Steroid test level question - AnabolicMinds.com

Steroid test level question

1. jjm

Steroid test level question

If you run a cycle and somehow don't do a good enough pct, is it possible that your test levels will remain low thus making it hard to gain weight/muscle months after you're done with the cycle?

If so, what would help the siutation?

2. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by jjm
    If you run a cycle and somehow don't do a good enough post cycle therapy, is it possible that your test levels will remain low thus making it hard to gain weight/muscle months after you're done with the cycle?

If it was a big enough cycle it could mess things like your libido up for years ,some say forever,HCG would be wise to run in this predicament.
  3. jjm

Quote Originally Posted by ripped218
    If it was a big enough cycle it could mess things like your libido up for years ,some say forever,HCG would be wise to run in this predicament.
    Well see heres the deal. I ran a cycle of Halodrol back in late February. I gained 14lbs while on cycle.

I haven't gained any weight since I got off the Halodrol. I've seen muscle development in certain areas, but everything else has pretty much stayed the same.

For PCT I used Novedex XT and Rebound XT.

Is it possible that my PCT wasn't good enough, and my test levels are still low, and thats why I'm having a hard time gaining weight/muscle?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

If you run a cycle and somehow don't do a good enough post cycle therapy, is it possible that your test levels will remain low thus making it hard to gain weight/muscle months after you're done with the cycle?

What compounds did you run? How long was the cycle? What other symptoms do you have? LIbido?
  5. jjm

Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    What compounds did you run? How long was the cycle? What other symptoms do you have? LIbido?
    See above.

My libido while on cycle was heightened for the first week and a half or so. I wanted to nail anything that I could picture as a woman.

Right now, I'd say its returned to normal. I have spurts where I'm ungodly horny and you point at it, i'll try and put my **** in it and then I have spurts where I don't care for the *****.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Well see heres the deal. I ran a cycle of Halodrol back in late February. I gained 14lbs while on cycle.

I haven't gained any weight since I got off the Halodrol. I've seen muscle development in certain areas, but everything else has pretty much stayed the same.

For post cycle therapy I used Novedex XT and Rebound XT.

Is it possible that my PCT wasn't good enough, and my test levels are still low, and thats why I'm having a hard time gaining weight/muscle?
    What is your diet/training like? I would venture to guess it wasn't solid before, and isn't now and your lack of gains is stemming from that. Though a poor PCT can cause something like this.
  7. jjm

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    What is your diet/training like? I would venture to guess it wasn't solid before, and isn't now and your lack of gains is stemming from that. Though a poor post cycle therapy can cause something like this.
    I don't keep a fitday or anything like that, but I'll list yesterday's diet.

930 - bowl of frosted mini wheats, 5 egg whites, 1 banana
    1130- 2 yogurts and an apple with peanut butter
    130 - 8oz chicken breast and cup of cashew nuts
    230 - banana
    300 - workout
    500 - nitrean protein shake with oats and peanut butter
    600 - steak with mashed potatoes
    800 - 2 lean beef burgers
    1000 - nitrean protein shake with oats and peanut butter
    1130 - 2 cups of grapes.

While I was on cycle I trained 1 body part a day. I read that was one of the worst ways to train, so after I got done with the cycle I switched my routine to:
    chest/tris
    back/bis
    shoulders/legs
    off/abs/cardio
    repeat.

Could it be that I am overtraining? I've been working out for about 9 months now. I've read that it is important sometimes to take a week off. I've never done that. I've never missed more than 1 day in a row. Maybe I should take a week off?
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

seems like a good training schedule to me for the most part. its a basic split. your last meal is extremely weak (along with your diet in general). try having something like cottage cheese. maybe try upping the intensity of your workout? maybe youre not pushing yourself as hard now as you were on cycle. just remember that gains come much slower while off any hormonal products. sometimes it takes a while. between cycles i aim for more of a body recomp than trying to gain a whole lot. when you do a number of cycles and you gain an exceptional amount it makes it harder for your body to gain muscle naturally. it just takes a lot more time. halodrol seemed extremly suppressive for me and chances are your body is still returning to a complete homeostasis. i was on halodrol in march and am just starting to feel fully recovered.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

Well depending on your stats I would say you could quite possibly be overtraining. ANd honestly IMHO your diet is a bit skewed. Knock out some carbs and add more protein to the mix. It will do wonders.

For training advice I'd highly recommend you check out some DC training......after you've taken several days off to recover.
  10. Board Sponsor

For post cycle therapy I used Novedex XT and Rebound XT.

You used two of the same products, that's the problem.. Use nolva with the AI, then taper off the AI and stay with the nolva..
  11. Board Supporter

You really want to know go get bloodwork on your test levels.

If you are past your genetic limit it will be hard to gain anyway. IMO your body will most likely stabilize itself again it just takes time. Bloodwork will clear up all doubts very quickly.

Edit: to add to Big pete's post your pct was not optimal. You should always use a serm when coming off of a cycle. Some guys like DR.D have come off and not used serms when on a short cycle. But D knows what he is doing and has much experience and knowledge through years of doing this stuff. Use a serm next time.
  12. jjm

Thanks for the help so far guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Well depending on your stats I would say you could quite possibly be overtraining. ANd honestly IMHO your diet is a bit skewed. Knock out some carbs and add more protein to the mix. It will do wonders.

For training advice I'd highly recommend you check out some DC training......after you've taken several days off to recover.
    Do you have a link to DC training?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    You used two of the same products, that's the problem.. Use nolva with the AI, then taper off the AI and stay with the nolva..
    Are you saying I should do that right now?? Or with my future cycles?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

Do you have a link to DC training?
    Well check out ironaddicts.com. And a simple search on anabolicminds or google for "Doggcrap" will give you what you need to know. Email me if you need any more info on the methodology. nutrichem@hotmail.com Just make sure you've actually done some searching and reading first.
  14. jjm

Sorry to bump this but I had one more question.

If my test levels are low because of steroid use, will they eventually climb back to where they were before the cycle?
  15. Elite Member

Sorry to bump this but I had one more question.

If my test levels are low because of steroid use, will they eventually climb back to where they were before the cycle?
    Maybe yes, maybe no. Your test levels decline naturally with age anyway. If you're young and didn't do anything too suppressive, and you're not unusually succeptable to HPTA damage, then it would be normal to expect your body to get back into normal(for you) test producting given time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question regarding low test levels and adderall after PCT...
    By IronBusta in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
  2. Weird test levels, question. Matrix?
    By heroxyouxhate in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
  3. Quick Question On Test Levels
    By buci9 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 06:15 AM
  4. Question about Test Levels