Help, me=focked... Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Basically long story short, started itching mid cycle, it went away i finsihed(i ran a xmass superdrol split(5 weeks) Anyways i've been itching last few days and i finally went to the doctor thinking it was some sort of bug infestation/allergie(i do submission wrestling so i didnt know if i had caught some sort of might or servey little bugger from someone. Also have a couple dogs, so anyways i fogged my house and did everything i could think of, and finally caved in, well he wanted to run some blood work, i figured my liver profile was gonna be a bit tarnished. But they called and wanted me back ASAP he thinks i might have Liver Hep, I'm really worried, i've been dosaging over 1000mg milk thistle and dosaging nac, to see if i can off set, i am at the first week ends of my PCT and still on serum. I am gonna be dosaging Oratrophin as part of my PCT and cissus powerful and rebound/reloaded, (will update with a current list of supplements i'm on later today.)

Advice and prayers needed

Thanks Dr liftalot

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't be taking anything until you find out for sure. This stuff won't cure hep if it's that.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be taking anything until you find out for sure. This stuff won't cure hep if it's that.

Curious if its hep,what sorta options will i have?

Treatment wise?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Autoimmune Hep or another kind. It'll depend on what ya have. I have a friend who has had AI hep for over a decade and lives fine with it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Priorities my friend, life over muscular limb. id say halt everything until you know what your workin with. why take more supplements to harm your potetially damaged liver. fvck low test probs a man has to live. good luck hope things work out for ya.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Priorities my friend, life over muscular limb. id say halt everything until you know what your workin with. why take more supplements to harm your potetially damaged liver. fvck low test probs a man has to live. good luck hope things work out for ya.

Thanks man
that does mean alot, to get some support i'm going threw some rough times already, family and other problems. I feel depressed how it is and these sitiations that keep arrising are making me feel worse. Getting my test back to normal is essental so i don't end up killing myself(not kidding)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, Hep is like herpes. It stays with you like luggage. You just have to live life paying close attention to what you put in your body.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
hrt levels probably wouldn't post a threat to liver values...how old are you? if you're old enough, check with a physician (maybe not your normal physician, and preferrably one at an HRT clinic).

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Here are some of the support supps i have lined up

I have all your basic's From Milk thistile Cq to hawthorn berry etc.

as far as test boosters go

Jungle warfare
Retain
Steel Erex
Trib 750 MRM
Liquid Nolva
Powerfull
Anagen

Other random supps
CEE -cell fuel-(stopped Today after gettng awful news)
Oratrophine (i heard this can be useful for getting back up on your feet after a harsh SD cycle, not mention i heard can be good for the liver) I might be wrong
Lean Green
Whey Protien
EFA (EPA)
Neuro Stim+C
Cissus
Seasimin
REM

Of course Mutli etc

Thoughts prayers etc?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My docs looked at my liver values and assumed I was dying from first glance. You just need to relax and let them check things out. You could of just temp. damaged your liver and the readings are off the scale. If this turns out to be the case you better take the warning and stop ingesting orals.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
This will probably get me banned, but please don't for sake of arguement i'm 20 nearly 21 (ok half a year away) this is my first and only cycle, i didnt do it to win a weight lifting competition or try to get girls, i did it to be compeititve to try and finish my FF1 and finish fire academy. Everyone was on real gear and i was next to go, (chopping block) they try to eliminate half the class. I had a choice and i figured 20 (nearly 21) everyones on real gear and i was having trouble keeping up even though my diet and trainning retien was amazing, so i bit the bullet i did something i hadnt planned on doing ever. Or at least til 24.

I even mega loaded all the pre supps before hand, i followed every guide i did my research and then some, my cycle went flawless (so i thought) until this came up.

This is defintly bad news, the good news is i passed my Tests and am on my way in my fire fighting carrier, and i kept my gains bad news is i may have just shot myself in the head.

I blame no one but myself for this mess, i know i wouldnt have passed the final test if i hadnt taken the superdrol/xmass but i never in my wildest dreams thought this could happen. I don't drink smoke anything. Infact i was in perfect health, another key that convinced me i'd probably be in the clear is i know a bunch of idoit 19 year olds who have been doing MT1 who post on this forum and BB.com (alot of them and are very respected members who pose 7-10 years older then who they truely are who even have fammed logs. That being said they know the game and help advise me, they also have had plenty of blood work done and always came out fine.

But there's no point in blaming anyone but myself, and hoping for the best at this point, ideally if i stay off anything harmfal to my liver., Achohol, Pain killers (harmful supplements) I should be back up to normal maybe 3-4 months from what i can tell by researching online. If my liver contiues to go down the tube well i'll need a transplant and my fire carrier will be ended very early since the wait is 2 years.

So again pray for me.

Thanks for the support
Dr liftalot

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll be okay man. I bet your values are extremely high and this was one of the possible reasons. Just back off the orals and relax and keep talking with the doc.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Also dosaing on work out days
Xtend
Glycer grow
and Rampage(caffine)

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
You'll be okay man. I bet your values are extremely high and this was one of the possible reasons. Just back off the orals and relax and keep talking with the doc.
Thanks for the advice, Funny how when it rains it pores.

Hopefully i'll start feeling better psyically and emotionally shortly because the amount of stress i'm under from work, college, fire academy and starting my own bussiness is driving me crazy. With personal relationship problems on the rise and everything else, makes me feel even worse.

Sigh, though i've been relaxing by working really hard around the house, putting a new deck in since i can't train MMA for next couple weeks because of my fractored wrist and infection on my foot.

So keeping busy, hoping i'll get better. Nice thing i'm doing is helping a couple friends with there lives, one helping lose weight, other helping get into activites, both much younger Friend of a friend high school friends. Felt like perhaps making a positive impact in there lives with brighten mine.

Trench

Awards
Well, the liver regenerates itself as we all know... Thats how alcoholics can well... stay alcoholics for quite some time. But eventually, the liver will give out for them. Yours was fast though. I'm having second thoughts of starting my first cycle of SD after reading this... Injections aren't harmful to the liver or kidneys as far as I know. I say just take a good multi-vitamin and lay away the other supplements for the time being. And keep your head up, I highly doubt that your liver is completely destroyed from a one-time cycle. Now if you did it often, I could see different. Think positive man and treat your body well.

-Trench

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You're probably fine. Its probably the supps...they make things look pretty damn bad. I.E. Jayhawkk's doc thinking he was dying.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Well, the liver regenerates itself as we all know... Thats how alcoholics can well... stay alcoholics for quite some time. But eventually, the liver will give out for them. Yours was fast though. I'm having second thoughts of starting my first cycle of superdrol after reading this... Injections aren't harmful to the liver or kidneys as far as I know. I say just take a good multi-vitamin and lay away the other supplements for the time being. And keep your head up, I highly doubt that your liver is completely destroyed from a one-time cycle. Now if you did it often, I could see different. Think positive man and treat your body well.

-Trench

Thanks, i'm really just in a state of shock today, trying to grasp some difficult things that maybe to come with liver problems. I'm experiencing itching in a painful way, like feels like flee bites everyonce in a while and i mean everywhere.

Go injectable, its not worth it, i may have gained over 20 pounds of water weight/LBM, but lets see how much i'll keep when my appitited goes away because of my liver?

shrug

I just gotta stay strong , i have alot to live for and alot of people care about me, i just broke the news to my fiancey, she is sorta playing it down. But i know it could be very serious considering itching is a very very end sign for the liver. And its not getting better its getting worse and i'm off cycle.

Best of luck as to whatever you decide.

Dr liftalot

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doc, I think you should be okay. First, you should get a second panel, just to confirm if your values are at the level your first doc suspected. Secondly, you need to let your doctor know EVERYTHING (if he is a trusted Doc) when you get a blood panel, so he knows why your lipids for example may be off the charts. Doctor's (in most cases) do not look at a certain portion of your blood panel and immediately discern your condiition by that portion's values. They consider the gamit of conditions which could cause such values. Chances are, you never told your doctor you were cycling Anabolic Steroids so he came to his own conclusion. Be honest with him, and relax

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and bump to this...dont' worry, IMHO PCT is a bit overrated. You'll do just fine keeping gains as long as you eat. Your cycle was short. Just don't take ANYTHING that could possibly interfere with blood results.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Dr Liftalot, dont worry, when i got my bloodwork a doctor that saw them said that i was a walking heart atack that was like almost a month ago and no heart atack yet lol, get tested again, if you see improvement then continue to use the basic support supps and wait a few months and get tested again.
you will be ok :D dont get stressed remember cortisol :eek:

ArnoldIsMyIdol

ArnoldIsMyIdol

Awards
  • Established
Can AAS alone cause hep? :confused:

Shouldn't he have had some other symptoms first like jaundice or something?

What does of SD did you run

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of Hep from aas, but that doesnt mean its not possible. Jaundice, and even liver tumors from LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG term use of anadrol I've heard of, but never hep.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Can anabolic steroids alone cause hep? :confused:

What does of superdrol did you run

I ran xmass/superdrol 5 week split
40/80/120-10/20/30

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Have you told your doctor about the x-mass and superdrol you took? As much as you don't want to, you need to. Your dr. should be aware of any reason that may have caused this and things that may be throwing this test off. DEF TELL YOUR DR ABOUT YOUR USAGE!!!

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Have you told your doctor about the x-mass and superdrol you took? As much as you don't want to, you need to. Your dr. should be aware of any reason that may have caused this and things that may be throwing this test off. DEF TELL YOUR DR ABOUT YOUR USAGE!!!

I am gonna tell him the whole speel, sure he's gonna be please (rolleyes) hopefully can find a way out of this and not touch this oral **** ever again.....

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't tell my doctor ****. I get a copy of the values and research it myself personally. I had elevated ALT & AST levels and the doc tried to get me to come in for a liver ultrasound. The levels were barely over baseline and I knew that I had just used a bunch of orals so I told him no. Came back and had him recheck 6 weeks later and bingo, levels normal.

Do you have a copy of the report? Post the numbers up for us to look at.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
There are two types of hepatitis. Viral and non-viral... Viral types A,B,C,D,E exist with various concequences and modes of transmission. If these are unlikely, as I am assuming is the case, then non-viral hepatitis is likely the case. Unlike what was already posted, most people recover fully from non-viral hep (and viral type A and E). The liver can repair itself fully as long as the architecture of the liver is maintained; once this is destroyed the affected portion of the liver remains destroyed indefinitely. Likely the Doc will perscribe corticosteroids to help you recover. I wouldn't be too concerned, but ceasing all meds/drugs is the best course of action.
And, yes, anabolic steroids can cause non-viral hepatitis.
If you need more info, let me know.
cc

Nothing I say is true, do not listen to me. I do not exist. Blah, blah, blah, absolve me of any legal responsibility. I am fictious and any information I provide should be regarded as such. Please consult your doctor for all medical related issues.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Can anabolic steroids alone cause hep? :confused:

What does of superdrol did you run
Jaundice can be a syptom but not necessarily. Most common are flu like symptoms including fatigue, nausea, etc...
cc

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
And, yes, anabolic steroids can cause non-viral hepatitis.
True. I found a case report of just such an occurance. The guy was using testosterone enanthate (500 mg intramuscularly, twice weekly), stanozolol (40 mg/d), and methylandrostenediol (30 mg/d by mouth, for 5 weeks). The duration of the test and winny are not specified, but I'd assume it would at least equal the M4-AD run of 5 weeks. Why in the hell he'd run M4-AD when he's already got one strong and one decent androgen going, I'll never understand. Maybe just to make his cycle "extra KICK-A**!":rofl:
Anyways here's the preview listed for the case report:

Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Hospital Center Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia. [email protected]

Athletes and bodybuilders often misuse androgenic/anabolic steroids. When used in therapeutic doses, these drugs produce clinical jaundice in just a small number of recipients. We present a 26-year-old male bodybuilder who self-administered high doses of androgenic/anabolic steroids that induced liver damage. One month before admission to the hospital, he used testosterone enanthate (500 mg intramuscularly, twice weekly), stanozolol (40 mg/d), and methylandrostenediol (30 mg/d by mouth, for 5 weeks). On admission, his bilirubin level was 470 micromol/L (direct, 360 micromol/L), his aspartate aminotransferase (AST) level was 5,870 IU/L, his alanine aminotransferase (ALT) level was 10,580 IU/L, his alkaline phosphatase (ALP) level was 152 IU/L, his gamma-glutamyl-transpeptidase level was 140 IU/L, his albumin level was 27.6 g/L, and his prothrombin time was 29%. During the patient's prolonged hospitalization, multiple tests and liver biopsy were performed, showing only toxic hepatic lesions. The patient was provided with supportive medical treatment. Clinical signs and laboratory findings improved substantially 12 weeks after the patient discontinued androgenic/anabolic steroids. The reasons for presenting this case were the much higher values of AST and ALT levels than reported in other studies, although the values of bilirubin and ALP were similar to those found in the literature. To our knowledge, it is the first case of toxic hepatitis induced by androgenic/anabolic steroids with predominantly hepatocellular necrosis instead of intrahepatic cholestasis.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't tell my doctor ****. I get a copy of the values and research it myself personally. I had elevated ALT & AST levels and the doc tried to get me to come in for a liver ultrasound. The levels were barely over baseline and I knew that I had just used a bunch of orals so I told him no. Came back and had him recheck 6 weeks later and bingo, levels normal.

Do you have a copy of the report? Post the numbers up for us to look at.

Haven't gotten them yet he said he's super conserned and ether thinks its hep, or a something was done with the blood work so he had me send in another full spectrum sample early today and tomorrow have to go in, at which point i will disclose my anabolic use and hopefully try to figure out the next step out of this mess.

Thanks for all the advice and god only knows i had no clue you could induce hep from steriods(don't get me wrong i knew you could do heavy damage) but i had no idea hep was a risk.

F-ing
A
Thanks for the posts guys,

Dr liftalot

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
it is the first case of toxic hepatitis induced by androgenic/anabolic steroids with predominantly hepatocellular necrosis instead of intrahepatic cholestasis.[/I]
This guy has some serious issues. The necrotic tissue is now irrepairable and, depending on the size of the area, he is likely going to have liver problems for the rest of his life. Also, in the study they also found that winny increased the number liver cells entering the S-phase of the cell cycle.1 In addition, he had been using steroids several times a year for 9 years. 1 This means that winny increases the proliferation of liver cells something that has the potential to be dangerous (although I emphasize that this has not been exclusively shown) in respect to the development of liver cancer. I think this article should be made a sticky and should be referred to consistently when people suggest running ridiculous amounts of toxic anabolics.

cc

1 Stimac, D. et al.. Androgenic/Anabolic Steroid-Induced Toxic Hepatitis. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. Vol. 35 (4) Oct. 2002, pp 350-352

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Basically long story short, started itching mid cycle, it went away i finsihed(i ran a xmass superdrol split(5 weeks) Anyways i've been itching last few days and i finally went to the doctor thinking it was some sort of bug infestation/allergie(i do submission wrestling so i didnt know if i had caught some sort of might or servey little bugger from someone. Also have a couple dogs, so anyways i fogged my house and did everything i could think of, and finally caved in, well he wanted to run some blood work, i figured my liver profile was gonna be a bit tarnished. But they called and wanted me back ASAP he thinks i might have Liver Hep, I'm really worried, i've been dosaging over 1000mg milk thistle and dosaging nac, to see if i can off set, i am at the first week ends of my post cycle therapy and still on serum. I am gonna be dosaging Oratrophin as part of my PCT and cissus powerful and rebound/reloaded, (will update with a current list of supplements i'm on later today.)

Advice and prayers needed

Thanks Dr liftalot
you have my prayers,

just a couple of questions though, (you may have answered it earlier) but is this your first cycle ever? have you ever been a drinker? taken perscription meds before or during? have a family history with hep/liver abnormalities?

God Bless you!!

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
This guy has some serious issues. The necrotic tissue is now irrepairable and, depending on the size of the area, he is likely going to have liver problems for the rest of his life. Also, in the study they also found that winny increased the number liver cells entering the S-phase of the cell cycle.1 In addition, he had been using steroids several times a year for 9 years. 1 This means that winny increases the proliferation of liver cells something that has the potential to be dangerous (although I emphasize that this has not been exclusively shown) in respect to the development of liver cancer. I think this article should be made a sticky and should be referred to consistently when people suggest running ridiculous amounts of toxic anabolics.

cc

1 Stimac, D. et al.. Androgenic/Anabolic Steroid-Induced Toxic Hepatitis. Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. Vol. 35 (4) Oct. 2002, pp 350-352
interesting, has anybody ever seen studies of people that have used steroids for extensive periods of time ie. 7-10 Yrs??

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That's strange that they treat people with wasting diseases such as cirrosis of the liver with AAS such as oxandrolone (yeah I know, var is a very weak), yet it can possibly induce toxic hepatitis. Well, they say it was teh FIRST of its kind in 50+ years, so it could possibly be someone was jumping to conclusions.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dr D. has stated that nolva is tough on the liver many times, perhaps you need to lay off the nolva as it could be scewing your liver values up

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
That's strange that they treat people with wasting diseases such as cirrosis of the liver with anabolic steroids such as oxandrolone (yeah I know, var is a very weak), yet it can possibly induce toxic hepatitis. Well, they say it was teh FIRST of its kind in 50+ years, so it could possibly be someone was jumping to conclusions.
They do mention that there is a genetic component (as of yet unidentified) involved. The liver enzyme values presented by this individual are also as high as I have ever seen.
This paper is also referring liver necrosis, a rare event in non-viral hepatitis as I have mentioned that this can normally be completely recovered from whereas liver necrosis can not.
cc

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Why are you getting so worried??

You did your research and took ancillaries so you definitely know that SD will kill your liver values. Id say to wait until you go back to the doc. It may have very well been a bad diagnosis as your liver values are terrible because of an AAS and not necessarily a condition. Personally, I wouldnt have gone to the doctor until PCT was finished for this reason alone.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Why are you getting so worried??

You did your research and took ancillaries so you definitely know that superdrol will kill your liver values. Id say to wait until you go back to the doc. It may have very well been a bad diagnosis as your liver values are terrible because of an anabolic steroids and not necessarily a condition. Personally, I wouldnt have gone to the doctor until post cycle therapy was finished for this reason alone.
I disagree. I think that he made a good decision by going to the doc midcycle. He should compare his values to others that have posted while on and inquire about their recovery/post cycle numbers. I think that you need to reread the study that was posted and realize that the individual in the study now has permant liver damage. Thus, there is some reason for concern.
If you think 'ancillary supps' will repair liver necrosis, I assure you that it cannot.
cc

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. I think that he made a good decision by going to the doc midcycle. He should compare his values to others that have posted while on and inquire about their recovery/post cycle numbers. I think that you need to reread the study that was posted and realize that the individual in the study now has permant liver damage. Thus, there is some reason for concern.
If you think 'ancillary supps' will repair liver necrosis, I assure you that it cannot.
cc

Well i knew/know that superdrol/most anabolics rain hell on your liver its a given, but when it starts to make you itch its usually a very bad sign.(Liver causing over all stinging itching=liver pooped)

I believe i made the right call, this is above me, i get woken up with a stinging itching all over. lets put it this way 5 days ago mid sex i had to stop because the pain and itching all over caused me to leap up and run to the shower where i dosed myself in freezing water in hopes the pain would subside.

Trust me like all men i love to finish if i had to stop because the pain was that intense over powering the pleasure the i'd say i am making the right call here. Even as we speak(or as i type) i slighty have a stining itching sensation random parts of my body.

(*I won't lie, this is defintly very scary news*)

When i get the values done i will post for others to see, and what sort of complacations come up. I am keeping the novla going because i have been diagnosed with manic depression and in the past have become suicidal and don't want to risk the depression aspect of Steriods.

Tough choices, also i'm on antiboitcs for a cellulitous infection caused at jujitsu practice, got a cut and it got infected bad from the mat(go figure) i heard antibiotics are hard on the liver?

Last but not least even more bad luck i fractored my wrist so i took a couple vicidin for the pain a couple days ago because i had this false impression i had a flawless cycle and i figured well its been a week and nothing to say anything is wrong. So i figured why not, i mean the pain was just anonying as hell and i couldnt sleep so i had vicidin for two days but decided to play it safe since had a high level of tylenol, and cut it short. (good play on my behalf) i figured i couldnt be 100% certian my liver was in good health as of yet, but i still thought was doing pretty good> wow what a mistake.

Anyways hopefully my luck will improve with sometime and effort.
Thanks for the advice and support
Dr liftalot

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
1. How did your doctor diagnos hepatitis without a liver panel?

2. The itch is common in several types of hep including non-viral. It is mostly idiopathic but can be caused by a related condition called lichen planus. Milk thistle can help this to some degree.

3. Vicodin can damage the liver, especially taken with alcohol and, I presume, anabolics. The same can be said of antibiotics. And, unfortunately, Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is also liver toxic.

4. Tamoxifen (Nolva) is also known to be liver toxic.

I hate to say it bro, but perhaps some of this could have been avoided if you had looked into the side effects/potential damaging effects of some of the compounds you were taking.

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

cc

Nothing I say is true, do not listen to me. I do not exist. Blah, blah, blah, absolve me of any legal responsibility. I am fictious and any information I provide should be regarded as such. Please consult your doctor for all medical related issues.
Well i knew/know that superdrol/most anabolics rain hell on your liver its a given, but when it starts to make you itch its usually a very bad sign.(Liver causing over all stinging itching=liver pooped)

I believe i made the right call, this is above me, i get woken up with a stinging itching all over. lets put it this way 5 days ago mid sex i had to stop because the pain and itching all over caused me to leap up and run to the shower where i dosed myself in freezing water in hopes the pain would subside.

Trust me like all men i love to finish if i had to stop because the pain was that intense over powering the pleasure the i'd say i am making the right call here. Even as we speak(or as i type) i slighty have a stining itching sensation random parts of my body.

(*I won't lie, this is defintly very scary news*)

When i get the values done i will post for others to see, and what sort of complacations come up. I am keeping the novla going because i have been diagnosed with manic depression and in the past have become suicidal and don't want to risk the depression aspect of Steriods.

Tough choices, also i'm on antiboitcs for a cellulitous infection caused at jujitsu practice, got a cut and it got infected bad from the mat(go figure) i heard antibiotics are hard on the liver?

Last but not least even more bad luck i fractored my wrist so i took a couple vicidin for the pain a couple days ago because i had this false impression i had a flawless cycle and i figured well its been a week and nothing to say anything is wrong. So i figured why not, i mean the pain was just anonying as hell and i couldnt sleep so i had vicidin for two days but decided to play it safe since had a high level of tylenol, and cut it short. (good play on my behalf) i figured i couldnt be 100% certian my liver was in good health as of yet, but i still thought was doing pretty good> wow what a mistake.

Anyways hopefully my luck will improve with sometime and effort.
Thanks for the advice and support
Dr liftalot

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I just reread your first post ... Your doc cannot diagnose hep just by your complaint about a skin itch. It sounds like you might need to relax and go get your blood taken. I hope that my information on non-viral hep has calmed your nerves a bit but you need to be careful and wait for the diagnosis and listen to your docter.

cc

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, itching is a sign of liver dysfunction/damage?

I itch all over my body when I take TTA...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had any rep left for the day you'd get it Champ. Nice posting.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Wait, itching is a sign of liver dysfunction/damage?

I itch all over my body when I take TTA...
It can be an indication of hepatitis. It is caused by an unknown compound that accumulates in the skin.
cc

Tahq

Awards
I do not want to dismiss your concerns as you have every right to be, but I would also not go off the deep end until you know your lab values. Call the doctor's office and have them faxed over so you can see all your lab values, I would also suggest posting them as there are many bro's here who are in the know.

You are 20 years old and any liver numbers over normal would raise a concern with a doctor without knowing all the facts of the matter. You may just be, hopefully, slightly elevated and your doc is taking the concerned route.

I would also look into the antibiotics side effects as itching may be a side along with the possible allergic reation.

Finally, I would like to say that orals are the work of the devil, they shoot the hell out of your lipids and are unkind to your liver.

Take care and best of luck with your health.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wow...didn't notice the doc didnt do bloodwork.

Cant believe he'd scare the hell out of someone with a possible Hep. diagnosis without running the bloodwork.

I wanted to make sure you're not taking ANYTHING right now...you dropped it all right? I mean, none of the ancillaries, nothing.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Finally, I would like to say that orals are the work of the devil, they shoot the hell out of your lipids and are unkind to your liver.
Although no supplement should be taken lightly, I still believe this is a bit ofa stretch.

Anadrol, the only steroid PROVEN to have the ability to cause liver tumors, is PRESCRIBED at 1-5 mg/kg / day for periods of 6 months or more. In case you don't do the math, for someone like me at 100kg, that' means I'd have to take between 100 and 500mg of anadrol a day for 6 months as prescribed by a doctor.
Anadrol-50 Indications, Dosage, Storage, Stability -
Oxymetholone - RxList Monographs

Status
Not open for further replies.