Cycle for a Fat Guy

noviceiron

Awards
i have a friend that wants to start using AAS. He is considerably over weight and I am not sure how to advise him. I told him to loose some weight, but how much should he loose before hitting the gear? And... what would be the best stuff to use for his 1st cycle? I used dbol/test e for my first but I was in the upper teens with my bf%.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Steriods aren't for fat people (unless there is an underlying medical purpose). Just think about it, people who are considerably over-weight have existing health problems that can span from being something minimal to being something that is a heavy tax on the heart. My point is that, anyone who is overweight and would like to use steriods to use weight is very uneducated. You're really asking for problems if you're doing this. Plus, its not a long lasting fix. If the person is fat, they are fat for a reason. Adding steriods is not going to provide a solution.

Teach your friend how to eat, read, do cardio, etc.

size

Awards
  • Established
If one is overweight, then I think AAS are not for them. AAS should be used by individuals who have control and comprehension of diet and training.

In my opinion, using AAS in an overweight condition is going to lead to nothing but disappointment as in the future the individual will see AAS as the only chocie.

noviceiron

Awards
I talked to him about loosing the weght and he said he has dropped like 50lbs before. He just went through a devorice and has let himself really go. I told him he would need to get his bf% at least in the 20's before I would help him with his cycle.

Do you think 20's for bf% would be okay? Less? More?

size

Awards
  • Established
No. Your description indicates to me that he is not training or eating properly. It is ridiculous for him to even consider it.

torp

Awards
There is a slew of reasons not to consider AAS if your friend is overweight. Beside health issues such as BP, stress on the heart, higher estrogen conversion via fat; you have, as Size stated, a major lack of fundamental discipline and lack of knowledge which has to be overcome. Another issue is using hormonal compounds when in an emotional and stressful state is a recipe for disaster as you mentioned he just went through a divorce. Sounds like he has some esteem issues and emotional reconciliation to settle and to use AAS as a quick fix is not going to be a solution for him.

Honestly I would tell him to get to sub 20% BF before considering AAS. Once he gets there he may reconsider as he should have improved self-esteem and a better self-image having accomplished such a major goal on his own. Hopefully he will also be in a better emotional state to make a such a major decision.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
personally i don't think anyone should use gear if they can't get to around 12% naturally in addition to having a good deal of muscularity

your friend is no where near ready .. he obviously has NO idea about diet and most importantly discipline

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Glen, but i'll go one further, if you can't gain muscle AND cut naturally you have no business using gear.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Now if he wants something to aid him i'd say Cialabol,Anabolic Pump, Lipo-6, meal replacements, the NHA stack, bcaa's, Alpha drive XL, Restore, Rem, PowerFull, Camphibolic. Tons of options out there. I'd tell him to get down to 10% bf then see about doing a cycle.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

noviceiron

Awards
based on some of the responses, I shouldn't have done the cycles I did... I was at aprox. 18%bf when I did my first bulk and then at 20%bf when I did my second. The only time I was emotional was when I came off my second one and that only lasted a couple days. I bulked up to around 22-26%bf during each one but I liked the way I looked. yeah it was smooth, but it was big. And my gut didn't seem to hang... it stuck out a bit, but it didn't hang.

I plan on showing him where to go for information and to have him really hit the cardio & weights for the next 12 months while he does some research.

People tell him he should bounce at the clubs in vegas as people are afraid of him. He is about 6'3" and 350lbs. With the right trianing, he could be a monster.

B4n3 0n3

While I agree that the vast majority of fat guys have no buisiness at all taking steroids because lets face it, they are clueless about working out and knowing their own body. BUT some fat guys are powerlifters and powerlifters use steroids and are much stronger than even bodybuilders. Now I highly doubt your buddy is a powerlifter so tell him to wait till he has a six pack before hitting the juice.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I talked to him about loosing the weght and he said he has dropped like 50lbs before. He just went through a devorice and has let himself really go. I told him he would need to get his bf% at least in the 20's before I would help him with his cycle.

I think around 20% BF would be the maximum for a first cycle, provided that your friend is in otherwise good health (this means healthy cholesterol numbers and a liver panel to screen for fatty liver). I recently started a 4-wk Superdrol cycle at 20% BF (higher than normal due to an illness-induced layoff), but my cholesterol numbers are excellent.

If your friend has lost 50 lbs of fat before, then tell him to do it again before considering steroids. (If he needs to drop anything near 50 lbs to get down to 20% BF then he should DEFININITELY not do a cycle now.) Plus, it's silly to do a cycle now and then cut that much later, as he'll probably lose a significant amount of his gains while cutting the fat. It's not that hard to drop 10-15 lbs of fat without losing much muscle, but to drop 50 lbs without losing muscle is extremely difficult.

doom3q

Banned
Awards

Tell him he is not going to see any muscle definition and will only look fatter. I made the same mistake. Lose the weight first, then cycle. Get down to ATLEAST 15% bf and learn how to diet correctly.
He can cycle now if he wants, just shows how dumb he is.

noviceiron

Awards
I talked to him last night and he agrees that he should loose the weight... he actually said that he planned to loose before he ran a cycle. I am just not sure he could get into the teens with his bf% though... just his build. He's a big guy.

He lifted for a couple years and was very serious about it. The 50 lbs he lost was just in a 12 week period doing body for life. He actually lost more than that. I told him to run that program agian since it worked so well, then we would talk about the gear this summer if/when he got his bf% down.

Thanks for the feedback