Does EPO (erythropoetin) have potential ?

RDXg0d

Awards
Ok i was reading that EPO increases red blood cells which in return increases oxygen which helps transport nutrients and protein to muscles , similarly to anabolic steroids. Also read that EPO is compared to Growth Hormone in the aspect of helping muscle growth. Could someone incorporate EPO into a cycle?
Also read that cyclists used EPO to get better endurance ...and is used for anemia, and being researched for AIDS patients. Seems that EPO has promise, Whats ur guys opinion? Would taking b12 injections give the same effect?

reidhoch

Awards
Take a look at Erythropoietin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In particular pay attention to this "Excessive use of pharmaceutical EPO can lead to so many red blood cells that the blood becomes thick enough to strain the heart, especially during sleep when the heart rate is low. Beyond a certain point, the increase in haematocrit is actually detrimental to the oxygen carrying capacity due to negative haemodynamic effects, and increases the likelihood of developing symptoms similar to chronic mountain sickness."

I have heard stories of people falling asleep and dying while using this because their blood is so thick, although those stories could just be propaganda.

It is possible that at a low dose this could be great, but as of right now I'm not sure if anyone really knows.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I agree with above, and the cost/effectiveness ratio is probably way too high.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
EPO is not a steroid. Doesn't really fit under the Steroids forum.

RDXg0d

Awards
ok...well i guess i'll just stick to b12 then seems much safer...