Complete Metabolic Panel While on Epistane

ripp

Awards
What's up guys-

Been on Epistane for 4 weeks now, taking 40 mgs per day throughout the cycle, and was interested in how it was treating my liver. I'm a medical student so I have easy access to bloodwork. I must say, when I saw the results, I was quite happy with the product, especially since I've gained about 14 lbs with a significant increase in strength. Only a slight increase in one of my transaminases.
Here's to IBE :clap2: Enjoy!

Results:

My values: Normal:

Glucose: 97 70-100
BUN: 15.0 5-25
Creatinine: 1.0 0.0-1.5
Sodium: 140 135-145
Potassium: 4.5 3.5-5.5
Chloride: 103 95-110
CO2: 25 22-33
Calcium: 9.1 8.5-10.5
Total protein: 7.6 6.0-8.3
Albumin: 4.8 3.5-5.5
AST: 30 0-40
ALT: 49 2-40
Alk Phos: 36 20-130
Total bilirubin: 0.5 0.0-1.5

cgcrz8

Awards
What year med student are you? I'm about to take step 1 in June.

ripp

Awards
3rd year man. PM me if you need any advice. Did pretty damn good on it.

ripp

Awards
keep pushin, brother, next year will fly by! you guys doin orthopedics too?

cgcrz8

Awards
Aiming for diagnostic radiology and hopefully fellowship in IR

cgcrz8

Awards
I got a question for both of you. How do you keep motivation up for studying for boards? I'm dying over here.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the panel! Reps for you!:thumbsup:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
isnt uric acid included in the metabolic panel?

ripp

Awards
Good question man. I have never seen it included in CMPs at my institution. We order uric acids by themselves when we suspect gout clinically or are concerned about medications side effects, ie, thiazides. I called this a complete metabolic panel but its really "comprehensive".

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Good question man. I have never seen it included in CMPs at my institution. We order uric acids by themselves when we suspect gout clinically or are concerned about medications side effects, ie, thiazides. I called this a complete metabolic panel but its really "comprehensive".
fair enough. the results came back awesome though. thanks for posting this! nice to have an anabolic that is much more friendly to the body. i got havoc lying around just begging me to give up natural competition:twisted:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I was similarly surprised at my bloodwork on it. Very pleasant surprise! Thanks for the data ripp.

ripp

Awards
No problem. Thanks for such a great product! Good luck on your upcoming cycle, wannabehulk.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys-

Been on Epistane for 4 weeks now, taking 40 mgs per day throughout the cycle, and was interested in how it was treating my liver. I'm a medical student so I have easy access to bloodwork. I must say, when I saw the results, I was quite happy with the product, especially since I've gained about 14 lbs with a significant increase in strength. Only a slight increase in one of my transaminases.
Here's to IBE :clap2: Enjoy!

Results:

My values: Normal:

Glucose: 97 70-100
BUN: 15.0 5-25
Creatinine: 1.0 0.0-1.5
Sodium: 140 135-145
Potassium: 4.5 3.5-5.5
Chloride: 103 95-110
CO2: 25 22-33
Calcium: 9.1 8.5-10.5
Total protein: 7.6 6.0-8.3
Albumin: 4.8 3.5-5.5
AST: 30 0-40
ALT: 49 2-40
Alk Phos: 36 20-130
Total bilirubin: 0.5 0.0-1.5
Since you've got easy access, any chance you could get a blood lipid profile done? I'd like to see the effects that this stuff has on HDL/LDL and triglycerides.

ripp

Awards
Humans excrete uric acid AND urea. Urea is a biproduct of the urea cycle in which excess ammonia (from amino acids) is converted to urea and then excreted by urine (hence the name). Uric acid is a biproduct of purine metabolism and is excreted by the kidneys also in the urine.

ripp

Awards
quigs, ill see what I can do about the lipid panel. This is definitely something I wanted to do but is a little harder to get done for me, plus I have to eat the cost of the bloodwork since I had one not too long ago on a different cycle (test).

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting that! Reps for ya

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Since you've got easy access, any chance you could get a blood lipid profile done? I'd like to see the effects that this stuff has on HDL/LDL and triglycerides.
There's bloodwork done by yours truly on here somewhere with lipids, etc...

I'll see if I can dig it up. :run:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
2006 Epi Bloodwork (20-45mg linear ramp):
SuperSoldier & Dr.D

_____________SS___________________Dr.D
Date: ...1/07.....1/16.....1/26.................1/01.....2/09

AST .......26........32.........41.................... .24........52
ALT .......31........39.........51.................... .20........45
GGT ......09........05.........07..................... 15........21

ALB.......4.0........3.8........3.9............... .....4.5.......4.8
TBIL......1.8........1.1........1.3............... .....0.6.......0.5
DBIL......0.3........0.3........0.2............... .....NA........NA

CHOL.....145.......149.......171.................. 199......208
LDH.......156.......198.......208................. ..129......147
HDL.........32.........19...........9............. .......30........26

SS only:
26?th E2: 47, Prolactin 16.6
(no baseline on these)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
2006 Epi Bloodwork (20-45mg linear ramp):
SuperSoldier & Dr.D

_____________SS___________________Dr.D
Date: ...1/07.....1/16.....1/26.................1/01.....2/09

AST .......26........32.........41.................... .24........52
ALT .......31........39.........51.................... .20........45
GGT ......09........05.........07..................... 15........21

ALB.......4.0........3.8........3.9............... .....4.5.......4.8
TBIL......1.8........1.1........1.3............... .....0.6.......0.5
DBIL......0.3........0.3........0.2............... .....NA........NA

CHOL.....145.......149.......171.................. 199......208
LDH.......156.......198.......208................. ..129......147
HDL.........32.........19...........9............. .......30........26

SS only:
26?th E2: 47, Prolactin 16.6
(no baseline on these)
Thanks for posting those...I've seen the Dr. D one before but never yours. I'd still like to see some more blood work done on this stuff however (preferrably with before/after numbers).

Do you think that there's any possiblity of IBE sponsoring some forum members by paying for them to have bloodwork done? Honestly, I think it would go a long way towards proving the relative safety of the compound...especially if it is bloodwork of non-reps/employees of IBE. I realize that something like this would be difficult to coordinate, but I think that it would be money well spent for IBE...that is if the results were good.

Anyways, just an idea...

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting those...I've seen the Dr. D one before but never yours. I'd still like to see some more blood work done on this stuff however (preferrably with before/after numbers).

Do you think that there's any possiblity of IBE sponsoring some forum members by paying for them to have bloodwork done? Honestly, I think it would go a long way towards proving the relative safety of the compound...especially if it is bloodwork of non-reps/employees of IBE. I realize that something like this would be difficult to coordinate, but I think that it would be money well spent for IBE...that is if the results were good.

Anyways, just an idea...
I did that bloodwork a LONG time before Epi even hit the market, and I've only been affiliated with IBE for a month or so. The first set of values are baselines.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I did that bloodwork a LONG time before Epi even hit the market, and I've only been affiliated with IBE for a month or so. The first set of values are baselines.
I realize, and I'm not trying to question the integrity of your post/results...I'm just trying to say that bloodwork from a couple people isnt really enough to say that this stuff will have such mild effects in the majority of the people. I keep seeing it posted that epistane/havoc are so "mild" but in reality the evidence for this is pretty much non-existant. I remember hearing the same things when superdrol first came out.

Now I'm not trying to say that this will have the impact on blood lipids that superdrol did, but it would certainly be nice to be able to point at a good number of subjects (like at least 10) and see a nice trend in lab values.

ripp

Awards
I definitely agree that repeated, unremarkable bloodwork in as many individuals as possible would strengthen the argument about the safety profile of this compound. I was just trying to do my part, and at my own expense. It should be noted that I was taking Cycle Support along with my epistane for the entire duration of its usage.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Seems as if it did some work on your Lipid...

I looked at my old panel from PP (21 days @ 5, 10, 15, and 20mgs) and it was exactly

Chole......185
HDL .......26.6 (rated 35.0 - 85.0, base = 42.0) LDL.....150.0(rated 0.0 - 160.0, base = 128)
ALT .... 23 (rated on 10 - 40), AST .... 24 (rated on 10 - 42)
Total Bili .6 (rated on .2 - 1.0)

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Repeated bloodwork on several subjects would be ideal for any methyl steroid, or even any non-hormone test stimulator type product ie. BAM, JW, Mass Fx, etc. We just don't see it too often...

The best bet for data like this is to find people with access to a lab (like I used to have) to guinea pig themselves (like I did for a while). That's not to self promote, just to point out that it's much easier to send a person free product to run some tests on themself than to sponsor/fund labwork done by a third party.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Repeated bloodwork on several subjects would be ideal for any methyl steroid, or even any non-hormone test stimulator type product ie. BAM, JW, Mass Fx, etc. We just don't see it too often...

The best bet for data like this is to find people with access to a lab (like I used to have) to guinea pig themselves (like I did for a while). That's not to self promote, just to point out that it's much easier to send a person free product to run some tests on themself than to sponsor/fund labwork done by a third party.
That would work as well. Any way to promote getting bloodwork done and posted is cool with me.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree that repeated, unremarkable bloodwork in as many individuals as possible would strengthen the argument about the safety profile of this compound. I was just trying to do my part, and at my own expense. It should be noted that I was taking Cycle Support along with my epistane for the entire duration of its usage.
As was I (using conventional doses of liver supps like NAC and MT) plus taking my custom oil blend daily. Your data is greatly appreciated ripp!

It was tragic losing SS out of the lab, that man tested himself on more supps than anyone else I know! Everyone here owes him for some great bloodwork. He tested 6-Br for me too right after the Epi. I am afraid some of that data is lost forever, unless it could somehow be resurrected from old postings here. M1T, M14, MDHT, toremifene citrate, you name it.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I'm on Epi right now @ 30mg/d. I'll be in the neighborhood of my old work next week! ;)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I'm on epi now also.

I went from a 10 week test-e cycle and bridged to a 4 week epi cycle.

I'll get bloodwork done. I got before bloodwork done, but they didn't lay out the details. Obviously I'll get the details the second time. Total cholestrol was 79 though before.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure! Wow.
Yeah, but I don't know the hdl/ldl breakdown.

This was before my first cycle of course... which I'm on now.

Currently have 1 week left of epi. I have been doing an Epi cutter, with lower carbs, and taking leviathan.

So far I have done 3 weeks of epi @ 30 mg. I've honestly had zero sides except for a little hair shedding, but it's not bad.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I don't know the hdl/ldl breakdown.

This was before my first cycle of course... which I'm on now.

Currently have 1 week left of epi. I have been doing an Epi cutter, with lower carbs, and taking leviathan.

So far I have done 3 weeks of epi @ 30 mg. I've honestly had zero sides except for a little hair shedding, but it's not bad.
That's great! (except for the shedding I mean) So how has the cut been? BTW, total cholesterol was increased very little on my bloodwork, and ratios stayed amazingly good, but I was closer to 200, not 79. 79 is impressive.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol @ 79 is actually kinda odd. :blink:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
79 doesn't sound healty. Is there enough cholesterol there for him to make his own hormones??

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Is there enough cholesterol there for him to make his own hormones??
Not to a high level probably, that's what I mean when I say he can eat all the fatty stuff he wants. With an endogenous supply that low, you would need to eat extra fat. 99% of the rest of America has to do the opposite!

Maybe the test was skewed somehow?

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the test was skewed somehow?
I really didn't see too many total cholesterol tests that low in all my days as a lab tech. Don't know if I've ever seen one that low to be honest.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I really didn't see too many total cholesterol tests that low in all my days as a lab tech. Don't know if I've ever seen one that low to be honest.
I think the lowest I ever saw mine was 120 (21-22 yo) but it was usually closer to 160 back in the day, now it fluctuates from 190-260 depending

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I think the lowest I ever saw mine was 120 (21-22 yo) but it was usually closer to 160 back in the day, now it fluctuates from 190-260 depending
Well I did have low T-levels before I started the cycle. Think cholestrol had an effect on that?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I posted the test results in my journal.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Well I did have low T-levels before I started the cycle. Think cholestrol had an effect on that?
I think the low cholesterol is the cause rather than effect of the low test levels. I'll check out the journal.