ON Bulk Cycle WeightGainer???

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Hey I was just wondering how many people take weightgainer during a cycle for the extra cals. Just Curious because I was probably going to do that for my next cycle. Does it make sense or is it a waste? THoughts?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am not a big fan of weight gainers, regardless of the brand, period. I think they are hollow calories that should be filled by whole foods. I understand the desire to get extra kcals in whilst on cycle, but do it with whole food.

Tunasandwich

Awards
Is this statement backed up with any real science? Or is this just your opinion. No disrespect intended.

I tend to think weight gainers work well if you use them for an added cal boost assuming your "whole" food intake puts you at surplus cals. But everyone’s body does react differently.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Is this statement backed up with any real science? Or is this just your opinion. No disrespect intended.

I tend to think weight gainers work well if you use them for an added cal boost assuming your "whole" food intake puts you at surplus cals. But everyone’s body does react differently.
You can do some research on the ingredient profiles if you like. You will come up with information that 90% of the carbohydrates that are in weightgainers are various polymers and gums, which are often simply fillers with high-GI. I don't think I have to break down why a stable insulin-glycogen turnover rate would be more beneficial on cycle. I think they are garbage. Using whey to supplement for extra calories is fine, but weight gainers are trash.