Interesting Study about Glass in Ampules

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Apparently using a commercial ampule opener doesn't change the liklihood or amount of glass contamination:

Entrez PubMed

:blink:

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Apparently using a commercial ampule opener doesn't change the liklihood or amount of glass contamination:

Entrez PubMed

:blink:
I kinda figured as much. I have an ampule opener yet I still filter with a .45 um whatman after diulting. I am speaking of hcg mixed with bateriostatic water. I have never purchased anything else that comes in ampules, partly for the glass contamination reason.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Yep, HCG only for me, too, but it just seems so odd, even with an ampule opener, to burst glass directly above what you're going to inject. It never shatters in only one direction.

Searched and found this b/c i think I might have messed up some HCG :(

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Small enough particles to enter a 29ga slin pin?

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Small enough particles to enter a 29ga slin pin?

That's what I'm wondering, too. I use 29g slin pins, and seems like anything that small would be just like minute sand.

bodyodyo

Awards
SHYT!! what would happen if a tiny piece of glass was injected?? how would you know? Every amp that gets opened probably has tiny glass particles in the solution!!!

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I remember, about a million years ago, doing a 10 weeker of Sustanon 250 from ampules. You'd shave the amps with a file to open them. I always figured there had to be some sort of glass in the oil somewhere.. I don't like amps at all..

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately some things are only available in amps, like HCG.

mercedesdd

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately some things are only available in amps, like HCG.
HCG comes in a multi dose vial also.. I have 10,000 units in one multi dose vial from a compounding pharmacy ( same 10ml vial that test or some other compound would come in)

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
HCG comes in a multi dose vial also.. I have 10,000 units in one multi dose vial from a compounding pharmacy ( same 10ml vial that test or some other compound would come in)
Thanks for the info--I never knew that. The search is on.