Changing from bulk to cut during cycle?

ArnoldIsMyIdol

ArnoldIsMyIdol

Awards
  • Established
Could this scenario work?

During your cycle around the time gains slow, switch to a cut for a week or two before stopping the cycle, then do PCT. When I say cut I basically mean a negative calorie diet with a lot of protein. This way you could lose what fat you gained during the bulk phase and maintain or even still increase muscle.

Is this just a harebrained scheme or a good idea? Waiting through PCT and looking at that extra fat for so long kinda sucks.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too much changing of calories in a short time for my tastes. Others may ring in with their professional opinion but if you were that concerned about a few pounds of fat you could of watched your calorie intake. I think just finishing up and taking off those excess pounds after you have recovered.

ArnoldIsMyIdol

ArnoldIsMyIdol

Awards
  • Established
Others may ring in with their professional opinion but if you were that concerned about a few pounds of fat you could of watched your calorie intake.
True..but hindsight is always 20/20 I guess. I did not eat excessive cals, but I think I ate too much high glycemic carbs. That was why I was tired all the time at first on the cycle. I was eating tons of carbs expecting the SD glycogen uptake to take care of it.

I don't think it was such a carb-whore as I thought it would be because when I cut the carbs back out I stopped feeling tired, felt ALOT better. It was lethargy from carbs not SD apparently.

So I was thinking of dropping back down to 10mg, and going to a lower cal diet to take back some off. Or, continuing the cycle another week or 2 and just eating better.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Continue and eat better to finish your gains then a strong pct and then work a cut . My opinion anyways and at 6am you're gonna have to wait a bit for another one :)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Stay at the same dosage and try to eat healthier. Once you start a bulk or a cut while on cycle, its always a good idea to continue towards which ever you chose. Its never a good idea to switch it up mid cycle as Jay said.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Stay at the same dosage and try to eat healthier. Once you start a bulk or a cut while on cycle, its always a good idea to continue towards which ever you chose. Its never a good idea to switch it up mid cycle as Jay said.

ditto, I've never seen anyone switch mid cycle. In fact, most are concerned in keepingtheir gains and may add a few additional cals during PCT to try and keep more.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
ditto, I've never seen anyone switch mid cycle. In fact, most are concerned in keepingtheir gains and may add a few additional cals during post cycle therapy to try and keep more.

I've always thought the same thing as well. Keeping cals high during pct is usually a must to keep gains that you made. Like suggested earlier keep the cal intake the same(if not higher) just eat cleaner.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've done it. Not through a change of calories through a change of macros and cardio though. I don't think your body will like the sudden change of calories.

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have done like mixedup through a change of macros and cardio. Felt I had reasonable success. I did it as research mostly. Keep the transition gradual in any significant dietary changes. The body needs to adapt as it goes. The anabolic support helps with the muscle preservation, but DO stabalize prior to entering post cycle therapy. One should be at maintenance at that point for a healthy and speedy recovery. I do believe a cutter or bulker produces the best single result. For one that is eating clean and recomping it can be productive and motvational while achieving tangible results. So as usual your mileage may vary...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
It depends on the length of the cycle for starters but I like multiphase cycles myself. Last one I bulked untill gains slowed and increased cardio while only slightly reducing cals. The cals go back up during post cycle therapy.

My current cycle will soon be switching over to a leaning phase by upping my T3 from 12.5 to 75-100, increasing cardio and bringing calories down to ~maintenance. With some of these new herbals like Powerfull I actually can lean out a tad in PCT without losing strength or LBM. $.02

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It depends on the length of the cycle for starters but I like multiphase cycles myself. Last one I bulked untill gains slowed and increased cardio while only slightly reducing cals. The cals go back up during post cycle therapy.

My current cycle will soon be switching over to a leaning phase by upping my T3 from 12.5 to 75-100, increasing cardio and bringing calories down to ~maintenance. With some of these new herbals like Powerfull I actually can lean out a tad in post cycle therapy without losing strength or LBM. $.02

BP's leaning phase and mine kind of work the same as I don't like to run my t3 or do too much HIIT unitl i have an ample supply of anabolics in my body i get a little paranoid about muscle catabolism i guess.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arnold, I believe the point of diminishing returns, to a certain extent, can be linked to the quality of one's diet. When your gains start to diminish re-evaluate your current diet, and modify it to push past that sticking point. IMO people feel that because they are on cycle the anabolics will essentially act as their garbage man in regards to the low quality food they are taking in. On cycle, off cycle, in between, regardless it is always just as much about the quality of food as the amount when it comes to high quality gains.