Phera Plex and Beer

jamesf

Awards
I am getting ready to start a cycle of Phera Plex. I know that for one day out of this cycle I will have to attend a social function where there will be alcohol and I will be expected to have a couple of beers. My Question: How bad is it to consume 6-8 beers one day out of my phera plex cycle? Is it bad enough to completely put off my cycle?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How many days until this social occasion?
I wont lie to ya,.. there have been more then one occasion where I drank on cycle. BUT,.. I cant tell you what harm it did,.. NOT SAYING THAT NO HARD WAS DONE,.. I just cant quantify the additional damage to my liver...
This is all beside the fact that you dont HAVE to drink,.. or drink 6-8 beers... of that you cant have 2-3 real beers, and the rest non-alcholic... It's not like this is unevoidable
If this event is a few days away, I would say just put off your cycle until afterwards. There are always things you can take a few extra days to do that ca nimprove your cycle: plan your diet better,.. do a little more grocery shopping, sit down and write your routine, examin other areas that may assist you in reaching your goals.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IF you can hold out,.. then ya might as well wait until afterwards.
BAsicly, .. I feel that if this is as big a delima then your not 100% dedicated to your cycle. Apparently, it's just something your doing,..
Since you've considered putting it off 2 weeks so you have a few beers one night, there probably isnt much of a rush on doing your cycle. Waiting shouldnt be a problem.

But, like most things,.. it's your call

jamesf

Awards
I guess I could always lose a few inches on the waist in the meantime.
Stats:

6'0 tall
238 lbs.
25% bf
* I have been working 3-4 times a week since June 2005.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
First of all it is a moral dilemma that only you can answer. I will tell you I have had a coupld of beers before on a methyl, but I drank a ton of water and said many a prayers. I felt pretty drunk the next day. It is a really BAD idea. If you can minimize the damage and still be in control, then the rest is up to you. There might be consequences...

jamesf

Awards
Man... That is my biggest fear. Hurting the liver like that makes me want to postpone the cycle. I will eat clean and maintain a 2,000 calorie diet for the next month. Do you think that 25% bf is ridiculously high? It seems the more I cut the more gains I lose and the more I bulk my body fat goes up. The beauty for me would be to cut and by some stroke of magic make insane gains.....in a perfect world...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i drink occasionally on cycle .. but i never use orals .. i figure if you're going to drink at all do it when you can't lower your test levels with alcohol since your test is exogeneous .. however on an oral i would never drink

as a sidenote .. i really believe you'd be a lot better off dropping your body fat to at least the mid teens before doing any type of cycle

jamesf

Awards
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know of any ways keep gains going up while cutting, dropping bf?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obviously diet is key, but IMO it is really hard in a real world situation to put on decent size AND cut at the same time (I'm not talking anabolics though...).

As far as maintaining LBM while cutting I have been reading a lot about Ecdysterone (ecdy) and I'm going to give it a try once Nutra puts out their own private label product.

jamesf

Awards
That stuff sounds awesome from what I am reading. I am going to give it a try while keeping my calories around 2,000 a day. Tons of tuna.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

jamesf

Awards
Thanks. I am going to grab some and give it a whirl. Any brands that are better than the others?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. I am going to grab some and give it a whirl. Any brands that are better than the others?
Ebol by Thermolife is brand new to the market, but Anagen by Scivation has been around for a little while now...I'm not sure about other choices. I'm waiting for Nutra to come out with their own private label stuff...it'll be a couple weeks though.

There's probably a log or two around here for Anagen.

jamesf

Awards
Very Cool. I just ordered some SciVation Anagen, 90 Capsules.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who'd you get it from? Just wondering...I like to support the board sponsors.

jamesf

Awards
gotcha. I ordered through bodybuilding.com. I usually order all of my supps. through them. Is there a better place? I paid $24.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gotcha. I ordered through bodybuilding.com. I usually order all of my supps. through them. Is there a better place? I paid $24.
That's pretty much the standard price although I got mine a few weeks ago for under $20. I'm not sure where I got mine though, but I know it was a sale/coupon code from one of the sponsors.

jamesf

Awards
How is it possible to get hooked up with the board sponsors?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you sign up on their websites they'll send out coupons to your email every once in a while. You also have to just plan ahead and take advantage of sales. I just picked up some stuff from NutraPlanet this week for $10 and it's usually $30 (I got some Reduce XT!).

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
be expected to have a couple of beers
Man F*** em. Just don't drink. What are they going to do, arrest you for not drinking alcohol? The answer to this thread is quite simple. Don't drink!

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
im not gonna lie, ive gotten wasted on a few occasions while taking superdrol...just dont do it much and make sure u take cycle support. Also i think youll be fine, i dont think u need to wait on your cycle due to having to drink some beer one night, but at the same time if i were u i would try and lower my bf before taking anything, you willl see more noticable results that way

jamesf

Awards
Thanks Guys! My bf is really starting to weigh on my mind today. Have you guys tried stomach vacuums and if so had any good results with this exercise?

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Guys! My bf is really starting to weigh on my mind today. Have you guys tried stomach vacuums and if so had any good results with this exercise?

dont let it get you down man, itll go away, just stay focused. Are u doing cardio or taking anything to help you lose fat?

jamesf

Awards
I am going to try SciVation Anagen, 90 Capsules to help with fat loss and keep my gains. I have tried Nutrex Lipo6 in the past and had good results. I usually do 15-30 minutes stationary bike after I weight train 3-4x a week. I take GABA at night along with 5 HTP and melatonin for rest. My bf has been high my entire life. When I reach my goal of 10% bf I will be so happy not to mention not looking puffy.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am going to try SciVation Anagen, 90 Capsules to help with fat loss and keep my gains. I have tried Nutrex Lipo6 in the past and had good results. I usually do 15-30 minutes stationary bike after I weight train 3-4x a week. I take GABA at night along with 5 HTP and melatonin for rest. My bf has been high my entire life. When I reach my goal of 10% bf I will be so happy not to mention not looking puffy.
Do you think you could up with a log? Even if you just checked in every few days...it might help keep you going. Just a thought.

Oh, and have you checked out FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

jamesf

Awards
Most Definitely.
Today:
5:30AM
2 cups high fiber cereal
1 bannanna
1Coq10,fishoil tab, 1 chromium picolinate, 1 cla, 1 tab glucosamine & chondroitin and 1 Multi vitamin = 300

9:30 AM
1 Muscle Milk Shake with 1 % milk = 600 calories

12 PM
1 package Bumblebee Tuna & 1 Lean Cusine + 300 calories

3:00 PM
1 Bannana

4:00 PM

Train Bi's and Tri's
Bi's:
4 sets of drop sets startind with 40's, 35's, 30's
4 sets of cable curl drops starting with 35lbs. finishing with 30's

Tri's:
4 Sets of Drops on Sitdown Tri Machine 100 lbs - 90 lbs.
4 Sets Drops Rope Pull Down Tri's 50 - 40 lbs

Stationary Bike: 15 minutes

6:00 PM

1 Muscle Milk Shake = 600 calories

9:00 PM

Steak and Veggies = 400 Calories

10:30
Melatonin, 5htp, GABA, sleep

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can drink for that one night. dont drink until your so drunk tho just catch a buzz or drink to be social(4 beers.) Ive done it, It wont kill you but it definately wont help you.