Anyone with T4 Experience?

Smokey69

Awards
I am currently on a Mega TRN / 4-AD cutting cycle and am taking T-4 to shed some fat. I started taking the T4 last friday as soon as I felt the M TRN kicking in. I started with 1 tablet on friday and am now taking 6 tablets after ramping up by 1 tablet a day so thats 600mcg T4 but I still can't feel ****!

I thought T4 should make you sweat alot or feel a bit shakey so am beginning to think my T4 is Bunk. Im using Uni-Pharma tabs that I got from a internet source (one with the letters XXL somewhere in the address if anyone has experience from the same source).

I have been taking my temperature every day but it has not really changed much. There was one exception when I was cooking dinner in the kitchen and suddenly came over a bit hot on day 3. On taking my temperature it was 99.4 but that was the only time I've noticed a higher than normal reading or have even felt slightly hot. Any other time me temp is between 97.6 - 98.7 when I have been taking it at different times of the day.

I have also put on a couple of pounds of weight but that may well be due to the strong effects of the M TRN! my muscles look fuller.

Anyone got any advice?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Give it some time. If it is bunk, it won't work but I never get the increased temperature that some ascribe to the stuff and the weight still comes off. Are you doing cardio? That is where T3/T4 shines.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 600mcg of t4 ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your in for some trouble if you keep that up, that is ridiculous high dosage, Im suprised you are even awake! too much has the opposite effect by the way .

Smokey69

Awards
Yeah, im doing low intensity cardio for 45 minutes 4 - 5 days a week first thing in the mornings before food. Very interesting to hear the temperature thing does'nt effect everyone though! Was thinking it must be bunk if my morning body temp was still 97.6 - 97.8

Smokey69

Awards
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 600mcg of t4 ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your in for some trouble if you keep that up, that is ridiculous high dosage, Im suprised you are even awake! too much has the opposite effect by the way .
Why is it crazy? T4 is 4 - 5 times less potent than T3 so 600 mcg T4 must be round about the same as 125mcg T3 isn't it? 125mcg of T3 is a normal does to ramp up to is it not?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why is it crazy? T4 is 4 - 5 times less potent than T3 so 600 mcg T4 must be round about the same as 125mcg T3 isn't it? 125mcg of T3 is a normal does to ramp up to is it not?

Ummmmm Dude, you better do some more research. I have to take both T4 and T3 for a real thyroid problem. T4 is converted into T3, but not all of it, and it will only convert what your body thinks it needs, Hence, take T3 only to get much better and faster results.

I take .150 mcg T4, cause my thyroid is DEAD, I also take only .5 mcg T3, when I added this tiny little amount of T3 I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks :) But this was because my thryoid dont work at all, your does! Well I hope it does.

Let me tell ya, one time I doubled my dose of t4, so I was taking .300 a day, half of what you are taking, and I was not on T3 at the time, at first ok, I was doing a mojor home improvement project and wanted more enery, anyway, after a week I could barley get out of bed, it did a total shutdown, overload, worthless couch potatoe. I had to quit it all together for a freaking month to get back to normal.

Ive had to take these meds now for 13 years, I know them inside and out, Ive had to learn because this is my life dammit, Doctors dont even undertand how this stuff works half the time.

I suggest you just take some T3 and start low at first, im sure you will see a difference.

Smokey69

Awards
Thats interesting, and also very annoying at the same time if its true in my case!

I bought a load of T4 after reading that they are interchangable in everything I read, just a case of taking 4 - 5times as much! Also saw a post by Dr D on hear saying he thinks T4 is alot better as its more controlable / less sides.

Could the fact that large dose T4 made you feel weird not be due to the fact that you have a tyroid problem in the first place? The only bits of my research indicating that T4 is less effective than T3 was for those with thyroid problems due to an inability to convert T4 to T3. Any research I came accross for bodybuilding use indicated they were interchangable.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Everybody responds quite differently to T3/T4. What is an insane dose to some barely effects another. No offense Fit but your experience with them is not going to directly correlate to someone else ESPECIALLY since your body doesn't work correctly. In addition to that, how much do the two of you weigh? Someone with less body mass may require a lower dose than a larger individual. On top of that, one of you is female correct? Another HUGE variable. IMHO

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everybody responds quite differently to T3/T4. What is an insane dose to some barely effects another. No offense Fit but your experience with them is not going to directly correlate to someone else ESPECIALLY since your body doesn't work correctly. In addition to that, how much do the two of you weigh? Someone with less body mass may require a lower dose than a larger individual. On top of that, one of you is female correct? Another HUGE variable. IMHO

Yes, I am a female, I weigh 127 today. I dont think the dose is dependant on a weight factor though, it is how your body utilizes the drug, its a hormone.

Smokey, Yes, I have a different condition than you guys but still I have done TONS of research because it effects my life greatly. Im sure Dr. D knows his stuff, so if he told you specifically to take that dose, than by all means do it, if not then maybe you should consult him, what was good for one guy might not be good for you.

I look at it like this, the thyroid is like a carburater on a fine classic car, if it is not tuned perfectly, it aint gonna work!

Edit- let me add to this that soy products affect thyroid med absorbtion, and you must MUST take it on an empty stomach, and not eat for at least 1/2 hour to get the real effect, AND iron of any form hinders absorbtion.

Smokey69

Awards
Yeah, im male, 198 pounds, about 15% bodyfat.

Dr D did'nt recomend a dose, I've not spoken with him personally about it. Just read other threads with people using T3 where he has mentioned he uses T4 instead and thinks its a better option due to less serious side effects if you should take too much.

I've not really seen alot of advice regarding exact doses for a serious cut, other than 4 - 5 times as much as T3 and on the sources site I got it from it said useage was 2 - 6 tablets a day compared to the T3 which it said 1 - 4 tablets (25mcg to 100mcg).

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here is a little tid-bit Ill throw at ya:

T3-since its half-life is so short (one day, as opposed to 7 days for synthetic T4.)

Since the half life of T4 is so much longer, this is why i say be very careful, when it builds up in your system, you will crash, I promise you that! at your high dose that is. Then you must go clean for several weeks to even feel like normal again.

I personally would take T3, half life one day, much more control.

By the way also it takes t4 a month at least to get really working, where as t3 is immediate :)

Smokey69

Awards
Yeah, I did come accross the half life while researching today, but if that works out as you suggest which is perfectly logical, why is T4 said to be interchangable with T3 for cutting purposes? That would infact make it quite unsuitable for cutting really!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Possible food and drug interactions when taking Synthroid
Synthroid can interact with a wide variety of medications. It's advisable to check with your doctor before taking any other drug, but you should be especially wary of the following:

Amiodarone (Cordarone)
Androgens (male hormones)
Antacids and anti-gas medications
Antidepressants such as Elavil, Ludiomil, and Zoloft
Blood pressure drugs such as beta blockers, nitroprusside, and thiazide diuretics
Blood-thinning drugs such as Coumadin and heparin
Chloral hydrate (a sedative)
Diabetes drugs such as insulin and Micronase
Digitalis-type drugs such as Lanoxin
Estrogen products and oral contraceptives
Furosemide (Lasix)
Growth hormones
Hormone inhibitors such as Cytadren and Tapazole
Iodide
Iron supplements
Kayexalate
Ketamine (Ketalar)
Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
Methadone and heroin
Metoclopramide (Reglan)
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as phenylbutazone and aspirin
Parkinson's drugs such as Sinemet
Propylthiouracil (a thyroid inhibitor)
Seizure medications such as Dilantin, Tegretol, and phenobarbital
Steroids such as dexamethasone and hydrocortisone
Stimulants such as epinephrine (EpiPen)
Sucralfate (Carafate)
The cancer drugs 5-fluorouracil, 6-mercaptopurine, mitotane, and tamoxifen
The cholesterol-lowering drugs Colestid, Mevacor, and Questran
The immune-system drugs interferon and interleukin
The tranquilizers Trilafon and Valium
The tuberculosis drugs aminosalicylate, rifampin, and ethionamide
Theophylline (Theo-Dur)

A high-fiber diet, soy-containing supplements, and walnuts can also interfere with Synthroid effects.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I did come accross the half life while researching today, but if that works out as you suggest which is perfectly logical, why is T4 said to be interchangable with T3 for cutting purposes? That would infact make it quite unsuitable for cutting really!

Well people say all kinds of things on the internet, yes you can take them together, but for cutting purpose, I say T3 is all that is needed.

You can control it better, than T4 for sides in my mind, becuase of the half life. you know the side effects are pretty much the same, too much of either will make you hyperthyroid, but then you crash and become hypothyroid, they dont often tell you that part.