Common Problems ON Cycle: What To Do?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This thread is to help and provide information about the common side effects and herbs associated with using steroids and pro-hormones.

Please contribute any knowledge or tips you have, as the more information we share the better off we are! *There is no secret information regarding the health and well-being of our friends.*

Please try to stay on topic! Thank you, and I hope this helps!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
HBP/Hypertension

High Blood Pressure

The use of anabolic steroids is known to cause high blood pressure readings during cycle and also for a period of time post-cycle. Below I have compiled information regarding HBP and hypertension.

What is it?
When the heart pumps blood into the arteries, the blood flows with a force pushing against the walls of the arteries. This force is called the blood pressure. When your blood pressure is measured, it is a measure of how hard the heart has to work to pump the blood. When the arteries become hardened and narrowed with cholesterol plaque (atherosclerosis) and calcium (arteriosclerosis), the heart has to strain much harder to pump blood through them.

This makes the blood pressure go abnormally high. High blood pressure is also called hypertension.

What makes high blood pressure important is that it usually causes no symptoms but can still cause serious complications.

///

Blood pressure is measured with a blood pressure cuff and recorded as 2 numbers, such as 120/80 mm Hg (millimeters of mercury).

The top, larger number is called the systolic pressure. This is the pressure generated when the heart contracts (pumps). It reflects the pressure of the blood against arterial walls.

The bottom, smaller number is called the diastolic pressure. This reflects the pressure in the arteries while the heart is filling and resting between heartbeats.
What are the symptoms?

High blood pressure usually causes no symptoms. Even if high blood pressure does cause symptoms, the symptoms are usually mild and nonspecific (vague, or suggesting many different disorders). Thus, high blood pressure often is labeled "the silent killer." People who have high blood pressure typically don't know it until their blood pressure is measured.
Sometimes people with high blood pressure have the following symptoms:

Headache
Dizziness
Nose bleeds
Blurred vision
Nausea
What can we use to combat HBP/Hypertension ON cycle?

Other than supplements and herbs, it is thought to lower/watch dietary sodium intake will aid in lowering blood pressure.

Hawthorne Berries/Hawthorne Extract
*Look to buy only Standardized Extract
*Dosage is around 500-1000mg Per Day
*Pre-Load this herb for at least 1-3 Weeks Before a Cycle: Results are not immediate
Hawthorne is described in most modern herbals as a valuable treatment for various heart ailments and circulatory disorders, as well acting as a mild astringent to be used for treating sore throats. Hawthorne has most often been used to protect against the beginning stages of heart disease, for mild heart muscle weakness, for pressure & tightness of the chest, and for mild arrhythmia. It is also used as a tonic for an aging heart.

Celery Seed Extract
*Dosage is around 300-1200mg Per Day; depending on extract potency.
*Effects within 3-5 Days, No need to Pre-load.
*Do not consume seeds sold for planting (may be chemically treated).
*If you are taking celery seed for its diuretic properties, be aware that excessive use may deplete potassium levels.

These seeds are used to treat high blood pressure (hypotensive properties), nervousness and anxiety (limonene renders mild tranquilizing effects), muscle spasms (relaxes), and appetite (improves). Other chemicals in the seeds act as a diuretic, liver tonic (antioxidant properties), anti-inflammatory, and pain reliever. Celery seed may help prevent cancer (not substantiated).

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Lipids/High Cholesterol

Lipid Levels/High Cholesterol

NHLBI, High Blood Cholesterol: What You Need to Know

Anabolic steroid use are shown to make your cholesterol and lipid levels unstable. Some more than others, there are ways to combat this.

What is Cholesterol?
Your blood cholesterol level has a lot to do with your chances of getting heart disease. High blood cholesterol is one of the major risk factors for heart disease. A risk factor is a condition that increases your chance of getting a disease. In fact, the higher your blood cholesterol level, the greater your risk for developing heart disease or having a heart attack. Heart disease is the number one killer of women and men in the United States. Each year, more than a million Americans have heart attacks, and about a half million people die from heart disease.
HDL? Triglycerides?
HDL (good) cholesterol protects against heart disease, so for HDL, higher numbers are better. A level less than 40 mg/dL is low and is considered a major risk factor because it increases your risk for developing heart disease. HDL levels of 60 mg/dL or more help to lower your risk for heart disease.

Triglycerides can also raise heart disease risk. Levels that are borderline high (150-199 mg/dL) or high (200 mg/dL or more) may need treatment in some people.
How can I keep my cholesterol levels in check ON cycle?

The number one way is to get them checked! Blood tests before, during and after a cycle.

Red Yeast Rice
*Perhaps the best herb when combating unstable lipids.
*Dosage is 1-1.5g Everyday
*Should be Preloaded 1-2 Weeks Prior to Cycle.

Red yeast rice is rice that has been fermented by the red yeast, Monascus purpureus. It has been used by the Chinese for many centuries as a food preservative, food colorant (it is responsible for the red color of Peking duck), spice, and ingredient in rice wine. Red yeast rice continues to be a dietary staple in China, Japan, and Asian communities in the United States, with an estimated average consumption of 14 to 55 grams of red yeast rice per day per person.

Red yeast rice also has been used in China for over 1,000 years for medicinal purposes. Red yeast rice was described in an ancient Chinese list of drugs as useful for improving blood circulation and for alleviating indigestion and diarrhea.

Recently, red yeast rice has been developed by Chinese and American scientists as a product to lower blood lipids, including cholesterol and triglycerides.

Coenzyme Q12/CoQ12
*Dosage is around 100mg-300mg Everyday
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a fat-soluble, vitamin-like substance in every human cell. It's involved in key biochemical reactions that produce energy in cells. It also acts as an antioxidant. CoQ10 is naturally present in a variety of foods. Organ meats such as heart, liver and kidney as well as in beef, soybean oil, sardines, mackerel and peanuts are particularly high in CoQ10.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Loss of Libido

Loss of Libido

Not performing in the bedroom can be one of the most psychologically hindering effects of using steroids.

There is little we can do when it comes to losing our libido when taking steroids. Because of our natural testosterone production being shut down during our cycle, the loss of libido that comes with some steroids is, at times, unavoidable.

There are, however some herbs that you may be able to try, safely, either while ON cycle or coming off of a cycle that may boost your sex drive and performance. Below are 3 Potent Aphrodisiacs. While there are many others on the market, I personally recommend the following three.

Fenugreek
*Dosage is around 3-6g Per Day
Fenugreek is a food and a spice commonly eaten in many parts of the world, and has been used for centuries by practitioners of Ayurvedic Herb medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Research in the past two decades has shown that fenugreek seeds help balance blood sugar in diabetics. Fenugreek may also have beneficial effects on triglycerides.

MACA
*Dosage is around 300-500mg Per Day
Maca is a root that grows in the high mountains of Peru. Rich in nutritional content (potassium, and higher levels of calcium than in milk), maca is a natural hormonal balancer which provides great health benefits for both, men and women.

Due to its high nutritional value, maca is not only popular as a sexual libido enhancer and menopause symptoms savior, but also greatly affects energy, stamina, depression, memory, and more.

Maca is recommended for fertility problems, sterility, and other sexual disorders. However, in Peru maca has long been known as a potent APHRODISIAC. Research has proven maca to act on certain areas of the body that produce hormones and energizing substances, which enhance libido and increase virility.

Horny Goat Weed

Dosage is around 500-800mg Every Day
Horny Goat Weed is a traditional botanical medicine used in China and Japan. Although this herb (which also goes by the names Yin Yang Huo, Inyokaku, and Herba Epimedii) has a history of traditional use for health problems of the kidneys, joints, liver, back and knees, its principle use is as an aphrodisiac. According to one herbal author, Horny Goat Weed has testosterone-like effects. It stimulates sexual activity in both men and women, increases sperm production, stimulates the sensory nerves, and increases sexual desire.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Liver Health

Liver Protection

Using steroids that pass through the oral pathway (means they are swallowed) are very harsh on the liver. It is ABSOLUTELY NESSECARY to protect your liver with the following herbs, while using oral steroids.

There are products available that are forumlated to protect your liver. They come with the right amount of herbs and protects:

PrimaForce's PROLIVER
Anabolic Xtreme's PERFECT CYCLE

Milk Thistle
*Preloading is nessecary: 1-3 Weeks Before
*Dosage is around 500-1500mg Every Day
*Dose is spread out 2 or 3 times during the day
*You will want a high % silymarin: 60-80%

Milk thistle nutritionally supports the liver's ability to maintain normal liver function. It has shown positive effects in treating nearly every known form of liver disease, including cirrhosis, hepatitis, necroses, and liver damage due to drug and alcohol abuse. Milk thistle works due to its ability to inhibit the factors responsible for liver damage, coupled with the fact it stimulates production of new liver cells to replace old damaged ones.

Milk thistle has been proven to protect the liver from damage. The detrimental effects of environmental toxins, alcohol, drugs and chemotherapy may be countered with this valuable herb. The active chemical component in the herb is silybin, which functions as an antioxidant and is one of the most potent liver protective agents known. Clinical trials have proven silybin to be effective in treating chronic liver diseases and in protecting the liver from toxic chemicals.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine/NAC
*Dosage is around 700-1200mg Every day
*Preloading is not neseccary, but will help.
NAC helps the body synthesize glutathione, an important antioxidant. It is an altered form of the amino acid cysteine, which is commonly found in food and synthesized by the body. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that aids in fighting liver damage and kidney damage.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Good post... What about trib , tongkat ali and HCG to help with libido problems while on cycle!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Good post... What about trib , tongkat ali and HCG to help with libido problems while on cycle!!!
Yes, very good additions indeed!
Mercedes - please post your info on Gyno in this thread, if you could!

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Yes, very good additions indeed!
Mercedes - please post your info on Gyno in this thread, if you could!
No prob!! It is not my program but it is a friend of mines protocol .. I have seen alot of success using his method .. Here it is!!!

I am posting this thread to help answer all of the questions regarding gyno prevention and reversal, the use of letrozole and other anti-e’s. I will go over everything in very simple easy to understand language. Also we are talking about estrogen gyno here, not progesterone (but using letro will stop progesterone related problems as well since it inhibits all estrogen anyways). Progesterone gyno will be enlargement of your nipple area, the actual aereola, not a lump under it.

Let me make this first point very clear, as I state in my signature this is from my personal experience, so whether you agree with it or not is your own issue. I have helped many people with gyno and it has worked just fine for them as well.

To first understand why you are doing what you are doing I am going to go over a few things and a few definitions:

SERM – Selective estrogen receptor modulator. These drugs work by binding to the estrogen receptors and flooding them in a sense, making it difficult (but not impossible by any means) for estrogen to bind to the receptors and thus prevent the onset of estrogen related side effects.
Most common forms: Tamoxifen (Nolvadex), Clomiphene (Clomid)
AI – Aromatise Inhibitor. These drugs work by inhibiting the aromatization of estrogen. This means that in effect AI’s prevent androgens from converting to estrogen, again, making it difficult (but not impossible) for estrogen to reach receptor sites.
Most common forms: Anastrozole (l-dex, a-dex), Exemestane (aromasin), Femera (letrozole). For our purpose of reversing gyno we are interested in Letro.

Letro and your sex drive:
Letrozole will suppress your sex drive. This is another reason why it is so important to act on preventing gyno as soon as possible. Since we all know that Test should be run in every cycle this will cancel out the effect of sex drive suppression.

Running letro to prevent gyno:
If you decide to run estrogen protection while on cycle (and I suggest you do unless you are aware that you do not require it), you can run either a SERM or an AI. Letro will be the most powerful AI you can use, it will inhibit 98+% of estrogen using a dose as low as .25mg and even lower. This is why I suggest you do not use a dose higher than .50mg while on cycle just trying to prevent estrogen related side effects.

You will want to start running the letro approximately 2 weeks before you begin your cycle to allow it to fully stabilize in your blood. I have often heard the argument that letro takes up to 60 days to stabilize, I don’t know if I buy into this for the reason that I have reversed gyno after using letro for only 1 week. Still to be safe I recommend starting it before your cycle as stated above.

If you do decide to run letro there is absolutely no need to run another AI or SERM. Do not make the mistake of thinking more is better. Think of it this way; if letro is preventing the conversion of androgens to estrogen than there is no estrogen, what would the purpose of a SERM be when there is no estrogen to bind to the receptors? Nolva will only take away from the effectiveness of letro.

This brings me to my next point. Do not listen to anyone who tells you to bump up your nolvadex to 60+mg ED if you get gyno. I have no idea where this idea started but I have seen it suggest far too many times recently. Nolvadex will do nothing to reverse your gyno…let me make that clear IT WILL DO NOTHING FOR GYNO. If you are running nolva as your anti-e and start to develop gyno than sure you can bump the dosage a small amount to try to prevent it from progressing further, but letrozole must begin ASAP.

It is very important that you begin taking letrozole immediately, the longer your wait the more risk you take in not being able to reverse it.

How do I know if I have gyno?
If you have developed gyno you will have a lump behind your nipple. It will be fairly hard, and it will be tender to touch.

Running letro to reverse gyno:
I am going to go over the three different scenarios which people could fit into. Remember regardless of what scenario you are in it is important that you begin taking the letro ASAP.

1. Already using an anti-e aside from letro.
2. Already using letro @ a dose of .25mg or .50mg ED.
3. Not running any estrogen protection.

Day 1: .25mg Letro + anti-e*
Day 2: .50mg Letro
Day 3: 1.0mg Letro
Day 4: 1.5mg Letro
Day 5: 2.0mg Letro
Day 6: 2.5mg Letro **

Day 1: .50mg Letro
Day 2: 1.0mg Letro
Day 3: 1.5mg Letro
Day 4: 2.0mg Letro
Day 5: 2.5mg Letro **

Day 1: .50mg Letro
Day 2: 1.0mg Letro
Day 3: 1.5mg Letro
Day 4: 2.0mg Letro
Day 5: 2.5mg Letro **

*Regardless of the anti-e you are using it is important to still use it for the first day you begin letro as the letro will not have taken any effect and you by no means want your body to be without any protection when gyno is already prevalent.

** You will remain at this dose until gyno symptoms subside. Once you believe your gyno is gone it is important to stay at this dose for another 4-7 days to ensure all traces are gone. I recommend people with a bf% over 15 stay on for a week as it may be harder to judge completely whether the lump is completely gone. Once this period is over it will be important to taper letro down slowly rather than coming off it completely. Regardless of which manner you tapered up your dose you will all taper down in the same fashion.

Day 1: 2.0mg
Day 2: 1.5mg
Day 3: 1.0mg
Day 4: .50mg***
Day 5: .25mg
***You can remain at this dose or go down further to .25mg. It is really up to you at this point. They are both very common maintenance doses as an anti-e while on cycle. Personally I have stayed with .25mg and never had a problem.

Letro and the estrogen rebound:
With your estrogen being completely inhibited there is a definite estrogen rebound as your body tries to re-stabilize the testosterone:estrogen balance. We can prevent this rebound effect by supplementing further with another AI or SERM. So, I suggest that when you are coming to the end of your cycle you will more than likely be using Nolva in your PCT so just make sure that you begin taking nolva the last day you are going to take your letro and then continue on as you would with regular PCT.

This now leads us into the question of reversing gyno while not on cycle. There are a few things to remember here. You have already waited longer than you should have, and your sex drive will be shot. You can use tribulus or another natural test booster to help you in this scenario but I can’t guarantee the effectiveness. Just follow gyno reversal protocols 2 or 3. When coming off again you must taper and begin using nolvadex to prevent any rebound effect that may occur.

How much nolvadex should you use if you are not going into PCT and running this off cycle? I suggest starting at 20mg ED for a week and then lowering it to 10mg for another week and then coming off completely.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sore Joints

Sore Joints

One side effect with using steroids is getting Sore Joints. There are supplements like Joint Support, Joint Command and others that help with the soreness. The following are popular and have worked for many people combating this problem.

Fish Oil
*Dosages: 3-8g of Fish Oil per day, spread out evenly throughtout the day
Glucosamine Sulfate
1,500 mg glucosamine
1,200 mg chondroitin sulfate
Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are substances found naturally in the body. Glucosamine is a form of amino sugar that is believed to play a role in cartilage formation and repair. Chondroitin sulfate is part of a large protein molecule (proteoglycan) that gives cartilage elasticity.

Past studies show that some people with mild to moderate osteoarthritis (OA) taking either glucosamine or chondroitin sulfate reported pain relief at a level similar to that of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen. Some research indicates that the supplements might also slow cartilage damage in people with OA. Definitive results about the effects of these supplements are expected from an in-depth clinical study currently being conducted by the National Institutes of Health.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
GREAT thread Renegad.

Have you ever heard of the Supplement called Cycle Support?

It is extracts and contains many of the items you listed above for lipid support, prostate, Blood Pressure items etc

Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 1000mg
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) 1200mg
Hawthorn Berry Extract 1000mg
Saw Palmetto 300mg
Policosonol 20mg
Celery Seed Extract 150mg
Nettle Root 250mg
Idebenone 100mg
Beta Sitosterol 150mg

CROWLER

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Liv-52 for liver protection also!!!! Dandelion root for kidneys...

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
GREAT thread Renegad.

Have you ever heard of the Supplement called Cycle Support?

It is extracts and contains many of the items you listed above for lipid support, prostate, Blood Pressure items etc

CROWLER
You beat me to it Crowler lol!! That was my next suggestion.. Good stuff!!!!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support

Cycle Support

There is a product that I want to focus on in this post, and that is Cycle Support by Anabolic Innovations.

For those of you lucky enough to know about this product, you can purchase it and have in your posession all of the herbs needed to support a healthy and productive cycle.

This will lessen the confusion, cost and timely effort to purchase ALL of the individual herbs and supplements needed to have a safe cycle.

Taken from Whey Protein Isolate Concentrate Powder Bodybuilding Anabolic Innovations EXCELL Cookies optimum, diet, supplements, bodybuilders, nutrition, athletes - Home

Cycle Support
30 Day Supply

Chocolate or Peanut Butter Flavor

I don't know about you but I get pretty darn sick and tired of being either on cycle or post cycle and having to take pill after pill after pill to bring my lipids levels up/blood pressure down/prostate down/and liver values back up.

Lets face it, these new products on the market such as Superdrol are great products but as you know they absolutely destroy your liver/lipid values and those of you sensitive to hypertension can also be at risk. This is where we come in. We have developed a formula that will include prostate/heart/liver/lipid support for a price that is less than if you got each of the items, mixed them together and then added a flavor system.

Dosages are listed below and are at levels that are truly beneficial for your health needs.

Introducing Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support!!!!

Chocolate or Peanut Butter flavored powder formula, so no more pill popping throughout the day! 3.1 grams per serving 2 times a day.

Just mix it in with your favorite protein powder

(all products are standardized)

Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 1000mg
NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) 1200mg
Hawthorn Berry Extract 1000mg
Saw Palmetto 300mg
Policosonol 20mg
Celery Seed Extract 150mg
Nettle Root 250mg
Idebenone 100mg
Beta Sitosterol 150mg

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Hair Loss

Hair Loss and Thinning

An unfortunate androgenic side effect from steroid use is hair loss or thinning.

For those who are prone to male pattern baldness, running a compound that is highly androgenic can have negative effects on the hairline. Here is what you can do to prevent this.

A Great Source of Information regarding Hair Loss Prevention:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/21961-hair-loss-prevention.html

Proscar/Propecia/finasteride
*Prescription Only*
*Not intended for use by women
*Can be taken with or without food.
*Dose is 1-3mg everyday

Proscar prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and hair loss. Proscar is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). Finasteride is also used to reduce hair loss due to male pattern baldness.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Gonna keep this one bumped for a bit!! Good post!!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Prostate Pain

Prostate Pain

Messing with your prostate is no joke! And you can get an enlarged prostate from using steroidal compounds.

What are the symptoms of an enlarged prostate?

The symptoms can range from difficulty urinating (dribbling), frequent urination, painful urination, lower abdominal pain, and pain between the groin and anus.

How do I treat this?

*Urinate when you first get the urge. Also, go to the bathroom when you have the chance, even if you don't feel a need to urinate.

*Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner.

*Don't drink a lot of fluid all at once. Spread out fluids throughout the day. Avoid drinking fluids within 2 hours of bedtime.

*Try NOT to take over-the-counter cold and sinus medications that contain decongestants or antihistamines. These medications can increase BPH symptoms.

Saw Palmetto
*Dosage is around 300-500mg Everyday
*Look for fat-soluble saw palmetto extract with 85-95% fatty acids and sterols.
Originally used by Native Americans as a remedy for urinary problems, saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) is now popular as an over-the-counter supplement for prostate health. And for good reason. Evidence is building that this herb—extracted from the dark purple berries of the American saw palmetto plant—may help treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), the fancy name for an enlarged prostate gland. In Germany, Austria, Italy, and other European countries, saw palmetto is an accepted medical treatment for BPH.

Beta Sitosterol
Daily dosage: Between 60 (20 mg three times per day) and 130 mg per day have been used in trials reporting a reduction in prostatic hyperplasia-related symptoms.
Beta-sitosterol is one of a group of organic compounds found in plants that, alone and in combination with similar plant sterols, reduces blood levels of cholesterol.

The reduction of cholesterol levels appears to be because beta-sitosterol blocks absorption of cholesterol.4 It has also been effective in reducing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Oily Skin

Oily Skin

One of the least serious side effects, in my opinion, is getting oily skin.

Oily skin occurs when the glands produce more oil than is needed for proper lubrication of the skin.

How do I treat it?

Luckily (some would say!), bodybuilders are not the only people who have problems with oily skin. The industry is a multi-million dollar one, mostly kept alive by adolescents. We have a plethora of knowledge at our fingertips.

---

Simply washing your face and body with girly soaps and products will help a great deal. Also, taking in a multivitamin everyday will help.

Vitamins!
-

400 I.U Vitamin E
400 Mg.Vitamin C
Vitamin B-5 (Helps with Acne)
Vitamin B-3 (Niacin - helps promote skin care)
Green Tea - Approx. 500-1000mg of ECGC

Cleansers!
-

*Use an oil-free moisturizer
*Choose products containing alpha-hydroxy acids, which remove dead cells and give skin a smoother appearance.
*Add chamomile, lavender oil or dried herbs such as rosemary, parsley or thyme to steaming water.
*Keep your skin hydrated by drinking at least eight glasses of water a day.
*Reduce fats and oils in your diet. Increase your intake of fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
*Watch your sun exposure. Although the sun may seem to dry your skin, too much heat actually stimulates the production of more oil.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion root for kidneys...
Bump.

For lower back pain ON cycle, I recommend the following stack:

Dandelion root: 1200-1500mg
L-Taurine: 1000-5000mg
Milk Thistle: 600-800mg
Saw Palmetto: 300mg
Potassium: 100-300mg
Fish Oil: 2-5g
Some would say overkill, but I beleive you will have all of your bases covered with this stack. Potential causes for lower back pain (other than muscular or skeletal pain unrelated to your cycle) should be taken care of.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion root FOR kidneys?

Now, I'd like to see the info on that because as far as I know dandelion root acts as a diuretic, which would strip water from the body thereby being BAD for the kidneys. i may be wrong, but I'd like to see the proof its good for kidneys.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion root FOR kidneys?

Now, I'd like to see the info on that because as far as I know dandelion root acts as a diuretic, which would strip water from the body thereby being BAD for the kidneys. i may be wrong, but I'd like to see the proof its good for kidneys.
Bump for more info on DR having diuretic properties. As far as I know, it acts more like flushing toxins in the system out, which could be viewed as mildly diruetic. I pulled this off some herb site,

Dandelion is more than just a common lawn weed - it contains vital nutrients and minerals as well as vitamins A, B, C and D. Dandelion has been used for centuries as a primary herb that purifies the blood and flushes toxins out of the body, via the liver and kidneys. Today, Dandelion is commonly found in salads, wines and multi-herbal combinations. Rich in calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus and sodium, Dandelion is ideal for treating high blood pressure and poor digestion by stimulating the circulation of blood to the entire body. Dandelion's anti-inflammatory properties help alleviate inflammation and muscle spasms, plus it acts as a mild laxative relieving constipation. Dandelion, unlike some chemical diet supplements, will not deplete the body of potassium when used for weight loss.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Here go on the dandelion root... Entire article is good . but see what I highlighted in red.....

Volume 2, Issue 12, Article 2, January 2002

Dandelion - Taraxacum officinale

Dandelion is a common meadow herb of the Asteraceae or sunflower family, closely related to chicory. There are about 100 species. Its name is a corruption of the French "dents de lion", meaning "teeth of the lion."

Folk names include lion's tooth, bitterwort, wild endive, priest's crown, doonheadclock, piss-a-bed, Irish daisy, blow ball, yellow gowan, puffball, clock flower, swine snout, Pu gong ying, fortune-teller, and cankerwort.

The generic name derives from the Greek words taraxos, meaning disorder, and akos, meaning remedy. The designation officinale indicates that Dandelion was officially listed as a medicinal.

The Dandelion grows to a height of about 12 inches in temperate lands.

History
Dandelion has a long history. Early colonists brought it to North America, where indigenous people saw its value and used it for its medical and nutritional benefits.

Dandelion leaves and roots have been used for centuries to treat liver, gall bladder, kidney, and joint problems. In some countries, Dandelion is considered a blood purifier and is used for ailments such as eczema and cancer. Dandelion has also been used to treat poor digestion, water retention, and diseases of the liver such as hepatitis.

The first mention of the Dandelion as a medicine is in the works of Arabian physicians of the tenth and eleventh centuries. Thirteenth-century Welsh medicine lauds its properties.

Active Constituents
Dandelion is a source of potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus and iron. The leaves are a richer source of Vitamin A than carrots and contain some amounts of Vitamins B, C and D. The root contains bitter glycosides, tannins, triterpenes, sterols, volatile oil, choline, asparagin, and inulin.

Actions
Diuretic, hepatic, cholagogue, anti-rheumatic, laxative, tonic, bitter. It is a general stimulant to the system, especially to the urinary organs, and is primarily used in kidney and liver disorders.
The root is commonly used as a hepatic. The leaf, taken cool, acts as a diuretic.

Uses
The bitter compounds in the leaves and root help stimulate digestion and are mild laxatives. They also increase bile production in the gall bladder and bile flow from the liver. This makes Dandelion a great tonic for people with sluggish liver function due to alcohol abuse or poor diet. The increase in bile flow can help improve fat (including cholesterol) metabolism in the body.

The whole plant is valuable as a general tonic. It may be taken as an infusion of the leaf, a juice extraction, a root decoction, a fluid extract or a tincture. Fresh leaves may be added to salads. The juice extraction is the most potent for medicinal purposes.

Dandelion has reportedly been used to eradicate warts and to soothe calluses, bee stings, or sores.

Many herbalists view the Dandelion as an effective treatment for liver disease, even in extreme cases such as cirrhosis. It can also benefit the pancreas, kidneys, stomach, and spleen. The dried leaf, taken as a tea, is used as a mild laxative to relieve constipation.

Dandelion leaf is a good natural source of potassium, and will replenish any potassium that may be lost due to the herb's diuretic action on the kidneys. This means Dandelion is a safe diuretic in cases of water retention due to heart problems.

The herb is useful in cases of anaemia and hepatitis, and may help to lower high blood pressure. Dandelion may also provide relief for rheumatism and arthritis.

Dandelion therapy, consisting of therapeutic doses of dandelion preparations taken over time, may help reduce stiffness and increase mobility in situations of chronic degenerative joint disease.

Dandelion as a Diuretic
Most women experience pre-menstrual water retention. The familiar symptoms of weight gain, bloating, breast tenderness, and irritability can make the week prior to menstruation miserable.

A Diuretic helps the body with the elimination of urine. Synthetic diuretics flush important minerals such as potassium from the body. Potassium, together with sodium, helps to regulate muscle and nerve function. The loss of these minerals (called electrolytes) can cause dangerous muscle weakness and loss of co-ordination, and even heart rhythm disturbances. Dandelions are remarkable sources of natural potassium, and offer all the advantages of a balanced diuretic in natural form

Dandelion as a Hepatic
A Hepatic is a herb, usually a bitter herb, which works particularly well on the liver by toning, nourishing, and strengthening it, and by empowering its activity as the primary blood-cleansing organ in the body.

The blood can be contaminated by stress, lack of exercise, poor diet, toxins, and genetic predisposition. When the blood doesn't flow actively, arthritic pains may result because gases or gravel materials are deposited in the joints. Skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis may result from the body trying to push toxins out through the skin.

Dandelion is also a bitter that functions as a Cholagogue. That is, it helps the digestion by increasing the flow of bile released from the gall bladder, which is essential in helping us utilise food nutrients and eliminate waste.

Chinese Herbal Applications
Dandelion is used in cases of jaundice, hepatitis, and red and swollen eyes, as well as urinary tract infection, abscesses, or firm, hard sores in the breasts. It is also said to be effective in increasing the production of mother's milk.

Astrologically, Dandelion falls under the dominion of Jupiter.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion root seems like its a very overlooked, potentially important aid in our support...!
-

I'd like to see somebody post some information on progest. induced gyno vs. estrogen induced gyno (in laymans terms!)...differences, sides, treatment, etc...I've battled gyno myself but have always wondered if it was caused by progest...:)

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Laymans terms what does that mean lol.. Well we will start here.. The issuse is not progesterone but AAS with proestinic properties.. Check this out first..

Progesterone induced gynecomastia? Don't think so

I would like to cear up a few misconceptions about progesterone and gynecomastia.

Their is absolutely no steroid that aromatizes into progesterone. The reason for this is that progesteron does not have an aromatic A ring. So toss that myth out the window. Tren? Deca? Sorry but it just doesn't happen.

Now Tren and Deca bind pretty well to the PR. They are progestins in their own right without undergoing any structural changes, but their affinity is MUCH weaker than progesterone itself. Even more so when nandrolone is reduced by 5-alpha reductase into DHN. Their is a small chance of progestogenic activity that could aid in manifesting a mass in the mammry IF estrogen is present in supraphysiological amounts, without proper ratio to testosterone but I have never see a documented case of progestogenic gynecomastia. The reason for this is that the PR has two isoforms. The PR-A and PR-B. PR-B mediates stimulatory effects of progestins; PR-A which is bound with progestins or anti-progestins inhibits PR-B, and PR-A is dominant,. The response to progesterone is determined by the relative expression of the two isoforms.

There is a direct relationship between the PR isoforms and steroid concentrations an this direct relationship suggests high progesterone concentrations, but this will induce the expression of PR-A, which represses transcription of PR-B, which in turn supresses PR function and progestin effect
With initial administration of nandrolone or it's dirivitives, I could see an expression of PR-B but a rapid rise in PR-A will ultimately supress the function of the PR. IMO, you would need a high ratio of the two before concerns, and this is a bit more of a possiblity with the begining of administration. In this time of vulnerability, rest assured in aromatase inhibitors as progesterone is an E2 agonist so the utilization of an AI will help. I personally don't think the concern is warranted though

Their are 4 combinations of hormones that cause gyno- Estrogen, Progesterone, Prolactin, and IGF. Nandrolone is a weak progestin, which agonizes the PRL, it also raises IGF. Progesterone induced gyno is not really of a concern given binding affinity to the PR and the mechanism of the two isoforms. The production of prolactin is a deffinate risk. Not only can it be an inductor for gyno along side estrogen, IGF, and pogesterone; this chance is increased as prolactn lowers testosterone. So you need to make sure to take proper precautions to not only keep estrogen in check, but prolactin as well...........

So that said prolactin/estrogen kept in check will help with ALL gyno...

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Here is what prog is if anyone was wondering....

Main Entry: pro·ges·ter·one
Pronunciation: prO-'jes-t&-"rOn
Function: noun
Etymology: progestin + -sterone
Date: 1935
: a female steroid sex hormone C21H30O2 that is secreted by the corpus luteum to prepare the endometrium for implantation and later by the placenta during pregnancy to prevent rejection of the developing embryo or fetus

I think my buddys protocol I have in this thread is a good one.. I have seen it work very well so thats what I recommed for treatment JMHO... Again progestorone gyno in not a concern if estrogen is kept in check..

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Nice... a diuretic that's good for the kidneys.. I'll take it :D

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Oh something else!!! Taking testosterone can lower T-3 which inturn will increase prolactin ... Which can also cause sex drive problems ( low sex drive while on cycle).. So I would also add B-6 to help with prolactin issues .....

linznmike1305

Awards
question i got a mild case of gyno.. not sore anymore jus kina puffy jus started taking arrimidex i got 20 caps anything else i can do to make sure this goes away??

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Dandelion root seems like its a very overlooked, potentially important aid in our support...!
-

I'd like to see somebody post some information on progest. induced gyno vs. estrogen induced gyno (in laymans terms!)...differences, sides, treatment, etc...I've battled gyno myself but have always wondered if it was caused by progest...:)
Also wanted to make it clear that Letro can reduce progesterone receptors ... So it can kinda kill two birds with one stone ( lower estrogen and reduce progesterone receptors!!)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
One last bump before it slips into oblivion

MANimal

Awards
I guess I'll add-

Sleep, Estrogen Control, Blood Pressure, Anti-Oxidant

Melatonin

People on cycle report having sleep deprevation and other sleep related problems. The use of exogenous steriods/hormones can distrupt a variety of endogenous hormones and comprimise their fuctions. While most do embrace the use of Melatonin for sleep, some often neglect to use it on-cycle unless they experience sleeping issues and even post-cycle with SERMS. But, what's to know is that Melatonin does a whole lot more than help with sleep.

Estrogen Control

"Analysis of the results showed that melatonin administration induced a 50-70% decrease in numbers of estrogen receptor-immunoreactive neurons in the medial preoptic area of ovariectomized female hamsters. Furthermore, an overall qualitative decrease in the intensity of estrogen receptor immunoreactivity was observed."

"Melatonin interferes with estrogen (E2) signaling in MCF7 cells by impairing estrogen receptor (ER) pathways."

Why take it post cycle with a SERM?
"We found that estrogen treatment reversed the effects of melatonin. What we noticed was very interesting was that when we combined tamoxifen with melatonin in the presence of estradiol, we got a greater inhibitory effect than either of the two alone. There seemed to be an enhancing effect of the combination of tamoxifen and melatonin. Melatonin sensitized breast cancer cells to the actions of tamoxifen."

"We took cells and just exposed them to three different doses of tamoxifen. We pretreated another group of cells with melatonin at a physiological level for 24 hours and then we washed out the melatonin and exposed those melatonin pretreated cells to the tamoxifen. Melatonin enhanced the effects of tamoxifen in inhibiting cell growth. This suggested to us that melatonin does sensitize breast cancer cells to the inhibitory effects of tamoxifen and that these two agents might be used in some combination to the advantage of the patient eventually."
Blood Pressure

"Melatonin also affects the cardiovascular parameters of humans. Chronic melatonin intake decreased the systolic blood pressure, decreased the diastolic blood pressure, lowered the heart rate during the diurnal hours and accelerated the heart rate during the second half of the night. Melatonin in combination with Cozaar reduced blood pressure, cardiac output, and energy consumption of the myocardium. Cozaar plus melatonin also normalized the circadian rhythms of blood pressure and heart rate. Circulating melatonin levels may be related to cardiovascular diseases. In patients with coronary heart disease, blood melatonin levels at night were significantly lower than those in the controls."
Anti-Oxidant

Melatonin is a highly important antioxidant. Free radicals are chemical constituents that have an unpaired electron. If an electron is added to O2 then the superoxide anion radical O2- is formed. O2- is reduced by superoxide dismutase to H2O2 which is toxic at high concentrations and can be reduced to_OH. The hydroxyl radical (.OH) damages cells. Melatonin is an efficient neutraliser of.OH. (9)

Age related brain deterioration is extremely costly in terms of quality of life. One of the potential major causes of age-related destruction of neuronal tissue is toxic free radicals that are a natural result of aerobic metabolism. The brain is particularly susceptible to free radical attack.(10(

Vitamin antioxidants.vitamin E (alpha- tocopherol in particular) and vitamin C (ascorbate) aid in protecting the brain from oxidative stress by directly scavenging toxic radicals. The pineal hormone melatonin is rapidly taken up by the brain. In vitro melatonin is more effective than glutathione in scavenging the highly toxic (.OH) radical and also more efficient than vitamin E in neutralising the peroxyl radical. It also stimulates the main antioxidant enzyme of the brain, glutathione peroxidase. In vivo melatonin is a potent antioxidant.(10)
In conclusion, Melatonin is a very underrated support supplement and makes one heck of synergist of SERMS like nolva taken for post cycle therapy.

TheDrive

Awards
Letrozole & other Aromatise Inhibitors

SERM – Selective estrogen receptor modulator. These drugs work by binding to the estrogen receptors and flooding them in a sense, making it difficult (but not impossible by any means) for estrogen to bind to the receptors and thus prevent the onset of estrogen related side effects.
Most common forms: Tamoxifen (Nolvadex), Clomiphene (Clomid)
AI – Aromatise Inhibitor. These drugs work by inhibiting the aromatization of estrogen. This means that in effect AI’s prevent androgens from converting to estrogen, again, making it difficult (but not impossible) for estrogen to reach receptor sites.
Most common forms: Anastrozole (l-dex, a-dex), Exemestane (aromasin), Femera (letrozole). For our purpose of reversing gyno we are interested in Letro.

Running letro to prevent gyno:
If you decide to run estrogen protection while on cycle (and I suggest you do unless you are aware that you do not require it), you can run either a SERM or an AI. Letro will be the most powerful AI you can use, it will inhibit 98+% of estrogen using a dose as low as .25mg and even lower. This is why I suggest you do not use a dose higher than .50mg while on cycle just trying to prevent estrogen related side effects.

You will want to start running the letro approximately 2 weeks before you begin your cycle to allow it to fully stabilize in your blood. I have often heard the argument that letro takes up to 60 days to stabilize, I don’t know if I buy into this for the reason that I have reversed gyno after using letro for only 1 week. Still to be safe I recommend starting it before your cycle as stated above.

If you do decide to run letro there is absolutely no need to run another AI or SERM. Do not make the mistake of thinking more is better. Think of it this way; if letro is preventing the conversion of androgens to estrogen than there is no estrogen, what would the purpose of a SERM be when there is no estrogen to bind to the receptors? Nolva will only take away from the effectiveness of letro.

This brings me to my next point. Do not listen to anyone who tells you to bump up your nolvadex to 60+mg ED if you get gyno. I have no idea where this idea started but I have seen it suggest far too many times recently. Nolvadex will do nothing to reverse your gyno…let me make that clear IT WILL DO NOTHING FOR GYNO. If you are running nolva as your anti-e and start to develop gyno than sure you can bump the dosage a small amount to try to prevent it from progressing further, but letrozole must begin ASAP.

It is very important that you begin taking letrozole immediately, the longer your wait the more risk you take in not being able to reverse it.

How do I know if I have gyno?
If you have developed gyno you will have a lump behind your nipple. It will be fairly hard, and it will be tender to touch.

Running letro to reverse gyno:
I am going to go over the three different scenarios which people could fit into. Remember regardless of what scenario you are in it is important that you begin taking the letro ASAP.

1. Already using an anti-e aside from letro.
2. Already using letro @ a dose of .25mg or .50mg ED.
3. Not running any estrogen protection.

Day 1: .25mg Letro + anti-e*
Day 2: .50mg Letro
Day 3: 1.0mg Letro
Day 4: 1.5mg Letro
Day 5: 2.0mg Letro
Day 6: 2.5mg Letro **
I have a couple questions for you that hopefully u can answer in the next couple days seeing as I'm planning on starting my cycle within the next week...needless to say, you've not only opened my eyes, but also made me paranoid with all this info...LOL

Q: I really DO NOT WANT TO GET GYNO, so I checked up on Letrozole and no matter where I look, the cheapest place is still $139.00 for 30 tablets @ 2.5 mg. (I am not asking for a source) Are there any other A-Inhibitors you would suggest that are less pricey and still effective?

Q: If someone does develop gyno from PH use, is it generally (or can it be) permanent? I've read where many guys who have developed gyno during their cycles saw it decrease, or disappear altogether, within 60 days after completing their cycle and post cycle therapy.

Q: I have more than enough Nolvadex on hand for PCT. In most cases with a 'dry' compound, do you think I'm safe? No b*tch-tits for me...?

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about using SAM-E for liver protection.

pman

pman

Awards
I don't have any input but excellent post..very good read

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a couple questions for you that hopefully u can answer in the next couple days seeing as I'm planning on starting my cycle within the next week...needless to say, you've not only opened my eyes, but also made me paranoid with all this info...LOL

Q: I really DO NOT WANT TO GET GYNO, so I checked up on Letrozole and no matter where I look, the cheapest place is still $139.00 for 30 tablets @ 2.5 mg. (I am not asking for a source) Are there any other A-Inhibitors you would suggest that are less pricey and still effective?

Q: If someone does develop gyno from PH use, is it generally (or can it be) permanent? I've read where many guys who have developed gyno during their cycles saw it decrease, or disappear altogether, within 60 days after completing their cycle and post cycle therapy.

Q: I have more than enough Nolvadex on hand for post cycle therapy. In most cases with a 'dry' compound, do you think I'm safe? No b*tch-tits for me...?
Imo, you could use a-dex (l-dex) on cycle to prevent gyno. In fact I would not even use letro unless you were having gyno issues. It would be nice to have on hand if the a-dex is not fighting the gyno but it should do the trick unless your susceptible.

I think you are okay with nolva. What are you planning to use btw???

TheDrive

Awards
Imo, you could use a-dex (l-dex) on cycle to prevent gyno. In fact I would not even use letro unless you were having gyno issues. It would be nice to have on hand if the a-dex is not fighting the gyno but it should do the trick unless your susceptible.

I think you are okay with nolva. What are you planning to use btw???
Thanks Travis... if you could, please expand on the whole "a-dex/I-dex" compound. (i.e. if you know the full name of the compound, let me know so I can research/purchase it)

Like I mentioned before, I have more than enough Nolva. I'm planning on running a cycle of Chlorodrol-50 (Halodrol clone) and Epistane. Not sure exactly how I want to do it yet, whether I want to run them both ED together, or run the Epi ED and the Chloro EOD (pulse).

Any input you have would be great. Also, my post is called
Chlorodrol + Epistane just in case you wanted to look it up.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Travis... if you could, please expand on the whole "a-dex/I-dex" compound. (i.e. if you know the full name of the compound, let me know so I can research/purchase it)

Like I mentioned before, I have more than enough Nolva. I'm planning on running a cycle of Chlorodrol-50 (Halodrol clone) and Epistane. Not sure exactly how I want to do it yet, whether I want to run them both ED together, or run the Epi ED and the Chloro EOD (pulse).

Any input you have would be great. Also, my post is called
Chlorodrol + Epistane just in case you wanted to look it up.
Run a search on these boards for arimidex or anastrozole. That should give you plenty of info.

As far as your planned cycle those are both very similar compounds in terms of results. Mild sides with dry gains that is...I am not sure this would be a great stack and stacking two methyls is not generally recommended. Is this your first cycle?

Also, you shouldnt not be scared of gyno at all with halo or epi. That is not a common side with these two. You pry dont even need a strong AI like a-dex imo.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Bumpity bump bump
I've been hearing and reading a lot of good things as far as using I3C as part of PCT as it is a compound used to correct hormonal abnormalities. It is employed to decrease bad estrogens and allow beneficial estrogens.

I'll be using a natural approach (well, OTC) in my next PCT and it will be based off of I3C and trans-resveratrol.

z06

z06

Awards
Liver Protection

Using steroids that pass through the oral pathway (means they are swallowed) are very harsh on the liver. It is ABSOLUTELY NESSECARY to protect your liver with the following herbs, while using oral steroids.

There are products available that are forumlated to protect your liver. They come with the right amount of herbs and protects:

PrimaForce's PROLIVER
Anabolic Xtreme's PERFECT CYCLE

Milk Thistle

Milk thistle nutritionally supports the liver's ability to maintain normal liver function. It has shown positive effects in treating nearly every known form of liver disease, including cirrhosis, hepatitis, necroses, and liver damage due to drug and alcohol abuse. Milk thistle works due to its ability to inhibit the factors responsible for liver damage, coupled with the fact it stimulates production of new liver cells to replace old damaged ones.

Milk thistle has been proven to protect the liver from damage. The detrimental effects of environmental toxins, alcohol, drugs and chemotherapy may be countered with this valuable herb. The active chemical component in the herb is silybin, which functions as an antioxidant and is one of the most potent liver protective agents known. Clinical trials have proven silybin to be effective in treating chronic liver diseases and in protecting the liver from toxic chemicals.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine/NAC

NAC helps the body synthesize glutathione, an important antioxidant. It is an altered form of the amino acid cysteine, which is commonly found in food and synthesized by the body. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that aids in fighting liver damage and kidney damage.

First off this thread contains a lot of great information which everyone who cycles should be aware of. However, I could of swore I read somewhere that if you take too much milk thistle while taking orals it could have an adverse effect. I'd also add Liv52 to the list of liver protectors, as I've found both Liv52 and NAC to extremely beneficial and far superior to milk thistle. If you want I can try and dig up that study on milk thistle, let me know. Also, for joint support I like using microlactin, seems to work nicely for me.