PH's and Hair loss

B

Bryan

Awards
I'm 19 and going to be going a 1-test cycle soon as we discussed in the other thread. My mother's father still has a full set of hair at age 65, should I still worry about MPB? How does one know if they are prone to hairloss or MPB? I did a search already

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If gramps is still sportin' a 'fro, no need in sweating it, brother.. :)

Even if you got an uncle or two with the Robocop hairline, as long as your Mom's Dad isn't leaving a trail of fuzzies, no worries..

Yes, I always answer with silly lines.. :D

R

rjones

Awards
There is stuff to help prevent hairloss if you're worried. Checkout wholesalehairproducts.com , they have stuff to help. Also, does anyone know what is best type of prevention for a 1-test, 4-ad stack?

B

Bryan

Awards
Hehe sounds good pete, I'm still going to watch it closely just to make sure. I'm hoping to do a 1-test/1,4-andro cycle 6 weeks after this upcoming cycle. and hairloss is the only thing I can see preventing me from doing the second cycle.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I think the bigger question is has anyone ever lost hair due to a PH cycle? I don't think I have read one time where this happened to someone. Maybe I've missed them.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, I've shed the most on 1-ad, some on 1-test/4-ad/1,4 andro. Nothing incredible, but definitely happening. Check out Dio's posts here and over at BB.com for the best info around on this. :)

N

neurotic

Awards
The best way to counteract hairloss related to anabolic steroids/prohormones might be to wash your head with a Ketoconazole 2% shampoo (i.e. Nizoral) and then use a 2% Spironolactone solution, adding emu-oil to the mix won't hurt either.

D

dave123

Awards
I had some problems a couple cycles back with the hair thinning and also with some scalp acne. Last cycle I used Nizoral shampoo and took milk thistle and saw pawmento. Problem went away and I've been told my hair looks thicker.

N

neurotic

Awards
Saw palmetto hasn't been demonstrated to inhibit 5AR. As BigCat says: "This herbs has been attributed a lot of properties, neither is true, but it's good for one thing: PROTECTING THE PROSTATE"
Let's hope that Saw Palmetto doesn't reduce DHT concentrations, so that all of us trying to protect the prostate without sacrifying gains can use it!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
yea, i lost a little bit on my first 1-AD cycle, and it was only 2 weeks long. i was also usin the spiro and Neutrogena T-gel shampoo w/ coal tar extract.

im thinkin about just using Nizoralman's Spiro 2% on a regular basis anyhow. seems like it can be of help if used early on and for quite a while-like 4-5 years. any help on this Dio?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
would taking spiro 2% on a regular basis for a consistent 4-5 years have any benefits? (such as protecting the hairline, regrowth, etc.)
if taken at an early enough stage.

i dunno, maybe i misunderstood it before.

thx

D

Dio

Awards
It would definitely help protect your hair. Wouldn't really make a difference unless your hair started falling out already or you were using it during a PH cycle to reduce the chances or hair loss.

N

neurotic

Awards
It would definitely help protect your hair. Wouldn't really make a difference unless your hair started falling out already or you were using it during a PH cycle to reduce the chances or hair loss.
The main use of spiro is precisely during a steroid/ph cycle in order to bind to the scalp androgen receptors so that less androgens from the phs you are taking bind to those receptors.

B

Bigmac

Awards
I'm using a 19Nor/4AD stack, which should cause little or no hairloss... but am using Propecia. Something is possible between the two that can cause hairloss right? I read something about that, can somebody explain it to me?

Also, I'm using Nizarol, to spot reduce the DHT. Will this take care of the problem with the Propecia and 19Nor?

D

Dio

Awards
Finasteride (the ingredient in propecia and proscar) inhibits 5 alpha reduction. In the case of testosterone, this is a good thing because it reduces to DHT, which is much more androgenic. In the case of nandrolone (which is what nordiol converts to) it reduces to DHN which is LESS androgenic.

Because of this fact, many people feel that you should not use 5ar inhibitors with nandrolone products. For the most part I disagree. Nandrolone in it's unreduced form is still less androgenic than test, so unless you're using a large amount of it, there's really no reason to be concerned. If using with a test product, then you will have much more problems from the test, then you would from nandrolone, so you still want to use the 5ar inhinbitor.

Nizoral may work by inhibiting DHT production, or it may be due to it's anti-inflamatory properties. Probably a combination of both. It will definitely help in this and other situations.

N

neurotic

Awards
I have read a Bill Roberts article claiming that nandrolone in its non-5-alfa-reduced form is twice more androgenic than testosterone. However, I had read that nandrolone was 2.5 more anabolic than testosterone. So it might have been a mistyped concept by mr. Roberts, who, by the way I don't happen to trust as I have read things which don't convince many experts...
I think that all of us would have it more clear if someone could post a list with the anabolic:androgenic ratio of the most know steroids!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hey dio, do u think that Nizoral shampoo would be better than using the Neutrogena T/gel with coal tar extract? in conjunction with the spiro 2%?

also, would hair loss be expected a bit from a 1, 4 androdione and 4AD cycle?

if so, more than 1AD or less?

thx a lot bro.

D

Dio

Awards
I have read a Bill Roberts article claiming that nandrolone in its non-5-alfa-reduced form is twice more androgenic than testosterone. However, I had read that nandrolone was 2.5 more anabolic than testosterone. So it might have been a mistyped concept by mr. Roberts, who, by the way I don't happen to trust as I have read things which don't convince many experts...
I think that all of us would have it more clear if someone could post a list with the anabolic:androgenic ratio of the most know steroids!
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it's less androgenic. I have a paper somewhere that specs it out. I'll post back when I find it.

Roberts sometimes gets hammered a little more than he deserves (I've been guilty of this too) but he does tend to know what he's talking about.

D

Dio

Awards
hey dio, do u think that Nizoral shampoo would be better than using the Neutrogena T/gel with coal tar extract? in conjunction with the spiro 2%?

also, would hair loss be expected a bit from a 1, 4 androdione and 4AD cycle?

if so, more than 1AD or less?

thx a lot bro.
Nizoral dries my scalp out, so I personally aleternate a coal tar shampoo with it. So the answer is use both. Spiro will definitely help as noted above.

It's entirely possible to lose hair from using 1, 4 and 4AD. I lost some while using 1,4 because I did not consistantly use spiro. For future (if any) cycles I'd be sure to use spiro 2x/day. It's no guarantee, but it's definitely the best thing currently available.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Where is a good place to buy Nizoral online?

Thanks

Nizoral man is actually OUT OF STOCK on it. YIKES.

K

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19 and going to be going a 1-test cycle soon as we discussed in the other thread. My mother's father still has a full set of hair at age 65, should I still worry about MPB? How does one know if they are prone to hairloss or MPB? I did a search already
To be honest with you bro, 1-test caused a little hairloss (hair line) but on my current d-bol/test/eq cycle i have noticed none and i'm almost done week 6. Everyone is different when it comes to this **** and you won't know if you're prone until it happens, i thought i was in the clear but i wasn't. I won't touch tren or winny for this reason. I have been using the hair stack from nizman but only once a day usually and don't know if its working or not as i dont' know if i would lose hair on my cycle without it but it's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck with your cycle, email me on how it's goin!

B

bigbadboss101

Awards
Some guy ships Nizoral out of Eastern Canada. Can find that on Ebay. I don't know if that price is good. I am using Tgel, and had been using Nizoral. I think I will go pick up a replacement battle.

A long time ago I started losing hair when I used Head and Shoulders. Any idea why?

D

Dio

Awards
Some guy ships Nizoral out of Eastern Canada. Can find that on Ebay. I don't know if that price is good. I am using Tgel, and had been using Nizoral. I think I will go pick up a replacement battle.

A long time ago I started losing hair when I used Head and Shoulders. Any idea why?
Could be a coincidence or maybe some irritation. Actually, if anything the zinc content of H&S should help a little bit as opposed to hurting your hair situation.

L

LIFTER23

Awards
as long as your Mom's Dad isn't leaving a trail of fuzzies, no worries..

Is this true? My moms dad didnt lose any hair his whole life, but my dad did. Does that mean that im not prone to MPB, or have anything to worry about while on a PH cycle? Seems to good to be true.

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Baldness is passed from your mother and her father. Your dad got it from his mother and he will not pass it to you. He will pass it to his daughter and her son.
I think this is how it works but i have been known to be wrong before.
I went bald when i was 25.
Bring on the androgens is my motto!

Bald guys should not have daughters and if they do they should let a guy with hair adopt them.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is this mother's side theory true or is it just popular bullcrap that I keep hearing? I've never seen or heard a proper study giving credence to that.

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Is this mother's side theory true or is it just popular bullcrap that I keep hearing? I've never seen or heard a proper study giving credence to that.

bump to that

I think its true from my own experience.

X

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
thats reminds me of my genetic class.......males have XY chromosomes. sometimes X dominate a trait and Y dominates other traits. in case baldness the X chromosomes (female chromosomes which you get from your Mom. is the dominate) is the dominate. so if your mothers MOTHER (not father) or uncles are bald then u are in danger zone of losing your hair.

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Medical science has proven it?
He didnt give any references. Unless you agree to a consultation.
He wants business from everyone. Not just those with bad genes.

You cant notice a slight change. A hair here a hair there.
When you go bald you know it.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is stuff to help prevent hairloss if you're worried. Checkout wholesalehairproducts.com , they have stuff to help. Also, does anyone know what is best type of prevention for a 1-test, 4-ad stack?
You may experience some problems with wholsalehair... because the owner recently passed away -tragic-

L

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
19 Year olds should not be using androgens! How am I the first to say this?

I strongly suggest waiting 2 years. By then you can see what your natural potential might be, you'd also probably know if you're prone to MPB by then.

I use Nizoral EOD on-cycle & have never lost a hair. I am not prone to MBP though.