Is Epistane a steroid? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is Epistane a steroid?

  1. PhilABowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    326

    Reputation

    Is Epistane a steroid?


    I guess it can be kind of a gray area with definitions... What makes Epistane a steroid (or not a steroid?)?

    How does it compare to things like Dianabol?

  2. rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11092

    Reputation

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a steroid because it is an active hormone on its own, meaning it doesn't have to convert to another hormone in the body to exert its effects, like a prohormone does.
  3. PhilABowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    326

    Reputation

    Hmm... good way of defining it. Is Epistane really a hormone, or is it one of those "herbal mix" ****boxes that has lavendar leaves and candy sprinkles in it? I'm not saying it is that, I'm saying I don't know and their website doesn't really clarify that sufficiently for my liking.
    •   
       

  4. yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Epistane is a real hormonal product.
  5. Couldigga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    97

    Reputation

    It's every bit as much of a steroid as dianabol is, the only difference being legality.
  6. benjiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    where can you buy epistane and who makes it.is it the same thing or in the same class as havoc.
  7. thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    A steroid (by definition) is a 17 carbon tetra-ring: consisting of three 6-membered rings, and a 5-membered ring at the end of the chain; therefore, not only is epistane a steroid, so are a lot of other compounds which are not considered AAS.

    If you are looking for something that will not cause you to fail an AAS drug test, I would recommend you keep looking.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  8. V00D00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    204

    Reputation

    yeahright and couldigga are both correct. technically all steroids are hormonal products. however, basically all prohormones are modified or designer versions of steroids that either are, or convert to active substances in the body.
  9. Sonicology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    216

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a steroid because it is an active hormone on its own, meaning it doesn't have to convert to another hormone in the body to exert its effects, like a prohormone does.
    But most so called "prohormones" are steroids in their own right - take androstenedione for example. It's a steroid (displays activity at the androgen receptor) but is almost always labelled a "prohormone" because it converts to test. By that logic test could also be called a prohormone because it converts to DHT (or estradiol).

    A true prohormone would be something like Vitamin D which displays no hormonal activity itself, but converts to a molecule which does.
  10. yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by V00D00 View Post
    however, basically all prohormones are modified or designer versions of steroids that either are, or convert to active substances in the body.
    And sometimes they are both with the "prohormone" having intrinsic anabolic properties even before conversion.
  11. rpen22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,702
    Rep Power
    11092

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicology View Post
    But most so called "prohormones" are steroids in their own right - take androstenedione for example. It's a steroid (displays activity at the androgen receptor) but is almost always labelled a "prohormone" because it converts to test. By that logic test could also be called a prohormone because it converts to DHT (or estradiol).

    A true prohormone would be something like Vitamin D which displays no hormonal activity itself, but converts to a molecule which does.
    Okay, I was oversimplifying it a lot. I see what you're saying and I agree. That's just the way I was trying to show the difference between these products which are sometimes labeled prohormones, like Methasteron which I don't see as really a precursor yet as an active steroid on its own, and products like 3-AD. But I see the problem with explaining it that way. I'm glad you pointed that out.
  12. motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    26293

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilABowl View Post
    I guess it can be kind of a gray area with definitions... What makes Epistane a steroid (or not a steroid?)?

    How does it compare to things like Dianabol?
    1) No need for conversion.

    2) Less water retention, bloat. Kind of like cousins. Ones big and beefy, the other is hard and less bloated. Both are rather sides free with obvious cautions.

    3) The only difference in this moment is the scheduling. With neither you are no longer "natural."
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  13. PhilABowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    473
    Rep Power
    326

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    1) No need for conversion.

    2) Less water retention, bloat. Kind of like cousins. Ones big and beefy, the other is hard and less bloated. Both are rather sides free with obvious cautions.

    3) The only difference in this moment is the scheduling. With neither you are no longer "natural."
    Gotcha. I'm not concerned with testing or any of that; I'm just trying to figure out which of the popular things out today are made from Timbuktu Walawalawala Root type bull****, and which things are actual "useful" stuff. (No offense to the grasseater folks, just not my bag of tricks).

    Sorry to sound ignorant... unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a rule that prevents the "herbal" stuff from being labeled as if it were "Real" and vice versa.
  14. James214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    78

    Reputation

    Will Epistane show up on a steroid test?

    If so, what pro-hormones can I take that will not?

    Also, is Epitiostanol and epitestosterone the same thing?

    If an AAS test checks for epitestosterone, is Epistane going to convert into that?
  15. wolfe14's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    368

    Reputation

    this may be an absolute dumb question..but in my research ppl are saying that sd, pp and"EPI" are the top dogs in the PH category, so my questions is, is "epistane" epi? and if so then havoc would be epi too, right??

    someone please advise me on this
  16. Smiley's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Yes you are correct wolfe. Dont forget to add the "tren" products in that mix though.

    None of those three are PH's though. All are active steroids.

    To the OP. Just google the name. It takes 10 seconds to find the actual active steroid for any compound out.
  17. wolfe14's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    31
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    368

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Yes you are correct wolfe. Dont forget to add the "tren" products in that mix though.

    None of those three are PH's though. All are active steroids.

    To the OP. Just google the name. It takes 10 seconds to find the actual active steroid for any compound out.
    wait a min so you are saying that epistane and havoc are REAL steroids and not PH's???
  18. douglasbarbin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    74

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by James214 View Post
    Will Epistane show up on a steroid test?

    If so, what pro-hormones can I take that will not?

    Also, is Epitiostanol and epitestosterone the same thing?

    If an AAS test checks for epitestosterone, is Epistane going to convert into that?
    In order:

    Probably, unless it is a test that only looks for certain steroids (like a home testing kit). Sanctioning organizations like the Olympic Committee, NCAA, NFL, NBA, etc. would definitely test for it, so if you're an athlete, keep looking.

    No, they aren't the same thing.

    Epistane doesn't convert into anything; it's already active on its own.
  19. Beater's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe14 View Post
    wait a min so you are saying that epistane and havoc are REAL steroids and not PH's???

    By definiton yes.

    By the legal system no (not yet)

    edit: the stickies up there answer all of these questions.
  20. Smiley's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe14 View Post
    wait a min so you are saying that epistane and havoc are REAL steroids and not PH's???
    Yes that is what i am saying. Whats the real difference to you anyways? Both do the same thing.
  21. justeat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    84187

    Reputation Reputation

    iS epi considered a class I or Class II ph.

    There is one big post going around classifying it at 1, bc it is progestin based

    BUT

    Ive also read that epi, as well as all other 17a- compounds are automatically Class II?


    ???
  22. ktatro1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    563
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Yes you are correct wolfe. Dont forget to add the "tren" products in that mix though.

    None of those three are PH's though. All are active steroids.

    To the OP. Just google the name. It takes 10 seconds to find the actual active steroid for any compound out.
    Not to get off topic, but I was under the assumtion that most "tren" products (obviously aside from inject. trenbolone) are prohormones (dienelone precursors) and not steroids. I could be way off though. If I am disregard the comment, as my area of expertise is lacking in the progestin category.
  23. h2bEK's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    THEY ARE ROIDS!!! Epistane is methylated epitiostanol which is an active anabolic steroid... The oral tren products you see, methylated dienelone also an active anabolic steriod...Superdrol is methylated masteron an active anabolic steroid... ect ect ect...
  24. clax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    so EPISTERONE is a
    PH/ ROID but if you go to amazon and look for this product it says its a pro-Anabolic? whats a Pro Anabolic? and assuming this a pct would be necessary?
  25. Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7012

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by clax View Post
    so EPISTERONE is a
    PH/ ROID but if you go to amazon and look for this product it says its a pro-Anabolic? whats a Pro Anabolic? and assuming this a pct would be necessary?
    look at the ingrediants. What makes a damn steroid is NOT the name, but whats in it.

    Many legal supplements use knockoff names of Anabolics to sell their goods. Makes em sound more potent. If what you mean with Episterone is the same one I looked up...its just a cheap sup, highly overpriced. By FightLabs?

    The ingredient in real Epistane will be

    2, 3a-Epithio-17a-methyletioallo cholan-17b-ol
  26. schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8930

    Reputation

    Its a roid allllll right im running it right meow stacked with 11-sterone(not sure if this has to convert or is active?) But yes I am ending day 12 with epistane and I am cutting 1k under my maintence cals- has my strength decreased? No it has actually increased a little......it has anabolic and androgenic activity as well...instead of needing to shave every other day I pretty muc hhave to shave every day....it is a steroid
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  27. clax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    still confused is EPISTERONE used in a pct or as the main cycle? and thats correct its by fight labs.
  28. clax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    and when looking at supplements what are ingredients that you should look for and what does make up a PH or steroid?
  29. Primal2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    175

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    .....it has anabolic and androgenic activity as well...instead of needing to shave every other day I pretty muc hhave to shave every day....it is a steroid
    lol, that was a terrible way to explain it.
  30. schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8930

    Reputation

    yeah I guess your right huh? To someone who has no idea about steroids that was a really bad way lol
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  31. schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8930

    Reputation

    clax what are the ingredients in episterone?
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  32. clax's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    ya or what things should you look for in a supp to know that supp does what it says Ie what builds muscles, burns fat...ECT what are some key identifiers?
  33. schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8930

    Reputation

    the only way to know what a supp does imo is to look at the ingredients and then research the ingredients.....and then if you have done your research IN ALL AREAS try it out
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  34. Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7012

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by clax View Post
    ya or what things should you look for in a supp to know that supp does what it says Ie what builds muscles, burns fat...ECT what are some key identifiers?
    dude your not getting it...Look up the ingredients in said product, then google each damn ingredient and look up what it is...

    Thus letting you know if it is a roid...
  35. schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8930

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    dude your not getting it...Look up the ingredients in said product, then google each damn ingredient and look up what it is...

    Thus letting you know if it is a roid...
    What he said
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  36. deadaim's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    why did this thread need multiple bumps over multiple years.
  37. skinnybones's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    752
    Rep Power
    107502

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    why did this thread need multiple bumps over multiple years.
    Lol
    This Sh*t was funny but it did answer a few questions that are important to newbies ... Everyone starts somewhere
  38. jack_black's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    456
    Rep Power
    102832

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    See you all back at this old thread in 2022
  39. JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Bump lol...jk
  40. jack_black's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    456
    Rep Power
    102832

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Bump lol...jk
    youvare years too early on your bump
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What exactly is epistane made of?
    By max83 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 11:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 10:26 PM
  4. Is Epistane ILLEGAL?
    By JOHNJESSICA20 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 03:13 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in