WTF, can't draw Test Ethan from a 25 gauge pin!

habit50

Awards
Thanks in advance for any advice.

I recently decided to join the darkside and bought a decent round of Galenika Test Ethanate in 250mg vials.

Being a novice I opted for 25gauge 1.5" pins for glute injections, thinking it would be the least painful. My mistake, as I would much rather opted to bring the pain along with the test, instead of neither.

A couple of questions: Since the test is in amps and I have to break the glass what kind of precautions do I take for sterility. I mean I am breaking it open with pliers dipped in alcohol for now.

Also, I absolutely can not draw up the test solution with these pins (B-D). I have tried drawing a vacuum by drawing air into the syringe put that serves no purpose (IMHO) when the amp is broken apart and far beyond vacuum sealed.

I have heated the amps in hot water to lower viscosity and still no go. I opted to break the amps open and pour them in the syringe (alcohol swabbing everything in the process) and then sticking myself. When I depress the plunger, NOTHING moves. I can't even aspirate. If I press hard enough on the plunger the needle head comes off and my beloved test feeds the carpet.

Same as when I go to draw from the amps, I can get nothing into the syringe. Keep in mind these are totally fresh syringes, not dropped or banged around to get a damaged tip.

If 25 gauge works for delts, tri's, etc, why can't I draw the test into them from the amps for glute injections? I am baffled.

Please help, I want to start this cycle and I keep wasting valuable test!

Should I just opt for 23 or 22 gauge 1.5" pins? Would it be that much easier to draw and subsequently inject the Test Ethan with that diameter needle, and how much more is the pain (this is only a minor concern, I can handle it). I JUST WANT TO CYCLE DAMMIT.

Thanks guys.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
You need 18 gauge draw pins then switch to 22gauge for the injections, 22gauge isn't bad at all. The only think you'll be injecting with a 25gauge is suspensions. Also don't worry about dipping the pliers in alcohol , they aren't touching the actual steroid (i hope).

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
you'll never be able to draw an oil through a 25g, don't even bother trying.

order some 18g or 21g (order the needles only) and use those to draw, and once drawn replace them with the 25g.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
umm i do all my injects with a 25g and never have a problem

Sendo

Awards
umm i do all my injects with a 25g and never have a problem
same. I'm not sure why people have problems with this. It's a bit slower, but you don't even feel it stick in you. Which is a blessing if you do ED injects.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
buy a bunch of 20g 1.5"... unscrew the 25's and place them in a sterile place while you put the 20g on... draw with the 20g and then switch back to the 25g you have.... easy peasy japanesey. That's the way to do it.

23g-25g to shoot with... 20g to draw with.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
buy a bunch of 20g 1.5"... unscrew the 25's and place them in a sterile place while you put the 20g on... draw with the 20g and then switch back to the 25g you have.... easy peasy japanesey. That's the way to do it.

23g-25g to shoot with... 20g to draw with.

Thats what i do! I only use 23g for my glut shots everything else is 25g!

tattoopierced1

i've injected with 25's before, but they take too long to push heavy oils in. Now I use a 20g to draw with, and a 23 to pin with. There is virtually no difference in pain between a 25 and 23g pin, only in time it takes to depress the plunger.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've injected with 25's before, but they take too long to push heavy oils in. Now I use a 20g to draw with, and a 23 to pin with. There is virtually no difference in pain between a 25 and 23g pin, only in time it takes to depress the plunger.
really? Well most 23 gauge are longer. I havent seen 23g 5/8inch yet(i also havent searched yet). If you used a 1 1/2 inch needle for a small body part what is the chance of hitting bone? What would happen?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
a 1 inch pin should be sufficient for all body parts (aside from glutes 1.5 inches) .. if 1 inch is too long to inject anywhere .. you don't have enough muscle to be using gear yet anyway

tattoopierced1

I use a 1" for everywhere. Works fine in delts, glutes, quads. I actually might start going 1.5" for glutes though.

IMO, 5/8" isnt long enough to pin gear in any of those places.

tattoopierced1

likewise. 25G 1" goes everywhere. it might take a tad longer but i wasn't aware of there being a race.
no race, just easier to push in once you stick. creates less of a chance to move the needle around while pushing the plunger. Theres been a few times where I've shot with a 25 with some THICK oil and had to push extremely hard on the plunger and moved it a bit, making things a bit more sore. thats the only reason I use the 23's, I can pretty much do things with just one hand and not have to push so hard on the plunger.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i understand the point of it but i guess i've never had a problem like you parkinsons patients :D

habit50

Awards
I must be retarded, because how can you not DRAW with a 25 gauge but still be able to push the oil out with it? Wouldn't that defy the physical properties of my beloved test, as it can not enter but it can exit through the same size pin?

Why would you not be able to get it in the syringe but still be able to push it out? (and I pushed HARD, leaving quite a few sores today. I tried a few times, my ass is a pincushion)

Is it ok to draw with a 22 or 23 or should I just get a 20 or 18 and pin with a 23/22?

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
It's just simpler, and easier to draw with a larger guage.. .it is not impossible to draw with 25, or 23, but it is inefficient and tiresome as you know already.

Regarding your amps, score the kneck with a butterknife and use a pencap to snap it cleanly. Or you can get an ampopener....even better.

It's always good to switch needles after drawing regardless... butyl on multidose vials will dull the needle you draw with... and you will invariably scrape the tip of the drawing needle on the glass bottom of the AMP, dulling it worse than the other method even.

Draw with 20g... pin with 23g-25g.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how do you know when to stop the needle? how far in is what i mean?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
how do you know when to stop the needle? how far in is what i mean?
When pinning? I stop a millimeter shy of burying the leur tip. On Terumo, just before the white part that affixes the needle to the leur lock. That's always deep enough. The deeper the better as you want to deposit the oil depot away from the adipose layer... or else it will be irritated. ;)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see....thanks for that info ubi!

ERRRR....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ubiquitous again. oh well im sure you get laid often by rep points. lol

B4n3 0n3

If drawing is so hard with a 25g how are you going to be able to aspirate with it?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
aspirating is really easy .. you aren't drawing in oil

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why dont you heat the oil up before drawing like placing it in a hot water filled bowl, def makes the viscosity less. follow ubi's advice and draw with 20's and inject SLOWLY with 25's. Makes it so much easier...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont see why so many people say you cant use 25g for oil injections. my oil flows through a 25g without any problems at all. get by with the smallest needle you can. you dont want a bunch of nasty scar tissue...i had to find this out the hard way.