should this board have members that are vets

1. Registered User

should this board have members that are vets

I wanted to see what you guys think about some of the most knowlageble members begin anabolic vets on the board?? There are alot of very knowledgeable people on here and I think it would be a benefit to members if we had some vets on here so people will know that the answers are coming from people that know whats up.... I think this board is great and has lots of good anabolic info but it would be cool and helpful if we had some vets to help out the mods at answering questions with solid advise... Whats you guys feedback on this and who would you like to see become a vet if the mods and system administrator would make some members vets?? I think Skye ,Bp marter, Ubi and mullet soilder are some that would do very well at begin vets.. What do you guys think about this idea and who would you suggest would make a good vet??

2. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I say look at their rep, usually a good indicator of how helpful (and thus knowledgable) they are...
    **** 3 month Transformation contest:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167999-moklepauls-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Well personally I think it is a bad idea. People stick around or read up can see who has the most consistant and realiable information. The board outright saying someone is certified in giving advice is setting themselves up for failure if bad advice is given and the person thinks because of vet status it was safe.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Well personally I think it is a bad idea. People stick around or read up can see who has the most consistant and realiable information. The board outright saying someone is certified in giving advice is setting themselves up for failure if bad advice is given and the person thinks because of vet status it was safe.
    Just wanted to see what you guys thought!! Good point!!
  5. Board Supporter

The beauty of a board like this is that you get input from people that have personally gone through what you wish to learn about.

That’s invaluable.

The wider the range of that input the better.

I consider personal experience to be just as relevant (if not more so) than the academic types who regurgitate their latest google search.

To hand out labels to certain members deemed *trustworthy*… would only hinder the collective input of the community as a whole.

The larger the participating community, the larger chunk of truth – knowledge will break through and circulate among the community.
  6. Registered User

If you hang out long enough, you'll know who knows their $hit and who doesn't. It's that simple.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperspit
    If you hang out long enough, you'll know who knows their $hit and who doesn't. It's that simple.
    i second that
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I agree, and who would decide who is smart and who's stupid? Just because someone is an expert in one area, doesn't mean they are able to answer questions in another, but it would be percieved as good advice anyway.
  9. King Kong
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    I agree, and who would decide who is smart and who's stupid?
    I do.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

For a second I thought this thread was about veterinarians. I think it's not really needed, we've got Admin, mods and me, there's not much else the board needs
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

There are alot of "vets" on alot of boards that have a e-ego and nothing more to show for it? I could be active as hell in general chat and gain huge amount of rep points yet have the foggiest idea on anabolic steroids, diet and training.

A title is worthless.. if YOU have a question, seek out a Mod or like you said someone knowledgeable with years of experience. Example.. SHOT a former moderator at bb.com, a real vet aight?

Also run a search by a person that you might think would be of assistance, view all posts and draw your own conclusions. You would of course need to donate to be able to PM.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Should I still use PHs that are 2 or 3 years expired?
    By pitching101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. I have a couple questions for the vets on this board
    By davidq in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
  3. Does this board have an irc channel?
    By GetDatFool in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4