Guy At My Gym Taking Superdrol - Yet has NO CLUE!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I thought you guys might find this story a bit amusing. I did.

I finished up my leg workout today and was drinking my protein shake at the counter talking to Haplochrom (a member here at AM).

We overheard this blond guy (probably about 22-23 yrs old) on the other end of the counter say he was taking Superdrol. Another guy asked "what is SD?"
He answered "I don't know. I'm just taking one cap of it."

Haplo and I look at each other with this look :blink: on our faces.
I yell at the guy "are you kidding me?"

He says that he has no idea what it is. His friend sold it to him from some small supp store for $30.
He was going to take 1 pill for the first week, 2 for the second week, and 3 for the 3rd week.

I asked him if he had anything to help with cholesterol levels, liver, cortisol, or estrogen.
He answered that his buddy told him he didn't need an anti-estrogen and he had no clue about cholesterol, liver, or cortisol.

At this point, I'm laughing my azz off.

So, Haplo and I school this dude on what he needs.
I referred him to AI's Cycle Support.

He tells me this sob story about how he had tried VPX's M1T about a year and a half ago. He had gained 20 lbs. in 2 weeks then lost it all when he quit taking it.
Hahaha.

He tells me that his meals consist of McDonald's or other fast food/restaraunt food. He does no cardio.
I deduced he knew NOTHING about a real diet. Nor how he needed to eat while on SD and post cycle therapy. Probably gets 100 grams per day of protein.
(Needless to say, PCT was a new concept.)
He was still drinking.
(Well, not anymore after I scared the Bejesus out of him with bloodtests I've seen on here....)

Later, as I was leaving, he was telling me he was going to get some arimidex because he had heard that was what he needed for estrogen.
I waited for him to walk off, then told Haplo that.
Hap gives me this look again :blink: .
:toofunny:

We were both dumbfounded how this guy could start taking SD yet know NOTHING about it, how to run it, how to come off of it, NOTHING.
I mean, he didn't know it was a "steroid".
He was telling me that he wasn't going to take any steroids ever.
I told him "I've got news for ya bud. M1T and SD are steroids. They require no conversion to an active molecule inside the body."
He was with me after that.

These damn kids today....

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
You should have posted this in the general chat under the "the stupid things people say about working out"

:jaw:

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
There are soooo many people out there just like this!!! Shet half my loser friends who I tell them all about pros and cons like you did to this guy and buy the side supplements and PCT and I find out they don't even take them! SO WHY buy them???? Some people just don't care even if they have a slight clue!

Than some people I know who juiced bacck in the day for years straight yes YEARS straight never coming off omg I'm getting mad just typing this lol......... Those people think superdrol oh its just a little pill I can pop 5 of em for 2 months and not take anything for PCT, man I have a lot of LOSER friends now that I think about it!!!

Yeah don't even get me started on how they eat!!!!! I could post about this for 7 days straight but I really have to go to bed lol!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
defiitely worth repostig i my favorite thread of all time :jaw:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Where Beo??

This doesn't really belong in that workout thread - he seemed to have a good routine (that was the only thing....).

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
lol What a Goober! lol lol

You ALWAYS do your reasearch before you get into ANYTHING. :) lol

Does he still think the earth is flat? lol

That takes the cake (Mcgf is still laughing) :D

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Where Beo??

This doesn't really belong in that workout thread - he seemed to have a good routine (that was the only thing....).
Enhancement relates to working out. There are some funny diet references in there; SD is just as applicable to the stupid things people say about working out.
:bb3:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright. If you want to quote this and put it over there - fine by me!

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is exactly why its good they arent making Superdrol any more. People are just misinformed. They dont think anything sold OTC could be this dangerous. I was suprised as hell when I first started reading about SD's effects on the liver and lipids.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
You know how BSN has that motto "not for the weak!" for their NO-Xplode?? There should be a quote that says,"Not for the STUPID" right on the bottle directly under the warning signs!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it pisses me off when guys like this get bigger and look better than me, one who knows about this stuff. i have talked to plenty of guys who have done cycles of things and have no idea what pct is and yet they look great. bugs the hell out of me. some people have the ability to rebound off drugs very quickly without the need of post cycle support.

frankly though i dont find the story funny. its people like this that get these chemicals taken away from people that do know what they are doing.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Sadly this is sort of inevitable. These grey-market products exist because of a loophole in how the US regulates drugs and supplements. Because the manufacturers don't want to draw attention to the true nature of their products, their write-ups are vague and would allow anyone who casually picks up a bottle in a vitamin store to use it without really understanding the product. If a manufacturer puts too much info on there, then the FDA will order the product off the market as an unapproved drug. :sad:

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
and Mcgwirefan37 said Amen.

Personally I think there should be a constitutional amendment that says "If you do something an expert could say as 'legitamently stupid' then it's your own fault and you are held accountable and nobody else." My old man remembered the days when that very statement was an unwritten rule in court and they threw alot of cases out of court that way and i say God bless them but judges have been playing politics nowdays.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Man the amount of guys at my gym that do M1t, Superdrol and D-bols and don't use liver support or do pct is just ridiculous, i've lost track the amount of guys i've heard have used D-bols and these are guys that you'd never associate with lifting.

AndroAnarchy

Banned
Awards
well it's not really their fault because, they can do all the research they want on the internet and not find anything unless they read through a forum which is very boring.

Jason_L

Awards
a TON of people use AAS's with no PCT. stupid - no doubt. But they are still alive. More people die from acetaminophen every year then ever from steroids.

I'm not supporting these bone heads by any means, but the fact is that probably 99% of the people who buy supplements will not log onto the internet and research it. They assume what they need to know is on the label or in some article they read. or that the person with the white coat on behind the counter at GNC will tell them what they need to know.

Back before the days of the net, all we usually had to go by was what the "big guys" in the gym told us :( He said he used HotStuff - we all bought it. the more "informed" read the mags! LOL. A lot of people are still like that. By the very nature of being here, we are all "net-savvy" and analytical.. but we are the minority.

If they had superdrol at my local GNC, hardly ANYONE would realize what it was, plain and simple. Someone would hear it worked, or would be curious if it worked, and they would buy it and simply read the dosage. Thats the reality. Even if the label fully explained PCT, etc, odds are that either their eye's would gloss over, or they would chuckle thinking that the manufacturer was trying to "make it sound like a steroid". Hardly anyone would realize it actually was a steroid - why would it be at GNC? They would lose their gains, but they will almost certainly recover and will never be the wiser to what it did to them unless they happen to get a blood test near that same timeframe.

None of the guys I knew when I was younger who used steroids did ANY sort of PCT or supporting supps. Of the ones I still talk to - none of them had any health problems down the road. Yes, I still think they were stupid. I would never do a cycle without supporting supps or pct, and I would never take even a supp w/o researching it (gotta know if it is even worth the $).. but to the vast majority, ignorance is bliss. How many normal joe's researched weed, alcohol, ASPIRIN, etc, before they used it? not many. h3ll, someone hands them a pill at a party, and they will take it. And almost all of these people will recover and move on regardless of the stupidity and risk.

My point is simply this - it does not surprise me in the least that people do this. most people are stupid, most of the remaining are ignorant. Most will keep on living their life, not knowing any different - even if they used SD. We might see it (ignorant use of anabolics) as the game of russian roullete it truely is, but even in a real game of russian roullete the odds are still in favor that the one playing will live on just fine. A risk none of us would take, but ignorance is bliss :(

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
I personally research anything that I am unsure about when it relates to my health. That is just me though, as other people do not seem to be as concerned about their health. I just don't want to turn 60 years old, and have my body fall apart. That's just me though.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I have a higher IQ than most people (but some people still make my IQ look like crap) and I'm an info freak. I remember stats and info like crazy and it always drives me to know the most I can about something I'm interested in

(By the way for the purpose of proofing that, Hank Aaron's Strikeout percentage in 1976 was around 4.2 give or take 3 points. McGwire's in 98 was about a horrible 20.8 :) )

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
He answered "I don't know. I'm just taking one cap of it."

He says that he has no idea what it is. His friend sold it to him from some small supp store for $30.
He was going to take 1 pill for the first week, 2 for the second week, and 3 for the 3rd week.

He answered that his buddy told him he didn't need an anti-estrogen and he had no clue about cholesterol, liver, or cortisol.

He tells me that his meals consist of McDonald's or other fast food/restaraunt food.
He was with me after that.

And people wonder why these supps get such bad reports and exposure!!!!:frustrate :fool2:

frankpt

frankpt

Awards
Funny thing this is,or is it. I hear this all the time ,guys not knowing what they are doing at all. I have heard of some guys actually taking 60 mg m1t a day too. The idiots are out there!

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Well the guy is young so I wouldn't have laughed at him. Plus many of us was a bit ignorant before learning more and going to online forums such as AM. So cut the guy a break.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
But it is good to know that you gave him so useful advice and hopefully he will learn from the mistake and make great gains.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
He deserved to be flamed.

He admitted to me that he had no clue about diet. And that SD was his means to an end to get back to 170 lbs (he's at 155 right now).
He knew he f*cked up once I explained the protocol to him.

Yeah - of all the guys that could overhear his conversation - it's gotta be me, "Mr. Windbag" himself - standing on his soapbox using big scientific words. :lol:
(I made him write a bunch of sh*t down because it was clear he wasn't comprehending...)

I was just surprised that this stuff was out there in non-internet stores. I thought everyone buying it would have gotten it from Nutraplanet, Island, BN, and the like - where there is some sort of write-up (maybe...) and a link to a forum.

I'm convinced this guy would have ended up getting ahold of real stuff eventually. He said a friend had Anadrol and he'd never use it - but the words he used and the body language used when he told me about getting big again gave it away.
Maybe he would have gotten good advice on the Anadrol - but if not, he'd have run that stuff all wrong too.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, J, you definitely did the right thing, soapbox boy!

I have a buddy at the gym who ran HD-50. I kept telling him about PCT, and he was a bit evasive or unsure if he wanted to do it. Then I bump into him 2 days before the end of the cycle, and he says "what's that stuff I'm supposed to get again?" I told him that it would never get to him in time, and I even offered to give him a bottle of tamox that he could replace. He ended up not even wanting it.

He was obsessed with the label, and repeatedly said that the label said nothing about PCT. He told me he ran a few cycles of M1T, and he never did PCT from that either. He says that he retained gains and strength, in which case he may be one of the lucky ones, but I can't believe he was so willing to gamble for the sake of $30. He spent $90 on the HD at a local supp store.

I was also surprised the local shops carry these items. Within 1 mile of my apt., there are 2 shops that sell SD. I briefly questioned employees at both regarding PCT, emphasizing "you do realize you are selling steroids, right?" I'd be much more emphatic (a la soapbox boy) with these stores and my buddy, except that I am a teacher, and need to maintain some distance with these matters. I can't quite go making a scene, b/c you never know who will overhear you.

ndfan

Awards
On ebay a few months back I saw a guy had like 15 bottles of the superdrol so I e-mailed him about do a post cycle therapy after and the guy was clueless about SD and PCT. So I explained to him what it was a steroid so hopefully he informed the people who purchased from him but I doubt he did. He was just trying to make a quick buck:nutkick:

dinky

Awards
This isn't funny to people who are trying to figure out what all the know it alls have learned themselves. The problem exsists that every drug otc or otherwise is proclaimed as safe and effective. It's sad that there is just not any real help out there for people who want to build mass, real mass. Some of us have forgotten how we learned the right combination to even little progress - It would be more benifical if we could get practical truth in application at a personal level but we all know people are after size even at the expense of future health.