What's up with the shin splints?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

What's up with the shin splints?

2nd week in on a superdrol cycle and I got shin splints! I never got them before on previous superdrol cycles. I'm very familiar with them as I come from a running background. The only cardio I'm doing is the eliptical trainer 30mins - 3X per week. How the hell do you get shin splints from a non-impact eliptical trainer?

I still don't understand how SD makes you prone to shin splints. Shin splints is a result of overload to your tibia and the attached connective tissue. Hell, if I was running, I could understand. Just don't see how SD and shin splints are related.

Anyone with this experinece or good insight? Thx.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Osmg95
    Just don't see how superdrol and shin splints are related.
    Personally I think it take shin splints forever to actually heal so maybe the (insane) muscle pumps are adding stress in the region. I know people who have gotten shin splints just from walking when on superdrol.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

perhaps i should crawl from now on?
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I know shin splints on SD forwards and backwards as I ran 3 miles EOD on Superdrol. I looked like a new born calf after I was done running. My theory is that superdrol having the same effect on muscle tissue with swelling correlates with the connective tissue on your tibia to swell and therefore retract from the micro-holes that it is attached to on your tibia bone. Therefore causing shin splints.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    I know shin splints on superdrol forwards and backwards as I ran 3 miles EOD on Superdrol. I looked like a new born calf after I was done running. My theory is that superdrol having the same effect on muscle tissue with swelling correlates with the connective tissue on your tibia to swell and therefore retract from the micro-holes that it is attached to on your tibia bone. Therefore causing shin splints.
    Now that is certainly plausable. Swelling causes retraction from the tibia. Why didn't I think of that? Oh, maybe because I'm laying on the floor holding my shins in pain? lol

good stuff as always, Gotripped.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.12%

anyone got a cure for shin splints or something that helps?
    I've heard stretching, running backwards, ice, aspirin... anything else?
    if its a connective tissue problem would deca help?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.27%

Try this trick; grind up two to four ibuprofins place into a half cup of warm water and let dissolve. take a paper towel, soak that in solution and rub onto your shins. Or u could use a transdermal mix.
    this got me through four years of varsity track in college.
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%

Yeah I did a little transdermal research as well when I had bad shin splints with superdrol. I prefer Phera as it is nice, wet, juicy, tasty, strength-enhancing, mass enhancing, and I don't mind the bloat. Tasty Beast mixed with Halo indeed.
    Although Superdrol is great for those lean cutups.

MMMMMMMmmmmm. Jonesin for a cycle.

What are your thoughts on Transdermal Aspirin?

Hope you get to feeling better. Might wanna grab up some Vitamin C and Aspirin for PCT and the rest of your cycle. Or the trans Ibuprofen like he said. Gutting it out is really all that can be done. You'll get better about 2 weeks after PCT is done unless you throw in some Cissus during PCT.

I noticed the superdrol tends to stick around in my body even 2 weeks after I'm done with it.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    anyone got a cure for shin splints or something that helps?
    I've heard stretching, running backwards, ice, aspirin... anything else?
    if its a connective tissue problem would deca help?

I find Ice, compression, and elevation helps quite a bit. I ice for 20min on 20 off, repeat. I also use tape to keep the fascia close to the tibia. I find elevation works well but that's probably just because it's a comfortable position while watching t.v. Yes, anti-inflammatories will do the trick how every you get them into your body.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

Yeah I did a little transdermal research as well when I had bad shin splints with superdrol. I prefer Phera as it is nice, wet, juicy, tasty, strength-enhancing, mass enhancing, and I don't mind the bloat. Tasty Beast mixed with Halo indeed.
    Although Superdrol is great for those lean cutups.

MMMMMMMmmmmm. Jonesin for a cycle.

What are your thoughts on Transdermal Aspirin?

Hope you get to feeling better. Might wanna grab up some Vitamin C and Aspirin for post cycle therapy and the rest of your cycle. Or the trans Ibuprofen like he said. Gutting it out is really all that can be done. You'll get better about 2 weeks after PCT is done unless you throw in some Cissus during PCT.

I noticed the superdrol tends to stick around in my body even 2 weeks after I'm done with it.
    I'm not 100% sold on transdermal asprin. Hey, it may help with the pain but i would definately go with Ibuporfen.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Osmg95
    I'm not 100% sold on transdermal asprin. Hey, it may help with the pain but i would definately go with Ibuporfen.
    Yeah I was just throwing it out there. I took aspirin because I figured the Ibuprofen would decrease my muscular performance for pushups/pullups during that time period and I took the aspirin for the pain of the shin splints. I've also heard of using warm showers and then going outside in the cooler air to stretch them.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

Yeah I was just throwing it out there. I took aspirin because I figured the Ibuprofen would decrease my muscular performance for pushups/pullups during that time period and I took the aspirin for the pain of the shin splints. I've also heard of using warm showers and then going outside in the cooler air to stretch them.
    A good stretch for shin splints is the old stand by calf stretch (pressing against the wall) but with you knee bent. If you play around with the angle of your knee bend and how close/far away you foot is from the wall....you'll find the sweet spot.

(yes, hot shower before stretching or anything to warm up the leg is smart.) I like to do repeated toe raises before I stretch the shin. Get's the blood pumping in there.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%

Yeah I'll do the press against the wall and then lean back one for my shins. Then ankle rotations clock and counter-clock. Then hold a towel and press against it with my toe. The first generally works pretty well.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.44%

Yeah I'll do the press against the wall and then lean back one for my shins. Then ankle rotations clock and counter-clock. Then hold a towel and press against it with my toe. The first generally works pretty well.
    YUP.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
  2. What is up with the joggers I pass in the morning?
    By drvinnybombat in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 11:56 AM
  3. Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(
    By mjonesjr8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 04:00 AM