Steroid depression anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Ok so, im doing some research before I get into this stuff. Ive read in a few places that after a steroid cycle you become depressed. Is this just during post cycle therapy? Do you return back to 100% normal self or even better after post cycle therapy is done?

What are your experiences and that of other users?

Also one more question. Lets say you do only one moderate cycle of test with proper post cycle therapy (which would be HCG and Nolvadex correct?) lets say in a few years, will your body become any different for water retention, and function the exact same as before? Or does it just change around the time that you do steroids and shortly after?

Oh and, how does steroids effect your spirituality, will you be more spiritually charged? is there benifit? Or does it make no difference? Cause I wanna reach enlightenment eventually, I just hope steroids wont get in the way.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol. spiritual enlightenment? lol.... let me tell you this, they will make you depressed if you have a retarded ass girl friend who dumps you in an email, or they will make you happy after you start a new cycle and gain 15 pounds of beautiful muscle and then go and beat the **** out of all her new boy friends. things like that. So its an up and down thing. Sure you will be depressed on some and not depressed on others. test on the other hand nothing but anti-depressant beauty!! jeez i am depressed as **** right now.
**** iraq.
and **** her.

papa G

Awards
lol. spiritual enlightenment? lol.... let me tell you this, they will make you depressed if you have a retarded ass girl friend who dumps you in an email, or they will make you happy after you start a new cycle and gain 15 pounds of beautiful muscle and then go and beat the **** out of all her new boy friends. things like that. So its an up and down thing. Sure you will be depressed on some and not depressed on others. test on the other hand nothing but anti-depressant beauty!! jeez i am depressed as **** right now.
**** iraq.
and **** her.
Hit the nail on the head!!!!

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
ahh i remember my first cycle. i felt like SUPERMAN the whole time. like i could get any girl i wanted and kick any guy's ass who f*cked with me. not to mention the incredible libido increase. i was getting random wood like i was 16 again!

it does suck when you get off though because the gains stop, the mentality goes away, and you usually lose some of your gains also... but you know what, you're still better looking than all your friends and any girl that doesn't want you, can't handle you.

make sure to study up on pct. if you decide to go the clomid route, your mentality will go from superman to superwoman so be prepared.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, various AAS can cause depression and alter certain personality traits. Some of the harsher orals are terrible for depression IMO. Choleostasis is linked to depression and other mental disorders.

Generally, more natural steroids like testosterone make you feel great. 19-Nor or Nandrolone can make you downright giddy.

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
I always find losing the all-day pump makes me a little gutted.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't there some data linking clomid with despression/anxiety?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would worry more about depression after coming off than while on. If you have a bunch of crap going on in your life or know of some that will start I would suggest taking any hormone changing substances around it. Knowing your body and mind prior to taking anything is a plus as well. If you're prone to mood swings and such and are not able to control them as is then I would also stick to creatine and protein.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What they said, and...

I suspect that different compounds inhibit you even more rapidly or excessively. I'm inclined to believed that a moderate to high dosed test base cycle is less likely to depress you while on than one that does not include test. It can be a completely different experience when test levels are at supraphysiological (sweet word, huh?) levels while on as opposed to one that has no exo test and shuts down your endo test.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
let's all admit there is nothing better that feeling superhuman,but yea that transition can be a b!tch,totally agree with the clomid statement...and toremifene makes me all emotional like a chick too...seriously like one minuit you wana cry,then you get all iritable.....it sucks.......at least it's only 4 weeks for us...not a lifetime like them..:twisted:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
let's all admit there is nothing better that feeling superhuman,but yea that transition can be a b!tch,totally agree with the clomid statement...and toremifene makes me all emotional like a chick too...seriously like one minuit you wana cry,then you get all iritable.....it sucks.......at least it's only 4 weeks for us...not a lifetime like them..:twisted:
And during those 4 weeks, none of them are spent bleeding out of our uterus.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1-AD gave me post-cycle depression BAD. Maybe it was because I didn't have PCT down. Maybe it was because I was just getting into cycling. Maybe it was that #$## that left me that week.

I would lean to the last factor now that I think of it. haha

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-AD gave me post-cycle depression BAD. Maybe it was because I didn't have post cycle therapy down. Maybe it was because I was just getting into cycling. Maybe it was that #$## that left me that week.

I would lean to the last factor now that I think of it. haha
i feel for ya bro,i had my ***** of 2 years leave my a$$ right at the end of week 4 of my first halodrol cycle(first batch)....YEA THAT REALLY FUC*ED MY POST CYCLE...stupid bit*h.....i hope she gets a scortching case of herpies...anyway cheers to being better off:cheers:

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i feel for ya bro,i had my ***** of 2 years leave my a$$ right at the end of week 4 of my first halodrol cycle(first batch)....YEA THAT REALLY FUC*ED MY POST CYCLE...stupid bit*h.....i hope she gets a scortching case of herpies...anyway cheers to being better off:cheers:
yep cheers to being better off... can't wait til i get back to the states to get some reaaaal women.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
My b*tch left me after 6 months while I was diagnosed w/ hypogonadism, lost over 20 pounds, and got emotional. Can't blame her too much, but now she's dating some scrawny he-b*tch who isn't going anywhere in life. She'll probably end up dancing on a pole to feed her illegitimate children one day and ultimately, when I walk out of my executive office, she will be outside begging for money to buy booze, in which case I will offer to introduce her face to my swim team. Nothing more, nothing less.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! Sounds like my *****.
I hope she dates a ****ing loser that is 130 pounds.
WOOHA!
And I hope she blows up like a walrus and dies.

SupraLover

Awards
Depressed, you ask. Yeah, when my rats aren't using them :head:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
testosterone will make you feel like you are king of th world
nandrolone is almost dangerous in that regard, i felt like a pig in the proverbial **** at all times.

first of all, hcg and nolvade is not a proper post cycle therapy at all. go to our post cycle therapy section and look up how its done today.

post cycle blues are common. they go away. as for the body retruning to normal, if you a run a post cycle therapy your body does indeed get back to normal and should stay that way.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
testosterone will make you feel like you are king of th world
nandrolone is almost dangerous in that regard, i felt like a pig in the proverbial **** at all times.

first of all, hcg and nolvade is not a proper post cycle therapy at all. go to our post cycle therapy section and look up how its done today.

post cycle blues are common. they go away. as for the body retruning to normal, if you a run a post cycle therapy your body does indeed get back to normal and should stay that way.
elaborate on what's so wrong with hcg,and nolva????...regardless it's not what i use,but that is a pretty standard post cycle..without support supps that is.(what the hell is nolvade???)

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
And during those 4 weeks, none of them are spent bleeding out of our uterus.
Sh!t, you're not supposed to bleed out of your uterus during P.C.T.? I think I got some bad Clomid...

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Will halodrol give you post cycle depression as well?

Also, how long does the PCT depression last? Cause if you know its gonna happen, you will definatly feel less depressed.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
elaborate on what's so wrong with hcg,and nolva????...regardless it's not what i use,but that is a pretty standard post cycle..without support supps that is.(what the hell is nolvade???)

nolvade is nolvadex without the X.

second of all, hcg is supressive. Its called the hpta, not the T's. it does nothing to bring back the tropic hormones GnRH, FSH, and LH. It mimics LH and partially bring backs sperm production that FSH is responsible for.

like i said, its suppressive. do you want to use something supressive during post cycle therapy?

nolvadex, yes, hcg, NO. use it during cycle to maintain testicular size and function.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sh!t, you're not supposed to bleed out of your uterus during P.C.T.? I think I got some bad Clomid...
:rofl: it scares me a little now too.......

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nolvade is nolvadex without the X.o

second of all, hcg is supressive. Its called the hpta, not the T's. it does nothing to bring back the tropic hormones GnRH, FSH, and LH. It mimics LH and partially bring backs sperm production that FSH is responsible for.

like i said, its suppressive. do you want to use something supressive during post cycle therapy?

nolvadex, yes, hcg, NO. use it during cycle to maintain testicular size and function.
i don't use hcg anyway,as i stated,you do make sence with this statement,.....i'm wondering how many people agree with you however !!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i don't use hcg anyway,as i stated,you do make sence with this statement,.....i'm wondering how many people agree with you however !!

quite a few actually.

the typical recommendation is 500 iu's a week split into two shots, cutting it off a week or so before post cycle therapy, and then continuing with serms/ai's.

of course its substance and cycle length sensitive, but thats the gyst of it. on the more highly suppressive cycles (nandy, m1t, tren) id actually recommend running it right up into pct or through the first week.

dont take my word for it, do a little search.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
quite a few actually.

the typical recommendation is 500 iu's a week split into two shots, cutting it off a week or so before post cycle therapy, and then continuing with serms/ai's.

of course its substance and cycle length sensitive, but thats the gyst of it. on the more highly suppressive cycles (nandy, m1t, tren) id actually recommend running it right up into post cycle therapy or through the first week.

dont take my word for it, do a little search.
your on point with your numbers.I have read many post cycle articles that swear by the stuff....whatever !! i'm not gonna get into it with you over something i don't even use in post...later;)

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I read that using HCG is to spike your Test levels just before completing your cycle so that you wont lose your gain.

I turn 21 in 2 months.

Looking for a solution to my plateau, been training for almost a year. made good gains, strength is still going up, but weight is at a stand still with very low bodyfat. I do have parasites that a really hard to get rid of, me and my doctors are working on it right now, its called Blastocystis hominis.

I eat 3500-4500 calories a day, if I dont, and eat like a normal person, I begin to lose weight :(

Im also allergic to wheat and dairy, which makes my eating a little difficult. And im not supposed to eat any sugar to get rid of the parasite (but its not working). I can't even use isolate im so sensitive, it does not absorb, and gives me raging diarhea. So I have to use soy, which makes my tummy feel good. I dont give a hell about the inconclusive raise in estrogen levels, which is most likely insignificant.

What do I eat then??? lol Beans and Weiners, and beef and rice, with lots of olive oil!!!

Im starting a JW/BAM cycle soon. But I fear gains will be minimal, I am impatient, so thinking about steroids, but would rather do pro hormones so that if someone asked me if I did steroids, I wouldn't have to lie, and could say no.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I turn 21 in 2 months.

Looking for a solution to my plateau, been training for almost a year. made good gains, strength is still going up, but weight is at a stand still with very low bodyfat.
Couple points:

1. We discourage those under the age of 21 from posting about steroid use.

2. After only a year of training it is not called a plateau. That is when the easy part end and the work begins. If it were easy everyone would be big in no time.

3. You will not attain any new LBM at a low BF. It's just a law of physiology. Until you get you ability to gain weight under control hormones will be a waste of time, money and disturbance to you system. You have considrable dietary issue at hand. Your issue is not hormones. You are 21 yo and have plenty of testosterone.

Manipulating your HPTA and altering you homostacis will effect your mood. Any androgen will do this to you. Some more than others but they all will do this to one degree or an other.

Don't use steroids. :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read that using HCG is to spike your Test levels just before completing your cycle so that you wont lose your gain.

I turn 21 in 2 months.

Looking for a solution to my plateau, been training for almost a year. made good gains, strength is still going up, but weight is at a stand still with very low bodyfat. I do have parasites that a really hard to get rid of, me and my doctors are working on it right now, its called Blastocystis hominis.

I eat 3500-4500 calories a day, if I dont, and eat like a normal person, I begin to lose weight :(

Im also allergic to wheat and dairy, which makes my eating a little difficult. And im not supposed to eat any sugar to get rid of the parasite (but its not working). I can't even use isolate im so sensitive, it does not absorb, and gives me raging diarhea. So I have to use soy, which makes my tummy feel good. I dont give a hell about the inconclusive raise in estrogen levels, which is most likely insignificant.

What do I eat then??? lol Beans and Weiners, and beef and rice, with lots of olive oil!!!

Im starting a JW/BAM cycle soon. But I fear gains will be minimal, I am impatient, so thinking about steroids, but would rather do pro hormones so that if someone asked me if I did steroids, I wouldn't have to lie, and could say no.
dude try the nha by dessigner supplements,look it up....sh!t works wonders!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.