1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Minus83 View Post
    Licensed physician? pffttt, look at Ross' physique! hes obviously a SUPER GENIUS!
    Then there's how "he responds" and applying it to everyone else--that's just great.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    ... "Pulsing" does not eliminate NOR reduce HPTA detriment. ...
    All I have to ask is, have you ever tried it? I don't know that you are ever really qualified to have a valid opinion much less conclusion of anything until you do. Believe me fella, I don't recommend anything I have not already tried and characterized myself. I lived the pulse for my later teenage years and can say it works! My balls don't lie and my tset is high.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

dunno D did you see that picture?... the guy has a point.....

douches can get buff too.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.41%

I wanted to express my opinion on the whole "to pulse or not to pulse" discussion, to see if people are in agreeance with me.

First, I think it's very important to get one thing clear here with regards to pulsing. If you are a bodybuilder who's striving to add X number of lbs of LBM to your frame per year, to better yourself for competition, then the pulse method is not for you.

As far as I'm concerned, pulsing is a method better suited for an avid weight lifter, who also has goals in mind, but is far more flexable with regards to his weight training agenda. Some one who is looking to make gains slightly faster than those who are drug free, but is willing to accept a 5 lb. gain and still see that as a successful venture. Unlike a competitive bodybuilder who is looking more to maximize the possible gains yielded forth by a cycle, and with that, is using a cycle with far greater dosages and lengths of time.

Pulsing also appears to be better suited for someone who isn't looking to sacrifice his/her health for the sport. Some people training out there don't care about a drug's impact on their system. They want to grow and thats all their concerned with. For those individuals, they would be better suited with a cycling method that will produce results that meet their expectations. The pulse method isn't the answer for those individuals.

So needless to say, the "real world" feedback, thus so far, appears to be real positive. Some more cycles run in the pulse method, coupled with some posted healthy pre/post blood work, will only help to reinforce the positiveness. Also, I think once some people out there decide what it is that they want to achieve through this sport, and take into consideration what is truly realistic for them self (as far as what they could actually achieve for strength and muscle gain), more and more individuals may begin to see the benefit to pulsing versus other typical cycling methods.

In all honesty, if you're not going to be standing on stage or under a bar at a meet, then why go balls to the wall with your doses and cycle lengths?!?! Think about it!
  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I agree with your closing note; it's poor risk management to be planning/running any steroids cycles without any clear-cut motives or benefits from doing so. However, I think you're missing the point of pulsing: to avoid post-cycle therapy.

To say that it's not for the competative bodybuilder/powerlifter/athlete is a strong statement to be making, and at the moment there's not enough data to say that one method (cycling or pulsing) is superior over the other. Although pulsing will not be as yield as high of gains as a straight cycle, the cycle can also be run a little longer than usual, and the real kicker: NO PCT! For someone who cannot access the means of proper PCT, or someone who has poor success with proper PCT, this sounds like a great alternative.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Jmuls View Post
    In all honesty, if you're not going to be standing on stage or under a bar at a meet, then why go balls to the wall with your doses and cycle lengths?!?! Think about it!
    im sorry, but i dont really get what this "bar" is in reference to, if im anywhere near a bar its not gonna be under, itll be inside, possibly on the floor, and most likely near my own vomit.

i agree with the rest of your post though and would say most of the reasons you stated are the ones id be looking into pulsing something like Epi / Havoc.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Under a bar.... Like doing a bench press.......
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Though I am not a fan of pulsing the original poster's argument has several large holes in it.

Comparison of AAS to corticosteroids is completely invalid IMO. Different pathways, different objectives in using them and huge differences in their impact to, yes once again, very different portions of the endocrine system.

There's some broad statements made about peak blood levels and half lives. This has to be made more specific given the huge array of differences between AAS compounds themselves and the method of administration...ie one can't talk about short half lives of orals and compare them to long acting ester injectibles.

Not really taking a side here as I have no interest in bridging, cruising or pulsing. I tend to agree with Dr John that such things are not good ideas in the first place, however if one is going to make a strongly worded,capitalized and highlighted argument of this nature..one should have their ducks in a row first.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.41%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I agree with your closing note; it's poor risk management to be planning/running any steroids cycles without any clear-cut motives or benefits from doing so. However, I think you're missing the point of pulsing: to avoid post-cycle therapy.

To say that it's not for the competative bodybuilder/powerlifter/athlete is a strong statement to be making, and at the moment there's not enough data to say that one method (cycling or pulsing) is superior over the other. Although pulsing will not be as yield as high of gains as a straight cycle, the cycle can also be run a little longer than usual, and the real kicker: NO post cycle therapy! For someone who cannot access the means of proper post cycle therapy, or someone who has poor success with proper PCT, this sounds like a great alternative.
    I wasn't missing the point with regards to pulsing allowing one to avoid post-cycle therapy, I just didn't discuss it in my post. Though if you go back and read D's posts about pulsing, you'll see him make comment after comment with regards to pulsing being much more liver-friendly in comparison to standard cycling.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Minus83 View Post
    im sorry, but i dont really get what this "bar" is in reference to, if im anywhere near a bar its not gonna be under, itll be inside, possibly on the floor, and most likely near my own vomit.

i agree with the rest of your post though and would say most of the reasons you stated are the ones id be looking into pulsing something like Epi / Havoc.
    Under a "bar" is a reference to being under a "bar"bell while performing a squat or bench press. Go have another!!!
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.69%

I'm assuming he was joking with the bar comment guys....well I hope so anyway
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Jmuls View Post
    I wanted to express my opinion on the whole "to pulse or not to pulse" discussion, to see if people are in agreeance with me.

First, I think it's very important to get one thing clear here with regards to pulsing. If you are a bodybuilder who's striving to add X number of lbs of LBM to your frame per year, to better yourself for competition, then the pulse method is not for you.

As far as I'm concerned, pulsing is a method better suited for an avid weight lifter, who also has goals in mind, but is far more flexable with regards to his weight training agenda. Some one who is looking to make gains slightly faster than those who are drug free, but is willing to accept a 5 lb. gain and still see that as a successful venture. Unlike a competitive bodybuilder who is looking more to maximize the possible gains yielded forth by a cycle, and with that, is using a cycle with far greater dosages and lengths of time.

Pulsing also appears to be better suited for someone who isn't looking to sacrifice his/her health for the sport. Some people training out there don't care about a drug's impact on their system. They want to grow and thats all their concerned with. For those individuals, they would be better suited with a cycling method that will produce results that meet their expectations. The pulse method isn't the answer for those individuals.

So needless to say, the "real world" feedback, thus so far, appears to be real positive. Some more cycles run in the pulse method, coupled with some posted healthy pre/post blood work, will only help to reinforce the positiveness. Also, I think once some people out there decide what it is that they want to achieve through this sport, and take into consideration what is truly realistic for them self (as far as what they could actually achieve for strength and muscle gain), more and more individuals may begin to see the benefit to pulsing versus other typical cycling methods.

That covers the pertinents right there.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.23%

Poor D Can't even catch your breath, can you, friend?

You know Who loves ya
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    I'm assuming he was joking with the bar comment guys....well I hope so anyway

indeed, lol, im not THAT stupid.

well....sometimes i smart... a little.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.19%

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne View Post
    Poor D Can't even catch your breath, can you, friend?

You know Who loves ya
    Yes Sir! I must be doing something right or there wouldn't be so many haters.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.12%

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    Yes Sir! I must be doing something right or there wouldn't be so many haters.
    exactly!
    i respect your patience and maturity my friend
    john
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.47%

Geat read, very entertaining and informative. Pulsing sounds like a great idea to me. Reps D.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

I go ahead and critique both,pulsing isn't new, or just with antibiotics and corts. Went to a few doctors about the idea. Birth control has been a pulse method being used for years with few sides and long term problems. Burn and severe trauma patients have received pulsed anabolics to prevent tissue loss. But one day on one day off or 3days a week m,w,f or even two on and two off over time won't allow enough down time to prevent shutdown(what most people are trying to avoid) none of the doctors would give recommendations on how to pulse but did mention you would want twice as much dime off as on and keep cycles very short kind of a 4 on 8 off or 7 on 14off with a few days of tapering down.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

unless you went to doctors who specialize in anabolic/androgenic steroids, those doctors you talked to are most likely just going along with what ever sounds the safest.

most regular doctors have zero knowledge on aas.

i dont know much about birth control, but I do know the girls i slept with that took it, had to take it every day.

basically from what i can tell, as of right now, it is just a difference of opinion, as neither side has any actual data on the benifits or disadvantages of pulsing anabolic androgenic steroids.

but there is alot of data on using steroids in the manner they were ment to be used, as well as in supraphysiological dosages.

i've also never heard of burn victims being given high dosages of anavar every other day. I believe 10-20mg in the med community is the rec dosage for patients everyday.
  20. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I thought this thread was locked..... 5 years ago.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

looks like it got unlocked.
  22. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

weird things happen when you migrate the forums.

What a goofy thread. Oral steroids are dangerous. By association, pulsing is also going to be dangerous.

The OP was banned like the day of. Then he started a supplement company, became a board supporter, made outlandish claims and remarks about the competition, and got banned again. Odd guy to go from troll to legit to troll again.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.58%

Granted, I've only read the first post, but this is a very frustrating thread. Please, forgive me if this has already been touched upon. You're comparing apples to oranges by saying "most medications should not be pulsed, so AAS should not be pulsed either". Read a few papers on GnRH and leuprolide. You'll find that leuprolide, a synthetic GnRHr agonist, is fairly versatile in that it can be used both to suppress as well as stimulate hormone production (I do believe that its use to stimulate hormone production is not FDA approved, and is therefore an off-label use. Never-the-less, this is still sometimes done in practice). This is a much better basis of comparison.
    Everything I say is fictional and should not be taken seriously.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.96%

Next post will be up on 3/8/2019.......,,,stay tuned
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.94%

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackedJew
    For a BODYBUILDER who is using steroids to BUILD MUSCLE, the pulsing protocol is INEFFECTIVE!

*MUSCLE GROWTH IS A SIDE-EFFECT!

Pulsing will MINIMIZE SOME side-effects(while INCREASING others), but it will also drastically MINIMIZE MUSCLE GAIN! Muscle-gain is a side-effect of the ANABOLIC/ANDROGENIC effect produced by the partuclar compound or compounds being administered. Although a steroid compound may be ACTIVE several hours after your very first dose, you won't see "GAINS" until many days later!

"Peak BLOOD LEVELS" are never actually reached or sustained using this method, which is HOW Anabolic steroids build muscle!

Anabolic steroids do ALOT more than JUST build muscle! For instance, if one were to use Dianabol for the SOLE purpose of LOWERING CORTISOL, then a "pulse" schedule would suffice to ilicit the desired EFFECT(cortisol reduction) while limiting side-effects--MUSCLE GROWTH being one of them! But for a BODYBUILDER who is using steroids to BUILD MUSCLE, the pulsing protocol is INEFFECTIVE!

But FIRST OF ALL...

Pulsing is NOT a valid method of drug adminstration USED IN THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY.

"Pulsing Corticosteroids" was a method of drug administration ONCE used in the the treatment of Epileptic Siezures. CORTICOSTEROIDS have a life-threatening effect on the brain, and are far more dangerous in high dosages than anabolic steroids are. Therefore, establishing an ACCEPTABLE level of conrtol over the epilepsy while minimizing side-effects was the foremost concern.

For the treatment of severe epilepsy, steroids are usually initiated at the highest acceptable dose per kg on a daily basis, given in the morning. Once seizure control is established, the steroids are gradually reduced and at some stage - as determined by treating specialists - the switch is made to a pulse therapy schedule. The aim is to achieve seizure control with as many days between dosing as possible, and on the lowest dose possible. If a trial to pulse every 3-4 day fails, then the patient may attempt alternate day dosing (still highly preferable to daily dosing). Pulsing every 3-4 days is not always successful but, given the benefits, it is certainly worth trialling. Once control over the episodes were established, dosages would begin to be reduced, as the DESIRED EFFECT had been produced. Again, these corticosteroids are not only dangerous but FATAL in higher dosages. The goal was to ABSOLUTELY MINIMIZE the use of these drugs. With the advent of safer drugs and BETTER protocols, "pulsing" is no longer used.

Using this "pulsing" method with ANABOLIC STEROIDS is not only INEFFECTIVE, but actually COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.

*MUSCLE GROWTH IS A SIDE-EFFECT! Although a steroid compound may be ACTIVE several hours after your very first dose, you won't see "GAINS" until many days later. This "side-effect" of muscle gain is the result of continued use of the ANABOLIC/ANDROGENIC compound.

Steroid blood levels also need to remain STABLE! While using such a PULSE protocol, your blood levels will be CHAOTIC. WIth ANABOLIC ANDROGENIC STEROIDS, this means LESS GAINS and MORE SIDE-EFFECTS!

No offense to "Dr. D", whoever this guy is, but the information presented in some of these threads I have read is just DOWNRIGHT INACCURATE. Furthermore, I felt like I was being "pitched" the entire time on this "pulsing method".

It is NOT EFFECTIVE.

Furthermore, it is POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS based on Dr D's advice to "INCREASE DOSAGES" and run for "LONGER PERIODS OF TIME". This is not ok. All steroids have a THRESHOLD dosage and increasing much beyond that point will ONLY lead to greater side-effects.

Corticosteroids for the Treatment of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome and Continuous Spike-Wave Discharge During Sleep.
    Pediatric Neurology, Volume 32, Issue 5, Pages 300-306
    D. Sinclair, T. Snyder

1: J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Jul;53(1 Suppl 1):S50-8. Links
    Corticosteroids: options in the era of steroid-sparing therapy.Del Rosso J, Friedlander SF.
    Department of Dermatology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

1: Eur J Immunol. 1986 Apr;16(4):370-5. Links
    Antigen presentation by human monocytes: effects of modifying major histocompatibility complex class II antigen expression and interleukin 1 production by using recombinant interferons and corticosteroids.Rhodes J, Ivanyi J, Cozens P.
    More gains more sides, this isn't news.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
  3. Is Epi and Havoc the same compound?
    By TheDiesel85 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM
  4. the Pulse Method
    By Deggial in forum Anabolics