need help! package/customs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i need some advise on this please. i ordered a pack international for small quantity of powder only. it was shipped by dhl and went thru west coast to east very quickly (usa). the pack ended up in nearby town dhl facility and was expecting it yesterday. i called dhl and they told me customs in ohio wanted the pack to be sent back. they also said that its been happening more frequently now w/ pack being sent back. i'm pretty nervous about this. what should i do bros' w/ experience? not except pack or should i just chill as the dhl lady said its more common for customs to re-check nowadays?? please help me out on this one.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are nervous than I would clear your house of all illicit substances.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
clean house .. run some kind of evidence eliminator program on your computer .. really get rid of emails and stay off these sites for a few days .. i would consider it lost and not sign for it ... no amount of money lost is worth your potential freedom

just my 2 cents

tattoopierced1

forget about your order. dont sign for it, refuse it if they try delivery and clean house.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
forget about your order. dont sign for it, refuse it if they try delivery and clean house.
its just some powder. do you think that they will have it tested? its a damn shame b/c at 1 point it was just 15 min. from my house. it actually left ohio customs w/ no prob and ended up in jersey. and now they want it back. thats odd b/c you'd figure that they examined it already. its back in ohio now, very very strange.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Everything they said, but maybe we can discuss one other idea. If you live in a house in a neighborhood, leave a note that states: Please leave all deliveries at door. I am away.

If they leave it and don't have to sign for it, leave it at your front door for a WEEK.

Just an idea.... But protect your freedom.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
what happens if they send a seizure notice? i've never had this happen to me. appreciate the help bros'.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your screwed. Sounds like dhl is stalling you, if Ohio customs is in fact involved already, then they are possibly working with local customs agents/dea task force agents that operate heavily and aggresively in NJ, and may be already obtaining an arrest warrant and 'no knock' search warrant for your house. A guy will show up dressed like a dhl driver, ask you to sign for you package, then after about 10 minutes, they will break your door down, and take you into custody while they search your house for anything thats even the least bit illegal.

DONT SIGN FOR ANYTHING: DONT ACCEPT ANYTHING: DONT LEAVE ANY NOTES OR ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING: DO WHAT MULLET WROTE:CLEAR YOUR HOUSE OF ANYTHING REMOTELY ILLICIT.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like your screwed. Sounds like dhl is stalling you, if Ohio customs is in fact involved already, then they are possibly working with local customs agents/dea task force agents that operate heavily and aggresively in NJ, and may be already obtaining an arrest warrant and 'no knock' search warrant for your house. A guy will show up dressed like a dhl driver, ask you to sign for you package, then after about 10 minutes, they will break your door down, and take you into custody while they search your house for anything thats even the least bit illegal.

DONT SIGN FOR ANYTHING: DONT ACCEPT ANYTHING: DONT LEAVE ANY NOTES OR ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING: DO WHAT MULLET WROTE:CLEAR YOUR HOUSE OF ANYTHING REMOTELY ILLICIT.
if i was in s. norman's shoes right now and i read what you just said i think i would shat myself. no need to scare him so badly.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Irish Cannon, I wasnt trying to come off badly, just trying to make him aware of what might happen, it is scary, and if he got a headsup by the phonecall he made, it might just save his ass.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
if i was in s. norman's shoes right now and i read what you just said i think i would shat myself. no need to scare him so badly.
yeh, tell me about it. i do think the lady was being truthful when she said that other packs too are going back to customs. it seem they are getting tougher no doubt. i'm praying that everything works out ok.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know someone who went through this twice.........It gets sent back to customs of the country is was sent from, you will get a letter in 3 weeks or less, They will ask you to provide proof of having a prescription for said item(s) or you have the option to do nothing and it is confiscated. When you get the letter, scan it and send a copy to your shipper as proof, they will try to ship again most likely. There is no reason to freak out, as the package is not in your hands.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEll like you said it's just a little powder right why even risk it???? Clean House. You asked for our advice and most of have said clean house not worth the risk. It's up to you but I would not risk it. People are telling you the worst that could happen not to scare you but to prepare you. Do you even want to take 1% chance of something happening where you could go to court, loose your job, have your neighbors see you raided like some drug dealer?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: You guys crack me up, its never been in his hands, anyone could of put his address on any package, Unless they ask him to sign for it, he is fine. Stop trying to scare the poor guy. Customs is after the shipper, not the receiver, I think thats pretty obvious. Its entirely possible that the packing was not approved, it could be as simple as that.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
what happens if they send a seizure notice? i've never had this happen to me. appreciate the help bros'.
I'd gotten one of those several years ago. Not a big deal unless you go down there and try to fight for it. But your name will be flagged from there on.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd gotten one of those several years ago. Not a big deal unless you go down there and try to fight for it. But your name will be flagged from there on.

I will add to this, the person that I know that this happened to, did recieve many packages after the fact, so its not that you get a blacklist, its the shipper who gets watched, they usually change their name, and or origin of mailing packages and change the looks of the packaging and size to keep customs guessing. I will also say that it appeared many of this persons packages had handwriting on them, with pretty little stickers and such as if a girl was sending a boyfriend something.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:toofunny: You guys crack me up, its never been in his hands, anyone could of put his address on any package, Unless they ask him to sign for it, he is fine. Stop trying to scare the poor guy. Customs is after the shipper, not the receiver, I think thats pretty obvious. Its entirely possible that the packing was not approved, it could be as simple as that.

but couldn't the fact that he called looking for it also give them a reason to go after him if they did find something in it? I mean it could show on record that he was looking for the package could that be enough for a controlled delivery? NOT THAT I would know but i have heard. court fees, bail, just getting questioned is All Very stressfull and expensive especially for someone who hasn't been through it.

BTW your starting to looked pretty jacked in your new av.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Something sounds amiss. DHL items from Asia go through Customs at LAX and then get dispersed throughout the country. Items do not go through Customs multiple times in each state. I had an item held at LAX on an USDA hold due to the fact that the shipper reported it as gibberelic acid.

Nonetheless, clean house and computer but don't get too crazy. I have received a letter from customs in the past. Still living free.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but couldn't the fact that he called looking for it also give them a reason to go after him if they did find something in it? I mean it could show on record that he was looking for the package could that be enough for a controlled delivery? NOT THAT I would know but i have heard. court fees, bail, just getting questioned is All Very stressfull and expensive especially for someone who hasn't been through it.

BTW your starting to looked pretty jacked in your new av.

Ya, thats something a person should never do, call about a package. Always go through your shipper for questions. I still say because he has not laid hands on it, he has nothing to worry about. Possession is 9/10 ths of the law. Never sign for anything either. Its not illegal to shop, it illegal to posses.

EDIT- I also know DHL does funny stuff with their packages, I recently sent one to Canada using DHL, it went to canada, looked like it came back to usa, then went back to Canada, and then delivered. DHL does some weird sheet for sure.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
Customs is after the shipper, not the receiver

I agree with FnF.... (If they're even after anybody)

This is just one package. It generally takes a substantial amount of illegal activity to justify a raid on someones home. The DEA would be looking for a little more than one simple package. Even if a law enforcement agency decided to put you under surveillance.... As long as you keep your fingers out of the cookie jar.... :nono: you should be all set. :wave:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Its not illegal to shop....
Conspiracy to import a controlled substance is a charge that can be made against someone who shopped. All you need are some record of a financial transaction and some indication that said substance was shipped. That's your conspiracy even if you never lay hands on the package.

It's not a likely charge (because simply allowing the person to take delivery is easier - with the resulting posession charge) but if this person stumbled into some larger investigation, he could be in trouble. Maybe someone in his town is importing large quantities from the same shipper....and his little package got flagged as part of the more serious investigation?

If this were me (and it never would be because I don't do such things), I'd consider the package a loss, clean house in case something heavier is coming down, and move on with my life.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Conspiracy to import a controlled substance is a charge that can be made against someone who shopped. All you need are some record of a financial transaction and some indication that said substance was shipped. That's your conspiracy even if you never lay hands on the package.

It's not a likely charge (because simply allowing the person to take delivery is easier - with the resulting posession charge) but if this person stumbled into some larger investigation, he could be in trouble. Maybe someone in his town is importing large quantities from the same shipper....and his little package got flagged as part of the more serious investigation?

If this were me (and it never would be because I don't do such things), I'd consider the package a loss, clean house in case something heavier is coming down, and move on with my life.

What you are forgetting is, the USA has no authority over matters that happen abroad.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
Something sounds amiss. DHL items from Asia go through Customs at LAX and then get dispersed throughout the country. Items do not go through Customs multiple times in each state. I had an item held at LAX on an USDA hold due to the fact that the shipper reported it as gibberelic acid.

Nonetheless, clean house and computer but don't get too crazy. I have received a letter from customs in the past. Still living free.
thats a good point regarding customs at LAX from china. as i remember this to be the case b/f. when i called (which was stupid, i know) they said it was going back to ohio. the pack got to w/i 15 minutes from where i live according to tracking and the only other state that was listed besides mine was ohio in dhl tracking site. it obviously got thru customs the 1st time so i'm guessing the pack was dropped/damaged. could customs be getting more stringent b/c of recent terror threats? and i wonder why the lady even mentioned that packs are going back to customs more frequently now.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would play it safe bro, claen house, stay off the boards for a while, clean out the info from your computer, and go domestic.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you are forgetting is, the USA has no authority over matters that happen abroad.
21 U.S.C. §§ 951-971 - Controlled Substances Import and Export Act

You can check that Act specifically, and also the Controlled Substances Act as a whole. The United States government has the right to prosecute any individual who is deemed to knowingly import any scheduled substance into the United States. As YR stated (and this also depends on the State) this individual could be charged with Importation of a Controlled Substance (although unlikely as he stated as well) or if it is a controlled delivery that charge and the aformentioned more serious charge. As long as some financial record of the purchase exists linking him to it, and he is deemed to knowingly have made this purchase with intent to import it into your country he could be prosecuted.

Now, more than likely as some have stated Customs will seize your package and maybe keep an eye out for future packages to your address. However, I would not, I repeat NOT be willing to take a chance. I would clean out anything that could link you to that for at least a few weeks.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
This actually isn't true in a number of situations (not relevant here) but in this case, the act of ordering the substance allegedly took place within the United States. That is his part of the conspiracy.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
This actually isn't true in a number of situations (not relevant here) but in this case, the act of ordering the substance allegedly took place within the United States. That is his part of the conspiracy.
they wouldn't have a financial record of this transaction, i didn't use paypal, cc, etc
they must have picked up the adde of the shipper and thats the problem. i should have stuck w/ my original source instead of being cheap and dealing w/ someone new.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i've got new info: dhl tracking shows pack going thru sort facility currently in wilmington ohio. the same exact facility that it was at a couple days ago. what is a sort facility? customs is usually at LAX when coming from china and tracking would normally say us customs, and not sort facility. i hope these details can shed some light on the situation

s.norman

Awards
  • Established

mine is back to the same state confirmed via tracking that it was a couple days ago. it says sort facility

animalXXX

Awards
The animal thinks you should listen to everyone and play it safe and don't accept the package. It seems a little fishy. The animal knows 2 people that were busted right after delivery. One of them is still in jail. It's been over a year allready, and the animal is not sure how long of a sentence his buddy got. In the end your freedom is worth more than a couple hundred dollars. If there's anything else in the house that shouldn't be there, maybe take it over to your friends house till it all boils over. Listen to the animal.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well it appears your not listenting to what almost all of us are saying not a flame bro but you keep checking for info on your package and asking us questions etc. when everyone has said clean house and get off the boards. Now maybe 99.9% nothing happens. but do you wanna take that .1 percent chance. say simple packing error. box drops comes undone worker sees powder in box. they decided to test could be anthrax?? you could be a terrorist. comes up juice well they already took the expense to test a bust is bust so the bust you. You called about the package already so they KNOW you are expecting it. YOUR are not going to get any DIFFERENT advice 3 pages all the same thing "loss"

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well it appears your not listenting to what almost all of us are saying not a flame bro but you keep checking for info on your package and asking us questions etc. when everyone has said clean house and get off the boards. Now maybe 99.9% nothing happens. but do you wanna take that .1 percent chance. say simple packing error. box drops comes undone worker sees powder in box. they decided to test could be anthrax?? you could be a terrorist. comes up juice well they already took the expense to test a bust is bust so the bust you. You called about the package already so they KNOW you are expecting it. YOUR are not going to get any DIFFERENT advice 3 pages all the same thing "loss"

:wtf: Seems like most of Anabolic Innovations products would be red flagged then, they ship powder in zip lock bags.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well because I know this guy is using a powder source that uses DHL (by the way DHL sux, he has been told that, and suppliers have been told that) S.norman you are probablly on the flagged list as this supplier is prob. on that list. You know those hard earned tax dollars that you get raped on every check, its going to homeland security, and since you are not heeding the advice of fellow bros from many boards, and continue posting reassuring yourself that you will be ok instead of cleaning house as told, and suggested, you are still trying to test and see if the DEA will be knocking on your door. Please take the advise of EVERYBODY, and clean house ASAP and do not accept the pack!

Fit- this guy is being flagged b/c he is using a chinese source, and after all the flack about counterfits on Dateline and snitches in the anabolic steroids game I am sure the DEA knows this source.

riftvalley50

Awards
I attend a college that uses a distribution center for packages sent to students, basically once your package arrives they put a card in your mailbox telling you so and then you go to the distribution center present your ID and sign to recieve the package. Would it never be safe to recieve schedualed substances this way because I always would have to sign for it? (I think I already know the answer just making sure)

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't pick crap up from something like that. If they don't/won't leave it forget about it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
OK, this thread is drifting off into dangerous territory. AnabolicMinds does not condone illegal activity of any kind.

I'm going to shut this thread down. Best of luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.