Support Supplement Dosage Questions

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

Support Supplement Dosage Questions

Newbie here planning my first cycle (PP) and need help with dosing some of the support supps.

How much fish oil should be taken daily?
    How much fenugreek should be taken daily?
    How much RYR should be taken daily?
    How much COQ10 should be taken daily?

Thanks in advance!

2. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll
    Newbie here planning my first cycle (PP) and need help with dosing some of the support supps.

How much fish oil should be taken daily?
    How much fenugreek should be taken daily?
    How much RYR should be taken daily?
    How much COQ10 should be taken daily?

Thanks in advance!
    You probably could have searched and found the answers to all these, but Im in a good mood today so I'll tell you what I take of each:

Fish Oil: 10-14g per day
    fenugreek: 1g/2g/3g/4g (increase 1g/per week)
    RYR: 1200mg/day
    CoQ10: 100mg/day
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

Thanks a ton for the info and glad the mood is good.

I had done some searching and found conflicting dosages for a few of those supps hence the question. For example, others used or recommended 1-4g/day of the fish oil, had the COQ10 at 300, and the fenugreek starting at 1.5 and increasing by .5 each week. I will use your numbers/dosing.

Thanks again Bro!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.18%

if you don't want to worry about it or if you havn't bought it yet there is a new product out that has all the neccesary stuff mixed in for a good price called cycle support. Check the sponsors.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

thx jonesboy...going to search it now.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

Found the thread. Found the site. Cound the product. Cooresponded with Crowler. Gonna order some when they get more in stock. Thanks for the lead jonesboy.
  7. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

I would still add in the fish oil into your normal supp regimine as it's health benefits are outstanding. FWIW I take 6 grams ed of a 50% EPA/DHA molecularly distilled version.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

Thanks bpmartyr. I bought a bottle of fish oil caps (1000mg/cap). the bottle says EPA on the front of the label and does list EPA and DHA as contents on the back. Does this 1000mg/cap mean I need to take 10-14 of these tabs/day to get to the 10-14g idunk mentioned?
  9. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

Thanks bpmartyr. I bought a bottle of fish oil caps (1000mg/cap). the bottle says EPA on the front of the label and does list EPA and DHA as contents on the back. Does this 1000mg/cap mean I need to take 10-14 of these tabs/day to get to the 10-14g idunk mentioned?

fish oil consumption in a healthy individual should probably be kept within a reasonable range, and additional supplementation with vitamin E is also a good choice. The amount of fish oil one takes should be dependent on both goals and the amount of EPA/DHA present in the fish oil. The optimal range for both safety and effectiveness in most healthy individuals is 1-4 g of EPA/DHA daily, and this amount shouldn't be exceeded without medical supervision. Most fish oils are standardized to 30% EPA/DHA, so this would be about 3-12 one gram caps daily. If the fish oil is standardized to a different amount the dosage should be changed accordingly, for example 2-8 caps of a 50% EPA/DHA product. Most of the benefits (other than possibly the change in body composition, for which there is presently little functional data) can be seen with 1-2 grams of EPA/DHA daily. Most fish oil capsules also contain vitamin E, but if they don't, a vitamin E supplement should be taken also.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  10. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.3%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    What all of this amounts to is, fish oil consumption in a healthy individual should probably be kept within a reasonable range, and additional supplementation with vitamin E is also a good choice. The amount of fish oil one takes should be dependent on both goals and the amount of EPA/DHA present in the fish oil. The optimal range for both safety and effectiveness in most healthy individuals is 1-4 g of EPA/DHA daily, and this amount shouldn't be exceeded without medical supervision. Most fish oils are standardized to 30% EPA/DHA, so this would be about 3-12 one gram caps daily. If the fish oil is standardized to a different amount the dosage should be changed accordingly, for example 2-8 caps of a 50% EPA/DHA product. Most of the benefits (other than possibly the change in body composition, for which there is presently little functional data) can be seen with 1-2 grams of EPA/DHA daily. Most fish oil capsules also contain vitamin E, but if they don't, a vitamin E supplement should be taken also.
    Yeah, the caps I take only contain 30% EPA/DHA, so thats why I usually take @12g's.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

OK... thanks...man I have so much to learn...

How do I know/how can I tell how my fish oil is standardized. Do most labels state a percentage or ratio related to how they are standardized? I cannot find it on my bottle.
  12. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

OK... thanks...man I have so much to learn...

How do I know/how can I tell how my fish oil is standardized. Do most labels state a percentage or ratio related to how they are standardized? I cannot find it on my bottle.
    The good ones do.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.23%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    The good ones do.

ouch...that's what I get for buying cheap store brand...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question on M1D hard rock supplements dosage
    By Joeyg19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 12:16 AM
  3. Support Supplements Dosage for H-Drol
    By liftsalot in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 11:15 PM
  4. Superdrol Supporting Supplement Dosage