"Steriods and the immune system"

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    I am going to Costa Rica and have been given four little active pills of typhoid. One of the things the nurse mentioned that would inactivate the pills was steriods. Like I preach, I said nothing.

Now I pose the question: "What effect do steriods have on the immune system, and which ones?"

I also wonder how something like ATD would fall into this catagory. I will be in CR for a year and wish to remain as healthy as possible. So rendering the pills inactive isn't my desire.

Does elevated test alone help the immune system? In all the conversations I've listened to I can't rememeber anything about hightened immune systems, although I like it as a concept. Just one more reason to love T.

Thank you for any responses or studies.

M-
    Hey motiv8er,
    I can say that she was referring to use of corticosteroids(solumedrol,dec ardon,prednisone,solucortef) when she made this comment to you......reason being taking corticosteroids will suppress your immune system and will affect your bodies ability to build antibodies against typhoid due to the suppressed immune state. The oral vaccine is actually a live/weakened vaccine and your immune system needs to be up to par to begin developing resistance. While i'm not a doctor, i am a nurse and would bet the farm that's what she was referring to when she mentioned steroids decreasing the effect fo the vaccine.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1
    First off there is absolutely no comparison between an EMT and a registered nurse at any level. An EMT doesn't receive anywhere near the education/training regarding pharmacology/pathophysiology and that's probably why your received the answer you did.... ..from an EMT as you said.

I'm aware as I am an EMT-B (lowest level of EMT's) and I'm also Firefighter 1,2 , Haz Mat Ops 1,2,and Technician and Airport firefighter. Yes I know EMT's have nowhere near the education. I was just talking about how people shoot off the handle and think they know what they are talking about like they're the final authority.
    •   

3. Taken from Legal Muscle by Rick Collins, pg 14

"One of the big secrets within the medical community is the beneficial effect that anabolic steriods have on the immune response."

Trauma1,

I think you are on the money as is WW2 as normal. I feel like I am "unbreakable" (not true of course) while on. I would rather not finish my tren than kill the REAL meds. I do wonder about ATD and ActivaTes overall effect on the immune system now.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by gotripped
    I'm aware as I am an EMT-B (lowest level of EMT's) and I'm also Firefighter 1,2 , Haz Mat Ops 1,2,and Technician and Airport firefighter. Yes I know EMT's have nowhere near the education. I was just talking about how people shoot off the handle and think they know what they are talking about like they're the final authority.
    I can agree some people like to think they're an authority on a subject they clearly know nothing about.....but your initial comment wasn't exactly a generalized reference. Anyway, no harm no foul.

5. Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Taken from Legal Muscle by Rick Collins, pg 14

"One of the big secrets within the medical community is the beneficial effect that anabolic steriods have on the immune response."

Trauma1,

I think you are on the money as is WW2 as normal. I feel like I am "unbreakable" (not true of course) while on. I would rather not finish my tren than kill the REAL meds. I do wonder about ATD and ActivaTes overall effect on the immune system now.
    I could really only see it affecting you immune system if the atd suppresses too much estrogen which you definately need to maintain a healthy immune response......I really don't think you'll have an issue though.
    •   

6. I'm also using 100 mg ed of DHEA, so I think there should be plenty of estrogen circulating as well. Thank you for your response.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AAS effects on the immune system: A Review
    By Trauma1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
  2. Articles: AAS and the endocrine system.
    By Trauma1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 12:22 AM
  3. Herbs to fortify the immune system?
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
  5. Steriods and the Liver
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9