Why don't the pro's ever get busted

• Thread starter firefighter2032
  • Start date
firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I've read all over the internet on person after person for getting busted for possession of steroids. The closest I've ever found to a celebrity being busted would be the wrestler guy who's wife croaked (sorry can't remember his name).

What is it about the pro's that's keeps them protected?

Just being curious.

Einherjar

Awards
The same reasons politicians are never busted for possession of drugs.

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
Uhh... what about Shawne Merriman just last week?

lol

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Guess I was talking more about the pros of pro bodybuilding rather than the pro athletes. Pro athletes understandably get tested for it.

Wonder if the cops are just too scared to search the car with a guy that size sitting in it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ever noticed now days how many of the pro bbrs are going over seas a lot :)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
What on earth do you mean?? hehe

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read all over the internet on person after person for getting busted for possession of steroids.

What is it about the pro's that's keeps them protected?
Ever notice you never see pros on message boards bragging about the cycles they are running?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
pros get arrested .. dennis james, rodney st. cloud, and phil hernon have all been arrested just off the top of my head

plus most pros aren't dealers and usually those busted are those dealing

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, i'm Lee Priest and i can get my hands on some dianabol, test eth, winni and a rare beanie baby. What should I cycle?

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
a lee priest quote,

"The muscle, he says, is natural. Many competitions — including his most recent, the Night of Champions in New York — now test for drug use. Priest, who admits to dabbling in muscle-enhancing drugs, says he'd like to see all sports cleaned up.

"I tried steroids when I was younger," he says. "But steroid use is not going to make you a champion . . . . If you put rocket fuel in a Pinto, you're not going to turn it into a race car."

Building a winning body

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
"Lee Priest shows off his 22-inch biceps by doing the biceps pose. To get those guns, he does dumbbell curls, then builds his chest with the bench press."

oh.....hmmmmm...curls and the bench press....amazing

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
To be fair, Lee is usually pretty honest about his usage. In that MD issue with Dex on the front, he shows pictures from a bad injection. He's one of the pro's that doesn't really bs much, he cuts straight to the point. He's a class act in my book

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn fbx what the **** is up with your avatar? I like it!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Hi, i'm Lee Priest and i can get my hands on some dianabol, test eth, winni and a rare beanie baby. What should I cycle?
LOL...funniest post in a long time. Wonder if he really does have a beanie baby collection

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pros have "legit", legal prescriptions from M.D.s. Just as there are a few docs in L.A. who are more than happy to prescribe huge amounts of amphetamines and opiates for their movie-star clients (think Winona Ryder, who was caught shoplifting with enough prescribed injectable and oral pain relievers in her purse to keep a cancer patient pain-free for a month), I bet there are a few "anti-aging" docs who are happy to work with bodybuilders.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Glenihan when was Phil Hernon arrested and for what? Possesion?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it was in the late 90's i'm not 100% sure about the specifics .. he's talked about it several times on pro muscle and is very open and honest about it and everything else .. really a class act and a great guy

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I was an axe murderer for halloween scaring kiddies at the haunted house.
Haha that reminds me of the last time I went trick or treating. We were on the verge of being too old already but if that wasnt enough, my friend was dressed as the unabomber.

Its a pretty easy costume...all you need is a hoody and some aviators! You should have seen the peoples faces when they asked him what he was.

Priceless:icon_lol:

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Ever notice you never see pros on message boards bragging about the cycles they are running?
bingo, and glenihan was also right, dealing is what almost always gets people in trouble. that and getting rec drugs mixed in the mess.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dammit! Beanie Babies are illegal now too? Now I'll never get my hands on Waddles. :(

B4n3 0n3

So how stupid is it to disscuss steroids online? Are we all just waving big flags saying "bust me"?

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I know a police officer who is big. I asked him how he did it and he replied "I was on steroids". He further went on to tell me he did it back in the early 80's when it wasn't as big of a deal.

To the average cop, steroids are not that big of an issue. If it fell into their lap they'd do their job. But I don't foresee them going and searching for it too much unless they have a tip on a big payload.

Also, steroids don't seem to have a tendency to bring along the violence that alot of the street drugs have.

This is simply my opionion, but, it just amazes me that some of these huge guys that are obviously on it never seem to run into the legal ramifications. But I guess they've also been doing it long enough that they know the game and how to stay away from trouble.

Thanks for all the replies, it was just a question that popped into my head and I figured why not ask.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
So how stupid is it to disscuss steroids online? Are we all just waving big flags saying "bust me"?
That would depend, if your anyone of interest then its dumb as hell, if your selling it would put a nice big X right on you. Personal use of research products? Yah they could bust you but what would be in it for them? The best thing to do is stay clean. Most bust are caused by one of three things, rec drug involvement, bad packaging and luck (broken packages, or packages that get broken by people that can't get warrants), and last but not least diarrhea of the mouth.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
A few years back there were numerous recreational and hallucinogenic "research chemicals" available through mail-order and the Internet - I'm talking stuff just as powerful as LSD and amphetamines - and their use and availability was widely discussed on the web. Eventually, after a few people died while using one substance in particular, the DEA and FBI busted a few of the manufacturers under the analogue act, although I'm not sure if the prosecutions stuck. But going after the users was never a priority, and even the distributors only took heat once the issue got press.

In general, steroids are even less of a priority. Remember that the federal law enforcement agencies have limited resources (and since 9/11 more and more of these resources have been shifted from drug enforcement to terrorism). They can barely keep up with large-scale importers and underground manufacturers. Going after consumers just isn't practical, especially when it comes to "research chemicals" for which a conviction is difficult.

IMO, the #1 way to get caught with illegal steroids is the same as the #1 way to get caught with any illegal substance: a traffic stop.

Other than that, the only high-risk situation I can think of is interception by customs. Some international packages get x-rayed, and if there are vials or pills then they'll be opened. If illegal substances are found then the packages are sometimes just destroyed with no further consequences, but sometimes not.

The #1 way dealers get caught is when one of their customers gets arrested, flips in exchange for a deal, and sets up an undercover buy. But if you're not selling then you don't have this problem.

Just like everybody knows that pros use steroids, everybody knows that hippies (you know, dreadlocks, "Phish" t-shirt, patched corduroy pants, etc.) smoke weed. Yet most people who obviously smoke weed don't get busted either.

Last edited:
TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
To the average cop, steroids are not that big of an issue. If it fell into their lap they'd do their job. But I don't foresee them going and searching for it too much unless they have a tip on a big payload.
You hit the nail on the head. The majority of local and state cops aren't paid to investigate. They're paid to patrol and respond and, if something falls into their laps, make a bust. And those investigators in the "narcotics" unit are focused almost exclusively with recreational drugs.

The few investigators that deal solely with steroids are on the federal level, and they only have the resources and inclination to go after the very biggest of fish.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
pros get arrested .. dennis james, rodney st. cloud, and phil hernon have all been arrested just off the top of my head

plus most pros aren't dealers and usually those busted are those dealing

yup

second, quite a few pro's have a script for testosterone. and according to rick collins, nobody with a test script has ever gotten busted for any other roids.

B4n3 0n3

I don't know about only dealers getting busted, a member here, Pistonpump got busted a few days ago and he was not dealing and apparently the bust was just about steroids not rec drugs.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about only dealers getting busted, a member here, Pistonpump got busted a few days ago and he was not dealing and apparently the bust was just about steroids not rec drugs.
Do you know any details about how it happened?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yup

second, quite a few pro's have a script for testosterone. and according to rick collins, nobody with a test script has ever gotten busted for any other roids.

make that 'prosecuted' for other steroids

B4n3 0n3

Apparently the feds just knocked on piston's door and checked him out. He said they made him dump out his nolva. There was a big thread he made about it on a different board, I would post a link but I am not sure if that is kosher.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... interesting. You said he got busted. Did he actually get arrested, or did they just come to the door, ask him questions, and make him dump his nolva?

I'd like to see this thread, but you don't have PM. Would it be cool to just point me in the right direction? I'm not trying to break any rules... just something like "BB.com" or the like.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
He is probably just freaking out.

Cops are not going to bother with the everyday steroid user. They are much more concerned with dealers.

I live in DFW, TX and there is a big problem with high school steroid use. There was this guy at my gym a little while back that got popped. He was a huuugeee guy and was selling roids to the dumb kids at the gym.

There is a big difference between selling and using. For one, they are not gonna be able to pin you with as big of a case if you are just a user. Second, when you sell something on the black market, you are also committing tax evasion by making money that is not accounted for by the government.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The key is not to have enough on your person/area that even if you're not a dealer you could be considered one.

B4n3 0n3

The key is not to have enough on your person/area that even if you're not a dealer you could be considered one.
Are there certain amounts we should know about or is it just have enough for one cycle type deal?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't know that serms were illegal

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know that serms were illegal
They're not controlled substances, so I don't think they're illegal to possess. (Not sure about importation.) Distributing for human consumption without a license is definitely illegal, though.