- 10-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Has anybody here ever found (or even looked for) a way to extract 4-AD from a Cyclodextrin complex?
If so, I would like to pick your brain about it cuz I have about 8.125g worth of 4-AD and 9.75g total PH in my Androstat 150 Cyclo-Poppers, and I want it out of there and into my homebrew, ASAP
Or could i use the Synovex extraction method?
- 10-10-2002, 07:28 PM
The best, and easiest, thing to do is buy some 4-AD powder and forget that extraction stuff. It is SUPER cheap to purchase and the yield of the extraction will get you little over 4 grams.
- 10-11-2002, 06:04 PM
I think I found a way...
Take the Hydroxypropyl Beta cyclodextrin (HPBC) complex, in my case Androstat 150 cyclo poppers and do the following:
1. Dissolve the Poppers in Iso Alcohol and DMSO (enough to cover the poppers depending on container)
a. Add only about 2ml of DMSO in the total solution
2. crush the Poppers to speed the dissolving process
a. Put the container in hot water to speed process further
3. Once the poppers are dissolved into a cloud with very tiny particles in it, filter using a coffee filter, once all IPA/DMSO is filtered through and the filter is dry, extract as much of the clear crystals you can...
4. ...the end product is a bunch of clear, sphere-like, crystals...
...this is the HPBC complex with the PH encased inside of it.
5. Since HPBC complexes are hydrophyllic on the outside...
...the next logical step is to dry all of the crystal stuff as completely as possible and then add this to water...
...WAMMO! the HPBC dissolves almost instantly and the PH is in solution in the water.
6. Pour the water/PH solution into an oven-safe container and I have mine on right now at about 200 F.
..here's the theoretical part
Once the water is evaporated away there should be nothing left but the PH...
...we'll see of I'm right in about 3-5 hours
10-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Water is almost evaporated...
...looks might it might work somewhat...
I'll be satisfied with that, cuz i'm no chemist...
...just a dumb Lifeguard
10-11-2002, 09:07 PM
All I got was a sticky film that was probably just sucralose with a little bit of PH in it
Looks like I'll just have to try again...Several times and several different ways.
by the way...does anybody know the melting point of 4-AD or any other PH for that matter?
10-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I don't understand you extraction method. You are dissolving it in iso then filtering out the 4AD. The 4AD is then in the remaining liquid or in the coffee filter. I am assuming it is in the solution...
10-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Thats what I realized after my experiment failed
I should've known that the 4-AD was in the IPA/DMSO solution but I'm stupid
I'm the one going down
10-21-2002, 05:25 AM
Where's BDC when you need him??
10-21-2002, 09:47 PM
I decided **** IT!
I went out and bought some 4-ad and put it in a brew.
10-21-2002, 11:56 PM
Could a mod delete this thread please, it's beginning to annoy me, cuz IMO it is useless...
Don't think I'm mad at you or anything, but I'm mad at myself for even thinking that I could Get the 4-AD out of the HPB complexes.
The stupid-ass Lifeguard
Similar Forum Threads
- By Jasen in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
- By nobel252 in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
- By FlyByU in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-06-2006, 02:14 AM
- By Gmonkey in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:59 AM
- By Lifeguard in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 10-24-2002, 01:29 AM