda someone list off a bunch of prods that have this in it.. i have no clue what this is.. and also no need to attack a particular brand if it's totally obvious who's prod was tested..

propho

Awards
  • Established
or you could just tell me what prod was tested.. i don't have stocks in their company =P

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
If you're talking about 17b-Methoxytrienosterone, only one brand was actually released. Methoxy-TST by BioScience Technologies.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you're talking about 17b-Methoxytrienosterone, only one brand was actually released. Methoxy-TST by BioScience Technologies.

I think trenadrol is the same thing or at least that is the claims I've heard.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are confusing "17b-methoxy-triensterone" and "17b-methoxy-trienbolone".

References to both Methoxy TST and Mega/Methoxy-TRN have been made.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Ahh great.. glad I didn't buy any of that... Guess maybe that was why it was on clearance =P

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea all around,One brand...on clearence because....who the fu'k wants to invest their life on a skechy compound...do we still know what it is........no........,do we know what it does,somewhat kills your hairline,and gives massive acne....worthless garbage..........much better options out there....enough is enough..if u take this crap ur a moron......reply if u want but what are you taking????.....nuf said.....thanks dr.d for your imput...betcha big cat thinks it's great......hahahaha

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
You guys are confusing "17b-methoxy-triensterone" and "17b-methoxy-trienbolone".

References to both Methoxy TST and Mega/Methoxy-TRN have been made.
Dr D. wants to test methoxy tren as well. This is why I refered to trenadrol and mtrn.

Sorry to confuse anyone. Methoxy TST is a totally different product, though apparently its popular to stack methoxy test and methoxy tren though I never have.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I hear ya, but others were getting confused :D

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
yea all around,One brand...on clearence because....who the fu'k wants to invest their life on a skechy compound...do we still know what it is........no........,do we know what it does,somewhat kills your hairline,and gives massive acne....worthless garbage..........much better options out there....enough is enough..if u take this crap ur a moron......reply if u want but what are you taking????.....nuf said.....thanks dr.d for your imput...betcha big cat thinks it's great......hahahaha
Yeah, I think big cat loves it. He told me he only feels half as gay as he use to now. :lol:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I think big cat loves it. He told me he only feels half as gay as he use to now. :lol:
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
I recently purchased and tested a popular brand of "17b-Methoxytrienosterone" because I have received many inquiries as to what it might actually be. I took the contents of 10 randomly selected caps from the bottle and did a rapid extraction with ~10ml of cold methanol. I then filtered the solvent through a 0.2mic PTFE Whatman syringe filter and evaporated the extract over extremely low heat in the absence of light. The yield was a distinctly yellow, apparently pure crystalline solid. By USP 197<K> analysis method, I prepared a KBr pellet with some of the material and performed an infrared scan (reference attachment.)

It would appear that this compound is indeed a ketone but also appears to possess at least 1 hydroxyl function (with some possible cellulose contamination from the many shoulders in that region.) The presence of a methoxy function is inconclusive. The alkene stretch is significant, maybe not enough so to be a triene, nevertheless it could be. It is certainly a typical steroidal hydrocarbon but without further analysis, I can not say for certain. I would need to test additional brands, do some UV quantitative analysis and test the cousin product called 'TRN' also to get a better understanding of what this truly is. A GC/MS analysis could also provide some additional insights, so sorry guys, this is all I can do for now. All I can say is that it's not what I would expect 17b-Methoxytrienosterone to look like, but I can't rule it out either. Therefore, I have no solid conclusion as to it's identity at this point.

View attachment 17588

Ok, I saw some days ago this page:

http://www.ergogenics.org/blog4.html

It says after some tests the compound in M-TRN and M-TST is the same...:wtf:

I believe I saw some review or reference about this issue in bodybuilding.com board (in a thread about ALRI JW's questioned compound if I remember well...) but not conclusion resulted (as quite often happens...:trout: )

Any news about this issue???:blink:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established

I believe I saw some review or reference about this issue in bodybuilding.com board (in a thread about ALRI JW's questioned compound if I remember well...) but not conclusion resulted (as quite often happens...:trout: )

Going by personal use, I don't think these 2 are the same judging by their characteristics/results. Also, it wouldn't make much sense for their creator to suggest stacking the 2 :blink: Lot of bad info out there on that the Internet...

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

I think the confusion is that they are testing for certain metabolites of steroids. The metabolites can be identical or very similar from DIFFERENT steroids. So, they get a metabolite that is most commonly associated with DBOL and they assume the steroid in question is DBOL. It's a backward way of measuring what the steroid is if you don't have reference parameters.

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
I've stayed away from TRN for the reason that no one knows what the heck is in it, if there is even anything in there that could be active at all (I've had doubts due to some of the chemistry talk about it on another forum last year).

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've stayed away from TRN for the reason that no one knows what the heck is in it, if there is even anything in there that could be active at all (I've had doubts due to some of the chemistry talk about it on another forum last year).
but were talkin about methoxy TST....not trn???

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah, sorry. TRN is enigmatic too, and I'd like to know what that actually is as well.
you and me both brother...i have a sh*tload of both and not sure why i bought them...:blink: ..oh well it's better than spending it on some random hoe,or girlfriend..hahahaha:twisted:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DR.D, so what is the deal on this? I know you are a busy man but get moving :whip:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established

Interesting. I have not done any follow up testing to confirm the identity of these other brands, but it would help shed some light on things once I have time. Been busy making new supps for you guys. ;)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I have not done any follow up testing to confirm the identity of these other brands, but it would help shed some light on things once I have time. Been busy making new supps for you guys. ;)
How bout makeing me a new supp Doc? :thumbsup:

You can name it "Xtradrol" :lol:

RBKing

Awards
How bout makeing me a new supp Doc? :thumbsup:

You can name it "Xtradrol" :lol:
I created a new supp, but since I ripped off Applied Neutraceuticals, you Dr D, and PA, I wont say what's in it. I call it RPG and its just for my consumption.