Reported weight gains from cycles

SpecialK117

Awards
Is it just me, or do many of the reported weight gains from the cycle logs on here seem a little unrealistic? For instance, I see 4-week oral logs with reported retained gains of 16+ lbs.

Do these people really think they gained 16 lbs. of muscle in 4 weeks? Can the body even build new muscle that fast, even under ideal circumstances?

I guess if they are just reading off the scale weight then that is entirely believable, but I just find it very hard to believe than more than 2-3 lbs. of the total weight gained is actual muscle.

I am currently running an SD cycle. I am at the end of week 2, and am up about 7 lbs., which was mostly gained in the first few days and could be attributed to water weight. I am clean bulking, and hope to be 2-3 lbs. heavier when all is said and done. I feel that if I weigh much more than that at the end, it will be likely that most of the extra weight is only fat.

Do I just have crappy genetics for not being able to build 4 lbs. of muscle a week or what?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it just me, or do many of the reported weight gains from the cycle logs on here seem a little unrealistic? For instance, I see 4-week oral logs with reported retained gains of 16+ lbs.

Do these people really think they gained 16 lbs. of muscle in 4 weeks? Can the body even build new muscle that fast, even under ideal circumstances?

I guess if they are just reading off the scale weight then that is entirely believable, but I just find it very hard to believe than more than 2-3 lbs. of the total weight gained is actual muscle.

I am currently running an superdrol cycle. I am at the end of week 2, and am up about 7 lbs., which was mostly gained in the first few days and could be attributed to water weight. I am clean bulking, and hope to be 2-3 lbs. heavier when all is said and done. I feel that if I weigh much more than that at the end, it will be likely that most of the extra weight is only fat.

Do I just have crappy genetics for not being able to build 4 lbs. of muscle a week or what?
Usually the 1st cycle people run it is not uncommon to gain 15+lbs. Infact I did, I gained about 18lbs. Its because of the "virgin receptor" accompanied with it beeing thier 1st time of actaually eating to add mass and The big one is water. Of my 1st cycle I lost about 3-4 lbs during p.c.t which was infact water.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I am currently running an superdrol cycle. I am at the end of week 2, and am up about 7 lbs., which was mostly gained in the first few days and could be attributed to water weight. I am clean bulking, and hope to be 2-3 lbs. heavier when all is said and done. I feel that if I weigh much more than that at the end, it will be likely that most of the extra weight is only fat.

I am often skeptical of these numbers as well. I would be happy with 2-5lbs of muscle that I could retain. I have read a lot about natural muscle gain, but I am not nearly familiar with "assisted muscle gain." I should have some more time later to find some articles on natural gains....if that matters to this topic.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Let's take a look at this....

1) Fresh Users of Orals are generally always new to the AAS community;
2) They generally want to gain size/strength/mass
3) They eat to gain mass-more than they've eaten before
4) they have Virgin Androgen Receptors that are firing hot and fresh like a new set of spark plugs on a 69 mustang.
5) They are probably training alot harder than usual because they are fascinated and amazed by their easy gains from this new compound they are ingesting
6) They are probably UNDER THEIR GENETIC POTENTIAL and therefore they gain rapidly and alot

I went from 150-195 on my first cycle of ONLY ax's superdrol.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What did it feel like gaining 45 pounds in 3-4 weeks (assumiing your cycle was 3-4 weeks)?????

SpecialK117

Awards
I guess if we assume that many oral users are n00bs to lifting and eating in general, then the results become a bit more believable.

I was assuming that people didn't start using until they their natural progress became noticeably slower than usual.

I was already 206ish when I ran my first cycle, so naturally I was skeptical of these 25+ lb. gains people were reporting.

Even still, I question whether any human body is capable of synthesizing 4 lbs. of tissue in a single week under any circumstances.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I hear the body can produce 1lb of muscle everyday under near perfect conditions.... hence the near perfect part. I gained 14 lbs in 2 weeks doing my first m1t cycle... I managed to keep about 9 pounds and that was running a good pct. But hey, what do i know :fool2:

jvb20

Awards
my first cycle i gained 18 pounds kept 12 not orals and second cycle im currenly on have gained 10 pound in 3 weeks and still have 11 weeks left of my cycle so we'll see how it goes....

oh and a persons body can only rebuild 5-7 pounds of mucsle in a month in the best circumstaces....

jvb20

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Even if you are an experienced user, if you dirty bulk on SD you will def come away with more then 2-3 pounds of muscle imo.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
no way in hell i believe a person can only build 5-7 pounds of muscle in a month, sorry

jvb20

Awards
Let's take a look at this....

1) Fresh Users of Orals are generally always new to the anabolic steroids community;
2) They generally want to gain size/strength/mass
3) They eat to gain mass-more than they've eaten before
4) they have Virgin Androgen Receptors that are firing hot and fresh like a new set of spark plugs on a 69 mustang.
5) They are probably training alot harder than usual because they are fascinated and amazed by their easy gains from this new compound they are ingesting
6) They are probably UNDER THEIR GENETIC POTENTIAL and therefore they gain rapidly and alot

I went from 150-195 on my first cycle of ONLY ax's superdrol.

not saying you didnt gain that much but if you did you would have some major stretch marks so lets see some pictures....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good amount of the weight is from water retention and also glycogen loading. Being hypercaloric will lead to muscle gain, but adding in AAS will amplify the effects. I think the increase in strength gained from a cycle is just as important as the mass gained because, generally speaking, by consistently lifting heavier weight, you are providing the body with a stimulus to retain or add muscle.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think most of these people are confusing scale weight with muscle weight. Its not possible to gain so much muscle as these people are saying in one month...Not only is it not humanly posible, its not healthy to gain so much weight so fast, whether it is fat or muscle!. Not healthy to lose weight really fast, and not healthy to gain it that fast either.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I agree Rodja. Many beginners forget that there is a direct corrolation between strength and size. If you struggle to bench 200lbs you are going to look like it... simple as that. After a cycle you may increase your bench by 40lbs. Your body will look like it can bench 240lbs. It may be very minimal almost to the point of no difference but its something. Steroids add to a lifters well being psychologically as well. If you are on gear for the first time you will feel stronger before it does anything strictly from knowing you are on gear. A good mind set can add poundage to a lift. Well that was off topic but i ramble on sometimes:hammer:

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my first cycle waaaay back in the day, I did test/eq/dbol 14 wks, and I dirty bulked like a mofo and went from 218 to 262

grantr

Banned
Awards
so is it your lack of success that you feel the need to doubt, deny, and disregard everyone elses success? Why are you going to sit there and bash peoples gains that they are proud of?

jvb20

Awards
so is it your lack of success that you feel the need to doubt, deny, and disregard everyone elses success? Why are you going to sit there and bash peoples gains that they are proud of?
who was that implied for?? if it was me im not bashing anyones gains i have heard of people gaining that much just not from a 4-8 week cycle of superdrol unless its 80% water so if you have nothing else have a great day:nutkick:

grantr

Banned
Awards
80% of 15-20 pounds is 12-16 lbs of water respectively..I don't think thats possible, so now I ask you..anything else? you have a great day

jvb20

Awards
80% of 15-20 pounds is 12-16 lbs of water respectively..I don't think thats possible, so now I ask you..anything else? you have a great day

i was talking about the 45 pound increase of superdrol almost half would be water the rest would be muscle and fat so im not putting down any budies results that would still be hell of a gain... so dont know why you have to put your 2 cents in when i was not puting down anyones gains in the first place...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of it is that:

1) They're finally eaiting and training right
2) They're steroid virgins
3) They confuse water retention for muscle mass
4) They're way below their genetic potential
5) They're more motivated to get big

It would be damn near impossible to make these gains (15+) every cycle (12 weeks) for years on end.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
One thing that nobody has mentioned here is injury. At one point before ever taking anything hormonal, heck at this point I didnt even take creatine, I weighed in at around 240lbs around 11% bf. This was prolly attributed to that a) I started lifting seriousely when I was 13 b) I was still in my teens so my test was still through the roof. I had a fairly serious injury and had a 9 month lay-off after which I weighed in at around 215lbs about 11% bf. When I finally got back into lifting seriousely again the weight simply flew back on. without any anabolics at all I was gaining like 10lbs a month. So yes, I do believe that some people gain this amount of solid muscle on these cycles. My equilibrium point in my body was much higher than my current weight point. This made it very easy to pack the pounds back on. Now that I am weighing in around 255lbs about 11% bf the natural gains are very slow. Like ridiculously slow. I have to eat very clean to maintane low bf now and have to constantly be improving my philosophies on everything; eating; lifintg; supplementation; etc. Now that I am pushing my equilibrium point higher, it is very difficult to gain wieght. That being said, it is also very easy to get cut up. Since my body wants to maintane at say about 245lbs now, I can drop my bf without any significant muscle losses. Just different advantages to each. Harder to bulk, easier to get cut. But now that I have gotten completely off topic, I will regress. Yes, these gains are completely believable and should not neccessarilly be attributed to water wieght or fat gain. You should be happy that you dont gain a bunch from anabolics cause it means that you prolly waited long enough before getting into them.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i went from 215ish back on Feb 2 when i got out of the Marines up to 276 a few weeks ago. i started off with BAM then Epi then Tren. i was at about 12-13% bf the whole time.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have stretch marks on my rear shoulders and ass. they are huge and almost cover my tricep. i am not going to take pictures of them at this moment because i see it as a waste since i am in iraq and the pictures i take here are few and far between.

chad - would it be better for me to run anadrol w/ high test prop dosage or tace/tprop ??
i am still trying to decide. i want to go from my current 215 @ 9% to 230 or higher.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have stretch marks on my rear shoulders and ass. they are huge and almost cover my tricep. i am not going to take pictures of them at this moment because i see it as a waste since i am in iraq and the pictures i take here are few and far between.

chad - would it be better for me to run anadrol w/ high test prop dosage or tace/tprop ??
i am still trying to decide. i want to go from my current 215 @ 9% to 230 or higher.
i would go with the tren and test. i dont think i could really tell anyone to run anadrol. it took me a long time to be ok with the sides ill get with anadrol. if you read about anadrol you`ll see what i mean. its awesome but it`ll fcuk with you.
Tren is really awesome too. i love it and it has very little sides if any.

awmcdon

Awards
I think it has alot to do with the circumstances and the persons genetic ability, and I have three examples to illustrate this point.
About 5 years ago I weighed in at 242 solid pounds. I herniated a disk in my back and couldn't lift for about six months. I lost about thirty pounds. After about six weeks of serious lifting and a hell of cycle I gained it all back. And it wasn't water or glycogen overcompensation. It was the muscle that I had lost due to the injury. Muscle memory is great!
A friend of mine had been lifting for about five years. He had built a very nice physique,but after five years his weight was stuck. He had platued. I realized that he wasn't eating enough, he was probably in a state of mild starvation.
He was worried about loosing his six pack. I finally convinced him to increase his daily calories by 500. He went from 172 pounds to 185 in three weeks, with no steroids.

And finally, I have another friend that isn't a weightlifter, he lifted a little for football and thats about it. But his entire family are genetic freaks, his dad, brother and even his cousins. Everyone of them was skinny in high school and about the age of 19 they just started growing. When he graduated high school he weighed 155lbs, Before the summer was over he weighed 190 at a height of 5'9". And he was solid with 17.5" arms. I remember it well because I was jealous as f***. Here he is, don't even lift and because of his freaky genetics he's huge. I can only imagine what he would have looked like if he would have lifted and took a couple cycles.
My point is that under certain circumstances the body can put on some serious muscle, I've seen it first hand. I know the studies say different, but studies aren't always right. Studies are generally performed on average people in average conditions.
Hell for years the studies pointed to the fact that stress causes ulcers. Now we know that generally isn't true. The bacterium Helico bacter pylori causes ulcers, hell the dude won the noble prize for that discovery.
Science isn't absolute fact until it becomes a law. Alot of people seem to forget this.That's why we have the scientific process.....observation, hypothesis, theory, and then a law.