Injection questions

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I'm planning my first injectible cycle and I got a few questions.

I know about spotinjections but they dont mention what position you should be in for various injections.

For a glute injection, would it be best to do it standing up to relax the muscle?

Also, whats the best way for a quad injection? I was thinking maybe sitting on the bed with my foot on the ground?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well i no longer inject into my ass as for some reason my mind wont let me BUT what i always did was stood up and leaned on one leg ( opposite leg ur going to shoot) so all the weight is off the leg ur shooting into , twist my body and pin.

Quads i usualy sit on a chair and relax my leg and just pin. Foot is on the ground and i make sure my leg is relaxed.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Well i no longer inject into my ass as for some reason my mind wont let me BUT what i always did was stood up and leaned on one leg ( opposite leg ur going to shoot) so all the weight is off the leg ur shooting into , twist my body and pin.

Quads i usualy sit on a chair and relax my leg and just pin. Foot is on the ground and i make sure my leg is relaxed.
Cool..That helps alot. Thanks

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
quads are the easiest in terms of access, but they can be hairy if you hit a nerve, and there are lots there. i personally put my foot up on a chair or table - makes the muscle extra floppy, which helps a great deal with insertion and diffusion. proceed with caution.

glutes are cake, except for the twisting. i think most do them standing up, but some newbs lay on their sides and have a (close) friend shoot them up until they get comfortable.

delts are probably the easiest, and for me, the least painful. you can get 3ml in there w/ a 1" 25g and it's like nothing ever happened. i would def recommend it.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
quads are the easiest in terms of access, but they can be hairy if you hit a nerve, and there are lots there. i personally put my foot up on a chair or table - makes the muscle extra floppy, which helps a great deal with insertion and diffusion. proceed with caution.

glutes are cake, except for the twisting. i think most do them standing up, but some newbs lay on their sides and have a (close) friend shoot them up until they get comfortable.

delts are probably the easiest, and for me, the least painful. you can get 3ml in there w/ a 1" 25g and it's like nothing ever happened. i would def recommend it.

I agree delts are the easiest, but it took me a while to work up to that volume of oil for them. Most starting out would have to use 1-2ml at the most to ascertain comfort.

3mls if you have big a55 delts ;)

I find it more uncomfortable to stand doing any pinning. What I do for Glutes/Ventros is I lay on the couch and prop my pinning arm up on the backrest. I twist over and find a nice position that I could be comfortable in for 5 minutes or so. Then I go to work.

Traps are the most sketchy for me just for the awkwardness of it... and plus they are scary the first time.

Pecs, easy but can be uncomfortable at first.

Calves suck in terms of short esters and pin on the outside of the calf.. not the inside.

Biceps took some time to warm up to.. I can tell you to go SLOW and if you feel something shocking, you hit a nerve.. pull back slightly and angle away..

Quads have a ****load of nerves and everytime I've hit a nerve, it's been in either the Quad or Bicep

Triceps are easy as hell, so are Lats but you should have some actual muscle there before pinning. which means you should have some actual muscle before pinning anything. :twisted:

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree delts are the easiest, but it took me a while to work up to that volume of oil for them. Most starting out would have to use 1-2ml at the most to ascertain comfort.

3mls if you have big a55 delts ;)

I find it more uncomfortable to stand doing any pinning. What I do for Glutes/Ventros is I lay on the couch and prop my pinning arm up on the backrest. I twist over and find a nice position that I could be comfortable in for 5 minutes or so. Then I go to work.

Traps are the most sketchy for me just for the awkwardness of it... and plus they are scary the first time.

Pecs, easy but can be uncomfortable at first.

Calves suck in terms of short esters and pin on the outside of the calf.. not the inside.

Biceps took some time to warm up to.. I can tell you to go SLOW and if you feel something shocking, you hit a nerve.. pull back slightly and angle away..

Quads have a ****load of nerves and everytime I've hit a nerve, it's been in either the Quad or Bicep

Triceps are easy as hell, so are Lats but you should have some actual muscle there before pinning. which means you should have some actual muscle before pinning anything. :twisted:
ubi were you going for site enhancement with the calves and bis?? those are just such small muscles in comparison to the others.

hitting nerves or veins in biceps SUCKS....shoot, hitting them anywhere sucks. i used to hit nerves in quads and that was unpleasant...it's happened alot less since i propped the leg up and made the muscle extra flaccid.

i forgot about lats...i used to stick my IGF there because it took 2 seconds...dunno about a 2 minute oil inject...i may have to look into them again if i ever decide to shoot ED again (prolly not gonna happen)

i love injecting! it's always a little uncertain and potentially painful, yet i always look forward to it :twisted:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I used to like it untill running 3 months of ed shots. Gets old. :D

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I used Calves/Triceps/Biceps during an ED run, in addition to my usual sites, and regretted the calves tremendously.

I'm trying an "experimental" site enhancement this very day in fact, funny that you ask. :D Biceps.. always a pleasure... kind of freaky, but fun.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff guys. Where was all this knowledge over on the thread I posted asking about the proper way to do sub-q injects? :)

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
sub-q's are a breeze. IM is for the us masochists. ;)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
lol, yah. I can imagine IM is much more difficult than sub-q. Maybe you can give me a run down of how to do a proper sub-q inject..? As in the need to aspiritate, and how for you need to stick the needle in before you hit the sub-q layer of skin, and that sort of thing.

knox

Awards
  • Established
the hardest thing i've found is aspirating solo. Other than that it's pretty easy. One thing that i reccomend is taking a hot shower before you inject. I notice the injection goes much smoother and less pain the next day.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
How often do you hit nerves when injecting, and is it just luck of the draw? I was starting to feel good about my first injectible cycle coming up in feb/march, been reading people saying that it's just a breeze. Now after this thread and all the talk of hitting nerves...i hope i'm not too jumpy the first time.heh

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Gator, I've only hit nerves in my Bis and Quads.. everywhere else has been smooth as silk.

Some key points to remember:

Go slow. The less needle "wiggle" the better. If you feel you are approaching a nerve, (you will know by a subtle electric feeling, or twitch of the muscle) then pull back slightly and change the angle a tad. If you are aspirating with one hand, don't sweat it.. just slowly slide your hand back to get a grasp of the plunger, put a finger on the barrel hilt, and pull back in that fashion.

As same_old pointed out, one of the main keys is to keep the muscle 'flacid'. It helps a lot. Quads are very easy, I don't want to sway you by talking about the horrors of hitting nerves.. as it really isn't THAT BAD.

Inject the oil slowly too. ;) You'll do fine. The big muscles are a breeze.

shock

Awards
In my opinion, quads are the best because it is a big muscle, and they are very easy access. I never had problems with hitting nerves, but I wouldn't take just my word for it. Maybe I am just lucky?

blackheart

blackheart

Awards
IME with glutes (when pinning b12, of course), it's easiest to just sit right down on the toilet and twist your upper torso around towards your rear with the rest of you in a natural seated position. This makes it easy to hold the pin steady with the opposite hand while penetrating, aspirating, and injecting. Also a little wrist-to-hip contact will make it easier to hold the twist if you're not that flexible and will also put the pin right in the target zone for the shot. Sitting down also limits the exposed area of skin, preventing a person from shooting too low -- maybe not a problem for you, I dunno.

Agreed the quads are another good one, seated again but with the target leg extended, up on a chair or something. Unfortunately, I seem to have developed a knack for finding nerves there (kinda like when the doctor hits you in the knee with that rubber mallet). Whereas I used to get away with this without too much trouble, I try to avoid this when possible, but 4 sites (2 glutes, 2 quads) is more than enough for twice weekly injections.

These guys who are pinning calves, biceps, etc. are way too hardcore for me (and likely on shorter esters). For a first cycle, I think you can easily eschew this route. Delts if you are a big enough guy, but until you get the hand of it, I would just point out that it's easier to keep a gnarly bruise on your ass covered than one on your shoulder.

Overall, but sure and keep it clean -- Wash hands, inject site first. Alcohol swabs on the vial, injection site; Avoid cross-contamination.

Jared

Awards
For myself, glute injections were easiest when sitting on the edge of the bathtub. Just take a seat and rotate your upper body to the side of injection.

PITDAWG

Awards
I have read else where that you can possibly get abcesses in the glutes?? Is this true and have any of you experienced this? The reason I ask is that I got a burning sensation from my last pinning of Tren E and the next day had a small knot under the skin. Took hot showers and massaged the muscle as best as I could and today it is better and not so tender when I touch it. Was contiplating other sareas as well if this continues......

DAWG

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
you can get an abcess anywhere. Look for telltale signs of a bacterial abcess. Streaking, red marks. Warm/hot to the touch. Fever... swelling of the site. If you have all these signs, it is better to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics to take care of it, as these can be very risky.

Sterile abcesses (the ones I've had) are non-bacterial and less harmful, but can develop some nasty scar tissue. Swelling and soreness come with these, but no streaking or red marks. I drained one of white puss, at least 1cc worth, if not more. You get these if you put too much oil in a certain spot too often, in my experience.

blackheart

blackheart

Awards
you can get an abcess anywhere. Look for telltale signs of a bacterial abcess. Streaking, red marks. Warm/hot to the touch. Fever... swelling of the site. If you have all these signs, it is better to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics to take care of it, as these can be very risky.

Sterile abcesses (the ones I've had) are non-bacterial and less harmful, but can develop some nasty scar tissue. Swelling and soreness come with these, but no streaking or red marks. I drained one of white puss, at least 1cc worth, if not more. You get these if you put too much oil in a certain spot too often, in my experience.
There But for the Grace of God go I

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm trying an "experimental" site enhancement this very day in fact, funny that you ask. :D Biceps.. always a pleasure... kind of freaky, but fun.

I noticed calf injections caused alot of pain.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Prop and Calves is probably the worst.. yes. :D

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Did my first ever injection today!

Right glute...painless.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't feel anything tomorrow unless it's a short ester, or you wiggled the needle.

welcome ;)

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
1cc of Test E 300. I used a 23G 1.5"

There was only slight pain when inserting...other than that, nothing. I'm glad as I thought my first one may hurt and I need to hit legs today

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't feel anything tomorrow unless it's a short ester, or you wiggled the needle.

welcome ;)
Excellent. I appreciate all the help you and the other guys have lended to help with my crossing to the darkside.

I was super caucious and wanted to have everything in line. I really dont see what all the fuss is about. Injection was easy as pie!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pretty cake huh?

I think I've seen some vaginas squeem over that stuff.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Pretty cake huh?

I think I've seen some vaginas squeem over that stuff.
O yea! Today its a little painful. I woke up with an aching ass :jaw:

Maybe its cause I annihilated legs yesterday in the gym but I'm sure it will get better once my body gets used to the injections.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Ah, it's 300mg/ml... That concentration of Test E can hurt. Some preparations do, some don't.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
It went in like butter...no pain at all. I figure that this is new to my body so it may take a while to build a tolerance to IM injections. I'll surely get better at performing IMs as well. I just hope this **** clears up before my next leg workout.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
the delayed onset is quite normal with higher concentrations of compounds, or just standard with short esters. You may need to just get used to it. For a first I would think you'd go for the standard concentration of 250mg/ml.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
the delayed onset is quite normal with higher concentrations of compounds, or just standard with short esters. You may need to just get used to it. For a first I would think you'd go for the standard concentration of 250mg/ml.
I probably would have but I got an unbeatable deal on my gear and this was the only blend of cyp or enanthate that they offer. I'll deal with it.

Any idea on how many days this will last?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
never had a problem with 300.. but it is argued that some of the painful preparations of Enan can be attributed to Heptoic acid in the raw material. Even low concentations have been painful.

Anyways, running off topic.. A few days.. can get in the way of training if severe.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
never had a problem with 300.. but it is argued that some of the painful preparations of Enan can be attributed to Heptoic acid in the raw material. Even low concentations have been painful.

Anyways, running off topic.. A few days.. can get in the way of training if severe.
Interesting...thanks for all the info.

I do mon/thurs injects. Im doing a push/pull split with my primary leg work on the push day (mon/thurs-same day as injects). I'm sure it wont be too big of a deal.

I really cant wait for my 7th or 8th shot when this stuff really starts to kick in!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the sh*tty thing is... you start to build up scar tissue and the needle won't go in the muscle.

That sh*t sucks.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
the sh*tty thing is... you start to build up scar tissue and the needle won't go in the muscle.

That sh*t sucks.
How many injects does it really take to get that bad?

I have noticed that pushing in the needle gave a little more pain this week but there is no afterpain. Once I get the needle in, its COMPLETELY pain free.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I noticed after about my 20th injection with a 25g 1.5" that it was hard to push it in past the first poke.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Regarding scar tissue, you will notice it when you start to hear a squeak and feel a vibration as you slide it in.. It's good to really get comfortable with any spot that is available and suitable for IM on your body... constant rotation will save you this for at least a while..

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established

Sameold: I'm about to start a cycle of deca-durabolin and was wanting to inject into my delts. Do you think a 1" 25gague would be the best bet in this case? How often did you inject in your delts. I'm worried about soreness when working out shoulders and compound movements that involve shoulders.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
everyone should have at least 8 sites
your:
2 delts
2 glutes
2 lats
2 bis
and there's also quads and tris .. i don't do the last two because they kill me, but many do and love them ... there are too many easy sites not to rotate through more of them

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
23g or 25g, depending on viscosity of oil.