Just an observation

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I'm not talking about one person in particular, but I have begun to notice a lot of relatively noobish people giving out advice on compounds they have never used. You'll see a person with one cycle under their belt start to help another newbie structure his cycle, stacking a buttload of compounds and recommending Tren for example.

It pisses me off to be honest. I know a great many people who only talk about what they have experience in.. I suggest the new guys do the same. Talk about what you know, from your own experiences and what works for YOU.

How can someone give advice on something they have never held in their hand, let alone use? It baffles me. I think it's irresponsible and dangerous.

That's all.. I'm just ranting. What do I know anyways?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's why you won't see me telling someone to use 10 iu's of slin or DNP for 3 months :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know exactly what you are saying, though I may be guilty of such a thing myself. I know for a fact that I have suggested alterations to a particular cycle outline which contained compounds I had not personally tried; however, I usually do so in a cautionary manner, as opposed to a do 'x' dosage for 'x' amount of weeks.

I see this type of thing all the time. It extremely bothers me when I have seen that the person state they have never touched Anabolics, yet are passing out free advice like it's candy.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think there are those who may have not tried compounds but have enough expertise in the field that they can offer good advice. I'm sure plenty of MD's haven't personally tried every RX they've dispensed...

However, I agree 100% on what you're saying Ubi.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Im in somewhat of a dissagreement here. As long as the person states that they have or haven't used the compound I dont see why it's a big deal. Even if you have used a certain compound that your giving advise on, everyone reacts differently to everything. For example some of the best football coaches are guys who haven't even had much experience playing the game. I dont think b/c you have used a particular compound your more knowledgable than the next guy, you just have more experience. If you had cancer would you rather take medical advice from a doctor or from a cancer patient...i believe most would take it from the doctor.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
some are worse with this than others.

there are generic recommendations out there that i see handed out by vets and amateurs/non users alike. that, in my opinion is ok.

500mgs test e for 10-12 weeks
40mcgs igf lr3 eod-e3d
tamoxifen post cycle therapy 40/30/20/10
etc

i believe part of the blame lies on the shoulder of the reputation system......not that i have any ideas on how to change it.

i believe the real problem is that so many people feel advice NEEDS to be given. most of the people asking are for example

hey im 18 i have one 10ml bottle of test (whups i have no idea what kind) and i want to do a cycle (the word just sounds coool!) i hear 23 gauge pins are good (actually its the only thing i heard i dont know what im talking about)??? i also have superdrol and dbol (also, just another cool sounding word) how do i stack those (i hear they make you hayooge)??? i can get nolva (i have no idea what the substane is) from somebody and can PCT with it, how do i do that (i probably wont follow your advice anyway). i dont want to get too bulky i just want to get CUT (actually i just dont want to do any work or learn to eat correctly). should i throw some winny in there too (i hear it gets you CUT!!).

i have seen people seriously try to help people like this. some people that are on here asking for cycle advice shouldnt be even thinking the word steroid. that has to be taken into consideration in responses.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in somewhat of a dissagreement here. As long as the person states that they have or haven't used the compound I dont see why it's a big deal. Even if you have used a certain compound that your giving advise on, everyone reacts differently to everything. For example some of the best football coaches are guys who haven't even had much experience playing the game. I dont think b/c you have used a particular compound your more knowledgable than the next guy, you just have more experience. If you had cancer would you rather take medical advice from a doctor or from a cancer patient...i believe most would take it from the doctor.
Although I see where both of those analogies came from, I think they are both comparing Apples to Oranges. Utilizing Anabolic Steroids properly takes a mixture of both physiological knowledge, and anecdotal experience; you can 'know' how Trenbolone will react in an individual, but you will never truly know until you experience it for yourself.

To use the M.D. and cancer patient example, an experienced Anabolics user is a Doctor who has experienced the cancer himself. He is able to give you both anecdotal expectations on what the experience will contain, as well as Physiological reasoning for why such things should occur. So while I see your point, that analogy is not really fitting.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Although I see where both of those analogies came from, I think they are both comparing Apples to Oranges. Utilizing Anabolic Steroids properly takes a mixture of both physiological knowledge, and anecdotal experience; you can 'know' how Trenbolone will react in an individual, but you will never truly know until you experience it for yourself.

To use the M.D. and cancer patient example, an experienced Anabolics user is a Doctor who has experienced the cancer himself. He is able to give you both anecdotal expectations on what the experience will contain, as well as Physiological reasoning for why such things should occur. So while I see your point, that analogy is not really fitting.
I see where you are coming from, but just because someone has used a particular AAS doesn't necessarly mean he has more knowledge than the next guy. Dont we all know a bunch of people who have used and they have no idea wtf they are doing and have no knowlege. I feel like a good background in experience and knowledge is the best in terms of advice. But I would rather take advice from someone who knows a lot about AAS and hasn't used the particular compound, than from someone who has done many cycles but has no idea wtf they are doing. I dont beleive you can substitue experience for knowledge.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
i think the whole "diet and exercise" advice is a little overplayed. when i first started on this board, i had 5 years of exercise science and nutrition mastery under my belt and got instantly flamed by people who had no idea where i was coming from or what experience i had. last year i had a very complicated stack and was asking for suggestions on a good post cycle therapy and got flamed by everyone except Dr. D, who has been the most helpful through my body buuilding experience. i think a lot of people dish out the "nutrition and exercise" advice who don't want to sound illiterate when it comes to certain compounds they haven't experienced nor researched thoroughly. i also see a lot of kids 21-25ish weighing around 180 pounds getting flamed for using anabolic steroids simply because they aren't genetically capable of reaching 200 pounds of lean muscle naturally.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think the whole "diet and exercise" advice is a little overplayed. when i first started on this board, i had 5 years of exercise science and nutrition mastery under my belt and got instantly flamed by people who had no idea where i was coming from or what experience i had. last year i had a very complicated stack and was asking for suggestions on a good post cycle therapy and got flamed by everyone except Dr. D, who has been the most helpful through my body buuilding experience. i think a lot of people dish out the "nutrition and exercise" advice who don't want to sound illiterate when it comes to certain compounds they haven't experienced nor researched thoroughly. i also see a lot of kids 21-25ish weighing around 180 pounds getting flamed for using anabolic steroids simply because they aren't genetically capable of reaching 200 pounds of lean muscle naturally.
Last I can remember you were 'instantly flamed' because you started juicing at 155lbs and were asking if you could give Phera Plex to a 19 year old. So please don't act like this board has mistreated your ridiculous questions.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
I was generalizing on the topic at hand. Don't make it personal.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing personal. You made a comment on how the board was treating you and I was letting those who aren't aware as to the history as to why it may have.

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
My intentions were not to say anything negative about the board and I have no complaints about the advice I have been given. I have recieved a wide range of feedback from board users and respect everyone's individual opinion... especially the opinions of chemists. We have all made mistakes in the past and will continue to make them in the future... I just think we should be here to help people with their body building experience rather than ridiculing them for not knowing better.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
that is true to some extent but with a great deal of the stuff there just isn't much to go on to start with. I am still waiting for one of the designer steroids to really mess someone up, look at what just happened with dostinex. There is no one that is looking for such things with us.

I would not have any problem giving advice on using primo or methyl testosterone even though I have never used them as I can look up the clinical data on these and have read the histories of both. From these I can tell you with a good probability what will happen when you take it. I can't do that with super drol or TRN and such. User info is really the only source of information we have here. so having not taken them I really don't have anything to contribute outside of warning people of some of the dangers.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I see where you are coming from, but just because someone has used a particular anabolic steroids doesn't necessarly mean he has more knowledge than the next guy. Dont we all know a bunch of people who have used and they have no idea wtf they are doing and have no knowlege. I feel like a good background in experience and knowledge is the best in terms of advice. But I would rather take advice from someone who knows a lot about AAS and hasn't used the particular compound, than from someone who has done many cycles but has no idea wtf they are doing. I dont beleive you can substitue experience for knowledge.
That is true but as in the post above sometimes the only info avalible is user experance. and sometimes it is the more, shall we say "rash" people that rush out and try something. I do see your point however.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I try not to give real steroids advice because I've not used anything but designer molecules.

I do disagree that just because someone has used said steroid (or is bigger or more muscular) doesn't mean he will always give correct information.
I've heard such dumb stuff at my gym by "big dudes" that it's not even funny (even with basic stuff like PCT).

tattoopierced1

reps to you Ubi... a needed post IMO.

edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ubiquitous again.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
haha yea a friend of mine just got 200 dbol tabs, 20 amps of 100mg omnadren and 16 amps of 100mg deca...

the guy in the gym said to run dbol for 2 weeks...then start the omnadren....then 2 weeks later start the deca...

i told him to go get his money back

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
...Talk about what you know, from your own experiences and what works for YOU.

How can someone give advice on something they have never held in their hand, let alone use? It baffles me. I think it's irresponsible and dangerous.
:goodpost:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ubiquitous again

b dad

Awards
if these first timers or "kids" would understand that if they did some real research instead of listening to just any meat head at their gym they would be better off. when you start you can get a hell of a lot of results from low doses. i am 33 yrs old and since i have always kept my dosages low, i not only respond extemely well, but have also always passed on the side effects. just my thoghts. but if you keep your receptors clean they always respond very well to smaller doses and you dont have to deal with a lot if the side effects that some discuss on this forum

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Okay some of you guys made good points on giving advice with generic info such as a standard 12 weeker of Test E 500 mg. D-Bol 4 weeks and Nolva for PCT.

What I would hate to see is someone giving advice on Insulin, Methy-Tren, Synthol, or DNP without having much experience. I don't know if you all remember a member by the name of Yellow Jacket but he made some extreme cycle recommendations and was caught lying about his posts. Basically, we traced his history and there was no way he could have done as many extreme compounds and cycles in the amount of time he claimed.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
YJ - damn, hadn't seen or thought of that S/N for a looooong time.

b dad

Awards
some idiot giving advice on insulin or DNP is damn scary

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I can't do that with super drol or TRN and such. User info is really the only source of information we have here. so having not taken them I really don't have anything to contribute outside of warning people of some of the dangers.
That is the basic problem with the newer mystery compounds and advice. But then again cautionary advice in this area is usually thebest.