Epistane While Doing the Keto Thing

Spiral_

Awards
Have any of you guys tested running epistane...or any other cutter while on a low carb based diet? I'm around 5 weeks into my cut now and I'm wondering if anyones actually done it. SD has been experimented with and i've noticed it needs a LOAD of carbs.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There have been several at our board that have used Epi on a cut and still put on some mass while getting leaner.

Spiral_

Awards
There have been several at our board that have used Epi on a cut and still put on some mass while getting leaner.
Yeah, I just bought a few bottles...I believe it's going to be good stuff regardless. Just wondering if it can be used with the absence of carbs while cutting, because that's a flat out 'no' with superdrol and like supps.

If not a TKD style is being used and I can probably up before/after training carbs to 40g each. I'd prefer to stay in ketosis though...

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I just bought a few bottles...I believe it's going to be good stuff regardless. Just wondering if it can be used with the absence of carbs while cutting, because that's a flat out 'no' with superdrol and like supps.

If not a TKD style is being used and I can probably up before/after training carbs to 40g each. I'd prefer to stay in ketosis though...
How many carbs are you intaking a day?

Spiral_

Awards
How many carbs are you intaking a day?
At the moment I take around 15g before training...15g after...really it should be around 25-30 but I've always thought myself to be pretty sensitive when it comes to carbs. I've also seen quite a few people bulk while in ketosis so I know muscle growth can occur. Though at the same time I'm not going to fool myself..I may have to take in quite a bit more carbs to see any results.

To be honest I'll be happy with losing..an inch in my waist and gaining 5lbs(packing muscle on has always been really easy for me, just the fat that I'm at constant war with). I figured this would be a nice boost in my 15-20 week cut. Really I'm just going to go hard until I hit 12% or so..I'm at 19% at the moment.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
At the moment I take around 15g before training...15g after...really it should be around 25-30 but I've always thought myself to be pretty sensitive when it comes to carbs. I've also seen quite a few people bulk while in ketosis so I know muscle growth can occur. Though at the same time I'm not going to fool myself..I may have to take in quite a bit more carbs to see any results.

To be honest I'll be happy with losing..an inch in my waist and gaining 5lbs(packing muscle on has always been really easy for me, just the fat that I'm at constant war with). I figured this would be a nice boost in my 15-20 week cut. Really I'm just going to go hard until I hit 12% or so..I'm at 19% at the moment.
True, well I think if u intake a lil more carbs, esp preworkout, you will gain muscle more easily for sure. And you will use up most of those carbs in your workout. Also more muscle speeds your metabolism and burns up fat faster. If you are really serious about trying to lose fat while gaining a lil muscle, your best route may be to split up your cardio and weight training, but its more time consuming and most people can not do that with school, work, etc. For instance cardio first thing in the morning before you eat, then weights in the afternoon about an hour or so after you have a decent amount of carbs. I also use Gatorade, Poseidon and Chaos before I work out for a good energy in the gym.

Your working from the opposite direction I am. I have to eat as much as possible or else I shrink. Most people think thats a blessing, which it might be, but forcing yourself to eat all the time can get pretty tiring. For instance yesterday afternoon I ate so much redbeans and rice with ground meat in it that I threw up after the meal a lil because my stomach couldnt keep it all down. That rarely ever happens though, but with hard work you can reach your goals man. Keep it up

Spiral_

Awards
True, well I think if u intake a lil more carbs, esp preworkout, you will gain muscle more easily for sure. And you will use up most of those carbs in your workout. Also more muscle speeds your metabolism and burns up fat faster. If you are really serious about trying to lose fat while gaining a lil muscle, your best route may be to split up your cardio and weight training, but its more time consuming and most people can not do that with school, work, etc. For instance cardio first thing in the morning before you eat, then weights in the afternoon about an hour or so after you have a decent amount of carbs. I also use Gatorade, Poseidon and Chaos before I work out for a good energy in the gym.

Your working from the opposite direction I am. I have to eat as much as possible or else I shrink. Most people think thats a blessing, which it might be, but forcing yourself to eat all the time can get pretty tiring. For instance yesterday afternoon I ate so much redbeans and rice with ground meat in it that I threw up after the meal a lil because my stomach couldnt keep it all down. That rarely ever happens though, but with hard work you can reach your goals man. Keep it up
Yeah, luckily I work at a gym. I've always hated cardio but lately i've gotten into running so I try to do at least 4 miles a day on the treadmill. Now that I've dropped carbs..2.5-3. 4 is still a battle but my endurance will grow. Yeah man, nothing but hard work, I'm not stopping until I'm the same size as Arnold in T2. That's my ultimate goal, which being between 5'7-5'8 that may not be TOO TOO hard but the fats gotta go first.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about trying Anabolic Pump? From the reviews I've read, it seems like an excellent addition to achieving the goals you have. I would think it would make things much easier on you...but I'm no expert on it, nor have I tried it...yet ;)

Workin

Spiral_

Awards
Have you thought about trying Anabolic Pump? From the reviews I've read, it seems like an excellent addition to achieving the goals you have. I would think it would make things much easier on you...but I'm no expert on it, nor have I tried it...yet ;)

Workin
It's also on my to do list.