Law Enforcement and Steroids

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i was contemplating getting a job as a corrections officer out here in socal and was wondering if anyone knew their stance on steroid use?

in all obviousness they wont allow you to use illegal steroids BUT the wonderfull "supplements" we all have now are sometimes precursors or prohormones to other definately illegal steroids (M1,4ADD/AD and Dbol/boldenone) and wondered if they tested fo steroid use in applying for a position. Ive allready answered a preliminary back ground test to see if i am applicable and on there was a question about past drug use, steroids were included, and im sure in the oral reveiw there will be questioning regarding steroid use. What we take now is not scheduled and ignorance can be feigned as to what are considered supplements now.... but what about testing? do they test blood and/or urine for such use?

if so its not an issue as i can discontinue use when it comes time (not in the near future) and run a pct and then allow enough clearance time in order to get the position just wondering if its even necessary to do so?

thanks all.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
im trying to be a fireman with LAFD and one of the questions believe it or not is have you taken any "designer drugs" so i dont know but ust remember passing the oral is 100% of the job

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
They're not going to pay for the testing required for steroid testing. I don't think anybody other than professional sports organizations do this. GC/MS is a bit too expensive to be doing frequently with thousands and thousands of people. Probably cost most large cities millions every year just to test their cops off roids.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
U should be ok. When I took the lie dectecter test I failed the part when he asked do I take drugs. I said no and afterwards I explained to him that I wanted to use steroids and have used PH's. Everything was cool. As for piss tests they give u one and as far as I know they are only looking for stuff like weed, crack and so on. But if u blew 20lbs in a small timeframe they will prob probe and investigate.

But in short u should be perfectly fine esp if u passed the background part.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
poopys oral skills are 100%
I think quite a few of use can attest to that...

But I know quite a few correctional officers who juice regularly...You'll be fine.

Lightning

Awards
I would imagine that different localities and Departments have different policies and testing criteria. Ronnie Coleman is a reserve police officer. I dont know if they go through the same testing,but I would guess they would.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
U should be ok. When I took the lie dectecter test I failed the part when he asked do I take drugs. I said no and afterwards I explained to him that I wanted to use steroids and have used PH's. Everything was cool. As for piss tests they give u one and as far as I know they are only looking for stuff like weed, crack and so on. But if u blew 20lbs in a small timeframe they will prob probe and investigate.

But in short u should be perfectly fine esp if u passed the background part.
so that was the extent of the questioning regarding drugs in general? "Have you used drugs" with a lie dectecor and then an explination of your results afterwords?

mainly cause i have had past experience with marijuana as well (i think bout 75% the population has) and am willing to admit it if asked directly but if i can pass by stating my missed answer with a like response only regarding questionably legal designer steroids it would be preferable..... as im not the kind of person to do such any more and am more worried about my families well being and personal physical progress.

thanks for all the input guys... n ya PI i know of fellas as well that are now C.O.'s and use but didnt kwo what they had to do for the initail application....btw both you guys said my "oral" specialties would be kept between us... :jaw:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I was always taught if you are good at something, you should share it with others.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well youve gone and done it for yourself... ive received such an overwhelming response from veiwers ive decided to now charge... looks like youve just "shared" yourself outta freebies :hammer:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most correction officer positions do not require a poly and will not just randomly test for AS. Poly jobs get you in a round about way depending on what you took but you're afforded a chance to explain yourself prior to strapping in. you have a questionaire that lets you explain things. Some depts. allow different drugs to be tried a certain number of times.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Polygraph tests are crap anyway. If lie detector tests were accurate, a huge portion of criminal cases would immediately be thrown out/ended/etc. I think they use them simply as a way to scare out the idiots.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really Kwyk. They use them to see how honest and open the officers will be so they can somewhat believe later on they will do the same when under the same types of stress. They do serve a purpose...Don't take one if you plan on lying though. If you fail a poly you are usually disqualified for life from that dept. Even depts that don't require polys will require one if you failed another.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think you have to go through the same process and academy to get into a CO position here as the LAPD, plus id like to have the option of doing that as well... havnt decided yet... i still have a lil homework to do first on C.O. exactly first. but again thanks all for the input, its greatly appreciated.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Not really Kwyk. They use them to see how honest and open the officers will be so they can somewhat believe later on they will do the same when under the same types of stress. They do serve a purpose...Don't take one if you plan on lying though. If you fail a poly you are usually disqualified for life from that dept. Even depts that don't require polys will require one if you failed another.
I'd agree its a good way to tell whether or not a person is going to be open and honest, or "has nothing to hide". That's pretty much what I meant when I said they're there to scare the idiots out.

But, my argument was that they don't really work. Some people just get nervous. And when a machine graphs blood pressure, respiration, perspiration, and pulse it works horribly as a means of proving anything.

Give a nervous wreck a poly on something he was not guilty of and he could fail easily, and give a sociopath a poly on something he is guilty of and he may pass with flying colors. That's why they're rarely used for trials.

Polygraphs may have a purpose, but I still think they're stupid.

I <3 U

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Now that I think about it, the only (almost) flawless use of polygraph testing would probably be for testing whether or not the ladies are lying when they say it was good. :D j/k i know ladies get worked up when they fake it too :'(

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
so that was the extent of the questioning regarding drugs in general? "Have you used drugs" with a lie dectecor and then an explination of your results afterwords?

mainly cause i have had past experience with marijuana as well (i think bout 75% the population has) and am willing to admit it if asked directly but if i can pass by stating my missed answer with a like response only regarding questionably legal designer steroids it would be preferable..... as im not the kind of person to do such any more and am more worried about my families well being and personal physical progress.

thanks for all the input guys... n ya PI i know of fellas as well that are now C.O.'s and use but didnt kwo what they had to do for the initail application....btw both you guys said my "oral" specialties would be kept between us... :jaw:
I don't remember the exact questions he changed the words around and asked the question 4 different times. Now one of the cops I work with use to do drugs really bad. I remember riding with him before the academy and he told me about all of the crap he has done.

Be honest as best as u can. It was easy for me since he didn't ask anything specific.

It was kinda scary he came back in afterwards and asked again if I did or have done drugs and I was like no but I do want to use steroids and have used PH's and he said let me go talk to the Lt and Cheif. A few mintues later he said it was ok but I could tell he thought I was lying he was such an *******.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
BTW the academy will be really fun. Big muscles don't mean squat to these guys. I guess its para-military in every state and love to pick on people. We had this one cat who didn't pass the PT tests and OMG the stuff they did and said to him had my dying inside but I couldn't show it. Meal time was the worst. The food sucked and they give u 15min to eat. 4 am runs wow that was harsh. The Troopers get it the worst not sure how bad CO's get it they didn't have a class when I went.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya im def not lookin forward to too much of it... i dont like runing and havnt done it religiously since i had to for wrestling but there i did it ALOT, i also still (snow)board regularly but thats a seasonal thing and im sure my endurance is already shot by this time of year, i hate cardio and am scared what its going to do to my muscles specially if these schmucks are not letting me eat properly... oh well its worth it for a little bit.

lol i know its riskay but you suppose i could bring in a "multi vitamin" (read some epi or something in a vitamin bottle) in order to help preserve muscle mass while in the academy or is it not even a possibility.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
ya im def not lookin forward to too much of it... i dont like runing and havnt done it religiously since i had to for wrestling but there i did it ALOT, i also still (snow)board regularly but thats a seasonal thing and im sure my endurance is already shot by this time of year, i hate cardio and am scared what its going to do to my muscles specially if these schmucks are not letting me eat properly... oh well its worth it for a little bit.

lol i know its riskay but you suppose i could bring in a "multi vitamin" (read some epi or something in a vitamin bottle) in order to help preserve muscle mass while in the academy or is it not even a possibility.
I shrunk alot while up there. I took protein bars up there. At the academy that I went to they had certain spots they didn't check it was the little kitchen area between rooms. Def sneak in good stuff. Cause 3 crappy meals won't cut it.

I am sure u can do pullups if not u will be last to eat lol. Dude the academy in Selma, Alabama was so hard. State Troopers ran this joint and they were all ex-military on an on air force base. I still don't understand why the troopers got it so hard they don't do nearly as much **** as we do.

PT test was nothing. Just the pointless am running was worthless. I chased a few cats down when I first started but they gets old fast lol.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Poop when and how long is the academy ur going too. 12 weeks?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im hopin its not so bad out here in LA man, i doubt it with some of the guys i know taht made it through but im gonna prepare for the worst still.... thanks for all the info again man :thumbsup:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
im hopin its not so bad out here in LA man, i doubt it with some of the guys i know taht made it through but im gonna prepare for the worst still.... thanks for all the info again man :thumbsup:
No problem but def sneak some stuff in. lol.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Poop when and how long is the academy ur going too. 12 weeks?
oh im not that far along yet, so i have no clue as to how long it is but im sure its standard length but i really dont know if im goin to go for only CO or for LAPD and move into CO, i have some references from fellows whos homes ive installed alarms in their homes (i work for ADT) that are CO's so i think im goin for that since it is somethin ive always been interested in and have a prison right down the steret from where i already live.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
oh im not that far along yet, so i have no clue as to how long it is but im sure its standard length but i really dont know if im goin to go for only CO or for LAPD and move into CO, i have some references from fellows whos homes ive installed alarms in their homes (i work for ADT) that are CO's so i think im goin for that since it is somethin ive always been interested in and have a prison right down the steret from where i already live.
What all have u done so far? Had any interviews? PT tests or anything like that? I hated the interviews alot. The last one was the easiest I guess cause the chief knew my brother but anyways. Do u know once u make it on if u have to get tasered or sprayed? We only use spray here and that **** my friend is no joke lol.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
Im glad this topic came up as I am most likely getting into the same field like you poop, either co or nypd. I missed the co test so im not sure whats my next step since I dont know when they will accepting apps again. Im a graphic/web designer so I dont have to worry about anything now but like I said im interested in LE and have been thinking about this same exact topic a lot lately myself..

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What all have u done so far? Had any interviews? PT tests or anything like that? I hated the interviews alot. The last one was the easiest I guess cause the chief knew my brother but anyways. Do u know once u make it on if u have to get tasered or sprayed? We only use spray here and that **** my friend is no joke lol.
ive only answered preliminary backgoround tests/applications for both the LAPD and CDCR but havnt done any written tests or interveiws. I actually have great personal skills and interveiwing skills so thats not my biggest worry, just my past traffic tickets... a bit much and a few i havnt payed. For CDCR i prob will have to get maced/pep sprayed since that is the main thing carried in the jail and for the LAPD im suer your get tased as well. ive been BOTH in the past already once on accident with pepper spray and the other with a freind who had a taser and i told him it wasnt real..... next thing i knew i was pickin my ass off the floor cause he hit me in the back of the thigh... id rather be tased then sprayed any day, the spray burned for hours on end, and it wasnt even a full spray just a lil squirt that accidentally came out.... nasty shii and i dont look forward to it.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
ive only answered preliminary backgoround tests/applications for both the LAPD and CDCR but havnt done any written tests or interveiws. I actually have great personal skills and interveiwing skills so thats not my biggest worry, just my past traffic tickets... a bit much and a few i havnt payed. For CDCR i prob will have to get maced/pep sprayed since that is the main thing carried in the jail and for the LAPD im suer your get tased as well. ive been BOTH in the past already once on accident with pepper spray and the other with a freind who had a taser and i told him it wasnt real..... next thing i knew i was pickin my ass off the floor cause he hit me in the back of the thigh... id rather be tased then sprayed any day, the spray burned for hours on end, and it wasnt even a full spray just a lil squirt that accidentally came out.... nasty shii and i dont look forward to it.

The tickets aren't a big deal. The OC spray they used on use comes out like a fog and wraps around ur head. It took about 10 sec to kick in and when it did OMG. I was hoping I was in the 4% that it didn't effect. A little tip about washing the spray off in the shower make sure u protect ur goods u don't want that stuff running down there:aargh:

As for as a written test I bought a book on it to prepare myself and when I got around to taking the test it was totally different. THe Sgt. had me read a book for 20 min and I had to answer questions from that.

Good luck to u Poop I don't think u will have a problem with anything. Where in SoCal do u live? That cop I was telling u about was from Cali can't remember from what city though.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow that sounds like some nasty stuff... ya the stuff i had wasnt a gas it was straight sprayish it squirts, the stuff your talkin bout sounds like some harsh stuff... n definately thank you bout the protection of the jewels, that wouldnt have been fun to find out by myself.

ya i saw taht they said you could go to libraries an dget a book to study or buy it from the college, im going to hi tup my customers that installed for asnd see what they suggest for teh CO exam and if the books are worth while or not.

im in the northern part of LA county in the Palmdale, Lancaster area. Know plenty of LE out here and like i said installed for plenty of them since they arent home much and want extra protection for their loved ones when they cant be there, hopefully i can get some good refferals and wont run into any complications.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
wow that sounds like some nasty stuff... ya the stuff i had wasnt a gas it was straight sprayish it squirts, the stuff your talkin bout sounds like some harsh stuff... n definately thank you bout the protection of the jewels, that wouldnt have been fun to find out by myself.

ya i saw taht they said you could go to libraries an dget a book to study or buy it from the college, im going to hi tup my customers that installed for asnd see what they suggest for teh CO exam and if the books are worth while or not.

im in the northern part of LA county in the Palmdale, Lancaster area. Know plenty of LE out here and like i said installed for plenty of them since they arent home much and want extra protection for their loved ones when they cant be there, hopefully i can get some good refferals and wont run into any complications.
Good refferals with def help out big time. Good background check, good refferals and u should have no prob getting in. Law Enforcement is a great job with ups and downs of course. U get to see and deal with all kinds of people it never gets boring besides the paperwork. Its an unappreicated job u are either loved or hated. I wish I could change some laws esp on sexual offenders.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mmmhmmmm i too think they need to change the law "cruel and unusual punishment" to "punishment fits the crime"... thats just personal though and i think they will all get their just desserts from a higher court and judge..... in the mean time we have to deal with what is deemed acceptable by the Gov and society we live in.

im not worried bout the background a bit though as i had to get an FBI background check to get my ACE liscense to be an alarm installer in Ca..... if i can get that then im not worried cept for as i said my outstanding tickets.... but if you say no worries then hopefuly i can catch up and there wnt be any problems (their OLD from when i lived in cali the first time and just graduated highschool, im still using my utah DL right now and claiming UT is my residence as my folks live there... wont work much longer as i JUST got married and will be havin a kid any day now)

iziromeoizi

iziromeoizi

Awards
Just become a superhero insted. Much more efficient at capturing criminals if u have super powers.

Ull be fine, alot of P juice. And steroid testing is expensive

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
So the conclusion is that most likely a person would not come up positive for steroids in there standard tests or does that sound to good to be true.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i tlooks like for the most part unless you give them a very good reason to you will not be tested for roids.... and even if you are you might be able to get aways with bringin in a bottle of what your taking if its legal and not ahave a problem.... i was mostly worried bout the detector tests and if they care much period.. wich it seems they wouldnt with steroids.... now if your selling/trafficing ilegal roids, im sure they would have a big problem with that.

-bman-

Awards
tip: bring tearless baby shampoo the day you get sprayed , rub that in and around your eyes, you'll thank me later, just completed the academy bout 6 months ago, hopefully the will video tape it and show it to you later , youll have a lot of laughs.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
awesome! thanks alot for al the tips and info guys your all a great help :thumbsup: