Formestane, gave me great libido...

RDXg0d

Awards
ok well i ordered some formestane because of the conversion to 4-OHT , well i snorted a couple of bumps of the stuff and all i could do is wanna phuck every chick around , it was instant , it was like a feeling of well being with a touch of horny. And great hardons....mind you i was on superdrol at the time....i'm lovin this ****....

RDXg0d

Awards
not really it was actually really smooth, i did sneeze like 20 mins later, i thought the same thing that it was gonna burn but it was pretty smooth.....no burn at all....

RDXg0d

Awards
yup the straight up powder, i ordered from mike on 1fast...
gonna get some more next paycheck and make it injectable with a mixture of superdrol , gonna run the superdrol through some methyl-alcohol and let it crystalize and then use a fina kit...we'll see the results little experiment i'm working on....i may also order some raw dhea powder and mix it with formestane ...we'll see

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE Formestane it's awesome stuff but snorting it? Why not just use it transdermally, and ya if your injectable formestane works out i want the recipe i've been wanting that for soooooooo long.

RDXg0d

Awards
i will be following this :

10 gram conversion
Needed
10 grams formestane
2ml Benzyl Alcohol = 5% BA
30.5 ml sesame oil
Syringes 3cc & 5/10cc
18 or 20 gauge needles
mixing Vial
Sterile Vial
Whatman sterile filter

1. Weigh out 10 grams of powder.
2. Place powder in vial.
3. Add BA to the vial.
4. Heat oil in the oven to help sterilize it, heat to at least 212 degrees F. I usually heat my oil at 275 to be sure, I put the oil in a muffin pan, just fill one of the indentions this is plenty for these experiments. Also heat more oil than you need, as you will not be able to get it all out of the pan.
5. Add oil to the vial, save 2 ml of oil in the syringe for later. Gently shake vial.
6. Heat mixture if necessary. I like heating my powder products, by placing the vial in a frying pan, and placing it on the eye of the stove.
7. Place a 18 or 20 gauge needle in the sterile vial attach Whatman sterile filter.
8. Place another needle in the sterile vial to relieve the pressure.
9. Draw out solution with a syringe, run though Whatman filter.
10. Take other syringe with 2ml oil, run through Whatman into solution.

Makes 40ml @ 250mg/ml

and will be using notacows fillers removal extraction

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
formestane is good stuff, but considering the fact that the oral availability is high and the stuff is dirt cheap, i cant think of one single good reason to make it injectable....at least not for anabolic purposes. it isnt like it's legal once you convert it, sterilize it and shoot it (although it is obtained legally) perhaps that is what is driving this insanity? the legality?

cant imagine why it would crank libido up when administered intranasally...its effects are mostly anti-aromatase, with the potential for a small amount of 4OHT conversion...not that i'm not curious, but like all opinions and experiences posted here, the grain of salt that accompanies them is substantial.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that the oral availabilty was quite low thus the need for a transdermal delivery.

FORMESTANE

SUMMARY SHEET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRADE NAME: Lentaron

Licensed Indications:

‘Treatment of advanced breast cancer in women with natural or artificially induced post-menopausal status’.

Background Information

In western societies breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, with 10-12% of women developing the disease and 3-5% dying from it.1 There are about 25,000 new cases of breast cancer diagnosed annually in the UK, resulting in 13-15,000 deaths each year; two-thirds of these cases occur in women over the age of 50.2

Advanced breast cancer is an incurable disease with a poor prognosis. The growth of a large proportion of metastatic breast tumours is dependent on hormonal stimulation. Endocrine therapy, therefore, plays a key role in the treatment of breast cancer, reducing the oestrogen supply to the tumour cell. In postmenopausal women, oestrogens are produced mainly by the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone to oestrone and oestradiol respectively. Aromatase inhibitors prevent the peripheral conversion of androgens to oestrogens by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme.

Current first-line endocrine treatment is with oral tamoxifen, an antioestrogen. Tamoxifen causes tumour regression in approximately 30% of patients treated, and about 60% of patients whose tumours are oestrogen receptor (ER) positive.3,4 However, some patients fail to respond to tamoxifen (‘de novo resistance’) or relapse after responding (‘acquired resistance’). In these cases, subsequent hormonal treatment should be investigated.

Dosage and administration

Oral formestane does not suppress aromatase to the same degree as parenteral treatment. Administration is therefore by depot intramuscular injection given every two weeks.

Clinical Efficacy

In early studies, formestane was investigated as second or third-line therapy in women who had been heavily pre-treated with tamoxifen, progestogens or aminoglutethamide. More recently, the efficacy of formestane has been compared with that of tamoxifen as first-line endocrine therapy for advanced breast cancer.

In these trials the efficacy of formestane was usually evaluated in terms of ‘complete’ and ‘partial’ response to therapy according to the criteria adopted by the World Health Organisation (WHO)5:-

Complete response(CR): disappearance of all known disease
Partial response (PR): ³ 50% reduction in measurable lesions and no appearance of new lesions or progression of any lesion
Objective response (OR): sum of complete and partial responses
Disease stabilisation/No change (NC): < 50% decrease or < 25% increase in the size of measurable lesions
Progressive disease (PD): ³ 25% increase in size of one or more measurable lesions or the appearance of new lesions.

Efficacy as second- or third-line endocrine therapy

In phase II non-comparative trials6-9 investigating the efficacy of formestane, objective response rates (complete + partial response) ranged from 22 to 39% in patients treated with formestane 250mg i.m. every two weeks. The percentage of patients experiencing a complete response ranged from 0 to 12% and partial responses were reported in 16 to 39%. Responses were maintained for a median of 8 to 13 months.

Efficacy as first-line endocrine therapy.

One randomised, controlled study of 409 patients compared formestane with tamoxifen as first-line hormonal therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer of unknown receptor status.10 An objective response was reported in 33% of patients treated with formestane and 37% treated with tamoxifen. A complete response was reported in 8% and 6% and a partial response in 25% and 31% of patients respectively. The median duration of response was 458 and 604 days respectively. There were no statistically significant differences between therapy in any of these response rates. There was no statistically significant difference between treatments for survival (35 months for formestane and 38 months for tamoxifen). For time to disease progression and time to treatment failure, however, tamoxifen was statistically superior (p £ 0.01) to formestane.

Adverse Effects

Intramuscular formestane was well tolerated in clinical trials by the majority of postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer. Local adverse effects at the injection site have been reported in about 7% of patients. The most common adverse events experienced by patients treated with formestane were hot flushes, nausea and vomiting, lethargy, skin rash/itching. Other adverse events reported include dizziness, drowsiness, headache, peripheral oedema, thrombophlebitis, muscle cramps, arthralgia and, rarely, anaphylactoid reactions. There has been one report of hypoglycaemia associated with formestane treatment.11

Conclusion

Formestane showed similar systemic efficacy and tolerability to tamoxifen as first-line therapy. Tamoxifen, being orally administered and well established, is generally more acceptable for first-line therapy. As second or third-line therapy, phase II non-comparative studies showed an objective response rate with formestane of between 22 and 39%. No published studies have directly compared formestane with other second-line therapies.

References

Harris JR, Lippman ME, Veronesi U & Willett W. Breast Cancer (First of Three Parts). NEJM. 1992; 327: 319-28.
Smellie WJB & Sacks NPM. Recent advances in the treatment of breast cancer. Postgrad.Med.J. 1994; 70: 243-246
Pritchard K. Breast cancer: the real challenge. Lancet 1997; 349: (124-126)
Jones A. Hormonal Therapy and Immunotherapy for Cancer. Medicine 1995; 430-432.
Miller AB, Hoogstraten B, Staquet M & Winkler A. Reporting results of cancer treatment. Cancer, 1981; 47: 207-214.
Bajetta E, Zilembo N, Buzzoni R, et al. Endocrinological and clinical evaluation of two doses of formestane in advanced breast cancer. Br J Cancer 1994; 70: 145-150.
Possingere K, Jonat W & Hoffken K. Formestane in the treatment of advanced postmenopausal breast cancer. Ann.Onc. 1994; 5 (Suppl.7): S7-S10.
Murray R & Pitt P. Treatment of advanced breast cancer with formestane. Ann.Onc. 1994; 5 (Suppl.7): S11-S13.
Bajetta, Zilembo N, Buzzoni R, et al. Formestane: Effective therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer. Ann.Onc. 1994; 5 (Suppl.7): S15-S17.
Perez Carrion R, Alberola Candel V, Calabresi F, et al. Comparison of the selective aromatase inhibitor formestane with tamoxifen as first-line hormonal therapy in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer. Ann.Onc. 1994; 5 (Suppl.7): S19-S24.
Brankin E, Gallagher A & Soukop M. Hypoglycaemia associated with formestane treatment. BMJ 1997; 314: 869-870.
Date: September 1997 SS97/20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ran low dose of 40ht trans with mdien and m4ohn. the trans did enough to keep my libido while on the other two libido killers.

RDXg0d

Awards
maybe since u snort it the mucus membranes absorb it differently , but all i know is that it has low anabolic , low androgenic and has antiestrogenic properties, which is somewhat of a good balancing agent, kinda like proviron ....all i know is that i think at low doses its good for anti-estrogen properties but at high doses it does convert to 4-oht, the effects exactly i really dont know ...but all i know is that its been giving me great libido boosts.

CrzyHrse

CrzyHrse

Awards
The injectable version of formestane is an acetate ester. Not sure how the stuff you get from 1fast will work if converted, since it is just straight formestane.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, 4OHT is great. I use it every cycle. When it was legal, it was the legal man's Proviron...now, its just the same, I guess.

Who wants to bet that a variation of this is what's in M-TST?

RDXg0d

Awards
4-OHT being the secret drug in M-TST seems that is could be , but would'nt it have to be really high doses to see any effects....

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
4-OHT being the secret drug in M-TST seems that is could be , but would'nt it have to be really high doses to see any effects....
Right, I'm saying a variation. Also, who knows how much active is really in it.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n &amp; Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
i will be following this :

10 gram conversion
Needed
10 grams formestane
2ml Benzyl Alcohol = 5% BA
30.5 ml sesame oil
Syringes 3cc & 5/10cc
18 or 20 gauge needles
mixing Vial
Sterile Vial
Whatman sterile filter

1. Weigh out 10 grams of powder.
2. Place powder in vial.
3. Add BA to the vial.
4. Heat oil in the oven to help sterilize it, heat to at least 212 degrees F. I usually heat my oil at 275 to be sure, I put the oil in a muffin pan, just fill one of the indentions this is plenty for these experiments. Also heat more oil than you need, as you will not be able to get it all out of the pan.
5. Add oil to the vial, save 2 ml of oil in the syringe for later. Gently shake vial.
6. Heat mixture if necessary. I like heating my powder products, by placing the vial in a frying pan, and placing it on the eye of the stove.
7. Place a 18 or 20 gauge needle in the sterile vial attach Whatman sterile filter.
8. Place another needle in the sterile vial to relieve the pressure.
9. Draw out solution with a syringe, run though Whatman filter.
10. Take other syringe with 2ml oil, run through Whatman into solution.

Makes 40ml @ 250mg/ml

and will be using notacows fillers removal extraction
I'd like to know how this works out... Formestane is a little tough to get into solution at 250mg/ml and this method only uses 5% BA without any other solvents.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just so we're clear....4OHT is what formestane converts to in the liver, at presumably a very low percentage (10% or less)

also...formestane works orally, but naturally not as well as IM. there is a study on it somewhere.

i'll stick with oral. i dont have the desire to cook and then pin IM ED for just an anti-e effect i can get from a pill. i try and make ancillaries as painless (figuratively and literally) as possible.

RDXg0d

Awards
from what i understand anything higher than 250mg-300mg surpasses the anti-e stage of the hormone and brings out more of the anabolic/androgenic properties. But from what i'm hearing and reading its a good bridging agent between cycles, and helps normalize hormone levels, being that formestane compared to nolvadex , nolva is 99.9% effective at eliminating estrogen, and formestane is 84.9% effective at eliminating estrogen, being that nolvadex binds to the receptors and cleves it off, formestane however just binds and disables it slightly....i might be wrong dont quote me on it...but thats what i understand from what i've read.....

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
from what i understand anything higher than 250mg-300mg surpasses the anti-e stage of the hormone and brings out more of the anabolic/androgenic properties.
care to share where you've read or heard that?

paul2009

Awards
Hi I just learnt about formestane today... just wanted to ask if it decreases dht or if it affects dht at all. thanks...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
Anabolics 31
Anabolics 17
Supplements 42
Anabolics 15